Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• FudgsicleFudgsicle Posts: 47 Member
    I figured I'd pop by and post my answers to the questions :smile:

What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I LOVE City Living, I think it's just executed really well and it just adds so much more to the game!

What is your favorite thing about the game?
    While most aspects of Sims is straight up amazing, I love the style that they seem to have stuck with and in Sims 4 I think they absolutely nailed it. :smiley:

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I normally don't play with cheats, but when I do I tend to stick with Money and/or Ignore Gameplay Unlocks

Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    I don't think I've played around enough to have anything to share at the moment, but I'm here to learn and hopefully give to the community :smile:

Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Of course I did!! I think my favourite thing so far is how they've handled the emotions and how that affects other game mechanics. My least favourite thing is that there is so much more that will be added to the game that hasn't been added yet... But that could just be me being impatient :blush:
    Watch me try complete all of the Sims Challenges from start to finish :blush:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCUJb4PoX07uH_iNM1GyJ2mw
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello @Fudgsicle :)
    City Living is a great Ep! It is nice having our sims living in apartments or penthouses in San Myshuno, and is enjoyable having them visit the various festivals. It is fun collecting the snowglobes! The build/buy mode items that came with the pack are great for us to use in our builds.
    Happy simming! :)
  • raafael23raafael23 Posts: 7 New Member
    How do I post new threads? (also please like this post) I need to fix a bug from my game :((((
    raafael23 wrote: »
    How do I post new threads? (also please like this post) I need to fix a bug from my game :((((

Hello :)

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

If you have a game issue, you could post about your issue on another similar thread that another simmer has already started, and there will be simmers that will help you with your issue.

If you are unable to start a new thread because you are a new member, you are welcome to post in these threads.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Hello i don't think have fave cause i liked them all but i don't have katy perry yet and my fave world would be from island paradise and showtime and bridgeport both are great.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    Hello i don't think have fave cause i liked them all but i don't have katy perry yet and my fave world would be from island paradise and showtime and bridgeport both are great.

Hello @Emo-usagi2187 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Each of the Sims 3 eps have great features, activities, venues and build/buy mode and cas items in them! It is hard to choose a favourite!
    I hope that you are enjoying reading the forum threads, finding helpful tips about playing the game, and enjoying posting about your simming experiences .
  • NerdyMcNerdPantsNerdyMcNerdPants Posts: 49 Member
    Helllllllllllllllo everyone. Still trying to figure out how these forums work. How come a lot of the time it says the page is down and I have to refresh? I have to do that A LOT!
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

I really loved the Sims 2 ultimate collection. Does that count? I loved playing a game that was basically perfect and had so many features that actually worked as expected. And It's so fun creating big families. I didn't like going to college tho, my sims never had anything to do that interested me. College in the sims 3 is better, but still i dont find big interesting in any of the jobs which aren't professions, I dont know why, I need to expand my playstyles.
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I love creating a story. Making a family that tells stories by how they look or how they act. It's so awesome. In the sims 3, i'm messing with the supernatural aspects, I like the long life, but it gets boring if you only have one sim, so I decided to get a few plumbots for my sims. (quick question, when u make a simbot, is he related to you like the plumbots are?)
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

Nope. I love working from nothing. I only use nraas for cheaty things when a glitch ruins something ( like i had 80k and used the inhertance LTW and it brought me down to 30k and no ltw points, so i was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸)
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

I thought something good happened when you cast inner beauty on sims when you're a fairy, like a nice moodlet, eternal happiness, or lucky etc. NOPE. Never again.
    5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

Didn't buy it. TOO EXPENSIVE!!! :neutral: 6.
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyMcNerdPants
    Helllllllllllllllo everyone. Still trying to figure out how these forums work. How come a lot of the time it says the page is down and I have to refresh? I have to do that A LOT!

I really loved the Sims 2 ultimate collection. Does that count? I loved playing a game that was basically perfect and had so many features that actually worked as expected. And It's so fun creating big families. I didn't like going to college tho, my sims never had anything to do that interested me. College in the sims 3 is better, but still i dont find big interesting in any of the jobs which aren't professions, I dont know why, I need to expand my playstyles.
    I love creating a story. Making a family that tells stories by how they look or how they act. It's so awesome. In the sims 3, i'm messing with the supernatural aspects, I like the long life, but it gets boring if you only have one sim, so I decided to get a few plumbots for my sims. (quick question, when u make a simbot, is he related to you like the plumbots are?)

Nope. I love working from nothing. I only use nraas for cheaty things when a glitch ruins something ( like i had 80k and used the inhertance LTW and it brought me down to 30k and no ltw points, so i was like plum)

I thought something good happened when you cast inner beauty on sims when you're a fairy, like a nice moodlet, eternal happiness, or lucky etc. NOPE. Never again.
    5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

Didn't buy it. TOO EXPENSIVE!!! :neutral: 6.

