Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would A World Adventures Work?

I'm newish to Sims 4 (My old pc broke and its taken me ages to get a new one).
I loved Sims 3, especially World Adventures though I felt it could have been built on and there was more milage in it, i.e. more worlds, new adventures could've been added to the ones we already had..
Would anyone like to see a World Adventures in Sims 4 and would it work as we now have to travel place to place by phone?
I always wanted to see more temples, which I think could have been added and a snow world with Yetis instead of zombies and igloos to explore, travel by husky or snow mobile or ski-ing.
Maybe the graphics would be too much for Sims 4?
Also, time travel could have involved an adventure with rewards, i.e. searching through time for bad guys that existed, i.e. Jack the Ripper, Billy the Kid!!!
I just think it would be fun and add more to the game rather than just getting married, having children and a career.
I'd also like to have seen an Atlantis world set under the sea.
What are other simmers thoughts on this? Do you think it could be possible?

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think we could have really nice worlds , but I don't think adventures could work like in ts3. Not cause of graphics but I don't know if it could be cause we used to have those huge basements that would be linked to others and idk if ts4 can do that
    21mbz47.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I'm newish to Sims 4 (My old pc broke and its taken me ages to get a new one).
    I loved Sims 3, especially World Adventures though I felt it could have been built on and there was more milage in it, i.e. more worlds, new adventures could've been added to the ones we already had..
    Would anyone like to see a World Adventures in Sims 4 and would it work as we now have to travel place to place by phone?
    I always wanted to see more temples, which I think could have been added and a snow world with Yetis instead of zombies and igloos to explore, travel by husky or snow mobile or ski-ing.
    Maybe the graphics would be too much for Sims 4?
    Also, time travel could have involved an adventure with rewards, i.e. searching through time for bad guys that existed, i.e. Jack the Ripper, Billy the Kid!!!
    I just think it would be fun and add more to the game rather than just getting married, having children and a career.
    I'd also like to have seen an Atlantis world set under the sea.
    What are other simmers thoughts on this? Do you think it could be possible?

I'd much rather have a Tropical Vacation or Skiing. WA was more about solving puzzles then vacationing. I want something like Sims 2 bon voyage. I especially liked that the sims could tour the old ghost ship and there were gift shops sims could buy from. And to top it off I loved the wave watching interaction.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I think we could have really nice worlds , but I don't think adventures could work like in ts3. Not cause of graphics but I don't know if it could be cause we used to have those huge basements that would be linked to others and idk if ts4 can do that

We have basements now however the lack of terrain tools could cause an issue unless they worked them in.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think vacation destination packs will replace the World Adventures. Alpine snow world, tropical beach world, etc.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Oh my god I'd die if we got a World Adventures EP for TS4. I loved the challenges and the mummy curses in Egypt. It was my absolute favourite part of TS3...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • IdkidkyetIdkidkyet Posts: 35 Member
    I would prefer they do not make world adventures again for certain reasons :|
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Idkidkyet wrote: »
    Can I ask what reasons?
    I'm just curious:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Can I ask what reasons?
    Sure :)
    I don't want them because in ts3 every location was sterotyped the names and clothes. And if they don't stereotype then I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same as any other sim town
    Can I ask what reasons?
    I don't want them because in ts3 every location was sterotyped the names and clothes. And if they don't stereotype then I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same as any other sim town

I thought the stereotypical clothing/names/look of the sims actually added to the game and gave it an extra layer of depth. Why was that an issue?
    ExxCee wrote: »
    Can I ask what reasons?

I thought the stereotypical clothing/names/look of the sims actually added to the game and gave it an extra layer of depth. Why was that an issue?

Because like I said before, some people are going to get mad at it and if they just make normal sims in those worlds it's going to be boring they already said they didn't want to offend people with city living and if anything I bet it's just going to be toned down and boring
    Giving French names to sims that live in France or Egyptian names to sims that live in Egypt is not stereotyping, it's called a nation's culture.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I think they did well with City Living and could do other neat areas in ways that make them both interesting and respectful of cultures.

