Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Resident Evil fans?

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Kept getting the Infected Ending then finally got the True Ending...I escaped the house! :)

But that was far from discovering all the details like I still didn't find a use for the dummy finger. Though the furthest I got so far was hearing a little girl giggle, looking at the notebook to find something written in it which obviously is a puzzle.

"Grace will not wake when the clock makes its chime
    Her covers are heavy and it's her last bedtime."

There are two dolls in the basement but have no interactions but definitely seems relevant. Whether to the story or to solving the puzzle I'm unsure. But if I remember correctly, the developers said there were 4 or 5 endings to Beginning Hour? And I only discovered 3. Bad Ending, Infected Ending, and True Ending. Perhaps there is a Special Ending?
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, I probably wouldn't have figured that puzzle out all on my own. So yes, there is a use for the dummy finger. I looked it up and got my dirty coin which I think is used for the real game to buy upgrades or whatever else.
    Resident_Evil_7_Teaser_Beginning_Hour_201612072.jpg

I'm not sure yet but I'm thinking about getting the collector's edition. But I don't know, the last time I stalled with VR, it was sold out. :o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JqoS3APol0

(Unrelated Sidenote: What happened to the other updated smilies, they were cuter? :( )
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Surprisingly, my first complete (no puzzle) VR run was a success. I didn't expect to obtain the attic window key, dodge the Molder but I did it flawlessly with no weapon. In VR you just know the distance and space around you a lot better to determine your action and path realistically. So first attempt, I got the true ending. I will say, there are some things in VR that look a lot worse than on tv and I mean in a gross way. The inside of the refrigerator is really disgusting, the bathroom is really disgusting, playing as Clancy and Andre falling on him...really unsettling. The Molder...well, I knew to expect it so it wasn't really bad but in VR looks a lot worse up close and personal in a good way.

It felt strange and scary feeling like I was in the house. It definitely incorporates a completely different level of immersion which for a survival horror game, is very nice. At first, it's not evident but there is a very familiar gameplay style reminiscent of RE1/REmake or any of the classic main RE games. I mean the Baker Family is quite similar to RE2 Mr. X or RE3 Nemesis to the point of being a problem in various scenarios throughout the game. But the Bakers are not a type of tyrant that I'm aware of so there's either a completely new virus or a combination of old viruses or something. I mean Jack can clearly teleport and teleport objects as well. And what's up with the ghost girl, is she their daughter? Perhaps the twin sister of Lucas. Well, the reason why I got attached to the RE series as my first game which was RE2 is because the characters, the story, the puzzles, surviving, finding out information/the mystery, the limited items, the limited space to carry items...oh the challenge trying to figure out what I need at the moment, the anxiety of not knowing what is behind a door until you unlock it or if it was already unlocked but new territory which brings me to...EXPLORATION/Slow Pace. Yup, Resident Evil is definitely back to its roots with a modern twist. I approve.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited December 2016
    So EXCITED! Yes, Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield and Rebecca Chambers in the same movie. The CGI looks better than ever compared to Degeneration and Damnation. <3 And finally, I always wondered what became of Rebecca because after she returned back to Raccoon City she filed a report on Billy's death though not the case and nothing ever was mentioned about her after that besides RE2. It makes a lot of sense she would take on a different role than Chris, Jill, and Barry. So she's a professor at Alexander Institute of Biotechnology, that's cool.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/new-resident-evil-vendetta-trailer-reunites-classic-characters/

*Oh yeah, more Leon VS Chris moments...I love how they butt heads. Just don't hurt Ada Wong and everything should be fine. Speaking of, I wonder did they ever figure out the difference between Carla and Ada?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard has released. So far my first impression...better than I imagined. A real sequel to the classic RE games but in a modern way. Right now I'm stuck and just quit. I need to get the last Cerberus head piece to unlock a door and I think it's in the basement. I don't even understand how I am supposed to maneuver in such a crammed space with all these difficult Molders in my way. Besides, I didn't even run into what I need unless it's behind one of the locked doors and I should be doing something else. And the door to grandma's room I unlocked but before I could even fully explore it, here comes Jack. I don't remember Nemesis or Mr. X being that annoying as Jack is though. But of course, Ethan is in his residence so it makes sense to see him often. Though, there is also Marguerite, Lucas and Grandma but have not run into them yet except Grandma but so far she just sleeps.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Okay, I just finished the game. Well, no spoilers but the ending did leave me like...uh, what? Bravo Capcom bravo. RE7: Biohazard is very well done and always kept me at the edge of my seat. The story is one of the best I have played in any RE game. All the characters were really interesting and I got attached to some of them despite being newcomers to the series. The graphics are good, atmosphere is excellent, the music and sound effects the best, everything comes together so flawlessly in this game.

