Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Major Problem

Just to warn you this may go on for quite a while :)

A few month ago i bought the sims 3, for my computer. I installed it, and it was very slow, due to my slow computer. So i lowered the graphics to make it run better. It did randomly crash, but not as often as i expected. Then some patches came out and i literally just cudnt play at all due to crashing. Then for some reason i gave up playing, probz due to the crashing. And now i am at uni. This weekend i visited home, and my dad had uninstalled everything, wipsed everything off the comp, then started from scratch, to make the computer run faster. Yes, it is generally MUCH faster, but even without the patches the sims 3 is barely working..
Anyway, i wondered whether some people could tell me what spec of computer would be good for playing the sims 3 (plus EPs). And then recommend a couple of computers/laptops. However it cannot cost too much please. So i want it cheap but good..
Just give me your recommendations please :)

Happy Simming :>

Comments

• Sim_Master_IbraSim_Master_Ibra Posts: 314 New Member
    edited November 2009
    why don't you read the system requirements on the site? :)
  • ashthebash91ashthebash91 Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2009
    BEcause minimum requirements obv wont be necessarily efficient money-wise
  • CasmeCasme Posts: 8
    edited November 2009
    Im having a major problem, not the same one but one none the less. I can't download any of my purchases from the sims 3 store. When I finally do manage to get them to show up on the downloads section of the launcher they wont install, i get a message saying service initialization failed. Ive seen this problem mention in other posts but no solutions, and most weren't recent. plese help me
  • d4ng3rousd4ng3rous Posts: 2,273 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Try the Acer website. They have decent pc's for cheap.

Of course it depends on your budget also.
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited November 2009
    Doesn't it depend on the Motherboard you have in the computer?
    Are you looking to build a whole new computer? Because if not you would need to know how much ram you can add to the one you have. but it depends on the board and how much each slot can accept/hold...
    I play on a laptop and really don't know much about computers- can you tell? I do know that you have to know what you want to do and what you have to start with.

Might be best to go to a computer site and ask or at least to the Technical section.
    Good luck with it by the way. :D
  • JemnaMercuryJemnaMercury Posts: 188 New Member
    edited November 2009
    d4ng3rous wrote:
    Try the Acer website. They have decent pc's for cheap.

Of course it depends on your budget also.

I'd recommend that, too. You don't necesseraly have to spend a lot. My laptop was only about £150, and it runs the Sims 3. :lol:
  • rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited November 2009
    BEcause minimum requirements obv wont be necessarily efficient money-wise

Here's a link to my thread with two basic gaming pcs available in UK.
    An internet search should turn up more but shop assistants are not always up to sorting requirements suitable for TS3. :?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/123126.page#1526299

Oops, edited to add url as the link went missing!
  • Calimero2000Calimero2000 Posts: 1,007 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Casme wrote:
    Im having a major problem, not the same one but one none the less. I can't download any of my purchases from the sims 3 store. When I finally do manage to get them to show up on the downloads section of the launcher they wont install, i get a message saying service initialization failed. Ive seen this problem mention in other posts but no solutions, and most weren't recent. plese help me

Not seen the initialization failed message at all, but I have had a problem with downloading store items before. Are you fully patched? My problem went away after I got the patch.

Happy Simming,
    Calimero :-D
    edited November 2009
    I wud b very interested to know where you got a laptop for £150 that runs ts3 well ?
    edited November 2009
    BUMP!
    edited November 2009
    BUMP
  • rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited November 2009
    I wud b very interested to know where you got a laptop for £150 that runs ts3 well ?

So would I.
    My laptop ran TS2 and expansions and runs TS3 perfectly but cost six times more. Now available at a lower price of course.http://ezinearticles.com/?Sony-VAIO-VGN-AW11M-H-Laptop-Review&id=2215699
    edited November 2009
    bump
  • sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited November 2009
    I have a Husband Built computer. I dunno what all he put in it, but I do know it has 8 Core thingies and a Nvidia card. Okay I asked him I have an i7 CPU Processor, with 8 processor thingies. memory is 6.00GB, and a 64 bit operating system.

I dunno if that helps much?
    edited November 2009
    I need to know the cost of everything really.
    edited November 2009
    bump
  • djmtottdjmtott Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2009
    www.newegg.com
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I bought a from Dell Inspiron 530 at Walmart for under $400 which came with a nice lcd monitor and vista. I installed some extra ram to bring my total ram up to 4gb and also installed a pcie evga 9800 gtx+ 512mb video card for a total of about $200 more. I play most games with everything on high with little or no lag.