Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creation Nation : On Hiatus

Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
img
Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on

Comments

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited March 2017
    lJHbyCo.png

zGag1Vq.jpg

Welcome to Creation Nation! My name is Rick Remington and I will be your host for this exciting new series of creative challenges.

Creation Nation is not a competition, per say, it’s more of a celebration of YOU, our wonderful community of crafty creators. Now that’s not to say that awards won’t be awarded – Bronze, Silver, and Gold, as a matter of fact – or that there won’t be Maxis Recommendations and constructive critiques along the way – if you so desire them – however, the focus will be mostly on being creative, pushing yourself to reach new heights of creativity, and, as I already mentioned, celebrating those who truly shine bright like a diamond!

Each month a build scenario will be introduced and attached to this scenario will be a series of challenges that will range from the most basic of room remodels to total lot reconstructions and revamps! There will often be a Sim-related series of challenges too, that may or may not tie directly to the main build brief, but these are completely optional. Actually, to be perfectly honest, much of what you will come across within this thread is entirely optional, because Creation Nation is all about – you guessed it – being creative! So if part of a brief is holding you back, send it packing! If you found an exciting and new avenue to explore your creativity, I say, go for it! If you’re not careful, you may just claim a medal along the way.

Now, without further ado, on with the show!
    edited March 2017
    TFsiqC8.png

uyVJbzu.jpg

With the arrival of Spring, we here at Creation Nation decided that it was time to shake things up a little bit with a fresh start and a new sort of challenge! This month we are going completely, totally, absolutely shell-free! That's right, Creators, it is all up to YOU to create your creation from the ground up. You asked for it and, well, it's here!

In honor of the season, as well as the forthcoming Mother's Day holiday, we are not only going to celebrate nature, but we are going to surprise our one, our only, the fantastic floral goddess, Mary Gold with a trio of beautiful builds!

Actually, her family is the one doing all of the celebrating and surprising, we're just here to facilitate their wishes.

So, get those thinking caps on, those garden shorts donned, and make sure to slather yourself up in a good bit of sunscreen because we're going to be spending an awful lot of time in the sun.

Good luck, Creators!
    4M85iFx.png
    efhwTpl.jpg

My first stop was a secret meeting with Mary's nature-loving son, Hunter, and musically-gifted daughter, Brooke.

The two often work with Mary when she has really large landscaping projects, but as of late, those projects have been few and far between. So they were thinking that it was time to expand their mom's homegrown business by providing her with a gorgeous Garden Center in downtown Newcrest.

Hunter wants it to be a real showcase of his mother's talents, so he wants it to have that wow factor! He's thinking there should be a spacious display window at the front of the shop or a generous patch of land at the front of the lot that can be decked out with a stunning floral presentation. He also wants there to be ample room both inside and out for tons of merchandise.

Brooke, on the other hand, is all about making sure the place has all of its practical parts, too. She made sure to request a specific workspace for potting plants and storing equipment, as well as a public washroom. She also thought it would be nice for her mom to have an office and for the staff to have a lounge with its own kitchenette. Nothing too fancy, but certainly nice enough to relax in during those busier shifts.

As for the overall look of the location and theme of the decorating, they're leaving that up to us! Their budget is a generous $120,000 - I didn't ask where two teens came up with such a sizable sum - and the creation should be built on the Tranquil Crescent Lot. Don't worry about the cost of the lot. Their artistically-gifted father, Stone, took care of that.

To recap...

YL0oDBi.jpg

NOTE: Once completed, you should upload the creation to The Gallery as a Lot using the Tag #CNBronze3. After the creation is uploaded, be sure to fill out the Entry Form found below, under The Boring Bits header, and post it to this thread so everyone can admire your beautiful, bronze-snatching masterpiece!

UPDATE! (Posted on 3/28) @WiggleyTuff asked if this build could be completed as a city-themed sort of flower shop and I said, "Yes!" So, if you would prefer to do that sort of creation, it is perfectly acceptable, just be sure to stay within the budget and also be sure to use a similar or smaller sized lot. There are plenty of 30 x 30 and 30 x 20 lots in San Myshuno and Windenburg. There's even one in the retail setting of Magnolia Promenade!

BCUKzsl.png
    WNJhpXU.jpg

My next stop was a meeting with the aforementioned father and mega-talented artist, Stone Gold.

Stone was pretty much what I expected Mary's husband to be. He's a family-loving, music-appreciating, hopeless romantic who wants only the best for his wife and their five kids. Why I never met him before now is beyond me. I've known Mary for several years, although, to be perfectly honest, I sort of forgot that she had a family.

Shame on me.

Anyway. Having caught wind that his eldest son and daughter wanted to gift their mom with a garden center - he did buy the lot after all - he thought it best to be proactive by coming up with a little gift of his own.

His goal is to provide his wife with a fully functioning Flower Farm so that she can grow all of her own goods. He wants it to have plenty of room for fields of flowers, but, perhaps, also some room for contained growing. It should have a spot for the farmhands to relax - like a shady pond or covered picnic area - with a washroom and place to cook a quick meal, like on a grill or something. Most importantly, he thinks it should have a barn and he really likes the thought of the barn having a loft, which they can utilize for storage.