Also having a lot of fun watching Let's Players play this game and seeing their reactions. The majority that I have watched has praised this game and I agree. One of the features about RE7 that I really like are the VHS segments. I can't want until the DLC releases to find additional information to the story.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I'm not a Resident Evil fan, but one of my friends loves the whole series, and she's been fangirling about it to me over the past couple of weeks! Tbh, it sounds really cool; if I had a PS4, I'd probably buy it for myself! :)
  • RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    I'm a huge fan of RE4, played through the game on the PS2 a couple times. Leon is such a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, haha. <3
    And I've been watching tons of playthroughs of the older RE games, which I've been wanting to play myself for quite some time now.
    Hopefully, one day I'll get to do it. :)

RE7 looks very intriguing as well, but my laptop's graphics card isn't supported by the game, bleeeh~
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    Aww, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 got censored...;_;
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Almost finished Resident Evil 7, the gonna try again with VR, far to scary st first lol.
    I'm not a Resident Evil fan, but one of my friends loves the whole series, and she's been fangirling about it to me over the past couple of weeks! Tbh, it sounds really cool; if I had a PS4, I'd probably buy it for myself! :)

Yeah, I'm pretty crazy about RE as it is one of my favorite game series so I can relate to your friend.
    Revan wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of RE4, played through the game on the PS2 a couple times. Leon is such a plum, haha. <3
    And I've been watching tons of playthroughs of the older RE games, which I've been wanting to play myself for quite some time now.
    Hopefully, one day I'll get to do it. :)

RE7 looks very intriguing as well, but my laptop's graphics card isn't supported by the game, bleeeh~

RE4 is one of my favorites. I first got the game on Gamecube but then got it again on PS2 because of Ada's Assignment. Well, it was in a trilogy set on sale and since I didn't have Outbreak File or Code Veronica X that was a plus.
    knazzer wrote: »
    Almost finished Resident Evil 7, the gonna try again with VR, far to scary st first lol.

I thought I could go through the game my first try in VR but only got to the Sewer Gator's crew van and did not go beyond 'Accept Her Gift'. But I did try out the full demo in VR a while ago after the final update. I will try the full game out in VR eventually since I already started my second playthrough attempting to beat the game within 4 hours. I'm already about a hour in and it seems like so much more to go. Compared to other people times during their first playthrough, I have no idea why my time is so long. It took me over 16 hours. I guess I was really taking my time and enjoying the game. :p

I'll probably check out the DLC Banned Footage Vol. 1 later today. That should be interesting.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited July 2018
    Resident Evil Vendetta was a disappointment. They used the suspension of disbelief way too much. The story usually isn't something spectacular but come on it could have been a lot better. I mean the antagonist's motivation didn't make any sense to me. I was happy to finally see the return of Rebecca but again the story just ruined it for me.
    91_BFXIFOwe_L._RI.jpg

On another note, I did finally get around to playing Not a Hero DLC for Resident Evil 7 and that was good. But to be honest, End of Zoe definitely is my favorite DLC so far. Though, both add-ons were quite challenging and intense especially the latter. It was so fun and satisfying to punch my way through most enemies.
    Resident-_Evil-7-_Not-a-_Hero.jpg
    3302372-endofzoe_keyart_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited January 2019
    Finished RE2 1-Shot demo.

