Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which townie has been the best romantic partner to your Sim?

klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
I feel like I've hit a bit of a snag in my current save today and so I got to wondering if anyone here would be willing to provide some feedback on the townies and their experiences with them as a spouse to their sim(s)?
I know that not every save file is exactly the same, and I've noticed that the same sims who were friends in one save can hate each other in the next, so I'm not expecting every townie I've played to "click" as well with my sim as they did in a different save. That being said, I will say I've played my current sims on at least four different occasions in four different save files over time, so the sim I'm looking to marry off has been with a few townies. She's married Joaquin Le Chien in a couple saves, she's married Salim Benali in one, and in another, she married a game-generated townie. These sims have been pretty great partners to her, but I've yet to really feel the "sparks" I have with other couples I've paired together. When pairing sims, I usually watch to see which sims actively seek mine out, if the other sim balances the relationship out with as many friendly socials as romantic ones, keep an eye on my sim's whims, etc., but it's just not going that way in my current save. She's got a little flirtation going on with Salim Benali and he's been very hot and cold so far. He'll come on really strong one day, but the next, ignore her completely and leave the lot without so much as talking to her once. He'll even start browsing the web on his phone when she's in the middle of a conversation with him. I'm not sure if his lazy trait is to blame, but I'm pretty put-off by him right now and I'm thinking she needs to pursue someone else.
So here comes my question: which townies have been the best partner/spouse to your sims? Also, have any stood out as great parents? I have all SPs, GPs, and EPs, so no one's really off the table except for Max Villareal as I plan on marrying him off to her younger sister once they age to YAs. I'm not super keen on pairing her with a non-committal sim, but they're certainly not off-limits for suggestion. If it helps, her traits are Romantic, Good, and Perfectionist. She's also looking to find her soulmate, so she has the Alluring bonus trait.

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I haven't been through that many townies, but Luna Villareal has been my favourite this far. I suppose you're looking for a male. Luna's granddaughter is with Akira Kibo, but they are just neighbours and not actually living together. Akira is jealous, just a warning. My evil sim was really happy with Malcolm Landgraab. They bullied other sims, but were affectionate towards each other.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Bjorn Bjergsen seems to be a popular one in my game. He just had his sixth child. lol
    Victor Feng seemed to be a good father to the twins he had with my sim. Problem was they were not married and he refused to leave the house once the boys were toddlers. I ended up having to lock him in the pool house until he died just to get rid of him.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I have a soft spot for Candy Behr. She's lovely imo & I love to pair her with my sims.

I had another sim named Nataly recently who was a townie and married into my legacy as the spouse of the founder. She was remarkable. I'm not one to get attached to my sims, but I was quite fond of her. Randomly generated townies can surprise you sometimes.

As for males, hmm. Akira is nice, but like someone else has said, he's got that jealousy trait which can be annoying to manage. If you go with him, I'd save up for that "never tense" reward trait for him.

I'm drawing a blank on other guys. I haven't married in the majority of premades tbh. Max was a great partner for one of my sims though, so her younger sister should be set.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Don Lothario is my favourite to marry. Despite his non committal trait he is actually very loving and he is a great father.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Dina and Katrina Caliente were great moms/wives. Akira is great, but jealous type. I quite like Caleb from Vampires pack.

Don Lothario is a pretty good guy. Just maybe not the most committed. Good genes tho.

Travis was my first sims S.O. and he was a good partner. Just wish i got him out more. He got chunky in his later years.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Aye, another Candy Behr fan here. Summer Holiday has never let one of my sims down either :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    I would say Johnny Zest, Bjorn and Victor Feng. J only works out and plays computer games, Akira keeps flirting autonomously with other Sims and Marcus Flex is kinda aloof.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the replies so far, everyone! :)
    @luimistelija, Luna is absolutely lovely, but I do plan on having my sim's younger sister marry her brother, Max, so it'd kinda make the family tree...interesting. :lol: I haven't played with a jealous sim spouse yet, so Akira could challenge my play style a bit. Quick question: I know jealous sims will react negatively when seeing their spouse talk to others; do you know if he'll act up if she speaks to her family members?
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Bjorn Bjergsen seems to be a popular one in my game. He just had his sixth child. lol
    Victor Feng seemed to be a good father to the twins he had with my sim. Problem was they were not married and he refused to leave the house once the boys were toddlers. I ended up having to lock him in the pool house until he died just to get rid of him.
    I like the way you think. >:)

