Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Vampire Legacy Challenge [UPDATED: 29/1]

KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
The Vampire Legacy Challenge

Grow your Vampire's Family over 5 generations, turning as many Sims as you can and founding as many new covens as possible. What legacy will your Vampire leave? Will those in your vampire's bloodline value tradition and honour, strength and dominance over others, or will they live amongst the human Sims in peace with both their neighbours and their powers.

2nv7xxi.png

To Start
  • Begin with your Vampire
  • And a young adult human sim/Feeder Sim/On Tap Food Source - who will serve as a marker for the passing of the first generation (See 'Marking the Generations' for alternative options/rules)
  • Move your Vampire and Human Sim into any lot (Money cheats are fine if you want an easier challenge)
  • Turn Auto Aging on for the Active Household (Normal Length) or see ' Marking the Generations' for alternative options.

Marking the Generations

You may mark the passing of a generation in one of two ways.

Options:

1.Young Adult Sim/Feeder
  • A generation passes each time a YA Sim/Feeder has aged from a Young Adult to an Elder
  • Upon reaching the Elder Life Stage, Feeders MUST be replaced by a new YA Sim/feeder.
  • New Feeders must be Young Adults
  • Your Original Vampire must obtain enough Aspiration Points every generation to supply the new feeders with a youth potion to ensure that they start the Young Adult lifestage from the start (20 days until Aging Up).
  • Feeders may be turned into a Vampire and added to the bloodline - as a consequence though, a new feeder in the same life stage (Young Adult or Adult) must replace them immediately and be given a Youth Potion to ensure that they start that life stage from the beginning
  • Feeders that reach the Elder life stage may be turned into a vampire without consequence (Eternal life can be their reward spending the best years of their life donating plasma :wink:)
  • Feeders may fulfil any role in your Active family
  • You can lock them in a room with the bare necessities and enjoy a handy snack as pleases, give them free reign of the house as an esteemed position of privilege that is to be respected, send them to work to contribute to the growing wealth of your Vampiric Family or turn them into a willing servant to wait on your vampires hand, foot and teeth :wink:

2. A Family in Game
  • Selected a family living in any world
  • Mark a generation each time a designated sim ages from YA to Elder
  • Or until a toddler added via Household Management ages up to YA
  • This option has not been playtested - so it is a little riskier
  • Alternatively you could simply have a single YA sim you leave in game and check on to see when they become an elder and add a new YA sim to the household once they reach elder hood.

The Rules
  • Because this is a Challenge focused on a Vampire's bloodline, human Sims are not allowed to live with the active household unless they are serving as a Marker of the Generations/Feeder Sim.
  • T he whole point is to grow your Vampire's bloodline by turning sims
  • Your Vampire must reach Vampiric Rank Minor/No. 3 and reach level 7 in the Vampire Lore Skill before turning their first sim and inviting them into the active household
  • New Vampire's must reach Vampiric Rank Minor + a half/No 2.5 before your original Vampire can turn another sim and invite them into the active household
  • Other Vampire's in the active household may turn sims, but the same rules as above apply NOTE: you get less points for doing this.
  • You may start a new coven/household of vampires as soon as a turned sim reaches Vampiric Rank Master/No. 4 (Move them out of the active household via Household Management)
  • Existing Covens/Households must have 5 vampire's in residence before a new Coven can be started.
  • Vampires that have reached rank 2.5/Minor may move out to an existing Coven/Household in there is a space available

NOTE: Creating and growing New Covens/Household is essential to the success of this challenge. New Covens/Households do not have to take up room in your world. You may move them into 'Not in World' if you'd prefer.

The Rules cont.
  • Vampire's are forbidden from 'Trying for a Baby' with Human sims
  • Vampire's that break this rule - proven by the birth of a child - must be cast out of the active household and the child removed from both parents and forced to join the active household to replace the vampire cast out.
  • Vampire's can have children with each other but (as a penalty - the child must become a teenager and reach Vampiric Rank Minor.5/ No. 2.5 before a new sim can be turned and invited into the active household)
  • Vampire's may contribute to the Household Funds in anyway (Good luck with 9-5 jobs :lol: I officially suggest your vampires take up writing, gardening or painting)
  • Aging must be turned off if you want to muck around with another household while playing this challenge and turned back on when you return to your challenge household
  • Your Original Vampire may step down from their role and another of your choosing take their place, or force Your Original Vampire to retire after reaching Vampiric Rank no. 4 and challenging your Original Vampire to a 'Mean Spar' that they win.

Mini Challenges

Vampire's live a thousand lifetimes, here are mini challenges to last a lifetime.

