Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how's everyone liking the Vampires Pack?

Comments

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Just got my first vampire creeping in...scared the bejesus out of me

10pHSoF.png

kQ2Sc2G.png

Didn't know Bob Ross was a vampire!

I had no idea who Bob Ross, so I googled him while drinking tea...you owe me a new keyboard ;)

I took a sip from my coffee mug and went to google. Then swallowed before hitting enter.

I've seen that guy before actually B)

To the topic: Vampires pack is my favourite this far, no competition. I have enjoyed some of the previous packs, but now I'm in love. I don't mind that sims can tell who is a vampire and who isn't. They already have to discover aliens and I don't miss those moodlets. Also I like that it's a special, alien thing now. My problem is that I may end up turning many of my sims into vampires, because it gives me a chance to enhance their personalities. I try not to go overboard.

I have no such qualms. Humans are doomed :naughty:

The game's still going to generate human Sims though, so you can't have everybody in the whole game as vampires at once.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

10pHSoF.png

kQ2Sc2G.png

I had no idea who Bob Ross, so I googled him while drinking tea...you owe me a new keyboard ;)

I took a sip from my coffee mug and went to google. Then swallowed before hitting enter.

To the topic: Vampires pack is my favourite this far, no competition. I have enjoyed some of the previous packs, but now I'm in love. I don't mind that sims can tell who is a vampire and who isn't. They already have to discover aliens and I don't miss those moodlets. Also I like that it's a special, alien thing now. My problem is that I may end up turning many of my sims into vampires, because it gives me a chance to enhance their personalities. I try not to go overboard.

The game's still going to generate human Sims though, so you can't have everybody in the whole game as vampires at once.

Gotta keep the crop coming. Makes good agricultural sense ;)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

10pHSoF.png

kQ2Sc2G.png

Wow, you are evil!
    edited January 2017

10pHSoF.png

kQ2Sc2G.png

Wow, you are evil!

:lol:

I'm a bit of a wuss really, just dark sense of humour :grin:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am so loving this pack but still have a lot to learn I absolutely adore the charming aura or whatever it is as the minute my vamp switches that on the following happens-)

01_31_17_5_31_14_PM.pngphoto uploading

Can anyone more knowledgeable tell me if there is a way to cook any type of vampire food rather than using the plasma packs as I want to throw a vampire style party but with some sort of food not just bags.

Also, if I add the power to sneak into other sims homes do I just send him to any human’s address and he can get in?
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I am so loving this pack but still have a lot to learn I absolutely adore the charming aura or whatever it is as the minute my vamp switches that on the following happens-)

Can anyone more knowledgeable tell me if there is a way to cook any type of vampire food rather than using the plasma packs as I want to throw a vampire style party but with some sort of food not just bags.

Also, if I add the power to sneak into other sims homes do I just send him to any human’s address and he can get in?

Yeah love that power. :p

I think there is a Plasma Fruit Salad to make, not sure if there are anymore recipes or not.
    Hi @DecafHigh

I just love some of these powers that actually appear to work as intended lol I am going to have to try and find out how to make that salad thanks, right now 2 mins after posting the above my sim levelled up to grand master and suddenly he cannot compel other sims for a drink at all and he is almost starving because plasma packs are just not as filling so I am trying to work out if this is a glitch or something to do with levelling up, I better not lose all my hard won/earned progression >:)
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Level up your bar skill and make the Plasma Jane... hoping for a range of vamp safe and withered stomach friendly food and drink... can you step up to the plate, devs? ;)
    Level up your bar skill and make the Plasma Jane... hoping for a range of vamp safe and withered stomach friendly food and drink... can you step up to the plate, devs? ;)

ooh thanks for that tip I wasn’t aware the Plasma Jane drink at the bar made the thirst bar go up I will have to try that. Me too hoping for some vampire friendly food at some point although I thought there would have been some choices regards the plasma fruit but have not grown any yet to try.

I only just found out there is some sort of salad but players appear to be complaining that vamps never enjoy the meal so not sure what else can be done.. :)

A plasma cake would be a good place to start with new foods. After all, who wants to celebrate with vomiting vampires on your wedding? :)
  • yo_prinz_ohyo_prinz_oh Posts: 30 New Member
    Hello! I haven't bought the game pack yet and I'm wondering how the vampire powers & weaknesses work. Is it possible to get all 25 vampire powers while picking weaknesses that don't conflict with each other?
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I wanna see some of your Vampires! Especially if you have any Twilight or True Blood ones! I'll post my Vampire tomorrow! I always play with my Sim self so my Sim self is now a vampire.
    71rbpi.png
  • ChelleB24ChelleB24 Posts: 99 Member
    Liking the expansion, but I think I got a weird bug/glitch. I made my vampire from scratch in CAS, but she still has Regular Sim needs (hunger, bladder, etc) when her Needs menu only shows the ones for vampires. so I'm a little lost. Do vampire sims still have the same needs as regular sims and just don't show up in the Needs menu or are they supposed to become inactive?
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I finally had about six hours to play the new GP during the past few days and I love it. I created a brand new vampire sim, and she is too much fun to play. I love how she rarely ever needs sleep. I also moved her into a renovated Culpepper apartment that not only looks nice but gives her a balcony to grow plasma fruit.