Actually, his dream is to have an art studio where he can work away from home. So if there's a way to slip that into the mix, he would love you forever! The house can get a little crowded at times, so a getaway would be nice, plus, he can watch over things on the farm when he's there.

As for the overall look of the location and theme of the decorating - just like his kids - he's leaving that totally up to you! His budget is a generous $240,000 - again, I'm not asking where these people get their crazy cash flow from - and the creation should be built on the Rippling Flats Lot. The cost of the lot can be ignored! Stone's got that covered.

To recap...

S5ruxDv.jpg

NOTE: Once completed, you should upload the creation to The Gallery as a Lot using the Tag #CNSilver3. After the creation is uploaded, be sure to fill out the Entry Form found below, under The Boring Bits header, and post it to this thread so everyone can admire your sweet, silver-snatching masterpiece!

W8GbGnu.png
    ZfeURRd.jpg

My final stop was my absolute favorite! I got to spend some quality time with Mary's geeky and goofy twins, Ash and Reed, as well as with her littlest and most inquisitive angel, Wren.

Why these three were just left in a field is beyond me, but they appeared safe and sound just the same. Stone did appear a little flighty, so maybe he forgot where he left them.

Anyway. As I spent the afternoon with these three tiny tots, I learned that they were also getting in on the gift giving that was going down.

I was informed, mostly by Ash, that they had unanimously voted to relocate from their cramped quarters in Willow Creek to a much larger and newer Manor here in Newcrest. He said that they needed at least six bedrooms and five baths with a guest room for their Nan and Pop. He also thought it would be nice if his parents had a space to call their own, a little bit off the beaten path from the main hub of the home.

I believe Wren babbled the words 'pretty princess palace' at one point, but I could've been hearing things.

Reed, being the more rambunctious of the two twins, jumped in to inform me that their new home had to have an amazing, state-of-the-art game room! An awesome home theater would be nice, too! The Golds apparently love having movie night. Or maybe just the game room? No. Wait. How about both?! Yeah. Both! Maybe? He also insisted that there be a totally cool backyard with a pool and maybe a slip and slide, but also lots of room for mommy to plant pretty things. Oh! And a secret place for her to runaway to! Yeah. That would be totally awesome! She needs her space from time to time.

As for the overall look of the location and theme of the decorating - unlike the other family members before them - they had a very specific style in mind, which came as a bit of a surprise, considering they're, like, five years old. They thought that the main floor should have an open concept, so, like, everything should flow. They also thought that Farmhouse Chic sounded nice. How on earth they knew about any of this was beyond me, but their wishes would most certainly come true since they also informed me that they had a budget of $480,000 and that they had already secured the Twin Oracle Point Lot.

To recap...

Er7uhLC.jpg

NOTE: Once completed, you should upload the creation to The Gallery as a Lot using the Tag #CNGold3. After the creation is uploaded, be sure to fill out the Entry Form found below, under The Boring Bits header, and post it to this thread so everyone can admire your gorgeous, gold-snatching masterpiece!
    edited March 2017
    ZFAv1lT.png
    4M85iFx.png
    O1P4rEb.jpg

If everything goes according to plan, Mary is suddenly going to have her hands very full with taking on the challenges of an expanded business. Naturally, her two oldest kids, Hunter and Brooke, are going to continue to help her, as they've done with her landscaping projects in the past, but they also have school and other responsibilities, too, so it looks like they'll need to hire a few more florists to get the job done right!

Your task, if you choose to take it, is to find the Two best applicants to add to the team. They should be genuinely friendly, and fairly knowledgeable about nature. A confident, even aggressive salesperson certainly couldn't hurt, nor would someone with a bit of muscle on their bones to carry out all of the heavy lifting. They should probably be young adults or older, seeing that they'll be filling in while Mary's kids are in school.

Once created, upload them to The Gallery using the Tag #CNFlorists. After they are uploaded, be sure to fill out the Entry Form found below, under The Boring Bits header, and post it to this thread so everyone can fuss all over your fantastic florists!

NOTE: If you're taking part in any of the building portions of this challenge and you complete this particular challenge, too, you can Add $20,000 to your build budget! This can even be spread out across two or more builds.

BCUKzsl.png
    Fbd7LFJ.jpg

Running a farm can sometimes take the efforts of a small village of workers; therefore, Mary's husband, Stone, is going to be looking to bring on a few more hands to get the work done. He doesn't really have much time to help himself, what with his flourishing career as an artist, and Hunter and Brooke are already helping out at the garden center, so he's going to be looking to bring on at least Six more individuals to help his wife out.

He's considered calling his nephew, Flint, who - along with his husband, Chip - would be a great addition to the team. They're both young, strong, and hardworking, and the last time he checked, they were both looking to relocate closer.

