Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @Kitiara Definitely contact EA and ask for the Ultimate Collection. Can't hurt and if you don't ask you don't get!
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    @MidnightAura I tried that about.. 2 or 3 months ago. They told me I had to take a picture of my "existing" CDs with the date on them. Once I gave them that they would give it to me. I was like if I could FIND the discs.. I wouldn't have to go through this. lol
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

Kitiara wrote: »
    @MidnightAura I tried that about.. 2 or 3 months ago. They told me I had to take a picture of my "existing" CDs with the date on them. Once I gave them that they would give it to me. I was like if I could FIND the discs.. I wouldn't have to go through this. lol

Ah I see. Definitely depends who you get. That's a shame!
    @MidnightAura shouldI try again? I don't know if you can call them. I think I did it through email...

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Try again. Some people haven't needed to provide proof or anything. Can't hurt :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Thanks, @Pary I will do that then. It is the Ultimate collection correct? I will gi through the EA/Origin help again.

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Omg I've never got to play TS1. I'm jelly of y'all. :lol: Currently working on saving for the complete set, after listening to a full soundtrack (like a music geek I am).

If you can get Sims 1 I would, I still love it. Makin' Magic is one of the best EPs ever, I loved that one. And the gnomes squishing those grapes, then falling asleep in the barrels, the baby dragons flying around breathing fire. The pets, I remember teaching my cats to play the little toy piano,nothing like Sims 1. I can imagine how great it would be with today's graphics.
    It is possible the graphics in fact were part of the charm. I played a game once with ten pixel characters (huge pixels, this was 1989 :D ). Much later they decided to upgrade the game, with better graphics. It just wasn't the same.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    I never even played Sims 2, let alone own disks for it. I don't really understand this different treatment of fans.
    Thanks, @Pary I will do that then. It is the Ultimate collection correct? I will gi through the EA/Origin help again.
    In case you do get it, it is possible you have to make a few adjustments to be able to play it properly (it may not recognize your video card and offer only the low graphics settings and the shadows will be black squares). The solution for that is simple, just go to the TS2 section and ask ;) People will tell you what to do. Hope they'll give it to you!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 5,843 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I don't use mood altering stuff either but their emotions are crazy. Even when my sim is mad he isn't really mad. I had a sim kiss his one girlfriend infront of the other. A small drop in relationship (should've gone into the negative tbh). Neither tried to slap him or each other and they all had a lovely dinner and neither broke up with him.

In sims 3 even though they do have more neutral emotions between actions I can feel the anger. A guest got into a fight with my sim and they were constantly talking about each other with the other guests. Their facial expressions assured me it was nothing nice lol then they'd pick on each other. Never got a wish to hug him or be friends.

Different game sim cheated on his girlfriend. They ended up patching things up but a day before the wedding she tells him it's over. (nothing like this in 4) she visited her daughter. Once she came to visit the kid and the guy started flirting with her while his new pregnant wife was in bed. Should have seen the look on the girls face lmao then the cat attacked her XD

Unfortunately I don't have any unique save memories from sims 4.

Just thought of 2 where I let the pleasants divorce after Angela died. Took her urn with the mom and omg she hated her new stepfather. Shed only ever haunt him and go to lengths to do that.

Haha, so true! :sob: I do wish they would add the memories aspect to TS4 like they did in TS3. I never realized how much I loved those that and the scrapbook when I played TS4. It's why I still play TS3 to this day. :heart:

I wonder if there is a way to upload or post the memories that are in the screenshot capture manager in sims 4 for people on Origin that are following you? I do like how you can pick and choose which memory to gain emotions from.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

Just quoting you because I never saw this lol.
    Nice avi by the way :)

That's what I love about the previous games they feel more real, if some creep comes up to me and flirts in a few seconds Im not going to get flirty after an apology lol. I hate that is sims 4 because I enjoyed the consistency of the previous games. Here I can basically ignore their moods because they don't even care.

Thank you! And true. That feature of 4 is rather annoying haha. I get so bugged that you can have multiple romantic relations (in reference to the romance/friendship bars), even if you're married.

I would definitely keep trying, I'm part of a Facebook group for Sims and someone there got it within the last fortnight. When I got it I had to ask twice. The first person said they couldn't give it away as the server it needs to run has shut down!