Hello :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming! " again.
    It is nice that you have been enjoying playing Sims 2 Ultimate collection. Simming is fun!
    Creating background stories for our sims then seeing how their lives unfold in our game is very enjoyable!
    I am sorry that you are having maintenance issues with the forums site. There are other simmers having issues also
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906295/constant-forum-maintenance#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/908398/keep-getting-maintenance-screen-while-on-the-forums#latest

Happy Simming! :)
  • ParadoxicSimsParadoxicSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm not new to the sims or to the sims 4, I only just recently decided to hop back on to the forums after about four years. Man, I haven't been around since I was in grade nine... weird. Anyways, I hope to enjoy myself here and I hope not too much is different from my sims 3 forums experience.
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @ParadoxicSims I don't know what your previous Sims 3 Forums experience was like, but I can tell you that the people here are both incredibly kind and immensely friendly! I only recently joined in myself, but let me be the first to say: "Welcome (back) to the forums!"
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Hello! I'm not new to the sims or to the sims 4, I only just recently decided to hop back on to the forums after about four years. Man, I haven't been around since I was in grade nine... weird. Anyways, I hope to enjoy myself here and I hope not too much is different from my sims 3 forums experience.

Hello @ParadoxicSims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome back to the forums!
    This is a link to a guide to the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial#latest
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences .
  • Alelis0Alelis0 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello! I've been around for a couple of years, but I haven't really posted anything or introduced myself so the forum is pretty foreign to me. :p

In the Sims 4, my favorite expansion pack is Get Together mainly for its world. I really like the older look to it and I can set up a castle and have it look like it belongs. It's a lot more immersive when you want to play something medieval-based, which is really nice compared to the suburbs. xP
    As for a stuff pack... I think I really like the Kids Room stuff pack. I missed being involved in my sims kids, and I feel like the Kids Room stuff pack helped bring them back to my attention. (...that makes me sounds like I'm neglectful :# I promise I'm not, though! My sims kids are very well taken care of)

There are a couple things I really like about the game. I like building and I REALLY like turning my game into some dramatic fantasy/medieval mess. It's fun creating drama and seeing what the sims will do in response to different things, especially in a setting I love.

Usually I use cheats to set up my world. I often use money cheats so that my rich sims are actually rich and my poor sims are actually poor. I also use MOO to add more detail to my builds. I also cheat the appearance of any random townie who does not fit into whatever theme I'm working with while playing.

Not really. I mainly get tips and tricks from other people I watch.

I have bought the Sims 4. My favorite thing probably has to be the genetics (hopefully that doesn't sound weird xD). The genetics in Sims 3 left kids looking really REALLY weird. It's a bit of a relief to have normal face features and normal hair colors given the the children in Sims 4 compared to Sims 3. One of my least favorite things about the Sims 4 has to be the loading screens. I really hate how, within a neighborhood, there has to be a loading screen between each individual house. It becomes even more annoying after City Living came out where there is a loading screen between your sim's room and your sim's neighbor's room. I don't know why that was necessary.
    Hello @Alelis0 :) It is nice to meet you .
    Windenburg is a very nice world! It does suit castles and medieval type builds. It is nice that you enjoy setting up your game with a fantasy/medieval theme. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! We can express our creativity through the game and have fun too! Moo is a very helpful cheat when building. It helps us to bring our design ideas into sims game form, and encourages us to be creative .
  • Alelis0Alelis0 Posts: 52 Member
    It's nice to meet you, too! :)
    Happy simming!
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    Hi, I am VERY new here. Actually just made an account on the forums this evening. I have been playing Sims for years, though.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? I LOVE Sims 3 the best. My fav expansions are pets and supernatural. <3 them!!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? So many options. I have created many sims, tried every town available. The ability to build on a lot is very creative and fun (although I have my fair share of headaches on that one lol).

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?I have. I have used freerealestate to get started. As well as using motherlode to buy all the books i need all at once. I usually do not use them now though.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? I found having babies was interesting. Then I found if I waited, worked on my skills and profession first... that worked MUCH better for me.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?I have not bought it yet. I played the free trial. I am sure I will buy it once it has a bit more to offer. I see it now has toddlers. I did like the CAS. I didn't feel I had the "freedom" that I do in 3 yet.
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

Kitiara wrote: »
    Hi, I am VERY new here. Actually just made an account on the forums this evening. I have been playing Sims for years, though.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? I LOVE Sims 3 the best. My fav expansions are pets and supernatural. <3 them!!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? So many options. I have created many sims, tried every town available. The ability to build on a lot is very creative and fun (although I have my fair share of headaches on that one lol).