Brooke's boyfriend, River, is yet another great option. He's athletic and a genuinely good guy, but he can be a bit of a goofball, too. So, maybe him...or maybe not.

Mary's tomboyish sister, Ivy, has shown interest in gardening in the past; however, she can be a bit of a loner and she hates kids. Not cool, Ivy, not cool.

Beyond these options, Stone is all out of ideas. So if you can help him out, he'd greatly appreciate it! Again, a total of six farmhands would be ideal.

Once created, upload them to The Gallery using the Tag #CNFarmhands. After they are uploaded, be sure to fill out the Entry Form found below, under The Boring Bits header, and post it to this thread so everyone can fawn all over your fit and just-like-family farmhands!

NOTE: If you're taking part in any of the building portions of this challenge and you complete this particular challenge, too, you can Add $40,000 to your build budget! This can even be spread out across two or more builds.

W8GbGnu.png
    ARBuzjJ.jpg

Mary's business is only going to blossom and grow with the help of the community. Thankfully, Newcrest is filled with an overabundance of floral fanatics! Stone, Hunter, and Brooke are thinking of inviting a select few of these fanatics - Eight to be exact - to a private preview party once the garden center and farm are ready to go.

It's up to YOU to decide who those eight will be.

They need to be the best of the best, the cream of the crop, so to speak, the roses among thorns. They need to love nature and flowers as much as Mary does, if not even more so - if that's possible - and they need to make a statement in the way that they dress so that the press release is both eye-catching and memorable.

Once created, upload them to The Gallery using the Tag #CNFanatics. After they are uploaded, be sure to fill out the Entry Form found below, under The Boring Bits header, and post it to this thread so everyone can flip out over your floral-loving fanatics!

NOTE: If you're taking part in any of the building portions of this challenge and you complete this particular challenge, too, you can Add $60,000 to your build budget! This can be spread out across two or more builds.
    edited March 2017
    VtOKIn2.png

I'm not one for rules, I'm really not, but it never hurts to have a few guidelines to keep things on the up and up, right?
    • Forum rules apply. Be kind to one another, as well as yourselves. Drama lamas are not welcome here!
    • All creations - except, quite obviously, those using a pre-made shell/build as the base - should be original.
    • Multiple entries are allowed and encouraged. Don't give in or give up if that creative bug has bitten you!
    • CC is permitted, as long as credit is given, but it probably won't be recognized in constructive critiques because I don't tend to use CC.
    • An entry form is required to earn both awards and recommendations.
    • Deadlines are not written in stone, per say, and I will notify the participants as soon as possible if I feel that an extension is needed, but individual extensions will not be granted.
    • If you have any questions or concerns, ideas or what-have-you, do not hesitate to drop me a line within this thread or on my profile.
    • Have fun, I repeat, HAVE FUN! This is just a hobby for most of us, so, again, please leave the drama at the door.
    nZwUi5s.png

Please copy and paste these forms into your entry post. You may submit more than one entry form within a single post. If you would like to tell us something special about your entry, feel free to share! I love a good story.

BUILD FORM

Origin ID:
    Community ID:
    Creation Nation Challenge Number:
    Bronze, Silver or Gold Level:
    Lot Used for Testing:
    Cost of Creation, Minus Lot:
    Creation Name in The Gallery:
    Gallery Link:
    Would you like a Constructive Critique? Yes/No
    Additional Notes:
    Images (6 Max) or Slideshow Link:

SIM FORM

Origin ID:
    Community ID:
    Creation Nation Challenge Number:
    Bronze, Silver or Gold Level:
    Creation Name in The Gallery:
    Gallery Link:
    Would you like a Constructive Critique? Yes/No
    Additional Notes:
    Images (6 Max) or Slideshow Link:

RKbmGBu.png

BUILD DETAILS
    • Basic Bronze Builds should be uploaded as a Lot using the Tag #CNSilver3
    • Seasoned Silver Builds should be uploaded as a Lot using the Tag #CNBronze3
    • Go for the Gold Builds should be uploaded as a Lot using the Tag #CNGold3
    • Tranquil Crescent in Newcrest is where the Garden Center should be built; however, for whatever reason, if you end up using a different lot, please mention which one in your entry. It needs to remain a 30 by 30 lot.
    • The Basic Bronze Budget is $120,000, unless you're participating in the Sim Sitch. See details above!
    • Rippling Flats in Newcrest is where the Flower Farm should be built; however, if you end up using a different lot, please mention which one in your entry. It needs to remain a 40 by 30 lot.
    • The Seasoned Silver Budget is $240,000, unless you're participating in the Sim Sitch. See details above!
    • Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest is where Mary's Manor should be built; however, if you end up using a different lot, please mention which on in your entry. It needs to remain a 50 by 40 lot.
    • The Go for the Gold Budget is $480,000, unless you're participating in the Sim Sitch. See details above!
    • The current due date is Saturday the 29th of April, by Noon, Eastern Standard Time.