Omg, I will definitely keep trying then! <3 I guess it just depends on the worker, huh?

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »

Haha, so true! :sob: I do wish they would add the memories aspect to TS4 like they did in TS3. I never realized how much I loved those that and the scrapbook when I played TS4. It's why I still play TS3 to this day. :heart:

I wonder if there is a way to upload or post the memories that are in the screenshot capture manager in sims 4 for people on Origin that are following you? I do like how you can pick and choose which memory to gain emotions from.

@MiataPlay Hmmm, same here. I've been sharing some of my own memories through Twitter but that takes too much effort, so I've only done it for tremendous events, such as engagements/relationships
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀

Just quoting you because I never saw this lol.
    Nice avi by the way :)

That's what I love about the previous games they feel more real, if some creep comes up to me and flirts in a few seconds Im not going to get flirty after an apology lol. I hate that is sims 4 because I enjoyed the consistency of the previous games. Here I can basically ignore their moods because they don't even care.

Thank you! And true. That feature of 4 is rather annoying haha. I get so bugged that you can have multiple romantic relations (in reference to the romance/friendship bars), even if you're married.

I would definitely keep trying, I'm part of a Facebook group for Sims and someone there got it within the last fortnight. When I got it I had to ask twice. The first person said they couldn't give it away as the server it needs to run has shut down!

Omg, I will definitely keep trying then! <3 I guess it just depends on the worker, huh?

I think so. As @JoAnne65 said earlier, she didn't need proof she had owned the sims 2 when a lot of people have had to provide it. I had to ask twice because the first person was insisting he couldn't give it to me because it was an online game and the servers were closed!

• MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 5,843 Member

[/quote]

[/quote]

@MiataPlay Hmmm, same here. I've been sharing some of my own memories through Twitter but that takes too much effort, so I've only done it for tremendous events, such as engagements/relationships [/quote]

In game you have the option to upload them to Facebook or twitter, but not here like in the sims 3. It would be nice to have the option to upload screenshot memories to your personal page here on the forums...even a Tumblr option would be nice but mainly just being able to upload to your gallery in Origin or here.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    So I played Sims 4 again. I had some serious fun making a drag queen in CAS (that you can use all clothes for every gender is seriously awesome. Though there still is the lack of CASt. Or even a colour wheel. Sigh.). Then I returned to my family, that I have played before. They are boring. Toddlers are really cute, but... well, boring.
    I never would have thought, I would critisize a sim, who takes care of his own needs, but my Sims 4 sims do it to an extent, that I can just sit back and watch. They even potty train the toddlers on their own. They don´t need me. Everything is so easy.

On the other hand, if I want them to do something specific, it takes ages because of the multitasking. Leaving the lot is a pain. I just wanted my female sim visit the museum, because she had to view three paintings or something. She wakes up, needs to shower, needs the toilet, is hungry. By the time she has finished, it´s sim-hours later and she´s tired again. What?? A meal takes about five hours, because she has to chat, watch the toddlers, listen to music. Makes me insane. Of course, I could cheat her needs up, but that´s not the point. And anyway, I don´t cheat.
    Emotions are pointless - they change every second anyway.

There´s not much to do at home (well, painting, reading, skilling, but, uhm, boring?). There´s not much to do at the other locations. Don´t get me started on loading screens. They don´t even take much time, but they are there. Every time.

I probably could visit other towns. Or buy stuff packs and expansion packs, but I just don´t have the feeling it would improve things. I remember having so much fun when starting to play Sims 3, and I only had the base game for a quite a while. I happily added all the expansions and don´t want to miss them now, but it´s just, there was an instant spark with the Sims 3. The Sims 4 don´t even fizzle. For me, anyway. It´s kind of sad.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    So I played Sims 4 again. I had some serious fun making a drag queen in CAS (that you can use all clothes for every gender is seriously awesome. Though there still is the lack of CASt. Or even a colour wheel. Sigh.). Then I returned to my family, that I have played before. They are boring. Toddlers are really cute, but... well, boring.
    I never would have thought, I would critisize a sim, who takes care of his own needs, but my Sims 4 sims do it to an extent, that I can just sit back and watch. They even potty train the toddlers on their own. They don´t need me. Everything is so easy.