Master Painter
  • Have a Vampire Reach level 10 in the Painting Skill & Complete the Painting Extraordinair Aspiration
  • Hang 5 Masterpieces from your Vampire sim in the museum for the generations to marvel at

+20 For completing this Mini Challenge

Chronicle For The Ages
  • Have a vampire turned by your Original Vampire reach the top of the writing skill & complete the 'Best Selling Author' aspiration
  • Have this sim write 'The Book of Life' for your Original Vampire and give the book to them

+30 For completing this mini challenge

A Vampire Master
Regardless - Have a ton of fun with this challenge and let me know how it goes!!!

Points + Challenge Scoring:

+10 for every Vampire Turned by your Sire Vampire
+5 for every Vampire turned by a Vampire other than your Sire Vampire
-50 for every Vampire kicked out of the family (Relations with Humans resulting in pregnancy)
-50 for every Vampire that dies while in the active household (Burning in the Sun, Starvation Etc.)
-20 if your Feeder dies before they reach Elder hood
-10 for every Feeder turned into a Vampire
+100 for every Coven created
+200 for every Coven with 7 or More Vampiric Members
+100 for every Generation Completed
Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
Post edited by Kamio on

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited January 2017
    Additional Challenge Ideas
    • Create Clans via 'Get Together' Club System
    • Create a club of 'Pets' for your Vampires - a group of sims who willing give their plasma to vamps
    • Rival Clans who spar constantly
    • A Vampire Hunter to reduce the vamps in town upon completion of this challenge
    Post edited by Kamio on
    Reserved!
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    This sounds like a really interesting challenge! I was looking for something to do with the vampire game pack and I think I'm actually going to start this, counting points and all. One question though, does the sire have to be male? I mean, the name would imply it but I thought I'd ask anyway.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
    @Erica87 - Yay!!! I look forward to hearing how you go and the sire can be either gender. It doesn't matter. Is there a female version for sire? I didn't realise Sire was gendered. Whoops!

I've already created my sim for this challenge and she is a female :smiley:
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Ohh, how exciting! I'm still reading over the rules/may have questions, but since I'm pretty much going to be playing on a new PC due to a technical issue on my other one; I figure this would be perfect to start over with. (still reading), but this totally gave me an idea for a little "background story". Eep I can't wait! Thanks for creating this, @Kamio.
    @OneAdorkableGirl - Ha! I love your username!!! Omg, I laughed so hard. It is super cute :blush:

And I love when I get inspiration. I really struggled to come up with a compelling story I wanted to tell with the new vampires pack. I love challenges so this was a great jumping off point for me to structure what I wanted to do :smile:
    @Kamio - Aw! Thanks so much, glad you like it, hehe.

I love getting inspiration too; it doesn't happen too much because I get "blocked", but I definitely think Challenges help with blockage because I was struggling with an idea as well for the Vampires pack. Wasn't sure what to do. But you have my ideas flowing so much right now! :) I can't wait for Tuesday! But this gives me time to create the Sims I need.

I did have a question... this is gonna sound weird. :/ Would.. I be able to "bend" the rules slightly.. by adding Two Sires? (It's honestly just for the story part.. and If that's against the rules, I can still just use the one Sire for siring others and just use the other to help tell the story that I'm jotting down right now). :) I'm really bad at keeping up with points, I've never really used the point systems in challenges before.

But I stick to the rules of no cheating, no making it easier, etc, etc. Which is why the second Sire isn't really for creating vampires, so it wouldn't be helping my challenge, actually feel like it would make it harder. D: lol
    @OneAdorkableGirl - Go for it! Bend the rules however you'd like :smile:

