Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2017
    I hope everyone is doing well. Ok I admit I absolutely love this vampire pack. Anyways for Mel that I met during a Twitch stream, she would like to see gothic furniture and a gothic toddler bed for little ones @SimGuruDrake. I would like to see toddlers that bite toys if possible even though they kind of do that already. I hope to see expansion with toddlers as more life states come into the picture with abilities.

I turned the Goth household into vampires too, so here are Bella's triplets Mortabella, Borty, and Beller who are vampire toddlers produced via bat woohoo.

01-27-17_11-04-06nbspPM_zpsqvqfwjem.png

01-27-17_11-05-03nbspPM_zpsrkum0nrn.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    Wow toddlers I am just so excited
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited January 2017
    @JessicaSimston, @Scobre and @elanorbreton Nice pictures :smile:

@VeronicaHerndon Welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
    @elanorbreton, what an awesome idea! As someone who mainly plays one family this would give me the chance to really get to know and form friendships with all the Sims in my neighborhoods. Claire is a real cutie.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Well, my live-in nanny is having a tough time! No matter what interactions she did with the Bjergsen girl that girl just did not like her! Their relationship was getting further down in the red. It was stressing poor Claire out (or maybe it was stressing me out lol) so she (I) decided she couldn't stay and look after a girl who hated her so much.

She moved on to a poor, but desperate household who cannot afford to pay her other than with room and board. Taking care of three babies.
    107.png?dl=0

I never thought I'd ever say this, but OMG those babies are grating on my nerves! Cry, cry, cry, cry, cry! Probably because there are three of them. She goes down the production line feeding, changing, cuddling, then she's just about got time for the loo and a quick bite to eat when the first one starts yelling again. I have a feeling the sim god will be sending Claire to a different family soon :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @elanorbreton The babies do look unhappy at the moment. Maybe things will be better once they age up and get out of those claustrophobic cribs.

I do feel bad for babies being tie to a crib all the time :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @elanorbreton haha! I'm cracking up :naughty: those baby cry's, gosh I hate them. Hate them. They just *grate* on you don't they? /shudders

You should've stayed at the other household and see how it played out. I haven't played that family yet (how do you say their surname, is it Berg-Sen? Lol) but I always see the parents around FH kissing and stuff (it's actually rather sweet lol) I'm debating on whether to have Vlad turn them, he needs more council members, but I wasn't sure. Now I know they have a bratty daughter I think Vlad and I will stay away haha.

--T
  • MaMaTwinklebirdMaMaTwinklebird Posts: 169 Member
    Has anyone got the get together pack? Its hard to pick lol.. I have so much to catch up on..
    x4f9t5.jpg
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    Has anyone got the get together pack? Its hard to pick lol.. I have so much to catch up on..

Yes /I have I would recomend it
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I like it for the town, the content (the old fashioned decor is nice), and the club feature is pretty cool. There are little things that frustrate me about it, but overall it's a decent EP.
    Thank you , I am going to get it and spa pack . Might talk My hubby into a small pack later this week <3
    x4f9t5.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I got the spa and Get Together. Spa has some really nice features, and I love the town in Get Together, although I haven't really explored clubs yet (although my teen was invited by some old guy to join the drinking and nightclub club :o ) I also bought Get to Work because I found it on a good sale, but I haven't installed it yet. I'm still working out the best way to approach the game as a whole - toddlers are wonderfully done, but the underlying game still has its issues.

Are there still problems cropping up with playing multiple households? I seem to recall unwanted loves and/or spouses, and culling of sims being complained about. I haven't quite dared switch to a different house yet.
    I got Get Together , Spa, and Movie pack :smiley: .There was a bundle pack :wink: on Origin. Now to go check it all out !! :open_mouth:
    x4f9t5.jpg
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @Thrippa

I haven't seen the unwanted loves problem appear lately and there was a patch note saying they fixed it.

I know that they have made changes to culling but it is still an issue. I have MC command centre so culling is turned off for me. Here is the current state of culling in an un-modded game. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-decay-current-status

good purchases on spa day and GT. I also like CL, dine out and movie pack and perfect patio (hot tub) are my picks of the stuff pack.

If you are nervous about rotating away, do a save as, so you can return to your earlier save if you become unhappy with how rotational works out. Also remember to select (in options) if you want any playable family to age or not while you are away from them.

