January 14th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

  • cocococo Posts: 2,704 Member
    One thing that really gets me about both games is that people complain a lot about TS3 sims all looking the same. It's the opposite for me. Especially with kids from TS4, they all look the same. They have the same eyes and smile and it's really obvious when they do the camera selfie. I notice the selfie thing with adults too, it makes them all look the same. I would love some pictures if someone thinks otherwise.

    The push and pull system is limiting and I don't know if it's me but I can't make unique sims out of it. Every TS4 sim is like a model. There's no individuality. With sliders there is way more customisation and you are actually able to see how each sim is different.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you @Pary :) She is my absolute favorite and is fun to play. She has the "loves animals" trait (I think that's what it's called) and it actually shows in her "personality".

    @coco I was just thinking the same about the "selfie" pics in S4. I was wondering if the sims are in the same family because they look similar. In my opinion, the faces in 4 can look just as bland as the faces in 3 can. I guess that's the pot calling the kettle black, or whatever. :/
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother responding Igazor. That poster made an entire flame bait thread about TS3 being terrible and TS4 being brilliant that was locked. The hypocrisy is quite obvious. If I were you I would make use of the forum functions so you don't have to read the "opinions".

    By the look of above posts, it seems it has only come to this forum to inflame trouble once again.

    Edit - @Odonata68 I do really love that sim :)

    Right. Because this isnt a thread about how ts4 is terrible.Got it!

    That double standard mindset is overly childish petty and delusional. And no i have been a member since 2009 and i mostly post game related stuff. Your suggestion that i am a troll is nonsense. Thats a common cop out though. Dont agree with someone and they are a troll
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    TDU90 wrote: »
    My opinions are just as welcome as anyone elses. I think its funny that you said youre not going to accept being told the game you prefer is inferior because many sims 3 fans come to the sims 4 forum to do just that. Everything will be going fine and they will pop up with a thread whose only purpose is to bash ts4.i guess you think thats fine for you to do though.

    I will share my opinion. I much prefer the sims 4 and my game gets attacked constantly on ts4 board by ts3 fans.
    I am sorry to hear that you feel attacked over there. You should certainly report anyone who does that.

    But one mistake you are making is that you are painting all of us on this side of the forum with the same brush. It has never once even occurred to me to go to the TS4 side of the forum and express my opinions of a game that I neither own nor play. Why in the world would I want to even consider doing that? There are many of us here who feel the same way. The only time I (usually) post over there is when I am paged into a thread and asked for technical assistance with something related to both games.

    I also prefer not have words put into my mouth; you have twisted what I said out of context.

    That post is flame-bait and is being reported. Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day.

    @SimGuruDrake

    This sims 3 forum is too circle jerkish. I didnt name you. However many sims 3 fans come to ts4 forum to tell us how they will never play ts4 or how bad it is. Which is not constructive. In no way is anything i am saying to you, flaming at all. Just telling the truth and giving my opinion. Youre welcome!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,829 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »

    Right. Because this isnt a thread about how ts4 is terrible.Got it!

    That double standard mindset is overly childish petty and delusional. And no i have been a member since 2009 and i mostly post game related stuff. Your suggestion that i am a troll is nonsense. Thats a common cop out though. Dont agree with someone and they are a troll

    *scoff*
    I disagree with plenty of people, and have differing opinions than many others. I don't think they are trolls.

    But, when you post a thread where you claim that people are wearing anti-TS4 avatars just to antagonise people who like it, and wonder why people who like TS3 are posting in a thread where you're comparing them, and implying that they shouldn't be there giving their opinions simply because your flame bait thread is in the TS4 section and not in here, then as far as I'm concerned you have zero credibility.

    And you can sing to the heavens about how you've been here since 2009, like you did in the other thread. No one cares how long you've been here. It's how you behave that matters.

    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited January 2017
    The sims 3 fans are sims fans and I'm pretty sure most of them have spent money on the sims 4 and played it. Opinions are opinions. :) The title of this thread is a question and people are stating their preferences and why.
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    TDU90 wrote: »

    Right. Because this isnt a thread about how ts4 is terrible.Got it!

    That double standard mindset is overly childish petty and delusional. And no i have been a member since 2009 and i mostly post game related stuff. Your suggestion that i am a troll is nonsense. Thats a common cop out though. Dont agree with someone and they are a troll

    *scoff*
    I disagree with plenty of people, and have differing opinions than many others. I don't think they are trolls.

    But, when you post a thread where you claim that people are wearing anti-TS4 avatars just to antagonise people who like it, and wonder why people who like TS3 are posting in a thread where you're comparing them, and implying that they shouldn't be there giving their opinions simply because your flame bait thread is in the TS4 section and not in here, then as far as I'm concerned you have zero credibility.

