Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member

@sweetnightingale Yay! Hopefully it'll pay off for her. I can't imagine the amount of time she puts into maintaining it!! It's beyond impressive!

@CathyTea Looks to me like you got all the new ones added. But if it's not too much trouble, would you mind 'bolding' Cassia's name in the list of participants. She's afraid her name will be skipped right over by people looking for a pen pal. :)

@Charliimai Yay! The mailman came and Cassia has responded already! She's just as happy to be writing to him as he appears to be. It's rather long. Sorry about that!! If you prefer shorter ones in the future, please oh please let me know and I'll try to reel her in. :)

Second Letter to Dusk

Dear Dusk,

Thanks for writing back so quickly! I was so excited when I got your letter and I had to show it to my husband, Christopher, and Jack.

Cassia takes up her pen again... Second Letter to Dusk
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @sweetnightingale Hi! I've got Emily's reply to Lenora here.

Also hi to all the new people here! It's awesome to get more people in this project. These letters are so much fun to read!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @RipuAncestor *waves* I agree! It's so much fun to do and read! In fact it may end up getting me in a bit of trouble by encouraging me to try out a new idea I've been toying with. Over in the Drifter threads (progressive challenge spanning 24 Houses or generations if you choose to do it legacy style) a lot of us had twins for our first batch of heirs. So someone mentioned they were wondering how different their family would have been if their younger twin was actually the heir. Which led to talk of how it would be interesting to see down the line how the two branches would differ, etc. And of course that got the creative wheels spinning. I thought it would be neat to try with my twin but would force myself not to do a story about it. At the most just a few pics with commentary. THEN of course it snowballed and I was thinking... WHAT IF I tried the alt reality and strictly used the pen pal project to post updates. UGH I can feel it now. I'm in sooo much trouble. lol so thanks @CathyTea! *wink*

What do y'all think? Think it'd work?
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @AllieMac I think it sounds great! Your creative ideas always end up becoming so much fun and so inspired... and you know, I'm always encouraging of more! Wilder! Let's go! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hiya everyone! :)

I'm posting something a little different tonight that I thought you all might get a kick out of seeing. I just released a new chapter of my story "Another World," which features Mathilda's daughter, Alina (my founder) and her husband, Robin. They've been going through a hard time lately and have made some life altering decisions. While having a visit with Mathilda and Liam, they got to talking about the Pen Pal project and their new pen pals. :) I'll post the chapter info even though you'd have to read the story to get certain things. I just thought you all might get a kick out of seeing the project being incorporated into a main story. :)

Alina%2Bon%2BPhone.jpg
    Chapter 14, Surprise Visit
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    AllieMac wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor *waves* I agree! It's so much fun to do and read! In fact it may end up getting me in a bit of trouble by encouraging me to try out a new idea I've been toying with. Over in the Drifter threads (progressive challenge spanning 24 Houses or generations if you choose to do it legacy style) a lot of us had twins for our first batch of heirs. So someone mentioned they were wondering how different their family would have been if their younger twin was actually the heir. Which led to talk of how it would be interesting to see down the line how the two branches would differ, etc. And of course that got the creative wheels spinning. I thought it would be neat to try with my twin but would force myself not to do a story about it. At the most just a few pics with commentary. THEN of course it snowballed and I was thinking... WHAT IF I tried the alt reality and strictly used the pen pal project to post updates. UGH I can feel it now. I'm in sooo much trouble. lol so thanks @CathyTea! *wink*

What do y'all think? Think it'd work?

I think that you should always go the way the story wants you to go. :) So if you feel a strong desire to do it, do it! :)
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
    @AllieMac - That's an interesting idea. Having twins (or more) opens up possibilities of other stories or side stories to the main one. I say if you feel the tug of desire, go for it. :)

I'm in a similar situation, I think. With my story "Forever in Time," Lenora and Tyrone had quads. Yep, quads. Talk about a crazy household. They live in a duplex style house with Lenora's son Landon and his wife Crystal and THEY had quads at around the SAME TIME as Lenora and Tyrone. With me using MC, I could have more than 8 Sims in a house. Let me tell ya, that place was NUTS. LOL! All the kids are grown and married (well, Aurora, my second gen heir) is engaged at this point in the story. They are supporting characters with Aurora being the heir, but with so many secondary characters, it leaves a lot of room for me to do side stories or a spin-off. Sometimes I get in the mood to do something and then end up rejecting the idea. One of these days, I'll pull something together. Decisions, decisions. LOL!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2017
    @AllieMac - That's an interesting idea. Having twins (or more) opens up possibilities of other stories or side stories to the main one. I say if you feel the tug of desire, go for it. :)

