March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me what is your best of TS2

PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 2
I came to The Sims through TS3 and later bought TS2. I've played TS2 a lot but I feel like I have a lot more to discover. Tell me your favorite thing to do, your favorite cheat, your favorite CC and your favorite mods. I want to explore all of TS2. Where do I go to do your favorite thing? What are your favorite places and neighborhoods?
"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
Post edited by PHOEBESMOM601 on

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Hi. :)

My favorite things to do are play families, but of the late I've been trying dome challenges. I just started 'The Bachelor Challenge' (might make a thread chronicling that challenge).

My favorite cheat is the basic 'BoolProp' one and from there I like spawning the different kinds of NPC's.

My favorite CC is a skin from MTS, (Don't have the link right now, but if ya want it I can find it XD), I don't use mods though, just CC. ;)

My favorite places to go are restaurants! :mrgreen:

And my favorite neighbourhood is either PleasentView or Belladona Cove. :)
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Astro wrote: »

My favorite things to do are play families, but of the late I've been trying dome challenges. I just started 'The Bachelor Challenge' (might make a thread chronicling that challenge).

My favorite cheat is the basic 'BoolProp' one and from there I like spawning the different kinds of NPC's.

My favorite CC is a skin from MTS, (Don't have the link right now, but if ya want it I can find it XD), I don't use mods though, just CC. ;)

Why those neighborhoods and how do you spawn NPCs?

*I said there was a lot I haven't done.*

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I've got a lot of time on my hands at work, so I pretty much read my way through this & found all sorts of fascinating things.
    AMariseS wrote: »
    I've got a lot of time on my hands at work, so I pretty much read my way through this & found all sorts of fascinating things.

I go there when I'm hunting for things. I'd just like to know what other players think. What are some of your favorite things to do?

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Astro wrote: »

Why those neighborhoods and how do you spawn NPCs?

*I said there was a lot I haven't done.*
    Just personal favorites. I mean, there isn't a neighbourhood I *hate*, so I just picked the ones I happen to play in the most.

And you just type in the 'BoolProp' cheat and shift-click the mailbox and you should see a 'Spawn NPC' option. :)
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I love taking my sims on a night out partying in Downtown. <3 And then starting a family. TS2 truly does have the best single sim/family play for me! And living in an apartment is really fun, you have a weekly party and someone orders pizza!

My favorite custom content comes from here.

I love Cyjon's mods. They fix many annoyances.

These cheats are necessary:
    • boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true
    • boolprop SnapObjectsToGrid on/off (useful for clutter)
    • boolprop Allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation on/off
    • setQuarterTilePlacement on (activate with CTRL + F)

Belladonna Cove is my favorite out of them all. No custom or premade hood ever came close.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    xBob18 wrote: »
    I love taking my sims on a night out partying in Downtown. <3 And then starting a family. TS2 truly does have the best single sim/family play for me! And living in an apartment is really fun, you have a weekly party and someone orders pizza!

My favorite custom content comes from here.

I love Cyjon's mods. They fix many annoyances.

These cheats are necessary:
    • boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true
    • boolprop SnapObjectsToGrid on/off (useful for clutter)
    • boolprop Allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation on/off
    • setQuarterTilePlacement on (activate with CTRL + F)

Belladonna Cove is my favorite out of them all. No custom or premade hood ever came close.

That looks like some good CC. Thanks.

• MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    edited July 2015
    I like staring with a blank neighborhood and build it up gradually. Then I create families and map out their stories through the memory system. Sure it usually takes a long time to set things up the way you want but the result is very rewarding, especially for someone who likes to micro-manage like me. The pic in my signature is actually of the hood I'm playing right now, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I don't use cheats anymore except for build mode ones but the live mode cheat I used to use the most is "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". It actually enables a lot of other cheats and hack objects that let you mess with the game.