I think customizing challenges to suit you is what makes them so great. I always break the rules in challenges. Hahahaha!
    @Kamio - Awesome! Thanks and I couldn't agree more. :) Lol! It does get tempting sometimes.. especially when everything is chaotic, but that is just what's so fun about challenges. This one won't be any different. Bring on the Chaos! >:)
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    edited January 2017
    Uhm, I might just be predisposed to sire being male because I'm a horse lover. In the horse world the male parent (stallion) of a foal is called the sire, meanwhile the female parent (mare) is called the dam. So apologies if my post confused you, I'm just so used to the word being gendered :smiley: I think I'm going to move my vampiric family into a 'shell' with only the necessities. Then I'll have them make money to furnish the house. I always prefer that over giving sims everything from the start, this way it feels like they achieve something :smile: I also thought of the story that my vampire family will have a feud with Vlad and eventually they'll find a way to cast him out of the community and take over his house at the top of the hill. Because I just feel like that would fit the theme :lol:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
    edited January 2017
    @Erica87 - Ah true! Can you tell I didn't have horses growing up? Hahaha! It actually makes a ton of sense. I was applying a sire in the Vampire Diaries sense which I don't think was gendered. Hahahahha. The things you learn :lol:
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Uhm, I might just be predisposed to sire being male because I'm a horse lover. In the horse world the male parent (stallion) of a foal is called the sire, meanwhile the female parent (mare) is called the dam. So apologies if my post confused you, I'm just so used to the word being gendered :smiley: I think I'm going to move my vampiric family into a 'shell' with only the necessities. Then I'll have them make money to furnish the house. I always prefer that over giving sims everything from the start, this way it feels like they achieve something :smile: I also thought of the story that my vampire family will have a feud with Vlad and eventually they'll find a way to cast him out of the community and take over his house at the top of the hill. Because I just feel like that would fit the theme :lol:
    @Erica87
    You are quite correct in relation to the Sire horse being male. Sometime in the fight for equality in the Vampiric world the term Sire became unisex.
    "One's Sire is the Vampire that turned them. A new kind of parent for them, to teach them the new ways of the world.
    Can be male or female and work in the same sense as human lineage.
    So the Sire of your Sire, would be your Grand-Sire."
    I updated the challenge! Woo!!! I can't wait to start this challenge!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm looking forward to trying this challenge today, but I have a question about creating covens. Two of the rules state:
    You may start a new coven/household of vampires as soon as a turned sim reaches Vampiric Rank Master/No. 4 (Move them out of the active household via Household Management)

Existing Covens/Households must have 5 vampire's in residence before a new Coven can be started.

Say I have 3 turned vampires in my household, and one is a level 4 and the other two are only level 1 and 2. Can I move all three out to a new house/coven or do I have to wait until I have 5 vampires, all ranked at level 4? Or could I move the 1 vampire that is level 4 out and move each other vampire out as they level to 4?
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited January 2017
    You need 1 Vampire at level 4 and the others should be level 2 before you move them out :smiley:

EDIT: Thanks for commenting, just to clarify you don't need five sims before you can start a new coven of vampires. You just need One Vampire on level 4. The new coven needs five Vampire sims (level 2 or greater) in it before you can start a new coven with a different Vamp sim who has level 4.
    Updated again to better reflect gameplay testing of 'tis challenge :smiley:
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Hey y'all...sorry if it seems like I'm on like overload...I'm just really excited. I started playing the Sims when TS3 came out and I have all the expansion/stuff packs (except spooky stuff), but I am knew to the forum. I normally search the forums whenever I have a problem...hence my current presence here lol. I tried to use a mod for the first time so that the members of my legacy family would move out and automatically live their lives and get married, have kids...or not, but long story short my sims stopped working, I'm reinstalling as we speak and I have to start over...which has me looking for new legacy challenges and this one sounds so fun.

I am thinking I will just start off with one vampire and make him have to "seduce" some unsuspecting human sim with his/her vampire powers.
  • staciepandastaciepanda Posts: 20 Member
    This sounds like an awesome challenge! Has anyone got any links to videos or blogs of them doing this challenge? I love watching how other people do them. I honestly can't wait to get started, thinking of adding a bit of a twilight feel to it but also the coven idea reminds me of American Horror Story so may have to include that somehow.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Kamio
    A generation passes each time a YA Sim/Feeder has aged from a Young Adult to an Elder
    I really like this idea and will be using it in other gameplay challenges.
    My last Vampire save met with a few frustrating issues. I ended up setting aside my Vampire saves for the moment. The "Handyman stuck at the mailbox" raised it ugly head.
  • AmberGamingAmberGaming Posts: 2 New Member
    Just started the challenge! can't wait for the fun adventures i will habe in it!
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    Definitely going to be doing this.
    I have a bad habit of not continuing save files and just remaking sims, playing them for a few days and deleting them. So I'm going to try this and see how long I can go.

I love the portrait of all the Maxis vampires, by the way.
  • pupshadow22pupshadow22 Posts: 43 Member
    might give it a try
  • Janellybean1019Janellybean1019 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love this challenge... I of corse cheat w money but playing for a bit now and finally have a 3rd coven started biting all except one that was already a vampire.... It's very challenging. I also just completed a mini challenge for the painter extraordinaire. 3rd generation almost completed this is a pretty kool challenge
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Um, I'm doing mine a different way, in which the town is populated with one 10 generation vampire family. Can I do that?