I'm in a similar situation, I think. With my story "Forever in Time," Lenora and Tyrone had quads. Yep, quads. Talk about a crazy household. They live in a duplex style house with Lenora's son Landon and his wife Crystal and THEY had quads at around the SAME TIME as Lenora and Tyrone. With me using MC, I could have more than 8 Sims in a house. Let me tell ya, that place was NUTS. LOL! All the kids are grown and married (well, Aurora, my second gen heir) is engaged at this point in the story. They are supporting characters with Aurora being the heir, but with so many secondary characters, it leaves a lot of room for me to do side stories or a spin-off. Sometimes I get in the mood to do something and then end up rejecting the idea. One of these days, I'll pull something together. Decisions, decisions. LOL!

the benders have 5 kids so far triplets and twins. but ayden the orginal had11. 6 with elsa and 3 with chtine when his and christine kids aged up they had 2 biological one adopted.

the benders have 5 kids so far triplets and twins. but ayden the orginal had11. 6 with elsa and 3 with chtine when his and christine kids aged up they had 2 biological one adopted.

Sounds like quite the family! Those big families keep,things lively. I hope from here on out, my heirs will have only one baby at a time. LOL.
    edited January 2017

Sounds like quite the family! Those big families keep,things lively. I hope from here on out, my heirs will have only one baby at a time. LOL.

i usually have between 3 and 4 but ayden and wife one never talked except whrn wanted "entertainment" then when ayden met christine hertook her in a bush came back out and it sounds nuts but i'm pretty sure he looked at me and said i want to be with her pleaseeeeeeee.
    @CathyTea, Seth's reply to Jasper is done! :)

tumblr_okl15tYcpn1riev15o1_1280.png
    You ask me to tell you a story of grace. I don’t know if I can do that.

I can tell you the story of a day when the sun isn’t so hungry.

Struct/Con
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @AllieMac I think it sounds great! Your creative ideas always end up becoming so much fun and so inspired... and you know, I'm always encouraging of more! Wilder! Let's go! :)

Yeah, that you do! I'm beginning to wonder if you're a good influence on me or not. hehe Just kidding of course. :)

@sweetnightingale Loved your post tying into the pen pal project! Even without being familiar with the characters I was able to jump right into the scene and piece together what's happened prior. I'm adding it to my (very long) list of stories to read. Hopefully I'll find some free time so to be able to do just that! I have Cassia's letters tied into my main story as well. I can't even imagine the chaos you had with all those little ones in the house at once!!! Did you need therapy or an intervention when it was all said and done?!?

@CathyTea @medleymisty @sweetnightingale Thanks for the encouragement. I'm tempted to do it, but will probably end up chewing on the idea a few days working out how I'll go about it (blog set up, possibly personality, and intro write-up, etc., and most importantly how much will it delay my main story & do I even have the time to add more to my plate.) In other words I'll overthink it into the ground, wear myself out in that process, then decide 'oh why not? and go for it. lol

I usually have between 3 and 4 but ayden and wife one never talked except whrn wanted "entertainment" then when ayden met christine hertook her in a bush came back out and it sounds nuts but i'm pretty sure he looked at me and said i want to be with her pleaseeeeeeee.

Now that right there just cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh @friendsfan367

Ok time to put the Sims stuff aside and start my daughter's homeschooling day.

Have a great one y'all!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Okay, been lurking around here and I looooove letters. So! I have a spare from my Build Newcrest/Legacy that I am attached to (this always happens with the youngest child) named Yuko and she will be moving to San Myshuno as soon as she's done with high school which is pretty soon.

I think she would benefit from writing to a teen or young adult, any gender. She's currently unattached and she'll be living the legacy spare life. Her traits right now are geek and materialistic and I rolled her YA trait as non-committal, ha! (I did forget that I rolled that so we'll see what that means for her as she ages...)

As far as occult sims go, she's open to whatever. She's technically part elf (her ears are pointy, looool) so I don't see why she wouldn't accept others.