It's the apartment where the roaches and mice are the roommates. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    Good use for that apartment. Nobody else wanted to live there! :) Shame she can't eat mice...
  • irishgurl2978irishgurl2978 Posts: 267 Member
    I don't know why but Vampires have always been one of my favorite parts of The Sims. I think they are fun to play with. The ones in The Sims 4 are great in my opinion and I am loving playing with them.I actually hadn't been playing The Sims a lot in the last few months until they added Toddlers and now Vampires back into the game and for the last few days I've spent a lot of my free time playing the game which makes me really happy because I have always loved this game since the original one was released.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I love it!
    OK, so I've got a massive crush on Caleb Vatore and I can't get this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_kkToaa6c
    out of my head, but I love this pack! I haven't been this excited about the sims 4 since the base game launch.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

Your vamp looks like a vamped Andy Biersack.

:D:D:D

He is now thanks to a happy little accident.

:D:D:D

I had to screenshot this exchange because it's too priceless not to!

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    Like so many others, I absolutely love this pack! :love: So many things to do, and by using powers in different ways you can really create different types of vampires. I love that they can train each other, show off their powers, spar, deprive sims of their needs or turn random sims just because lol. I also love that when my first lady turned into a vampire, she had to throw up at work (she was still a doctor) because she felt so miserable and tried to eat all the time which her stomach simply couldn't handle. It's kind of cool :D The only things I wish they'd have added are: a) a scared emotion; b) right after a vamp turns (especially if they were forcefully turned) I wish they could not just recall their mortal life but also mourn it or something like that + maybe shout at the vamp who turned them for having forced them against their will to become a vampire; c) I wish the first time they didn't see their reflection in the mirror, they'd freak out a little bit, realising that they really are dead; d) that your non-vamp sims could, upon finding out their relative or friend has turned, have an interaction saying something like 'omg, wth happened to you??????' :D; and e) I really wanted two traits, one for those who love the supernatural and want to find out more & one for those who really hate them, so that the sims' reactions to vamps would be slightly more diverse (and, if wanted, could be set by the player).

But other than those things, it's brilliant & full of stuff to do. I love the world, I love Vlad, I love what they can do & how miserable they are while turning, the daymares, the powers, the vampire lore, etc. Still have to play a vamp hunter at some point for the fun of it, especially because I've got one vamp that just generally likes to turn random townies then leave them to their faith, so at some point I might need someone to undo their killing sprees ;)
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Love it! My sim took advantage of the welcome wagon :p

PwAc6PW.png

That suit as well... I mean he was just asking for it really.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    I am so happy with this pack, I don't think I've had this much in the Sims 4 for so long. As Shalimar37 said, I would like if the sims would react if your vampire is drinking blood from a sim around them.

For example, I went into a house and took one of the sims to a room so the others wouldn't see and it could be done in 'secret' but as my vampire was sucking bood one of the household members just walks into the room and goes to bed. No reaction lol. Anyway besides that it is one of the best packs they have released in my opinion.

Really?? I've mainly been having my sim taking a drink in the middle of a club or restaurant and there are always a number of frowny onlookers who then have negative relationship bars even if I haven't introduced myself...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • sissybpsissybp Posts: 2 New Member
    Got one of my sims to Grand Master Vampire, gave him the hissing weakness, now when he hisses he gets negative reactions from all of the sims around him. He even gets it with his wife which puts their relationship way down, then I have to build it up again. He learned the recipe for Draught of Reconfiguration, the one that is suppose to let you reset all of their powers. It doesn't work. I even made him drink 2 of them so he could get rid of the Uncontrollable Hissing. Still no luck! Is there some kind of trick to this that I don't know about? I really like this addition to the game, and I get all kinds of bad reactions from sims when he feeds in public. Love the Vampiric Might, Vampiric Fascination, Perfect Sun Resistance, Vampire Creation, Bat Form, and Occult Master. Really don't like the Uncontrollable Hissing weakness, and wish I had never given it to him since the drink they can make to reset their Powers doesn't work. Occult Master is a cool one, they use less Vampire energy. They are awake more so they can build up their other skills, just wish it was like Sims 3 at night they would learn at a much faster rate. One more thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that when a regular Sim changes into a Vampire you have No Way to pick how their facial features are going to look, your stuck with whatever they get in that department.
    sissybp wrote: »
    Got one of my sims to Grand Master Vampire, gave him the hissing weakness, now when he hisses he gets negative reactions from all of the sims around him. He even gets it with his wife which puts their relationship way down, then I have to build it up again. He learned the recipe for Draught of Reconfiguration, the one that is suppose to let you reset all of their powers. It doesn't work. I even made him drink 2 of them so he could get rid of the Uncontrollable Hissing. Still no luck! Is there some kind of trick to this that I don't know about? I really like this addition to the game, and I get all kinds of bad reactions from sims when he feeds in public. Love the Vampiric Might, Vampiric Fascination, Perfect Sun Resistance, Vampire Creation, Bat Form, and Occult Master. Really don't like the Uncontrollable Hissing weakness, and wish I had never given it to him since the drink they can make to reset their Powers doesn't work. Occult Master is a cool one, they use less Vampire energy. They are awake more so they can build up their other skills, just wish it was like Sims 3 at night they would learn at a much faster rate. One more thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that when a regular Sim changes into a Vampire you have No Way to pick how their facial features are going to look, your stuck with whatever they get in that department.

You can edit them in CAS using the cas.fulleditmode cheat.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • sissybpsissybp Posts: 2 New Member
    sissybp wrote: »

You can edit them in CAS using the cas.fulleditmode cheat.
    Not good at the cheat part. It always leaves me with a bunch of glitches.