For game mods, you should head over at Cyjon's site and MATY for some really great hacks and necessary fixes. I don't use CC with TS2 'cause I often backup my neighborhoods for later use and I don't want to find and download every piece of object I used in a save. Although I do use some hairs that match the overall style of the game, check out this site if you're interested.

I don't let my sims out of there homes much so I don't have a favorite go-to place, but when I do, I usually send them to bowling alleys, restaurants or vacation hoods.

My favorite Maxis neighborhood is Strangetown. It's got a old-school sci-fi theme and the some of the folks there are really interesting.

I hope you enjoy your time with TS2, it's a really awesome game.
    Signature3.jpg
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I love the premade families. I very rarely make my own, unless I'm playing the Prosperity Challenge (my favorite challenge).

My favorite thing to do is play Strangetown over and over and over.

My favorite mod is the multi-pollination technician mod, which I do not believe is available anymore. It allows your children by alien abduction to have one of 4 different pollination technician parents, all of whom have more "normal" jawlines than the original PT (so they're more attractive). Also, this way they're not all half-siblings.

Right now I'm playing the Uber-Megahood, which is all the neighborhoods merged together.
    @MaxtheTownie @MsPhy I love Strangetown and the families there. The Curious, Specter or Beaker households are a common stopping place for me. I like just the little video that flies you over Strangetown as it loads.
  • RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I love the little details they added that made the game so much more realistic and fun such as bathing babies in sinks, two toddlers can huddle together and toddlers being able to sleep in pet beds. Their reactions and interactions are really interesting as well, always pulling faces lol! I love creating a family that lasts generations with lots of drama but it's harder than I thought it would be, I've tried multiple times finding the perfect neighborhood, as I often use custom hoods, and then creating the sims especially with all the cc I use! My favorite maxis neighborhood has to be Pleasantview for the amazing stories I can come up with with the pre-mades and Belladonna Cove for the looks and amount of community lots. I like to use tumblr for cc and I love the 4-2 conversions of stealthic's hair that have been re-textured to match the maxis hairs, they just look so cool. ModTheSims is always a great site along with Garden Of Shadows. I find the ACR mod (I believe that's what it's called) is a must for me. It includes a lot with romance mainly including more autonomous romance interactions. I love the look of lighting mods but I've never tried one as I don't have a very good computer and I'm worried it will slow my game too much. The cheats I use are mainly for building. I use boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotaion true which allows objects to rotate at 45 degrees and move_objects on for mainly being able to have more things on the wall, it goes well with setquartertileplacement on which allows more frreedom in placing objects. boolprop snapobjectstogrid true is amazing to add clutter and move objects off the grid. I find myself using maxmotives a few times which I really wish I don't use. I hope you have fun with TS2 it truly is a great game :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    My fav downloads were from mts and I loved the Maxis Match options. I loved having matching windows and a sofa to match the chairs or vice versa.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I love everything about sims2. Back in those days EA couldn't make mistakes (except for bugs, but the games themselves were perfect.)

My top 3
    Running a business...
    Creating a couple and watching them multiply and grow...
    User made challenges like Land Rich Cash Poor or the Royal Kingdom Challenge

I like snapdragons - mood-raising flowers from the flower craft bench because the game is more fun when you don't have to watch motives.
    CC from Modthesims
    Sending teens to college, weather, pets, magic,
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    It's been ages but here's what I recall...

My favorite neighborhood was a remake of Veronaville, but I spent most of my time in Belladonna Cove once it was added. I believe the lots I didn't build I got from ehaught58 on the Sims 2 exchange but it's been years so it could have been a different creator. I also really liked Black0rchid's lots.

CC wise, I had AroundtheSims stuff in my game for 1,2 and until I started sharing lots while playing 3.
    I also loved Adele's style her stuff can still be found: ModtheSims and sims2graveyard.com and Lethe_s had great effects.

