Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Why why! They are married ><

Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
I'm pulling my hair out on this little problem I have, and I don't know if this has to do with traits or anything so maybe someone can help me.

I have two sims who are now married the wife is a vampire and she has been one since I forced her to change into one with a cheat since I created her. Her Husband is just a normal sim and so of course he knows she is a vampire but yet he still asked her to marry him and they have a vampire toddler.

I use the wife to try and feed off of her husband instead of plasma packs and when she goes to ask for his permission he always says "keep those fangs away from me!" so then she compels him and then takes a big drink and then she feels guilty after because that is a weakness she has. IT'S TEARING THEIR MARRIAGE APART!!!

how can I make him just flat out agree all the time to allow her to drink from him? where is the trust and looooooooove!

Hahah anyways, does anyone know how to allow this? I'm probably doing something wrong or something.

ps. really disappointed that two vampires can't drink from one another... why can't i have my blood bonds and blood sharing?? :'(

EDIT: 1/31/2017

Tanja1986 at ModtheSims.com created a mega vampire mod and "ask permission" being successful is one of them (Yay!)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588980

and I commented on PrincessVee's mod asking if it was possible to make a vampire to vampire drink plasma mod and she went ahead and did it (another yay)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589112
tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
Post edited by Linnyxx17 on

Comments

• Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Sometimes people don't like to be eaten, I guess.

I am a little disappointed vampires can't drink from each other. Even if it wasn't a 'filling meal', it'd be cool for the blood bond aspect, like you say.
  • Options

I am a little disappointed vampires can't drink from each other. Even if it wasn't a 'filling meal', it'd be cool for the blood bond aspect, like you say.

hehehe i dont see it as being "eaten" just a Wife giving nice little love bites to her Husband while he makes sure she doesnt go hungry XD hahaha.

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    The friendship needs to be high, the romance can be at 100% and they might still refuse.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    The friendship needs to be high, the romance can be at 100% and they might still refuse.

Yeah I think it's this. Try maxing the friendship bar and try. My sim usually just compels so I haven't really tried this out.

--T
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've noticed something with my vampire. She is good, and she doesn't like taking without permission as well. Anyways, I've been testing the water so to speak, and I have discovered this. For another sim to accept, she must first get into a friendly conversation with the sim until they get at a Pleasant Conversation, and that sim will gladly give her what she is asking. So far I have tested this on two of her friends. On the other hand I attempted while she and the other sim were feeling flirty in their conversation, and that sim would refuse.

I have so far had two sims accept her request and they were 100% friends, and at a pleasant conversation. I'm still testing to see if a romantic partner at a pleasant conversation will work or not. I'm having a bit of trouble with this one, as far as them not getting all flirty with each other.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I've noticed something with my vampire. She is good, and she doesn't like taking without permission as well. Anyways, I've been testing the water so to speak, and I have discovered this. For another sim to accept, she must first get into a friendly conversation with the sim until they get at a Pleasant Conversation, and that sim will gladly give her what she is asking. So far I have tested this on two of her friends. On the other hand I attempted while she and the other sim were feeling flirty in their conversation, and that sim would refuse.

I have so far had two sims accept her request and they were 100% friends, and at a pleasant conversation. I'm still testing to see if a romantic partner at a pleasant conversation will work or not. I'm having a bit of trouble with this one, as far as them not getting all flirty with each other.
    I have a married couple with 100% in both romance and relationship and I could easily just click on the human partner and ask for a drink without talking to her first.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    In my experience, they have to be best friends in order to successfully ask to drink.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Really? I thought vampires could feed off sims that weren't friends? Do they have to be friends wit each sim?
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Requesting is also ruining relationships in my game.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Really? I thought vampires could feed off sims that weren't friends? Do they have to be friends wit each sim?
    they can but if you want to ask permission, only good friends will say yes. For strangers, just compel them and you'll be fine

tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    News flash vampires are evil and humans don't like them sucking their blood! :P

Leave that poor man alone and stop treating him like a piece of meat!
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited January 2017
    News flash vampires are evil and humans don't like them sucking their blood! :P

Leave that poor man alone and stop treating him like a piece of meat!

Oh Pul-eeeze! There are enough freaks out there that would love to have their blood sucked by a vampire. A vampire fan trait or something would have been kind of funny.

P.S.
    I know you were joking, I am too, kinda ;)

I can't believe that sucked in censored.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    There must be a chance element to the other sim accepting as I've had sim that were only just friends accept as well as my vamps spouse has never said no.

Saying that my vamp compels everyone for a deep drink 'cos that's the way he rolls.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    I did finally get the husband to allow his wife to drink, but he only allowed it twice so now I just allow her to get parched and she just compels him automatically now. I've learned over the 17years of playing the sims there is no use in fighting with them trying to get them to do what you want. It is such a losing battle for the player hehe

• Options
    faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I had the exact same issue. I had my vampire marry a guy for kids and feeding off him. He rarely allowed her to feed off him. I eventually just turned him.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    My sim was able to ask her brother for blood before he was turned, it was never an issue, I have also been able to ask sims who were just new friends for blood and it was okay, sometimes I have been able to ask random non friend sims for blood also, although I feel like they are less likely to give you their blood if other sims are around or in the conversation...

Like my sim always alone with her brother at home, and he never declined her for feeding, but I invited Caleb over, and then wanted her to feed, off her brother and her brother was upset with her for asking him, and Caleb was in the conversation so, it is possible that they don't like to allow you to feed when other sims are involved nearby or in conversation?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I don't think of it as them being eaten. I think of it as them being drunk from. I think it's romantic once the sim gets past the initial bite and pain stage.

Unfortuanly this is the closest we have to the kiss neck which is only available for teens unless you have a mod.
  • Options
    Tanja1986 at Mod the Sims created a mega vampire mod and "ask permission" being successful is one of them (Yay!)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588980

and I commented on PrincessVee's mod asking if it was possible to make a vampire to vampire drink plasma mod and she went ahead and did it (another yay)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589112

• Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I find that if you mesmerize your victim before drinking from them your relationship won't get a negative hit.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It's a shame there's no "Fangbanger" trait (or something a little more T for Teen).
    Vampire Groupies should totally be a thing.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    I think good relationships and pleasant conversations help when asking, but there might always be a slight chance at denial.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Hmmm. Fangbangers...
    There is a reason that most vampires are looking for pure bloods and having blood borne diseases forever sounds like no fun... :)
    Must be terrible living with something so leechy.
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    well vampires cant suffer diseases... but they could spread them... none of that is relevant to the sims though.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think it kinda helps to have the Convivial lot trait when biting. That may part of the reason why my Sim never says no to her biting him.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    In my experience, they have to be best friends in order to successfully ask to drink.

That's not true, actually. I have a guilty drinker as well, so to make her life a little easier, I also gave her that trait you can buy that gives you a friendship boost when using a friendly introduction upon meeting new sims (and it's not a best friends boost, just good acquaintances). Now, if she introduces herself and has a short chat (so the conversation is pleasant) they will nearly always say yes to her. I think it has to do primarily with how well the conversation is going and less with how well they know each others (although they do have to like each other and have at least a bit of green bar, but it works with less than half full)