    And you can sing to the heavens about how you've been here since 2009, like you did in the other thread. No one cares how long you've been here. It's how you behave that matters.

    When did i wonder why you are posting here? Nevermind. People just make thing up along the way as they go i guess. But someone is going to report me for sharing ny opinion of ts3.

    :D most threads i have posted on here has either been a compliment towards the work put into ts4, posting an inquiry or sharing a lot i built every once in a while. So again thats just a bunch of nonsense.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Nonsense is complaining about differing preferences on a thread about different preferences. ;)
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited January 2017
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Nonsense is complaining about differing preferences on a thread about different preferences. ;)

    Not complaining about preferences at all. I shared my opinion and then got attacked for not being a part of the sims 3 fandom circle 🐲🐲🐲🐲.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,279 Member
    Not mentioning any names now. But for those new to the forums or just passing through and who might be reading this later, vulgarity is not really supposed to be a part of the experience here either. There are very young people on these forums. :angry:
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,829 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    I wonder what brings ts3 fans to the ts4 forum.. Or makes them continue to go out of their way to state how ts3 is better because of x, y, z on unrelated posts

    Because your reading comprehension quite clearly fails, here is a quote from your post in your flamebait thread, wondering why TS3 people were going to the TS4 forum. And why they were posting in your thread, which actually was a related post since you were making comparisons of the game.

    There was also the oh so noble remark you made about how you never went into the TS3 forum to "arrogantly" put the game down.
    Seems you're in here doing that now too.

    No one is stopping you from voicing your opinion if you want to. But your implications that you're "going to be more vocal" because "well you sims 3 guys started it" is vapid and childish. And that is indeed how your earlier post came across. If you'd simply left it at your first opinion about the art style, I don't think anyone would have said anything at all. But, you tried to push it one step further and ruffle people.

    I don't really care what most of your threads have been about. You can cry nonsense all you like - The poster doth protest too much, methinks. These trolling posts you've been making here and in your flame thread are simply designed to illicit responses and clearly show an immature attitude of "well if they did it, I'm going to do it too."
    It's boring and pathetic.

    Please do carry on with your opinions dear. I wont be reading them any longer.

    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Not mentioning any names now. But for those new to the forums or just passing through and who might be reading this later, vulgarity is not really supposed to be a part of the experience here either. There are very young people on these forums. :angry:

    I have to agree with this strongly.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2017
    Obviously my point about TS4 being the actively developed game, and the fact that people want to express their feelings about the direction of the currently developing game, went clear over it's head.

    I don't care if people didn't like TS3 or not, and obviously they are free to express that; but the time when that may have been relevant to the current dev team is really long passed. And speaking about critics of TS4 not being constructive is rather hypocritical; post why you like what they've done with TS4 all you want (rather than to attack those you disagree with, as that is definitely not constructive either), and I will continue to post what I don't like about what they have done because I am as much a paying customer as you are.
    Post edited by HappySimmer3 on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

    Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    TDU90 wrote: »
    I play both and I enjoy both, if pushed though I d probably say sims 4 is my favourite. I like rotating round lots of different households and creating stories for them all, so the club system is great and sims 4 does make it easy for me to do this. I can do the same thing in sims 3 with nraas mods and I m lucky to have a computer that plays sims 3 excellently. Sims 4 suits me a little better though, I like the art style and I don't really use cc so the sims in 4 look better to me than vanilla sims in 3 but that's my own personal viewpoint. Sims 3 is a great game though and I love the sheer amount of choice for everything, the content for sims 3 is amazing which is why I switch between the two games.

    I really love sims 4 art style. Very vibrant. Thats one thing i never liked about ts3.The dull colors and uninspired atmosphere.
    That's so beside the facts that it reads like satire :D Unless you had to play on low settings, then I understand.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    TDU90 wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    TDU90 wrote: »
    And people are free what they dont like about sims 3 as well. I think im going to be more vocal now that i see sims 3 fans sharing their opinions. Around here the saying goes do as i say, but i can say and do what i please.. I guess.
    Of course, as long as it's done in a respectful manner. When it's done rudely and in flagrant violation of the rules of this forum, as we have had happen several time in the recent past, sorry but we are likely to push back a bit.

    But one also has to take one's audience into account. This is the TS3 side of the forum. There is no feedback for the sake of feedback necessary here as there are no TS3 developers assembled at EA to fix things that are broken, work in new programming, or take inspiration from players into account in future patches and EPs like there is with TS4. The game is what it is and, except for those of us who embrace mod usage, is never going to change no matter how much is posted about it.

