Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Very nice.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Very nice.

Yes Dru builds some awesome lots. This is going in my game.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Does anybody know about the Vampire Lore, cause I can't find anything of it in game
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    dsef wrote: »
    Does anybody know about the Vampire Lore, cause I can't find anything of it in game

You have to research vampire info on the computer first. Then that gives you the option to buy the first tome. You have to use that to gain levels to buy the other books
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    dsef wrote: »

You have to research vampire info on the computer first. Then that gives you the option to buy the first tome. You have to use that to gain levels to buy the other books

Thank you
  • SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    edited January 2017
    You guys having fun? I'm personally having a blast. I decided to turn my sim self into a Vamp instead of his daughter, and also turned Yuki Behr into a vampire because she seems a good enough sort to have around for eternity. I've mastered the Vampire Lore skill and am currently a Prime Vampire. I also got it on with Yuki's mortal sister in a coffin.
    DyGWUl6.png
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I have Vampire Family for my aspiration. I can't seem to figure out how to pick a weakness. I had 5 power points, used 3 on Occult Disciple.
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    I have Vampire Family for my aspiration. I can't seem to figure out how to pick a weakness. I had 5 power points, used 3 on Occult Disciple.
    You don't have to pick a weakness until it says so
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited January 2017
    Saccadon wrote: »
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    You don't have to pick a weakness until it says so

This is what it is showing me.
    32513821835_a2fb671e89.jpg
    Here is my Vampire Powers grid:
    31670284344_3b244c7d6a_z.jpg

EDIT: I got! I needed to attain some more power points.
    Post edited by Fizzstix on
  • MstymayMstymay Posts: 111 Member
    I can't seem to make a new discussion, weird having been here for 7 years, so I'm just going to post this here.

My Vampires are at the romance festival and I can't send them home. When I hover over travel or the magnifying glass to get home it says "you can't do this while a vampire is breaking in" How can I fix this before my Vampires burn to death?
  • Babsie94Babsie94 Posts: 18 Member
    Mstymay wrote: »
    I can't seem to make a new discussion, weird having been here for 7 years, so I'm just going to post this here.

My Vampires are at the romance festival and I can't send them home. When I hover over travel or the magnifying glass to get home it says "you can't do this while a vampire is breaking in" How can I fix this before my Vampires burn to death?

I would do testingcheats on an teleport, just to keep your sim safe. Or you could always see if resetsim works
    edited January 2017

You need 50 posts (done), and 60 points or something like that to become a member
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

I had the same problem with the Spice festival. Just make your sim-vamp go hang out in the open venue lot... which is the karaoke bar, until the festival ends then you can send him/her home as normal.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I had the same problem with the Spice festival. Just make your sim-vamp go hang out in the open venue lot... which is the karaoke bar, until the festival ends then you can send him/her home as normal.

This seems like a bug. QA is investigating this.
  • MstymayMstymay Posts: 111 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

It took a few hours after the festival for them to be able to go home, I was scared because I had a gathering of Vampires and they were all getting thirsty so I made them all sing karaoke. I think about 3 or 4 hours after the festival ended it finally let them all go home.

@SimsGuruNinja: Thanks! I've been afraid to send them to festivals since.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I thought Active households couldn't be turned into Vampires? Was playing one of my Active Sims and noticed that one of my other households had been turned into a vampire without my will?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja I thought Active households couldn't be turned into Vampires? Was playing one of my Active Sims and noticed that one of my other households had been turned into a vampire without my will?

Are they actually Vampires or just hanging around at night being wannabes? (Scroll up for info about that.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm not regularly updating this thread now that the pack is out, but this is especially valuable here as part of the bits about why certain decisions were made:
    It's not that it isn't possible. It's more that it wasn't at all a simple or trivial addition. We looked into this feature at depth. I know folks wanted this option. I did too. In the end, it was going to be quite lengthy to implement and very likely to inteoduce many (deep) bugs. The magnitude of additional testing required would have really stretched our QA folks thin. We knew some players would be upset by not including this option.

So we tried to design a set of rules to allow for players not necessarily interested in the vampire gameplay to still find this pack approachable and satisfying (while not watering down or otherwise compromising really cool Vampire gameplay for those that do want it).

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    @luthienrising Thank you for your work in putting this thread together and maintaining it.

• walkergirl4797walkergirl4797 Posts: 8 New Member
    @SimGuruDrake After my sim became a grand master vampire every so often she holds her stomach and lets out a sort of growl and then quickly covers her mouth looking shocked! I didn't pick the uncontrollable hissing weakness and it's not because she's thristy so it must be something else. Got any ideas on this?
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @SimGuruDrake After my sim became a grand master vampire every so often she holds her stomach and lets out a sort of growl and then quickly covers her mouth looking shocked! I didn't pick the uncontrollable hissing weakness and it's not because she's thristy so it must be something else. Got any ideas on this?

I think it is caused by the weakness that makes your vamp extremely sad. 'Eternal Sadness'. idk but although it seems a really weird animation it only started happening to my sim after I picked that weakness.

@SimGuruNinja ?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I had to buy My vampire Pack through Origin, cause the page within the game where I always buy My packs from was broken, EA Rep could not fix it and told Me to go to Origin instead, but at least I got it, :)
  • dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    Here is a question. If you create a vampire in CAS, can you set their age? I know that's such a small trivial thing, but like I am wondering because say you wanted to create an ancient vampire who was like 500 years old or whatever, can you set their age to be that? Or does it just create the vampire at whatever age group you make them and then they age from there?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »
    Here is a question. If you create a vampire in CAS, can you set their age? I know that's such a small trivial thing, but like I am wondering because say you wanted to create an ancient vampire who was like 500 years old or whatever, can you set their age to be that? Or does it just create the vampire at whatever age group you make them and then they age from there?
    Vampires stop aging once they reach Young Adult. But I just checked and you can make a Vampire in CAS and change its life stage to Elder.

Thing is, they are immortal when it comes to aging, so the 500 years old part is pretty much going to be in your head.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    dmel15 wrote: »
    Vampires stop aging once they reach Young Adult. But I just checked and you can make a Vampire in CAS and change its life stage to Elder.

Thing is, they are immortal when it comes to aging, so the 500 years old part is pretty much going to be in your head.

So you can't set their age number? Like vampires don't age up anymore but their age thing counts the days they have lived. I was wondering if you could change that number in CAS to make it seem like the vampire has lived a long time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top