I spent most of my time either playing a sim at University or running a business. I made a few neighboorhood maps using SimsCity but I always went back to veronaville, I even used it as the map for my University campus. I liked visiting the beach, but the hotels need a little work to be playable without errors. I remember once it took 10 sim hours for my sims to be served while sitting in the restaurant. Witches were more fun in 2, I liked vising the hidden lots. I used the Functional Carnival Set to make a boardwalk.

My go to for CC hair was Nouk and makeup ZombieJill and I used Navetsea;s skins, there is a barbie version on MTS but I used the version on the site I'm sure I can't mention on this forum.

Mod wise, I usually just used insim,and fixes by paladin. I used a few 'less' tuning mods when sims seemed too obsessed with things, as I recall bird watching and sandcastle building, and running to the window to look at the rain were the big ones.

That's all I can think of right now.

• SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    What I enjoy doing in The Sims 2 is going to the restaurants. I really think they were the best in Sims 2. (Oh, you need Nightlife for restaurants, unless you have Ultimate Collection, like me.)
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • MyaMya Posts: 68 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    What I enjoy doing in The Sims 2 is going to the restaurants. I really think they were the best in Sims 2. (Oh, you need Nightlife for restaurants, unless you have Ultimate Collection, like me.)

I agree with this because its like going out as a family and ordering food and having some family time. :)
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    ice skating,eating cheesecake,making teens take their little siblings roller skating and i love the apartments :) so much more.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,583 Member
    Oh,... I really enjoy Open for Business. I like making different kinds and having different families with different shops... It was fun to build the town around them all. :mrgreen:
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    Omg i just now found out they can go on a real honeymoon lol i am so late !
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've loved Sims 2 for such a long time and it's great to finally have my old favorite back and I'll have to get my files from my old computer and import them to this one.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    There are several things I like doing, but I'll mention only one since it hasn't been mentioned yet. I like building cemeteries and having sims own them as businesses. Every time a sim dies, a family member or roommate will invite the owner over and give them the graves. The owner then takes the graves to the cemeteries so my other sims can visit them. One of my favourite ghosts is a sim and his ghost-dog. When they appear, he'll throw sticks for his ghost dog and they do all sorts of of other activities with his dog. My sims who like to see ghosts love to hang out there. The trick is to include showers on these lots ;)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Lots of Family Play perfect for Legacies !

There was a whole lot to do as well
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Ah, sorry to re-awaken a thread , but ''stretchskeleton'' is amazing, you can even use it on pets. Heh
    23rif7.gif
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    My favorite thing to do is building. I like to make or make over lots.

My favorite cheat is probably setquartertileplacement true.

CC I can't live without is mostly Fakepeeps, Sentate, and other maxis-match / age converted clothing. Though I like my skins and hairs a little shinier. (Can't stand the Maxis colors on red and blonde.)

My favorite mod has to be either macrostatics (Garden until you drop!) or the new plumbbobkeep crops and animals, which I plan to use to set up a totally agricultural, career-less hood one of these days.

One of my favorite things to do while playing sims is have them roam downtown or businesses and try out things like dance spheres, bowling, the marshmallow roaster, etc. (P.U.R.E. should have burned down by now with all those marshmallow things...)

A few favorite original lots are: Bernard's Botanical Dining, (I've dolled it up considerably,) the Curious House (telescopes FTW?), and the Deh-Javu art museum.

My favorite neighborhood is Riverblossom Hills. (I'm from the midwest, with a few tweaks it looks like home.)

As far as advice goes, turn off aging for a bit and play with all the weird little things, like hobbies, influence, group outings, parties, home businesses... And then make a bunch of sims with wildly varying personalities, and discover completely new things. :)

After that, go scouring the community and wider internet for challenges and mini challenges, we've made probably a good hundred over the years. (Some are hard to find because they keep getting rolled into the most popular challenges - I've seldom seen a Career Hunter Challenge outside of a Legacy or OWBC, for example, but it could totally be it's own sub challenge. Actually, an apocalypse technically fills all it's requirements...)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Sometimes I play with single female. The goal isn't always about getting a male partner. Living as long as possible. Using as few cheats as possible.