A Map of Newcrest...

fpBWmTE.jpg

SIM DETAILS
    • Your 2 Basic Bronze Sims should be uploaded using the Tag #CNFlorists
    • Your 6 Seasoned Silver Sims should be uploaded using the Tag #CNFarmhands
    • Your 8 Go for the Gold Sims should be uploaded using the Tag #CNFanatics
    • The Gold Family can be found HERE.
    • The current due date is Saturday the 29th of April, by Noon, Easter Standard Time.
    edited April 2017
    Updated 4/1
    SArb72f.png

Creations from Challenge Number Two

bJa04vN.jpg
    g8cDCuj.jpg
    Congratulations, @steskens! You claimed yet another Silver and Bronze!
    Critique forthcoming...

D7NuQej.jpg
    jTPnDuS.jpg
    Congratulations, @EuphorialQueen! You claimed a Silver and your 2nd Bronze!
    Critique forthcoming...

Creations from Challenge Number One

wWSHFMN.jpg
    UwrsT3V.jpg
    Congratulations, @steskens! You claimed a Silver and a Bronze!
    A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE

: : Rick's New Home Office : :

8yiwYZ0.jpg

After loading a new lot, I love to set my sims free to see what they do all on their own. In the case of your creation, without an ounce of prompting from me, Rick and his team went straight to their brand new meeting room, that is, right after they fetched a little something tasty from the kitchen!

This made me smile, right along with your awesome build.

Clearly you gave them a special place they wanted to be in, and not just one or two of them went there right away, but they all did! And I couldn't blame them in the least. The meeting room that you created for them was top notch. It not only mirrored the aesthetics of Rick's home, but it brought something new to the table. It's warm, inviting, and fully functional...well, except for that darn espresso machine, but more on that later.

RFOmAq4.jpg

After their working lunch, they broke off and began to explore the rest of the space. Each employee wasted no time in claiming a spot to call their own. Rick was the first to settle down and I think he picked thee best spot! Regardless of the fact that he didn't have the choice of a private office, he selected one of the desks nearest to his home, yet just out of reach of the hustle and bustle of the front reception. It made perfect sense! Although, as you can see, the others discovered him soon enough.

What they also found were all of the oversized wood and clay sculptures! Tunston and Anthony, in particular, couldn't stop playing with them. It was really funny to watch.

Anyway. Overall, your office creation was certainly a hit with both myself and the team. I think my absolute favorite part was all of the perfectly placed clutter. Every nook and cranny was filled with something exciting or interesting to look at. Your deskscapes were an achievement all their own. Well done! Now...

OO3ik4k.jpg

To the pool!

: : Rick's New Basement & Indoor Pool : :

kBUwiHl.jpg

WvZ4C0j.jpg

As you can see, after a long, hard day at work, Rick and his team went all Baywatch on their new indoor pool. And why shouldn't they? It's a thing of beauty!

It was such an unexpected surprise to find a tropical paradise right downstairs. Come rain or shine - Okay, who am I kidding? It never rains in Willow Creek! - this venue is truly the perfect place to kick back and relax. The clutter, once again, was picture perfect and I could almost hear the falls roaring and the birds singing as the team splashed about in the crystal clear pool. Almost.

Anywho. The team had a great time, that is, until David cannonballed in and lost his trunks. No lie!

nfddsfw.jpg

Again, without any prompting from me, the handy carpenter took a nosedive and, quite literally, came up short; however, that didn't stop him for one moment. Not only did he continue to run around in the buff, but he even went back to work sans clothes! Granted, by the end of the day, he had clearly had way too much fun and so he simply crashed on the lobby lounge.

THE DEVILISH DETAILS

First and foremost, I want to say that your build was truly lovely. It had everything Rick was looking for and so much more! Your attention to the details - I just loved the inclusion of the security cameras! - is very impressive. Congrats on claiming a bronze medal for your office build and a silver for revamping his home to include a beautiful new basement and pool. You rightfully earned them both!

Now, onto the one or two things that caught my eye as being a tad bit off...

gWHJSX0.jpg

As you can see in the images above, I captured a few screen shots of your exterior, in particular, the main client entrance and the rear.

Now it could've just been my OCD kicking in, but having the window to the left off balance felt, well, a little off to me. By moving it closer to the door, it feels more true and less distracting, plus, moving it didn't really impact the interior at all. If anything, it brought that particular window into focus, instead of having it tucked behind the rack of canvases in Rick's office.

As for the rear shot, the transition from Rick's main home to his brand new office felt a bit awkward. Having the black trim abruptly end certainly caught my eye. So, as you can see, I simply pulled the roof above the office out one more square and covered the transition up. It's still there, just neatly tucked out of view.

c2TZmm4.jpg

Remember that pesky espresso machine I mentioned earlier? Well, with the counter set the way you had it, overlapping in the middle, it made the appliance dysfunctional. Bad appliance! By removing the extra counter and shifting the two on the right to the left - Presto! - it became far more approachable. Good appliance = happy Tunston! Just saying.

As for the screen capture of the chimney, to me, while it gave a bit of visual interest to the roof - which is probably what you were going for - it made me believe that there would be a fireplace inside, but, alas, there wasn't.