On the other hand, if I want them to do something specific, it takes ages because of the multitasking. Leaving the lot is a pain. I just wanted my female sim visit the museum, because she had to view three paintings or something. She wakes up, needs to shower, needs the toilet, is hungry. By the time she has finished, it´s sim-hours later and she´s tired again. What?? A meal takes about five hours, because she has to chat, watch the toddlers, listen to music. Makes me insane. Of course, I could cheat her needs up, but that´s not the point. And anyway, I don´t cheat.
    Emotions are pointless - they change every second anyway.

There´s not much to do at home (well, painting, reading, skilling, but, uhm, boring?). There´s not much to do at the other locations. Don´t get me started on loading screens. They don´t even take much time, but they are there. Every time.

I probably could visit other towns. Or buy stuff packs and expansion packs, but I just don´t have the feeling it would improve things. I remember having so much fun when starting to play Sims 3, and I only had the base game for a quite a while. I happily added all the expansions and don´t want to miss them now, but it´s just, there was an instant spark with the Sims 3. The Sims 4 don´t even fizzle. For me, anyway. It´s kind of sad.

I own literally every pack except vampires and might get it eventually on sale or something. Trust me more packs don't help, I was so disappointed after getting CL because I was bored in less than an hour after opening it for the first time. Then I installed 3 similar sims 3 eps and omg the content was so well done that I didn't feel bored once. I haven't played sims 4 since.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    The most glaring flaw of Sims 4 that I feel still makes it pale in comparison to past games is the AI.

It has nothing to do with content. Even if Sims 4 had all of the sims content in the world, it would still have that wonky non-reacted AI and somewhat inconsistent trait AI system.

I am still enjoying it, but this AI thing can still bug me from time to time. It is good I still have all of the previous Sims games installed (1, 2, and even 3), so whenever I get annoyed about the poor AI and poor traits system, I can go back and play those games with better AI in all of the older 3 sims games, and the better traits system in Sims 3.

If I am going to have moodlets and traits, I would prefer the more consistent ones in Sims 3.

At least in sims 3, my absent minded sims actually acted absent minded (which I loved, lol), my good sims disliked evil sims, my romantic sim always sighed romantically, and so on.

I still love the content of Sims 4, but after playing a lot of it, I still feel that the flawed AI core is still an issue, and the content (even if it's Pets or seasons or whatever) is not going to fix that.

The AI still needs some serious tweaking if Sims 4 is going to be a deep Sims game like the past sims games. I don't mind the Emotions system, but the overall reaction systems needs to be more consistent and make sense for the situations.

Anyway, that is my personal opinion. Others may disagree, of course. :smile:

ETA: Of course, another glaring flaw is less customization, but that is a bit lower on my flaws list. Even with customization or big worlds, the poor AI would still be a big core issue.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited January 2017
    I play both and I enjoy both, if pushed though I d probably say sims 4 is my favourite. I like rotating round lots of different households and creating stories for them all, so the club system is great and sims 4 does make it easy for me to do this. I can do the same thing in sims 3 with nraas mods and I m lucky to have a computer that plays sims 3 excellently. Sims 4 suits me a little better though, I like the art style and I don't really use cc so the sims in 4 look better to me than vanilla sims in 3 but that's my own personal viewpoint. Sims 3 is a great game though and I love the sheer amount of choice for everything, the content for sims 3 is amazing which is why I switch between the two games.

I really love sims 4 art style. Very vibrant. Thats one thing i never liked about ts3.The dull colors and uninspired atmosphere.
    edited January 2017
    At the risk of backtracking a bit, I actually understand why people who like TS4 find criticisms about it upsetting. At least in a way; although I do have to say that I've listened to LOTS and LOTS of people hating on TS3 over the years and never once did it stop me from enjoying the game. It's just their opinion and one I did not share. More people who like TS4 need to develop a more mature attitude about that IMO.

But the fact is, there is a vast difference in providing feedback for a game that is currently in development and saying all kinds of nasty things about a game that's finished. So of course lots of players are going to be hanging out in the TS4 forum to provide feedback. Some like what they've done and express that and some hate what they've done and they express that. Perfectly normal, and not at all similar to people who come to the TS3 section to say negative things.