    Mature and rational discussions about our games are always welcome here. But the natives (sorry, I usually don't mean to speak for all of us) are not going to accept being told that the game we prefer is inferior simply because someone feels the need to tell us that or wants to start an argument just for the fun of it. That's not why most of us congregate here.

    It really isn't any different from any forum based boards devoted to a game that is no longer in development.

    My opinions are just as welcome as anyone elses. I think its funny that you said youre not going to accept being told the game you prefer is inferior because many sims 3 fans come to the sims 4 forum to do just that. Everything will be going fine and they will pop up with a thread whose only purpose is to bash ts4.i guess you think thats fine for you to do though.

    I will share my opinion. I much prefer the sims 4 and my game gets attacked constantly on ts4 board by ts3 fans. Im not going to be over the top like those people Re but i do feel i have the right to my preference to.. The OP does ask us to compare games....
    Look dear, you seem to misunderstand something, this isn't a warzone. We are people playing games in a franchise. Some of us still play and appreciate the old game, others the new game, some both (like me at the moment ever since toddlers, really enjoy them a lot). Sims 3 fans don't come to the TS4 forum to enjoy some TS4 bashing, they go there because they're playing a game that's not in production anymore and they'd like to see a new game they can enjoy. Which toddlers for me accomplished, a subject many people have complained about, guaranteeing to EA that we didn't forget and really really really wantd them. I would be surprised, if nobody would have complained and the entire TS4 section would have been like "I loooove this game and I so don't need toddlers", they'd have bothered. I think the fact there are so little EP's so far is because they were busy developing (good!) toddlers. Because they knew they had to, because a lot of people, also people loving Sims 4 basically, had declared they had stopped playing untill they'd be there. That wasn't an idle threat, that was the truth. Hence the fact so many have opened their TS4 games again once they were there. Also I really take offence by this whole "TS3 fans come to us", because a lot of the critics aren't typical TS3 fans, they're TS2 fans. Who also find TS4 lacking. It is a fact TS3 gets bashed all the time, TS2 does not, so you may find the TS3 players to be more defensive.

    You have every right to post your opinions here, sure, but to me it looks as if there must be still something very wrong with TS4 because quite frankly, why do you bother? Why are you putting all this energy in visiting a forum of a game you don't like (filled with people like igazor who never even visit the TS4 forums)? Must mean you don't have anything better to do, like playing Sims 4 and sharing your experiences there. Post all you like, but if your only goal is to be nasty and dismissive and to 'get even', you're nothing but a troll. I won't tell you what I think about trolls but I guess you can fill that in for yourself.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,719 Member
    @JoAnne65 Good morning,I am so glad you responded to that.The vibrant colors in sims 4 is beyond legendary of course where as Sims 3 looks like a Tim Burton film. :D

    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

    DfydFiZ.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,829 Member
    But.... I like Tim Burton films. I also like ugly grungy TS3 worlds too :)
    Post Apocalyptic is actually my favourite.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,719 Member
    Me too @Pary Love them <3 Cannot still believe Sims 4 players are saying stuff about Sims 3 colors being dull etc..jeesh you can prove that wrong they dig for anything to try and make 4 better than it is....n't. :D

    Heres a funny fact if Sims 4 is so good why does a hardcore sim fan who loves the franchise not own 4 or ever going to put a dime into that piece of junk of a game.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

    DfydFiZ.gif
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,719 Member
    @TDU90 Just asking,this is my most recent screenshots am not out looking for greatness among my screenies, but by all means tell me how this is dull or colorless,honest question.Before the idea may pop in your mind that it is modded..nope..edited..nope..CC...nope..good computer..YUPP!!!!!!!!!

    Screenshot-6692_zpssoipejef.jpg

    Screenshot-6727_zpsjxcbmqm1.jpg

    Screenshot-6681_zpslvtugalp.jpg



    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

    DfydFiZ.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother responding Igazor. That poster made an entire flame bait thread about TS3 being terrible and TS4 being brilliant that was locked.
    Regardless of the poster's true motivation, the forums (all parts of them) should be safe and fun places for simmers to congregate and share ideas. "Oh yeah, well you guys started it" is not a valid defense of behavior for anyone no matter how much or how little truth there is to it, and it makes no sense in particular to the members who never even care to participate over there.