The last shot, of the hallway wall in the basement, was just a mere oversight. It was simply missing a lick of paint.

Anyway. With everything that you accomplished, these devilish little details are so minor in the grand scheme of things and they certainly did not take away from the overall beauty of your creations!

Thank you for participating in Creation Nation and for being its very first entry! I can't wait to see what you whip up next!

n8ZrHIi.jpg
    cZrWSX5.jpg
    epz2GgG.jpg
    Congratulations, @BUTTONSGINGER! You claimed a Silver and 2 Bronze!
    A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE

eaaDQWm.jpg

As you can see, Ginger wasted no time in getting Rick all cozied up within the warm reception of his brand new home office. And what a handsome space at that! I particularly loved the arrangement of leather chairs before the fireplace and the fact that the same chairs could be found in Rick's private office. I also appreciated the balance that you struck by having the same set of three windows on the opposite side of the space, directly across from the existing ones.

As for the employee workspace... Stunning!

I loved, loved, loved how the desks had clutter from each employee that related to their specific role within the team. I could instantly tell which one belonged to which. The megaphone and tissues made me laugh out loud, knowing that that was Lani's desk. So utterly perfect. He can be such a demanding drama queen!

As for the well-appointed catering station, you made Tunston a very happy chef, which means that Rick, his team, and all of their clients will not only be well-fed but expertly entertained.

And the same could be said for me!

I really enjoyed exploring your creation. I think you did an excellent job at capturing Rick's personality and needs, as well as those of his team. Well done!

THE DEVILISH DETAILS

First and foremost, you should be very proud of your creation. I think your employee workspace was the best out of all of the entries. You truly deserve the bronze medal that you claimed. Congratulations!

Now, onto the bits and pieces that felt a little off...

ZR9sH2C.jpg

As you can see, I included a screen capture of the water features that framed the rear of Rick's private office. The one closest to the wall seemed a bit off with it blocking the window and, furthermore, the circle carpets can be seen sticking out from underneath it. By shifting it back just a smidge and deleting the carpets, it seems to flow - pun intended - a bit better now.

As for the front reception, it was missing one circle rug, under the magazine rack, and one of the larger carpets, closest to the wall, had slipped underneath a collection of the same rugs. By simply placing the larger carpet last, it is now in line with the one next to it, instead of being buried below.

Regardless of these minor mishaps, I believe your creation was a complete success!

Thank you for participating in Creation Nation! I can't wait to...

Oh, wait, we're not finished yet! We still have sims to speak about...

THE SIM SITCH

: : Ginger, Aisling & Rick : :

RM0zBvG.jpg

PH0KbRV.jpgtWr93ed.jpgDVU6EO3.jpg

Ginger's everyday appearance is spot on for someone playing the role of a real estate agent, so I hope that that was what you were going for. She has that perfectly polished look of someone who is the consummate professional. That said, it was nice to see her in something a bit more playful when it comes time to party. Furthermore, her athletic gear was also picture perfect, seeing that she loves the outdoors. I can certainly envision her out and about for a morning jog before she heads off to work.

ieLaVGY.jpg

ZgWS6xX.jpgqcEYRJE.jpg6BRI0xQ.jpg

M5cv36l.jpgQ3eY72P.jpgGGEwpDm.jpgsxPeZhz.jpg

Where does one begin with the likes of Aisling? Perhaps it's just her jealous nature that sets the wheels spinning, but you have to admit, she seems like quite a force to be reckoned with! Between her flame-red hair and intense, darkly-lined eyes, she's hard to miss. Her formal attire struck me as a true representation of her inner self, all dark and gothic; however, her choice of brighter colors for the rest of her attire seems to balance things back out. Her influence over Rick on the other hand...

Rick, Rick, Rick. Wow. You really took him in a whole new direction and, I must admit, I really like it! He seems so much more worldly now, more Euro, more trendy, more...more everything! From the long hair and dreadlocks to the soulful chinstrap and manbun, he's every bit the stud Aisling would want him to be, right? Right! If you haven't already guessed by now, I particularly like his party attire.

Well done!

But wait! There's more...

: : Splitting Hairs : :

hsvedfd.jpguXhJU9x.jpg

The one small detail that sort of didn't work for me was Rick's short hair with his formal attire. Therefore, I changed it up with some fit and fine dreads. His look is now complete!

But wait! There's even more...

: : Extra! Extra! Read All About It! : :

So, during Rick's tour of his new home office, guess who showed up? That's right! Aisling!

mxVcRCQ.jpg

As you can see, things went from a state of delight and surprise to one of fright and despise in just under a minute flat! Without any word of warning, Aisling came storming in, pointing fingers and shaking those curvy hips of hers at Rick and Ginger. There was just no calming the jealous woman down!

s1xXTee.jpg

Then a fight broke out and the only thing Rick could think to do was, well...slip into his birthday suit! So he did just that, right there, right in the middle of the front reception. This certainly got Aisling's attention.