It was kind of so hectic that I kept getting lost and turned around which caused me to fail the mission. Plus, it was really dark. But also, it was overwhelming me in a good way how great everything looked and whether to go here or there. Though, at least I didn't die. And for some reason I preferred to not use the map much once I found it. I haven't played RE2 (1998) in a long time but still have plenty of time to start and finish before the remake releases. The canon is Claire A and Leon B I think since Claire enters Raccoon City before Leon does. Good thing, the developers switched stuff up because the whole experience felt familiar but at the same time completely new. They did an excellent job. :mrgreen:

The demo appears to be a section from the actual game and it's so good and am sad I cannot play the full game yet, but it won't be too long. I also saw a glimpse of the Licker and turned around because I had around 6-8 bullets and no shotgun which I did find later but was not able to go back because of the 30-minute time limit. Not that it would matter because I ran out of bullets and only had the shotgun which I had to use because I accidentally cornered myself and there were 3 zombies all in front of me. There was so much to explore and I didn't even find at least one medallion. I wonder is there anything special if you do finish the mission similar to the demo for RE7 to solve the mystery. Guess I'll have to play again to find out.

The graphical improvements in RE2 are definitely more refined than RE7 which makes things even more gross and gory. The gameplay mechanics are easy to understand and compliments the game nicely. Extremely fun to play. The only complaint I have is that I played with 7.1 surround sound headphones and had the correct settings enabled but the quality of the 3D sound didn't seem to have much affect as there were times I was confused in which direction the sound was coming from. I know it's top-notch in RE7 but maybe because it's just the demo and of course not the finalized version. Other than that, I can't think of anything else. I'm still quite impressed that apparently I'm still thinking about it and about to try again. :smiley:

Edit: Finished it. And now I have my strategy in place but I need to work my aim. :D
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-1-Shot-Demo-20190111175507.jpg
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-1-Shot-Demo-20190111145513.jpg
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • 3dwaffle13dwaffle1 Posts: 36 Member
    i don't like movie RE
    edited February 2019
    Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish my 1998 RE2 playthrough because during Leon's B the game froze right at the part where Leon is about to meet back up with Ada. Now that I think about it I vaguely remember that. Oh well, there's still the original RE2 for download on the PSN.
    Now on to RE2 (2019), I'm just getting around to finally finishing the game. Of course, I chose Claire A and Leon B as my first full playthrough of the story. I'll play Leon A and Claire B later as that is not the canon. After I played RE7 when it first released and loved it and RE2 has been created on the same game engine, I knew this game is going to be top notch quality and it did not disappoint at all. The sound quality is superb, the graphics are superb, the voice acting is amazing and I love the throw in of the cheesiness at times, the atmosphere perfectly captures the tone in a modernized but classic survival horror way, the boss fights for me were quite challenging and very tense, Mr. X is perfectly well done, I love the differences from the original RE2 and how other characters got more depth than the original, the facial animations and music are well done, the lickers helps the situation get way more stressful, those plant people are well designed and creepy, the cerberus dogs are still as annoying and scary at times, playing as Ada and Sherry were really well done and there's so much this remake got right. <3:mrgreen:

Capcom listened when they created RE7 based on RE5 and RE6 feedback, they listened when fans were asking about a remake of RE2, and now I'm pretty sure RE3 will become a remake as well...I hope. Also, I really hope for two more games as remakes and that is RE: Outbreak and RE: Outbreak File #2 or if they did maybe they would combine the two into one game as both offline and online. I'm not sure why some want a remake of RE4 or Code Veronica as I personally feel those games are fine. I may be biased but come on, I would love to see more of Raccoon City and its survivors on the RE Engine.

I can't think of anything that I didn't like. I mean sure it is definitely frustrating to not be able to make it in time out of the range of an enemy's attack sometimes but I'm not that skilled of a player anyway. There are already plenty of playthroughs with no damage from start to finish so it's definitely possible. I'm still wondering about the less than 2 hours of completing this game. Of course, that's what speed runs are all about. :p

So here are some screenshots of most of the DLC outfits. I forgot about the Arklay Sheriff (Leon). There are other in-game outfits to unlock too which is neat. Like the classic outfits in the original RE2.
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190126112423.jpg
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190126112517.jpg
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190126112558.jpg
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190126112713.jpg
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190204113051.jpg

And here are my results.
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190127183715.jpg
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190130153907.jpg
    True Ending.
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190130153042.jpg
    And I unlocked The 4th Survivor which I didn't play yet.
    RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190130155202.jpg

One of the best survival horror games of all time in my opinion. :smiley:
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've not played RE2 remake yet but I'm thinking about getting my copy one day when it's going on sale. I have not played the original version either (the game is even older than me lol).