They /also/ could do adventure areas that aren't necessarily culture themed. Maybe something like Dragon Valley with tombs. Or an ice world with dungeons...
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I enjoyed World Adventures though I can see the reasons for the complaints. I agree with adding more vacation worlds and vacation homes. I'd be interested in cultural exploration/content but not if it is offensive.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I would actually love for it to happen. It would be a posiblity to give us cool worlds and nice build mode items. I don't think we need it now tho- let some more important EP's like Pets or Seasons come out first.
    I loved WA but once I had figured it out, I never went back. It's kind of a one time adventure because it's the same adventure no matter which sim is doing it. It was very fun the first time, but not so after that.
    Can I ask what reasons?

Because like I said before, some people are going to get mad at it and if they just make normal sims in those worlds it's going to be boring they already said they didn't want to offend people with city living and if anything I bet it's just going to be toned down and boring

Were people actually offended by country-specific names/clothing? That amazes me.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Can I ask what reasons?

Were people actually offended by country-specific names/clothing? That amazes me.

True. Sadly, we live in an age where people get offended by literally everything.
  • LittlenochuLittlenochu Posts: 44 Member
    Honestly thought world adventures in ts3 was boring. Hopefully If they do make world adventures for ts4 it will be more interesting.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    A working WA would require the ability to connect certain items (link a handle to an opening door, stuff like that). If that's possible they can do tombs. Many tombs are only three stories deep in Sims 3 and Sims 4 can do that. But I think gurugraham said they weren't planning an EP like that because not everybody was happy with it? Still I quite often see it mentioned as a favourite my many. By me for example :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Back when it was released a lot of summers didn't like the focus on puzzle solving. Even though I really liked it, there was a downside to the thing. The worlds lacked new gameplay outside the puzzle challenges. If you kept playing until your sims could buy a vacation home, your sims didn't really have anything to do. If our sims didn't have to stay at the hostels and if there had been more activities like nectar making and Sim fu, maybe more people would have liked it.

I almost feel Monte Vista and Isla Paradiso were the vacation worlds we should have gotten.
  • starwingcoronastarwingcorona Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2017
    Frankly, I'd love another World Adventures-type pack, and it'd be a shame to see that jeopardized just because of the reception of World Adventures. The premise itself was fantastic, with explorable dungeons and cultures to experience, but I feel like what really made people angry was that it came at the cost of a The Sims Vacation equivalent.

World Adventures' action and exploration kind of conflicted with the laidback relaxation of Vacation-style gameplay, and any attempt to replicate that kind of experience with what little traditional Vacation-type gameplay was possible was usually done in by Opportunity popups trying to draft you to action. And don't get the wrong impression, I actually LIKE the exploration aspects more than sitting on a beach or camping, but the implementation last time was rather awkward. Not bad for a first try at something that ambitious, but it still could've used some refining.

In particular, the regions were great for tombs but felt lacking in regards to conventional vacations that didn't involve roleplaying Tomb Raiders of the Lost Ark. Champs Les Sims was fairly bland aesthetic-wise and had little to do from the player's perspective apart from Nectar-making. Shang Simla was a scenic locale that offered a lot to Martial Artists but I feel like Al-Simhara, fantastically executed as it was from a design standpoint, offered nearly nothing apart from tomb thematic and Mummies which, again, play into tombs.

I'd say Al-Simhara and Shang Simla could've easily been salvaged into great vacation destinations with some work, but Champ Les Sims felt more like for its purpose it probably should've been exchanged for something more like the Simazon Rainforest or the Island of Simoa to offer a more varied experience for both tombs and vacationing. Being locked to real world locations didn't help much in regards to being able to add variety, I think, and being able to give pastiches of locations (imagine being able to kitbash an Aspen-style ski resort, the Yukon, Moscow in the winter and the North Pole, for example) could have worked wonders.

I think if another installment was done that paid fair attention to vacation attractions more akin to Bon Voyage and TSV with the tomb-style exploration aspect complementing that kind of gameplay as an optional route instead of contrasting it as a main attraction that keeps trying to drag you in, I think there would be a wildly different and far more positive response. Doubly so if we can still make our own tombs using Debug Items~!