They're expecting in October...or should that be in three short days?! *wink*

And I'm expecting to see many more great things from you in the future! Congrats on your already impressive collection of medals.

OXXolkM.jpg
    Congratulations, @EuphorialQueen! Besides your Gold, you claimed a Bronze, too!
    THE SIM SITCH

: : Oskar & Charmagne : :

gECUQmY.jpg

niFofrc.jpgIx1kroz.jpgLOhDiAX.jpglj0ShJj.jpg

HIcKlDt.jpgYE8CuUs.jpgTvF9oFb.jpgwl94a8d.jpg

I want to be friends with Oskar and Charmagne, in real life, that is. Just saying. Actually, I think I may know an artist or two who could relate to these excitingly eccentric characters in a heartbeat!

Oskar's choice of garb suits his gloomy, yet snobbish disposition perfectly. It's like he wants to be seen, but only when he's feeling melancholy, which is probably most of the time. I really liked his formal attire the best. The combination of that hat, the gloves, and those gold shoes suits him just right. For whatever reason, he reminds me of Lydia from Beetlejuice, which is a very good thing.

As for Charmagne, to me, she comes across as Oskar's foil: she's bold, bright, and beautiful, living life and loving every minute of it! Her everyday attire is spot on for the brilliant artist that she appears to be and I love how you accessorized with those golden gloves and rugged combat boots. She just oozes creativity, although, I would've liked to have seen a different hairstyle or two, but, oh well, who am I to question the habits of such a trendsetter?

: : A Night On The Town : :

l6CrPyl.jpg

As you can see, Oskar, Charmagne, and Rick took a spin around town together and ended up at a jazz club. Who knew Oskar had a talent for tickling the ivories?

Anyway. I sure hope we get to see these two again, and again, and again. If not, I may just have to develop a challenge around them.

Congrats on claiming your bronze medal - it was so well deserved - and thank you for participating in Creation Nation!

qt1BWDb.jpg
    Congratulations, @undressyourbones! You claimed a Bronze!
    A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE

ujmRayJ.jpg

What an excellent addition to Rick's home! You managed to tie in so many different decorative aspects from the main house that - just like steskens' and BUTTONSGINGER's entries - your creation works seamlessly with what came before. I love how you carved out a nook for every foreseeable work configuration, yet kept the space open and inviting. There's a meeting room that overlooks the lobby, kitchen, and the collection of workstations, but there is also Rick's very own private office with just enough visibility to keep an eye on everything and everyone. I can't truly explain why this is, but the smallest detail of adding that riverboat to Rick's desk really won me over. Okay. Maybe I can explain. To me, it hints at the world beyond his office walls, especially since Willow Creek is known for such transports. Well done!

Now onto the bits that felt a tad off...

THE DEVILISH DETAILS

jg7eLjQ.jpg

Before I get to the boring bits, I want to say that I really enjoyed adding your creation to Rick's home. It was a solid build with a ton of potential. I could easily see him and his team leaving their mark all over it. Which brings me to my next point...

Clutter!

The clutter on the main desk in the employee workspace felt just about right. That riverboat on Rick's desk? Brilliant! But there wasn't any clutter on any of the other desks, and the lobby, most of all, felt very bare. A rug here or a plant there would've worked wonders. Even in the kitchen, a few more bits and bobs would've been nice.

As for the restrooms, I believe you already knew that they wouldn't work because of the open partitions. I did test it with Rick alone and another Sim in the next room, and he used it just fine; however, once there were two Sims in there together, they both started throwing their usual hissy fits. Even stranger was how they both got stuck in there after. Silly sims!

Anyway. Overall, as I said, a very solid build and a great addition to Rick's home. You rightfully earned a bronze medal and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Thank you for participating in Creation Nation!

Fzc9bdH.jpg
    0GTrhKZ.jpg
    Congratulations, @popettypop2012! You claimed 2 Bronze!
    A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE

7ndgPj1.jpg

First and foremost, I can't thank you enough for going in a completely different direction with this challenge! It was so very nice to see an entirely new take on the space. Did it work well with Rick's home? Not exactly. But it certainly worked well on its own and it even inspired me to possibly refresh the rest of the build to incorporate a bit of what you brought to the table. Your color scheme and texture choices were lovely. The Zen vibe was greatly appreciated and I could certainly see it playing out really well in a real-world work environment. It's so calm and relaxing, yet formal just the same. This may sound a bit silly, but I truly adored your choice of chair for the workspace desks. As for Rick's private office, again, just lovely. The overall space, while soft in tone, was still masculine, and I believe that can be attributed to the stone texture and wide wood planking that you used throughout. Well done!

Now onto the boring bits...

THE DEVILISH DETAILS

xh5O2R4.jpg

I hope that I've made it clear to you that I truly enjoyed your refreshing take on the challenge. All of the entries were unique and awesome in their own way, but yours, for obvious reasons, really stood out. So, once again, thank you for taking a risk. I encourage you - and anyone else reading this - to take more of them!

As for those pesky details that felt a bit off.