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?I have. I have used freerealestate to get started. As well as using motherlode to buy all the books i need all at once. I usually do not use them now though.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? I found having babies was interesting. Then I found if I waited, worked on my skills and profession first... that worked MUCH better for me.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?I have not bought it yet. I played the free trial. I am sure I will buy it once it has a bit more to offer. I see it now has toddlers. I did like the CAS. I didn't feel I had the "freedom" that I do in 3 yet.

Hello @Kitiara :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Sims 3 Pets and Supernatural eps are great! It is fun having dogs, cats and horses as a part of our sims households! Unicorns are very pretty animals in the game! It is nice playing having fairies in the game to play as. Some simmers like having sims households that contains a variety of the supernatural sims.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences .
  • IstalriiIstalrii Posts: 76 Member
    Hi! Made my account today, though have used the forums to find challenges and the like for as long as I've been playing Sims 4. Best way to keep interested in the game, for me!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? My favourite expansion pack for 3 would probably either be Island Paradise, for the mermaids or Pets for the obvious reasons. My favourite one for Sims 4 would be Dine Out, for GP, and Get To Work for EP. That might change to Vampires soon, just not played it enough.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Definitely the non-realistic aspects, as weird as that sounds. Like, I love that the Grim Reaper shows up. How weird Cow Plants are, and the secret lot you find by going through a tree. :lol: They all work so well.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I generally use cas.fulleditmode to fully change a sim once they age up. I know you can use a dresser or a mirror to plan outfits/hair, but that just makes it easier. Aside from that, I don't really use cheats unless a specific challenge calls for it. Used to use them more in Sims 3.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? If you know what career your teen is going to go in when they're in high school, get them working on those skills. So much easier to level them up in their career then.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? I have it. I like the emotions, think they're a brilliant addition. I never really minded the lack of toddlers once I got into it, though I do like the new addition of them. The lack of an open world is frustrating; however, I completely understand why there isn't one. I'd have liked the neighborhoods to maybe be more open though.
    Istalrii wrote: »
    Hi! Made my account today, though have used the forums to find challenges and the like for as long as I've been playing Sims 4. Best way to keep interested in the game, for me!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? My favourite expansion pack for 3 would probably either be Island Paradise, for the mermaids or Pets for the obvious reasons. My favourite one for Sims 4 would be Dine Out, for GP, and Get To Work for EP. That might change to Vampires soon, just not played it enough.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Definitely the non-realistic aspects, as weird as that sounds. Like, I love that the Grim Reaper shows up. How weird Cow Plants are, and the secret lot you find by going through a tree. :lol: They all work so well.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I generally use cas.fulleditmode to fully change a sim once they age up. I know you can use a dresser or a mirror to plan outfits/hair, but that just makes it easier. Aside from that, I don't really use cheats unless a specific challenge calls for it. Used to use them more in Sims 3.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? If you know what career your teen is going to go in when they're in high school, get them working on those skills. So much easier to level them up in their career then.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? I have it. I like the emotions, think they're a brilliant addition. I never really minded the lack of toddlers once I got into it, though I do like the new addition of them. The lack of an open world is frustrating; however, I completely understand why there isn't one. I'd have liked the neighborhoods to maybe be more open though.

Hello @Istalrii :) I have posted to you on the other thread, but just wanted to say happy simming again!
    Your favourite packs for Sims 3 and 4 are great! They add many fun and enjoyable activities to the games!
    The cow plant is a fun feature of the game! Sylvan Glades is such a pretty hidden lot! It is a very special place for our sims to enjoy visiting through the tree.
  • Ashley4455Ashley4455 Posts: 6 New Member
    Been a member for long time but first time ever posting things. I just want to say I enjoy this game so much! I'm still waiting for my absolute favorite expansion to be made for Sims 4 and that's the University one!
    Ashley4455 wrote: »
    Been a member for long time but first time ever posting things. I just want to say I enjoy this game so much! I'm still waiting for my absolute favorite expansion to be made for Sims 4 and that's the University one!

Hello @Ashley4455 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    Simming is lots of fun! There are many enjoyable parts of simmimg, from creating sims, to building homes and venues, and then seeing our created sims living their lives in the homes that we have built and furnished for them !
  • Ashley4455Ashley4455 Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you @rosemow . As for the answers to the questions:
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? As I stated before with Sims 2 and 3 my favorite EP is University. So I am hoping they come out with one for Sims 4. I also liked Sims 3 Supernatural with all the other creatures you could be. I liked fairy or witch. I also liked the World Adventures as well.
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game? That there are unlimited amount of things you can do! How can you get bored of this game, it's never ending!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Only the mood cheat once in awhile if I'm in a pinch and need to gain a skill or make a sim happy before work. I never do the money one and it's because I'm stubborn. I like the feeling I get when I earn things without cheating.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? I don't have anything off the top of my head. Although in Sims 3 the I had the hardest time trying to find certain seeds to mix and create unique flowers and combinations with.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes I have and I love it! I love the specific features in create a sim...especially the sliders to have realistic assets. I wish there were more cool clothes/hairstyles that are more my style. I loved Sims 2 because it was super easy to add the custom content clothes to the game and it never froze or broke it. Sims 3 was harder as you had to go through creating many folders then making sure you had the original mesh and then unzipping the files. Not worth the hassle. Then the game would give me problems not working and I had to delete everything and start over. I am not sure about Sims 4. I'm guessing its similar to 3. Anyways, happy to join the forums. I need to be more social! But I do not have internet at my apartment so I won't be able to check on here all the time. Happy Simming everyone!