Look, I know that everyone wants the game they want. It's just human nature. If I get what I want, someone else may not get what they want. With TS4 this attitude has really gotten nasty because it's so obvious that they do not have the same healthy budget to develop it as they did during TS3's development. They are not providing very many features and on top of that not providing the kind of customization options that would help keep players happy if they don't want certain features that are added. The devs don't help when they keep saying things like 'too hard, too expensive' or 'if we do that, we can't do this'. That might be true but they need to understand that they are NOT contributing to the health of the community by saying things like that.

I don't like the direction they have gone with TS4. I resent that they even thought that Olympus was a suitable follow-up to TS3 and worse yet, later tried to pass it off as a Sims game when someone got cold feet about the original concept. I am not going to give this corporation a pass for any of that. I will be in the TS4 section from time to time to say what I don't like about it. If that's all considered bashing, then too bad.

And people are free to share what they dont like about sims 3 as well. I think im going to be more vocal now that i see sims 3 fans sharing their opinions. Around here the saying goes do as i say, but i can say and do what i please.. I guess.
    Post edited by TDU90 on
    LadyJester wrote: »
    To be honest with you as much as I loved the packs that came with the sims 3 I just can't go back to the game. I mean I have tried several times trying to go back and enjoy the game but usually it doesn't last long and I just kinda stop. I guess I got more fun watching people play the sims 3 then me actually playing it for myself. I don't hate the sims 3. I just really enjoy playing the sims 4 more.

Agreed <3
    edited January 2017
    igazor wrote: »
    TDU90 wrote: »
    And people are free what they dont like about sims 3 as well. I think im going to be more vocal now that i see sims 3 fans sharing their opinions. Around here the saying goes do as i say, but i can say and do what i please.. I guess.
    Of course, as long as it's done in a respectful manner. When it's done rudely and in flagrant violation of the rules of this forum, as we have had happen several time in the recent past, sorry but we are likely to push back a bit.

But one also has to take one's audience into account. This is the TS3 side of the forum. There is no feedback for the sake of feedback necessary here as there are no TS3 developers assembled at EA to fix things that are broken, work in new programming, or take inspiration from players into account in future patches and EPs like there is with TS4. The game is what it is and, except for those of us who embrace mod usage, is never going to change no matter how much is posted about it.

Mature and rational discussions about our games are always welcome here. But the natives (sorry, I usually don't mean to speak for all of us) are not going to accept being told that the game we prefer is inferior simply because someone feels the need to tell us that or wants to start an argument just for the fun of it. That's not why most of us congregate here.

It really isn't any different from any forum based boards devoted to a game that is no longer in development.

My opinions are just as welcome as anyone elses. I think its funny that you said youre not going to accept being told the game you prefer is inferior because many sims 3 fans come to the sims 4 forum to do just that. Everything will be going fine and they will pop up with a thread whose only purpose is to bash ts4.i guess you think thats fine for you to do though.

I will share my opinion. I much prefer the sims 4 and my game gets attacked constantly on ts4 board by ts3 fans. Im not going to be over the top like those people Re but i do feel i have the right to my preference to.. The OP does ask us to compare games....
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    People will share their opinions about Sims 3... in a Sims 3 forum. Welcome. ;)

Now, excuse me while I go back to my dull game. :D
    screenshot_original.jpg

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2017
    I wouldn't bother responding Igazor. That poster made an entire flame bait thread about TS3 being terrible and TS4 being brilliant that was locked. The hypocrisy is quite obvious. If I were you I would make use of the forum functions so you don't have to read the "opinions".

By the look of above posts, it seems it has only come to this forum to inflame trouble once again.

Edit - @Odonata68 I do really love that sim :)

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    Pary wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother responding Igazor. That poster made an entire flame bait thread about TS3 being terrible and TS4 being brilliant that was locked.
    Regardless of the poster's true motivation, the forums (all parts of them) should be safe and fun places for simmers to congregate and share ideas. "Oh yeah, well you guys started it" is not a valid defense of behavior for anyone no matter how much or how little truth there is to it, and it makes no sense in particular to the members who never even care to participate over there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top