@AfterMidnight, I adore Candy Behr. She's always friends with my sims. I am thinking that if she marries a sim with the non-committal or jealous traits, I'll have to get that "carefree" reward for them or else I'll be tempted to trap 'em somewhere and call it a freak accident. :lol: I actually consider Max to be the best sim partner and father I've ever had in my game; he's always an absolute sweetheart to Dahlia, the younger sister, from the moment they meet as kids. She's set, for sure. ;)

@simm621, I have heard great things about Don Lothario, so he's definitely on my list right now. :)

@BlueR0se, I never considered Dina or Katrina since I hardly ever see them. Thanks for reminding me of them. Yeah, that's my only drawback with Akira as I'm a bit concerned about his jealous trait and how that'd play out in his relationship with her. And ah, Don's notorious genes...he's crossed my mind on more than one occasion. ;) I didn't consider Travis. Does he have good traits?

@ModerateOsprey, Candy's got to be one of my faves, too. :) It's weird, but I almost never see Summer in my game. I'll have to see if I can hunt her down.

@Nini, Johnny Zest is the one who lives in the trailer in OS, right? I'm a little hesitant to get her with a married sim like Victor or Bjorn since she has the Good trait and I don't think she'd go there, but I'm a little intrigued since another member mentioned them. That's my only worry with the sims with the romantic trait; the flirting. :neutral: And I'm not much of a fan of Marcus, either. Mostly because I saw him beat up a child in front of a nightclub once, but that's a different issue. :lol:

I'm surprised that so many of you have mentioned female sims. They do seem more affectionate than some of the males, don't they? I always pictured this sim with a male as she seems to gravitate towards them autonomously, but I'll give the ladies around town more attention. Eager to see more replies! :smiley:
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    My Vamp sim has a thing with Caleb, he was kind of standoffish until she was turned, though.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Travis has the Self Assured, Geek, and Outgoing traits. Friendly and nerdy kind of dude but cute imo.

Johnny Zest was a decent spouse too.

Have you considered looking on the gallery for ideal sim partner?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Oddly enough, even with his commitment issues, Don Lothario! He's a great and attentive daddy to their children and never even flirts with other sims (I thought that was strange) But unlike Jay Huntington, he just gets the urge to change jobs all the time. I've never even had him roll a whim for flirting or woohoo with anyone but his wife. Also, the kids that come from them are adorable. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't use them often, but I remember Summer Holiday being nice a while back.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    I have to do a shout out to Zoe Patel and Alice Lewis as well. I rarely see these mentioned and they have always been spot on partners for my sims.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2017
    @ModerateOsprey I love Zoe Patel! She's one of my 'go-to' gals for male legacy torch holders. I think she's absolutely beautiful and doesn't seem to ever be too whiny like some can get.

Who am I kidding. I don't really ever let gender deter me from using a sim for a legacy spouse. Maybe its cheating but that's what CAS.fulleditmode /gender preference/pregnancy reassignment is for!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    @ModerateOsprey I love Zoe Patel! She's one of my 'go-to' gals for male legacy torch holders. I think she's absolutely beautiful and doesn't seem to ever be too whiny like some can get.

Yeah, I ALWAYS have Zoe in my games. She is really nice to play as a controlled Sim as well :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    once upon a time it was Johnny Zest he even took on kids that weren't his he was a sweet pea then there was Akira he adored his family until I chose to delete him I'll have to give him a new one.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited January 2017
    A pretty girl called Zoe in my game. I am not sure, if she lived anywhere, when my sim Will Wright found her outside his house. So sweet to Will all the way through.
    w9i5uf.jpg
    Now she is an elder sim
    25kr1pw.jpg

Also, she is a super mom for both her own kids and those aliens from her pregnant husband. Even an adopted girl. She always thinks and cares about them.
    edited January 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Travis has the Self Assured, Geek, and Outgoing traits. Friendly and nerdy kind of dude but cute imo.

Oh, he's got great traits! I've seen him around and he's got such a sweet face. I'll add him to my list of consideration. I have thought of looking on the gallery, and I've thought of creating my own. It's just that at the moment, I'm interested to see what some of the pre-mades around might have to offer and to expand my horizons outside of strictly playing sims I've created, as I've done in the past.