RE7 is my latest game and the very first one that I've actually completed. I wasn't really used to the first person experience because it's terrifying most of the time especially with all the cheap jump scares and other whatnots. But overall it was a chilling and immersive survival experience.

RE4 is technically the first RE game I've ever played and I liked it (Leon too!). Played it on a wii console at my friend's when I was like 12? It scared the living daylight out of me but I thought it was a really exciting game at the time, although it's quite different from the RE7 released a few years ago.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    End of Zoe is also my favourite DLC! :D
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    I've not played RE2 remake yet but I'm thinking about getting my copy one day when it's going on sale. I have not played the original version either (the game is even older than me lol).

RE7 is my latest game and the very first one that I've actually completed. I wasn't really used to the first person experience because it's terrifying most of the time especially with all the cheap jump scares and other whatnots. But overall it was a chilling and immersive survival experience.

RE4 is technically the first RE game I've ever played and I liked it (Leon too!). Played it on a wii console at my friend's when I was like 12? It scared the living daylight out of me but I thought it was a really exciting game at the time, although it's quite different from the RE7 released a few years ago.

One of the things I liked about RE7 was that it didn't rely heavily on jump scares in the sense that some games do with sudden loud music. For example, sometimes something would just happen without any sound indication like when going down in the basement for the first time and that Molded scared me when I turned the corner. Or when going outside and then those 4-legged Molded attacked. :D 1st person perspective is definitely new for a main game in the series but I liked it a lot and it did feel a lot more personal and frightening. I thought it was quite an interesting experience for RE.

RE4, I would think, is the game that refreshed the franchise and I really like that game too. It's super fun. :) But yes, RE7 basically refreshed the franchise again. I wonder about RE8 and who will be the main character(s) and what B.O.W's there would be?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Another RE fan here. I grew up playing RE1 - 4 with my dad (along with lots of other horrors), so it has real nostalgia for me. RE7 was one crazy ride too. I'm currently watching the remake on YP and I absolutely love it and seeing Leon again with his floppy boy band hair :D . I plan on introducing it to my nephew soon so he gets to experience some of what I did.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I'd rather watch people play RE games instead of playing them myself. Just finished watching a LP of RE Code Veronica X.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    RE7 feels super bland to me, in my opinion it didnt really have resident evil feels in it, some says the game is a soft reboot of the franchise, you dont have to make the main character to be less superhero with first-person camera to make the game scary, re2 remake is a proof of it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Allentate11Allentate11 Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes, I am a great fan of Resident Evil.
    izecson wrote: »
    RE7 feels super bland to me, in my opinion it didnt really have resident evil feels in it, some says the game is a soft reboot of the franchise, you dont have to make the main character to be less superhero with first-person camera to make the game scary, re2 remake is a proof of it.

RE7 differs because Ethan isn't an experienced fighter against B.O.W's like Chris, Jill, Barry, Leon, Ada and Claire at that point in time. In no way, did I ever feel that he was less capable of handling himself but the ideology behind it may have been like that of Leon and Claire's first time experiencing a viral outbreak. Which means having gameplay be a bit limited in what the character can do. For example, in the Chris free DLC he can use physical attacks and has all sorts of gadgets to help him on his mission. In RE2 remake there is not any dodge button or command, when they get bit on the lower extremities and do not even stomp or kick zombies like they did in the original. The way I see it, it is meant to showcase their lack of experience or simply to just make the game more difficult and rarely such a thing as a one-hit kill. Maybe both.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    I just got my copy of RE2 today!! Cannot wait to play it! :smiley:
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    I just got my copy of RE2 today!! Cannot wait to play it! :smiley:

Mostly all positive feedback from RE fans. Hope you enjoy it and good luck! :mrgreen:
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”