As you can see from the images above, one of the windows was colored differently. Point. Click. Fixed! The other small detail that got my OCD screaming was the placement of the rugs under the collection of desks. Perhaps it was a design choice on your part, but to me it was ever so slightly distracting that the carpets weren't centered under the desk. Point. Drag. Fixed!

Anyway. What a lovely creation! It's almost, just almost, more lovely than your Sim.

Bah! Who am I kidding? Popetty is, well...

THE SIM SITCH

: : Popetty : :

u8h8jDl.jpg

KVojtbs.jpgDwE2mt2.jpgWM6rGuL.jpgJYGqdbx.jpg

If you're familiar with the show Fixer Upper, than you'll know that when I say that your sim reminds me of its hostess, Joanna Gaines, you'll know exactly who I'm speaking about. In my book, she's awesome, therefore, Popetty is awesome by default! I really liked how she can be casual in her everyday and a bit formal as needed, but downright Bohemian when it comes time to party. Her bedroom attire had a few nice touches, too, what with her wearing glasses and no makeup. Actually, the more I think about your sim, the more I can see touches of Mrs. Gaines' creativity in your very own office creation! Again, in my book, that's a win-win!

Anywho. Congrats on your bronze medals and thank you for participating in Creation Nation!

Until next time...

HAPPY SIMMING!
    edited March 2017
    Updated 3/7
    AiNaiUT.png

xyS4Ysl.jpg
    Congratulations, @EuphorialQueen! You claimed a Gold for your amazing Sims!
    THE SIM SITCH

:: Team Zerumna ::

m4Z0PwJ.jpg

When I created Team Zerumna back in 2014, I had no clue, no idea that they would come back with such a vengeance! Did I play with them from time to time? Sure. But I never gave them any more attention than any of my other sims. You see, I'm more of a builder than a player. I love to build, and build, and build some more. I'm currently working on a recreation of Frank Lloyd Wrights Fallingwater and it's consuming my every waking moment, in that totally awesome, I-love-this-game sort of way.

Anyway. I digress.

Team Zerumna! Wow. Just, wow. You nailed their personalities perfectly. It's as if you had created them yourself. The moment you noted that Sonya didn't want a darn thing done with her hair, I knew they were in good hands.

Speaking of Sonya, you captured her classy, yet sassy self perfectly. As a PR rep, she has her finger on the pulse of the city, which means she's in-the-know, she's connected, and, quite naturally, she's ahead of the curve when it comes to fashion. I think my absolute favorite outfit was her black and white everyday. Those pops of red hit just the right note. A mix of sass and class indeed!

bY93s0q.jpgBhjx5Ej.jpgOobbclu.jpgew3PaKQ.jpg

As for David, you nailed - pun intended - his entire wardrobe, too. As the resident carpenter of the team, he is not just another pretty face behind the scenes. No, he's right in the thick of things, rubbing elbows with his clients as he crafts their dreams with his bare hands. He has to look the part, but he also has to put on a good show when it matters most, so by having him in a mix of crisp and casual gear you covered all of the bases. That said, I think my favorite was his tattered shorts and knee-high socks. Total carpenter vibe with that one!

nK133cv.jpg8tHKE8I.jpgoCiG46d.jpgReshwC5.jpg

As we're all aware by now, Anthony is clearly the team millennial and it's all about him, him, and, well, him. As the team's tech guru, he's far more comfortable when he's hiding behind his sleek gadgets, but that's not to say that he doesn't like nice things and his wardrobe certainly reflects that. I thought it was very appropriate that he remained in blacks and whites. Very geek chic, if there is such a thing. I think my favorite was his athletic gear. I can certainly see him jogging around town, but also stopping in at the local cyber café for an espresso or two!

gaxvGgS.jpgWnJ3uXC.jpgMJxVT93.jpguZzm3jg.jpg

Tunston, on the other hand, could care less about fashion. As the team caterer, he's all about enjoying good food with good people. The fresh-baked-bread brown - say that three times fast! - you went with for most of his collection fits him just right. He has a warm personality and you reflected that perfectly. I think my favorite was his formal outfit. I could easily see him hosting an event in that, but it's casual enough for him to be able to run right back into the kitchen!

bTALrH3.jpgXQyJJbA.jpgSMQIerG.jpg

The same could be said for Mary. With six kids and her full-time job at Zerumna, as well as a small business of her own that she oversees, she doesn't have a minute to spare or a minute to care about how she looks. Her mostly casual, Bohemian look suits her just fine. That said, her formal outfit certainly caught my eye! She looks like an intergalactic princess...or something along those lines. Anyway. Moving right along...

9xakks6.jpgh3j6ayD.jpgF5eJ40D.jpg

I must admit, out of all of the team members, William's makeover was the most compelling to me. The guy that I had in mind and the one you came up with are two totally different people, but, I must also admit, your take most certainly won me over! I pictured him as this Zen-tastic guru who loves kicking back and chillin' to some grooves as he plans his next trip to the beach...or was that the gym? Beach? Gym? Anyway. Your take made him far more exciting and, well, cool! That pinstripe hat with the pinstripe suit, and leather gloves?! Say what?! He just went from Feng Shui to Feng Shwing!

o3zlNa8.jpgnfNTlDu.jpgojvyArb.jpgq7uyFLB.jpg

As you will come to see, if you scroll down the screen just a bit, I saved the best for last!