If she ends up writing to a Sims 4 sim I would TOTALLY be up for a crossover in my own story because that would be hella fun. Even if they aren't I would love to recreate (or you'd do it) them in Sims 4 and have them visit in the future (if you're up for it!)

Here's her profile and here's what she looks like:
    11_19_16_4_51_52_PM.png

(Have I done this correctly? :P )
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Meggles - All of my Sims still have slots available (they are all immortal Supernaturals set at YA stage), so if you think any would be a good match for your lovely lady, the door is certainly open. :) Mine are all from Sims 3 (this is what I use for my stories), and all are open to meeting in person. I'll have to double check to see if I have them on the Exchange and will gladly put them up if they're not already there.
    @Meggles Yay a new person! One of us! One of us! ;)

I hope you find cool pen pals and have lots of fun.
    @AllieMac - It would be awesome if you decided to read "Another World" and I hope you enjoy it when and if you do, It won't take long to get though; the chapters are fairly short and I'm still on Gen 1. It'll be up for discussion in the Boo Club in February, so I'm trying to get a few more chapters out before then. I figured someone might get the gist of what's happening from the chapter I posted, but of course, there are a lot more details. Sometimes, I have crossovers from "Forever in Time" where Lenora and Tyrone appear, as well as Silvan and Aurora. Sadly, it doesn't have many (if any) readers right now but I do have a lot of fun writing it and have some major plans for the characters. :)
    edited January 2017
    Ayden Bender Here I'm 5. one of 3 triplets .my mommy is black and my daddy is white. i asked once why they were differnt colors. they said love has no color because real love doesn't see color.

1/30/2017
    0 Comments
    i have a webly account now still figuring it out lol.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2017
    @sweetnightingale I was supposed to go to sleep, but instead I had to finish Emily's response to Liam.

Now I'll go to bed. Have a lovely time, everyone!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    edited January 2017
    webly decid my username was marcus reid. after fighting for a hour to fix it i decieded to keep it, it worked for j.k. rowling.

fixed it
    cathtea and sweet thank you. i have no idea where i'm actually going to write the letters i want to to keep wp just for the benders because i confuse easy.so i want them seperate. yes i know wp can do thatbut my media is still being goofy there so i want another free blog site just for this.

Having multiple sites works great! Would you like us to hold off until you're ready?

i'm ready.
    Welcome @Meggles!! Nice to 'meet' you and so good to have you here! Since Cassia's closer to Elder than anything at this point. I don't think she'd be quite what your looking for. But maybe when my next heir is ready to take over, I'll have a Sim more suitable for you. Unfortunately I can't even guess at this point when that will be.

@sweetnightingale I'm definitely intrigued by your characters! After I get caught up on my reading circle and the other Drifter blogs, I will definitely be checking it out!!

Lol I just have to say @friendsfan367 Once again. You crack me up! :)
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    cathtea and sweet thank you. i have no idea where i'm actually going to write the letters i want to to keep wp just for the benders because i confuse easy.so i want them seperate. yes i know wp can do thatbut my media is still being goofy there so i want another free blog site just for this.

Having multiple sites works great! Would you like us to hold off until you're ready?

i'm ready.

Please share the link, @friendsfan367 ! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

i'm ready.

Please share the link, @friendsfan367 ! :)

i haven't figured out how yet. only had webly since 3 o clock
    Meggles wrote: »
    Okay, been lurking around here and I looooove letters. So! I have a spare from my Build Newcrest/Legacy that I am attached to (this always happens with the youngest child) named Yuko and she will be moving to San Myshuno as soon as she's done with high school which is pretty soon.

I think she would benefit from writing to a teen or young adult, any gender. She's currently unattached and she'll be living the legacy spare life. Her traits right now are geek and materialistic and I rolled her YA trait as non-committal, ha! (I did forget that I rolled that so we'll see what that means for her as she ages...)

As far as occult sims go, she's open to whatever. She's technically part elf (her ears are pointy, looool) so I don't see why she wouldn't accept others.

If she ends up writing to a Sims 4 sim I would TOTALLY be up for a crossover in my own story because that would be hella fun. Even if they aren't I would love to recreate (or you'd do it) them in Sims 4 and have them visit in the future (if you're up for it!)

Here's her profile

(Have I done this correctly? :P )

Welcome @Meggles ! So excited you're joining us! I've got a bit of writing to do, but I'll add your profile to the first page before bed! :)