Happy simming.
    lol @elanorbreton poor Claire is having a tough time. great story and pics though!
    @Scobre great pics of the Goths :smile:
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    @cherpar Thanks for the advice. I'd forgotten about the aging options - I'd rather go Sims 2 style and have my sims not age while I'm away, but I'll have to think about the townies. City Living is definitely on my list, and the patio was packed in with the spa set. Those two play very nicely together. :)
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi Sparky! Hope you are doing well.
    Well I did it. I reinstalled Sims4 and tried out the toddlers. Wow! They are so well done! I like the way they learn and earn thru daily activities on their own or with another sim. They are so cute with theIr little voices. And I like the freedoms they have, like climbing on furniture and helping themselves to food. I found myself trying out all the traits. Some are just so funny. I love the animations when they are playing and the little items floating around indicating their imaginations along with the noises they make to go with them.I love the tantrums and the streaking and well just about everything! These toddlers have "PERSONALITY"! But then they aged to child and it was all over. Once again I was BORED and LIMITED! Its sad really. With the outstanding job done with toddlers, it just makes me wish the game as a whole had received the same intense attention to details.
    So Sims4 is still not for me and I feel no compulsion to buy EPS or SPs to try and "flesh" it out. But it has given me hope that those in charge will see their way thru and produce the best Sim game ever with a TS5.

KIM :/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    I might be uploading a video later that I recorded of my Sims 4 family if anyone is interested in watching :) Thanks!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    My live-in nanny now has a job with a strange family in Forgotten Hollow! It's funny, cos she's had trouble getting along with the previous families I put her with, but as soon as she met this couple they were charming and friendly and the toddler seems to already love her.

Here she is with Acantha and Jared:
    129.png?dl=0

This is little Jezebel, who is adorable and pretty well-behaved:
    131.png?dl=0

Claire is loving working for this family. I wonder if she will feel the same once her neck gets bitten :D
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @elanorbreton I love your idea of playing a nanny and your screenshots are great!

I don't have and will not be purchasing the vamp pack, but here I was wondering how I was ever going to be able to play a household without a toddler in it now, and this would be a solution to that! :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Man I have been playing the game non stop. First the toddlers pulled me back into the sims 4. Then when the vampire pack came out. Ive been hooked. Im playing rotational with my main save right now. I was playing rotational before but now its really a lot because new sims are moving in. Kids are growing up and moving out on their own. Each family has a story and things happen sometimes in my control sometimes in my sims control. Its really interesting to watch my sims live and make choices but at the same time I give them directions as well with certain things. Ive been following a story about a sim named Amy Raine. I created her as a child before the toddler update happened. She lived in a fixer upper apartment that needed TLC. But she loved to sing at an early age and she devoloped talent as she grew. She ended up having a sister named Carley and baby brother named Adriel. Now shes an adult who lives in her childhood home and she fixed it up a lot but there are still problems like mice and bugs and things going wrong. But it looks a lot nicer. Now shes in love with this guy who is a total player. And she found out he was cheating on her with one of her friends. But she tried to move on but she was still in love so she hasnt had the streanth to let him go knowing hes doing all this. Also they have a son Levi. And thats how it was. Now theres some new faces. A neighbor who wanted a big family. And big she got when she had her last pregnancy. My first ever tripplets. Man they are a handful but I love it. Amy's cousin and his wife Cassandra Goth next door and their kids. Then things changed. New sims moved into forgotten hollow. My simself and a friend who I made my sister and my pretend daughter cuz I wanted to have a vampire toddler. We are vampires who roam the night. And its just been so much fun playing with the vampires and drinking sims plasma without their permission, something I always hated in the sims 3 having to ask. And of course turning sims into vampires cuz someone doesnt want to be lonely. And one who got turned is the final Goth child Bella and Mortimers youngest daughter Rocio. She has been trying to hide her vamperisim but one day she got really thirsty and lost control and drank from one of her roomates. And her friend saw her and didnt want to be her friend anymore. So Rocio made a rash decision and turned her friend. Oh man the drama is real and theres other houses too living their lives having drama as well. Im just in love with this game now.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    I might be uploading a video later that I recorded of my Sims 4 family if anyone is interested in watching :) Thanks!

Here is my video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhU2ZRqguI
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Yeah, another sale. I'll get City Living, so my broke pregnant soon-to-be vampire can raise her (hopefully) cute vampire toddler in a haunted apartment instead of an empty lot with just a bush to sleep on.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top