Lani is now my number one favorite sim of all time and YOU helped to make that possible. I always knew, deep in the back of my sim-filled mind, that he was something a little bit special. Your choices, each and every one of them, helped to push him over the top! Who knew there was so much pink in the game? I certainly didn't! And who knew that a grown man could look so absolutely fabulous and fetching all corseted up as a pretty-pretty princess, er, witch...er...whatever. Awesome! Totally awesome! I can't thank you enough for making this a thing and I also can't thank you enough for participating in Creation Nation! You went for the gold and you totally nailed it! Well done! Now onto the greatness that is...

Lani Szotak.

U7cJ83i.jpgKOAb1tx.jpgxmTDLeo.jpgWfDnTPa.jpg

5lOgu9E.jpgiz0rarn.jpgrD8MAID.jpgm1zsGSe.jpg

kqYboYC.jpghZWiJ06.jpg5kK1XgE.jpgxBpPp2P.jpg

edited March 2017
    And we have liftoff in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
    bVBFvLS.png
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Wow! You really went all out on these challenges! I'm for sure going to tackle a few of them. Excellent work on these!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    Your new contest sounds great! :) It is great that there is a variety of different levels, which will be helpful for simmers with time issues or who would prefer to do the entry task of that level rather than another level. I will look forward to seeing the entries! :)
    misscbong wrote: »
    Wow! You really went all out on these challenges! I'm for sure going to tackle a few of them. Excellent work on these!

Thank you, @misscbong. I'm glad you like what you see here. It was a labor of love and will continue to be so as long as there is even the slightest of interest shown in return. I look forward to seeing all that you create! If you have any questions, any at all, I'm here for you.

Cheers,
    Ro
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Your new contest sounds great! :) It is great that there is a variety of different levels, which will be helpful for simmers with time issues or who would prefer to do the entry task of that level rather than another level. I will look forward to seeing the entries! :)

As always, thank you, @rosemow, for your unwavering support and kind words. Also, thank you for updating your challenge thread to include Creation Nation. You're the best!

Cheers,
    Ro

steskens wrote: »
    Wow, you've put so much effort in this! And it looks like a great challenge! :smile:

Thank you, @steskens. I hope you'll be participating!
  • fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    You did it! You started your own challenge!!! And it looks SO. GOOD. I love the idea of the different levels! And the storyline, everything. You did a great job.
    I'm gonna keep this bookmarked but it might not fit in with what I'm trying to fill my world with right now unfortunately :( *so many sad face* maybe once my civilization has gotten out of the stoneage? haha

This isn't an official entry because all I did was give the Zerumna crowd an Ojas makeover, but I wanted to share it! I like them! I'm going to use a few of them in my story!!

pKbY7Aa.jpg
    fabtiffsim wrote: »
    This isn't an official entry because all I did was give the Zerumna crowd an Ojas makeover, but I wanted to share it! I like them! I'm going to use a few of them in my story!!

@fabtiffsim First off, OH, MY, GOD, your Zerumna Revamp is pure awesome, brilliant even! I may just have to award you an honorary medal for that. It truly made my day!

Secondly, yes, yes I did go ahead and start up a challenge...or six. Lol. Hopefully I'm not getting in over my head, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun. So far the response has been pretty terrific! I can't wait to see some of the other entries, official or not!

Love a well thought out challenge.
    Bookmarked to follow and maybe do a few ;)

@EuphorialQueen Bookmark away! I look forward to seeing your entries. I'll be sure to check out that link you shared!

Cheers,
    Ro
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I'm definitely lurking. (bookmarked)
    @Rawla Lurk all you like and participate whenever and however works best for you!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Rawla Lurk all you like and participate whenever and however works best for you!

Thanks. :smile:
    fabtiffsim wrote: »

@fabtiffsim First off, OH, MY, GOD, your Zerumna Revamp is pure awesome, brilliant even! I may just have to award you an honorary medal for that. It truly made my day!

Secondly, yes, yes I did go ahead and start up a challenge...or six. Lol. Hopefully I'm not getting in over my head, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun. So far the response has been pretty terrific! I can't wait to see some of the other entries, official or not!
    eeeehehehehe Thanks! It was a lot of fun!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Fantastic new challenge, very well thought out with lots of options and presented beautifully :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited January 2017
    masajo wrote: »
    Fantastic new challenge, very well thought out with lots of options and presented beautifully :)

@masajo Thank you! I am such a HUGE fan of your creations! I hope that you'll be able to participate.

Cheers,
    Ro
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    This sounds awesome! I'm excited to participate! :)
    @equuest I'm excited about your excitement! Can't wait to see what you create!