Oh to add...I am old fashioned, I like having discs. So I was sad when everything has gone digital. I like to physically own things. And I miss how they don't have game manuals anymore! :( One thing I loved and was relieved of is I let a friend borrow my Sims 3 discs so she could play. Of course she never gave them back, moved out of state without notice. I thought I was out a lot of money and had to start over. But thankfully Origin saved my life! Because I was smart enough to register them and things went digital at that time, my registration codes were saved so all I had to do when reinstalling was go into Origin and they were there! And when one of the expansions codes wouldn't work Origin did not hesitate to give me a new one. So much gratefulness to Origin.
  • The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    Hey, to boost my post count to provide valuable discussion, I'll post my answers to these questions in here!

I adore every single pack released so far, except for Into The Future and the Katy Perry 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I own every single one, and while it isn't especially fast to load, it's definitely a pack full of fun!

I like roleplaying and designing interiors.

TestingCheatsEnabled is a must for me, especially with how buggy and glitchy the game is.
    I do not use cheats that give any unfair advantages though. That takes away from the fun of the game. c:

Try out very, very weird concepts while building and CASing! Not always the starter home - single teenage girl combo, try something different! Pick traits you usually don't take.

I played it, but I didn't buy it. I very much like the animations and art style, but I hate, I HATE the absence of important and iconic features from previous games. Build mode is amazing.
    Hello @The_Black_Family :) I have posted to you on the other introduction thread but just wanted to say "happy simming" again!
    It is great that you own all the sims 3 packs. They add many fun and enjoyable features, activities, venues, worlds and build/buy mode and cas items to the game! It is great having our sims live in the diferent types of worlds. They each have a different feel, look and landscape.
    Simming is fun!
  • RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    Hey, to boost my post count to provide valuable discussion, I'll post my answers to these questions in here!

Good idea, I think I'll do that too, haha~ ;D

What is your favourite EP/SP and why?

I can't remember which TS1 EP I liked best (I was so young back then ;_;) but I vaguely remember having lots of fun playing the game with my friends and trying to become a superstar, so I'd probably go with the Superstar expansion for this iteration...
    For TS2, I'd have to go with Nightlife. I know a lot of people love OFB, but NL did also add tons of great stuff such as drivable cars, vampires, dating/group outings, turn-ons and turn-offs. Good times. :)
    TS3 did seasons really well, I loved them sooo much.
    And now for TS4, I'd actually have to pick a GP - Vampires! :)

What is your favourite thing about the game?

Designing houses, especially the interior. I love to develop unique style concepts for each house that I build and I always try to make them look as different from each other as possible (some style elements do overlap sometimes, but that's to be expected). Also, creating different kinds of families and playing out their stories I created for them in my head (and taking tons of screenshots, haha). Overall, I really appreciate the fact that each iteration of TS helped me to unleash lots of creativity and imagination. :)

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I use 'moveobjects' quite frequently. And since I love to decorate and furnish my houses extensively, I do like to use 'motherlode' every now and then as well. ;D

Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

If you're stuck while building/furnishing a house or developing your stories further, take a calm step back and look up any sort of inspiration to help you get back on track - it could be anything, really. A good book or an interesting movie/TV show...sometimes they reignite the spark that you need to feel in order to proceed with the game. :)

Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I did buy TS4 and a lot of its EPs/GPs/SPs. Now, I do like it (TS2 will always be my favourite though <3), but there are problems that I would love to see solved in the future. First of all, I love CAS and Build Mode. The vampires were a great addition to the game, as well as toddlers. I also do like the fact that community lots feel alive most of the time. But my biggest gripe with TS4 is the traits-/emotions-system. It doesn't really contribute that much at all to the uniqueness of my Sims' personalities, even though I feel like this might have slightly been improved lately...another thing that irritates me about the TS4 Sims is their lack of reactions in regards to their environment every once in a while. And another thing that I would like to see more of in the game is a certain sense of unpredictability. TS2 did this quite nicely with fights breaking out spontaneously on community lots (or in apartments as well), just to name an example. Aspiration failures were interesting to observe as well, I'd actually love to see fears make a comeback eventually, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. Oh well.
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"