    I find most sims 3 players that comment on that side have played the game. I got instance will write what I think of sims 4 and sometimes highlight how it was better in 2 and 3 but I don't just go in and say the game sucks lmao. Difference is sims 4 is still in development and should be constructively criticized
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother responding Igazor. That poster made an entire flame bait thread about TS3 being terrible and TS4 being brilliant that was locked.
    Regardless of the poster's true motivation, the forums (all parts of them) should be safe and fun places for simmers to congregate and share ideas. "Oh yeah, well you guys started it" is not a valid defense of behavior for anyone no matter how much or how little truth there is to it, and it makes no sense in particular to the members who never even care to participate over there.

    I find most sims 3 players that comment on that side have played the game. I got instance will write what I think of sims 4 and sometimes highlight how it was better in 2 and 3 but I don't just go in and say the game plum lmao. Difference is sims 4 is still in development and should be constructively criticized

    That's the problem. Most TS4 bashing threads aren't about constructive critism. They simply tell the basic missing stuff (open world, colour wheel etc.) and that's it.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    coco wrote: »
    One thing that really gets me about both games is that people complain a lot about TS3 sims all looking the same. It's the opposite for me. Especially with kids from TS4, they all look the same. They have the same eyes and smile and it's really obvious when they do the camera selfie. I notice the selfie thing with adults too, it makes them all look the same. I would love some pictures if someone thinks otherwise.

    The push and pull system is limiting and I don't know if it's me but I can't make unique sims out of it. Every TS4 sim is like a model. There's no individuality. With sliders there is way more customisation and you are actually able to see how each sim is different.

    Exactly. I said the same somewhere else to me all my sims look the same and I barely see the difference when pulling. I don't know if it is the skin but they all look the same. Sims 3 I see more of a difference and can create unique sims.

    I don't like the pill system. Feels less fine tuned
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother responding Igazor. That poster made an entire flame bait thread about TS3 being terrible and TS4 being brilliant that was locked.
    Regardless of the poster's true motivation, the forums (all parts of them) should be safe and fun places for simmers to congregate and share ideas. "Oh yeah, well you guys started it" is not a valid defense of behavior for anyone no matter how much or how little truth there is to it, and it makes no sense in particular to the members who never even care to participate over there.

    I find most sims 3 players that comment on that side have played the game. I got instance will write what I think of sims 4 and sometimes highlight how it was better in 2 and 3 but I don't just go in and say the game plum lmao. Difference is sims 4 is still in development and should be constructively criticized

    That's the problem. Most TS4 bashing threads aren't about constructive critism. They simply tell the basic missing stuff (open world, colour wheel etc.) and that's it.
    Not true. There have been a lot of constructive threads (thousands of them), pointing out Sims 4's shortcomings and issues, handing ideas to make things better. They are frequented by Sims 4 fans, Sims 3 fans, Sims 2 fans, the original Sims fans, in short: Sims fans. Simmers. And the majority of those threads are posted in what's called 'Feedback'. Feedback means: "Information or statements of opinion about something, such as a new product, that can tell you if it is successful or liked". EA has been asking for feedback from the very beginning and they created that section to provide us (simmers, all simmers) a place to explain to them what exactly we miss and why we miss it. So that's what we've been doing for more than two years now. Now, the Sims 3 section doesn't have a Feedback section. I'll explain why: because of that tiny little word in that definition, 'new'. Sims 3 isn't a new product, it's an old product and you can give it all the feedback you like, it's useless, pointless, in vain, spilled energy. You can shout colours in Sims 3 are dull and uninspired, they are what they are and they will always be what they've always been. People have been complaining about the bad lighting indoors in Sims 4 and guess what, they did something about it! People have been complaining about the lack of space and guess what, they got Newcrest. And Windenburg that feels a lot more open than the first two neighborhoods. People have been complaining about the lack of a life stage and guess what, we got the best toddlers ever. Complaining about Sims 4 has a point, complaining about Sims 3 does not.

    P.s. @CravenLestat Awesome pictures, as ever! The colours are so dull I had to wear my sunglasses :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2017
    @TDU90 Just asking,this is my most recent screenshots am not out looking for greatness among my screenies, but by all means tell me how this is dull or colorless,honest question.Before the idea may pop in your mind that it is modded..nope..edited..nope..CC...nope..good computer..YUPP!!!!!!!!!

    Screenshot-6692_zpssoipejef.jpg

    Screenshot-6727_zpsjxcbmqm1.jpg

    Screenshot-6681_zpslvtugalp.jpg



    Is she wearing pink or grey? Can't tell with the dull colors lol

    I really don't understand stand what is dull about realistic colors. Nature is beautiful irl and I love that my game look like the real beauty of nature
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    @JoAnne65 Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Of course there are constructive critism and those are actual feedback threads. It's just that there are the ones which are made only because its OP wants us to feel sorry for him/her. This is one of those things that I could complain about for hours but I'd rather not do that since I believe that's against the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top