@duhboy2u2, Don's definitely a consideration. I've read positive things about him on other threads. I'm sure his attentiveness as a partner and father is individual to each save game and his partner's traits, right? You didn't mention it, but did the sim(s) you've had him with share any of his traits? I'm just wondering if the fact that my sim has the Romantic trait herself would make it so that he'd be less inclined to flirt with others since she'd be more eager to keep him happy if in a relationship.

@ModerateOsprey, I almost always forget about Zoe and Alice! Both seem to have really kind, gentle personalities. I think they'd get on quite well with my sim. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them, too. :)

@RedDestiny92, how were Johnny and Akira as partners to your sims?

@Simsister2004, wow, Zoe aged beautifully in your game!

I hope to see more suggestions! It's been super helpful. I think it's really interesting that so many of you have had more memorable partnerships with the female townies. Thanks again for the comments so far! Keep 'em coming. :smiley:
    klestrella wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Oh, he's got great traits! I've seen him around and he's got such a sweet face. I'll add him to my list of consideration. I have thought of looking on the gallery, and I've thought of creating my own. It's just that at the moment, I'm interested to see what some of the pre-mades around might have to offer and to expand my horizons outside of strictly playing sims I've created, as I've done in the past.

@duhboy2u2, Don's definitely a consideration. I've read positive things about him on other threads. I'm sure his attentiveness as a partner and father is individual to each save game and his partner's traits, right? You didn't mention it, but did the sim(s) you've had him with share any of his traits? I'm just wondering if the fact that my sim has the Romantic trait herself would make it so that he'd be less inclined to flirt with others as she'd be more eager to keep him happy if in a relationship.

@ModerateOsprey, I almost always forget about Zoe and Alice! Both seem to have really kind, gentle personalities. I think they'd get on quite well with my sim. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them, too. :)

@RedDestiny92, how were Johnny and Akira as partners to your sims?

I hope to see more suggestions! It's been super helpful. I think it's really interesting that so many of you have had more memorable partnerships with the female townies. Thanks again for the comments so far! Keep 'em coming. :smiley:

The problem I have with Travis is that he is just a bit dull. Nice chap and all, but so very predictable. I tend to marry him off to someone safe.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    Zoe Patel, Liberty Lee and Salim Benali have made the best partners for my sims. Salim has always been very loving towards the most recent sim I set him up with, even when they were courting
  • mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    edited October 2017
    Oh I just looove to play with Johnny Zest, especially after giving him a makeover.

49cBzzF.png
    6LcQoIq.png

And this is his son Braydon.
    WCmOde9.png
    J46FXlV.png
    Post edited by mmertor on
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Zoe Patel, Liberty Lee and Salim Benali have made the best partners for my sims. Salim has always been very loving towards the most recent sim I set him up with, even when they were courting

Ah yes, I have to confess to having a soft spot for Liberty Lee. I really like her name for a start. I do have to fess up to cheating to alter her walkstyle tho'.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm really starting to like Marcus Flex actually! Sure, he may have some commitment issues, but he's been great help to my vampire sim, so she's currently pregnant with him and the two are in an 'unofficial' relationship... (and thankfully, sims never judge other sims' relationship choices, wish it was the same in RL) :)
    edited February 2017
    The problem I have with Travis is that he is just a bit dull. Nice chap and all, but so very predictable. I tend to marry him off to someone safe.
    That was actually my problem with Salim in the one save where he was married to my sim. He's got great features and his genetics seem to mesh flawlessly with hers, but I haven't seen him exhibit much of a personality yet. It may just be that the lazy trait is not one of my faves, though. I was considering him in this new save mostly due to his genetics and the fact that he was a pretty good spouse and father in a prior save, but as I mentioned in my OP, he's just not doing it for me right now. Maybe I need to try getting her with a sim with a more negative trait to keep it from getting lackluster?
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    It's interesting you mention Salim... I guess it's all individual to each save file because he's not been the best in mine so far. Maybe having the first kiss will push him in the right direction? I'm just a bit peeved that a kiss might be what's needed to get him out of his funk. :confused:

@mmertor, Johnny's genetics are strong! His son looks just like him.

@Omri147, Marcus Flex is one sim who does pursue my sim on occasion, so maybe I should give him some thought. It's just a bit difficult for me to take him seriously after he beat up a child in one of my saves. :lol:
    Post edited by klestrella on
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    @klestrella
    Wow, that sounds... Unpleasant, to say the least... :neutral:
    I'll keep that in mind after Marcus' child is born...