Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression for Vampires help

So I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with. I have the NRAAS mod Story Progression, and my question is can I set it so that vampires can only get pregnant like every 40 days or so? Since they live so long I don't like them getting pregnant so much since they can live so long.

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think you can create a caste for vampires with the SP mod and set the cool-down period for vampires to have children to a longer length. I couldn't tell you the exact settings to choose though because I'd have to look at it in-game and I don't have the game open atm.

You would probably have better luck asking questions and getting knowledgeable answers about the mods at the NRASS forums though. I think you have to register in order to post but the forum is here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Click on Chatterbox to post a question after you register.

Edit - I looked at the interactions on this page: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+Interactions

I don't see a way to space out the pregnancies; maybe it's possible to do that at the sim level? Like I said, asking at the NRAAS site would probably be your best bet.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    In my game there already is a caste for vampires; I'm pretty sure I didn't create it. The cool down setting for pregnancies seems to only be a general one, not something you can set per caste.

But you can set the maximum number of children in the Vampire caste setting. That won't affect multiples or unexpected pregnancies. You can set the base chance of unexpected pregnancy in caste settings, but that number is affected by trait scoring. I don't know if it's possible to shut that down entirely. You could also disallow participation in pregnancies for vampires - that would stop them from reproducing altogether though.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would approach this the way @TreyNutz started. Use the built-in Vampire caste to set Pregnancy:Allow Participation to False. This will render all vampires sterile. Then use Sim Options to open that setting back up (set it to True) on the individual sim level, being sure to include any who are already expectant parents so that SP doesn't terminate the pregnancy. Individual Sim Options will always trump Caste Options. Periodically make a pass through your town's vampires, add the Sim level exception setting to those who should now be able to make babies, and remove it from those who have recently given birth.

If your town has 8 or 10 vampires, this should be easy to manage. If it has 400 of them, I have to admit this method could be a bit cumbersome. But there's really no way to adjust the cooldown between pregnancies selectively.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    Thank you for the responses. I really which there was a way to set the pregnancy cooldown to longer for just vampires hahaha. Oh well, thanks again, I'll probably just disable vampire pregnancy so they are all sterile and then turn it back on if I want them to be able to have babies.