Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've just finished building a new house I'm going to use for my baby challenge! The house ended up being 50,000 simoleons, and it is available on the gallery! :)

11jn29d.png
    Here's the front of the house, I used my favorite paneling that I use on every house!

2encnev.png
    Here's the living and dining room, these dining chairs and table are my favorite!

13zx16q.png
    Here's another view of the dining room, with the stairs to the basement in the background. The basement is for putting pictures of the kids in as well as their birth certificates, so I can remember each and every one of them!

2nsrj2s.png
    Here's Phoebe's bedroom, it doesn't have much, but she doesn't need much!

2af89h.png
    Here's the bathroom, it's the only one in the house, so I put a toddler potty in there for potty training!

elcolj.png
    This is the kitchen, it's pretty basic and cheap, but it's fits perfectly with the house!

szyl94.png
    This is the toddler and kid room, with all of my favorite toddler items!

bgcw07.png
    Here's the study, where Phoebe will spend most of her time painting and writing books!

2lj49r6.png
    And finally here's the backyard, with plenty of planter boxes for Phoebe to garden!!

I hope you enjoyed the house tour, stay tuned for more about Phoebe and her crazy family!! :)
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Today I got the father glitch again and I tried adding him in a group (sorry don't remember who suggested it) and it totally worked! I finally got the option to ask him to leave and he left!
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    Does anyone else have a problem/glitchy game when it's time for the teens/kids to go to school? Whenever they have to leave for school my game lags and freezes a lot and I can't click on anything. It fixes itself after they are all gone to school but before that it's a nightmare.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The fathers barging into the house uninvited is what gave me so many headaches. I tried grouping and asking them to leave, but often they just came right back. I also don't like how you always get spammed so much with romantic actions in TS4. I could understand the romance spam for a new relationship...but not for something that was just a one nighter or a relationship that's been going on for awhile.
  • CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    What I noticed is that if you talk to the baby daddy and you tell him you just want to be friends he doesn't do the annoying visiting glitch. Has this worked for anyone else?
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    What I noticed is that if you talk to the baby daddy and you tell him you just want to be friends he doesn't do the annoying visiting glitch. Has this worked for anyone else?

Ohh.. there's an idea! I always forget they put that interaction in.
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm so sorry you guys are affected by this glitch so much :disappointed: They really need to fix this. An alternative to asking to just be friends or grouping would be to send them home with mc cheats, they do turn up again after a while but it takes pretty long and it's a simple two-click thing to send them back away. A patch is desperately needed for this.

@Eminik I don't have this issue or have ever heard of it before. You should post in the help forum here or check out if there's a thread about it in that other place where they post bugs... Ask HQ or something like that?
    @XDJSIMMERX I already told you how lovely your house turned out but I'm just going to repeat it here :smile:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Erica87 I've never thought of posting in other forums about glitches xD. I'll try that, thanks!

Edit: Checked the forums, lots of people are having this glitch I guess. Nothing we can do but wait it out...:/
    Post edited by Eminik on
  • RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    I've tried the just be friends, making them enemies and a few other social interactions and none worked for me personally.
  • RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    Also instead of playing lately I've got them a nice house now but still in the process of decorating it.
  • AllisonvilleAllisonville Posts: 4 New Member
    I guess I'm in the minority, I don't mind the father glitch. I just put them to work skilling up their toddler. That makes them useful and keeps them out of my hair, win-win. :) But it doesn't happen to me with every father, I'm sure that if it did then it would be more annoying.

Actually, I'm wondering if it's only the fathers that live in the same neighborhood? I've had probably 8 pregnancies and only 2 fathers have shown up and made themselves at home. Both lived in the same neighborhood as my sim. Coincidence?
    I guess I'm in the minority, I don't mind the father glitch. I just put them to work skilling up their toddler. That makes them useful and keeps them out of my hair, win-win. :) But it doesn't happen to me with every father, I'm sure that if it did then it would be more annoying.

Actually, I'm wondering if it's only the fathers that live in the same neighborhood? I've had probably 8 pregnancies and only 2 fathers have shown up and made themselves at home. Both lived in the same neighborhood as my sim. Coincidence?

You are not alone, but we are in the minority.
    Is anyone else tired of making cakes? XD Honestly if I wasn't micromanaging everyone they would eat only that. We have so much cake in this household. As it is they ended up spoiling and I throw them away.
    If I had the displays I would use one for the cake and put it in a locked door. Would that work? Or it's like the fridge that even if you have more the one the food is shared?

• TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Mareviola Making all those cakes a a real drag! What I do is I bake a new one for every birthday, unless it's for twins, triplets or any sims having the same birthday. Then as soon as they aged up I pause the game and throw the cake in the money making trash can. At least they don't go to waste that way.
    What?! Guys, once your first birthday sim has aged up quickly tell them to add birthday candles to the cake again, then you can reuse it or place it in the fridge for a later day without the sims eating it. I've been using the same strawberry cake for my first few birthdays and only when the triplets aged up to adults they got different ones that they were actually allowed to eat :smiley:

Also, if your sims eat cake all the time they'll gain a lot of weight too!
  • SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member

I try that and all it did was make him angry and then sad. He still didn't go away.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
    edited January 2017
    Erica87 wrote: »
    What?! Guys, once your first birthday sim has aged up quickly tell them to add birthday candles to the cake again, then you can reuse it or place it in the fridge for a later day without the sims eating it. I've been using the same strawberry cake for my first few birthdays and only when the triplets aged up to adults they got different ones that they were actually allowed to eat :smiley:

Also, if your sims eat cake all the time they'll gain a lot of weight too!

yeah that's what I would like to do but as soon as I don't micromanage they go get a piece and I can't reuse it so I have to bake a new one! That's why I would like to locked it somewhere but I can't do it with the fridge and outside the fridge won't last! If only my sim had the cooking trait that doesn't let food get spoiled! Unfortunately you need to go to work for that :disappointed: XD

can you add the candles and then get it in the fridge? Do sims not eat it that way?

Also I had two fathers show up, I manage to send one away with adding in to a group but no the second!
    Post edited by Mareviola on

I just tried adding the candle and putting it in the fridge and it totally worked!! Thank you @Erica87 !! Finally I won't go crazy with the cakes! I'll use them until they spoil and then throw'em away! :smiley:

Yes, you can add the candles and then put it in the fridge :smiley: It's incredible, I feel like that's such a basic thing and completely forgot that people might not know about it. I could add a small tips and tricks section to the first post where we can add more things like that to help out people who are new to the challenge, what does everyone thing about that? (@Rawla, @SuzieSocks)
  • CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    Yes, you can add the candles and then put it in the fridge :smiley: It's incredible, I feel like that's such a basic thing and completely forgot that people might not know about it. I could add a small tips and tricks section to the first post where we can add more things like that to help out people who are new to the challenge, what does everyone thing about that? (@Rawla, @SuzieSocks)

yeah i did that when i had to age up a few people, i was so surprised it worked!
    Yes. that I was I do with the cakes. I immediately have the sim add candles back to the cake to reuse at a later time, then put it back in the fridge. Once it has candles, they don't touch it. It lasts for several days, and the sims don't get fat from eating a bunch of cake.

Also another tip, if you have your sim bake a cake, make sure she isn't hungry when she is cooking/baking, because if she is, and you aren't watching her like a hawk, she WILL take a slice. Otherwise, she will just place it on the counter... and then if another sim is hungry, they will come take a slice.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    One of my Sims just had two sets of triplets in a row, so I'm wondering if this is just an freakish roll of the dice, or if the multiple births glitch is back. She wasn't using any fertility boosts, and while I use MCC mod, I didn't do anything to influence the odds. I'm wondering if the mod might be glitching though. I use the risky woohoo setting, so the sim wasn't even trying to get pregnant. lol.

Sorry for the slightly off topic post, but I thought it was worth posting here. If it is an MCC issue, people might want to remove that mod so that it won't artificially influence the challenge. I'm going to try to test further. Prior to this, I've only had triplets in my games once or twice, total. Twice in a row is just bizarre. If it's a wider issue, I'll try to follow up in another post.

Fizzstix wrote: »
    Yes. that I was I do with the cakes. I immediately have the sim add candles back to the cake to reuse at a later time, then put it back in the fridge. Once it has candles, they don't touch it. It lasts for several days, and the sims don't get fat from eating a bunch of cake.

Also another tip, if you have your sim bake a cake, make sure she isn't hungry when she is cooking/baking, because if she is, and you aren't watching her like a hawk, she WILL take a slice. Otherwise, she will just place it on the counter... and then if another sim is hungry, they will come take a slice.

Yesss! That happened to me a couple of time and what's worse is that she doesn't even put it down before taking it! She took it out of the oven and before put it on the counter she took the slice! I was like "B**** you didn't!"

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

A tips/tricks/did you know, section would be awesome.

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    meubanks wrote: »
    One of my Sims just had two sets of triplets in a row, so I'm wondering if this is just an freakish roll of the dice, or if the multiple births glitch is back. She wasn't using any fertility boosts, and while I use MCC mod, I didn't do anything to influence the odds. I'm wondering if the mod might be glitching though. I use the risky woohoo setting, so the sim wasn't even trying to get pregnant. lol.

Sorry for the slightly off topic post, but I thought it was worth posting here. If it is an MCC issue, people might want to remove that mod so that it won't artificially influence the challenge. I'm going to try to test further. Prior to this, I've only had triplets in my games once or twice, total. Twice in a row is just bizarre. If it's a wider issue, I'll try to follow up in another post.

Do you have the lot trait that encourages multiples? If not, it still could be coincidence. Stranger things have happened. xD