Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Tamaek wrote: »
    Well over the last few weeks I've managed to accumulate just over 50 simpoints. Yeah, amazing I know. Anyway that was enough to gift a little bit which makes me super happy! o:) So I hope you guys enjoy and sorry to everyone else. I can't afford anything on your wishlists right now but I haven't forgotten any of you!

@Tamaek thank you so so so much!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    I need to buy more sp. It's been a long time. And, I have things I want, worlds I do not have LOL
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

Kitiara wrote: »
    I need to buy more sp. It's been a long time. And, I have things I want, worlds I do not have LOL

@Kitiara :sob: I've spent so much on simpoints (roughly around 100 USD), so I refuse to spend anymore lol. I was way too eager to blast my paycheck just like that. Which choice are you thinking of buying? Surprisingly enough, the 160 dollar bundle is the best deal (in regards to dividing the total cost by the amount of simpoints you receive) but I was too broke to ever buy that one :joy:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tamaek wrote: »
    Well over the last few weeks I've managed to accumulate just over 50 simpoints. Yeah, amazing I know. Anyway that was enough to gift a little bit which makes me super happy! o:) So I hope you guys enjoy and sorry to everyone else. I can't afford anything on your wishlists right now but I haven't forgotten any of you!

Thank you for the gift, @Tamaek! I feel honoured that you chose me as one of the people to spend your hard earned sp on :blush:

Updated my top 5 :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Hey everyone! This is super cool. I'm happy this is still running. i didn't know how any of these things worked :open_mouth: I really like items that make some aspects of game-play different, like faster toddler skills, talking to the grim reaper etc, it was super hard picking just 5 items I like
    Okay, so my top 5 are
    Sunlit Tides
    Midnight Hallow
    Tiny Prodigies Early Learning.
    Grim's Ghastly Manor
    Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles

Hello, @NerdyMcNerdPants, and welcome to the gifting directory!

I see that you have mostly sets in your wishlist as well as in your top 5. While it's possible people may gift you entire sets, venues and worlds they're more likely to gift you something smaller like a hairstyle or a chair. If you're eligible for CYS ("complete your set"-discount) on a certain set, it might be a wise idea to put some pieces that you don't own from this set in your wishlist rather than the entire set. This way, you're more likely to be gifted items and you don't have to spend as much sp either when completing your sets! Everybody wins! :mrgreen:

Also, if you like kids/toddlers stuff, this thread contains information on how to get the sets "Kids! 2010" and "Tip Top Toddler Collection" for only 400 sp! This includes "Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing", a swing that keeps your sim-babies and toddlers happy just by swinging in it (this was a life saver when I happened to have two toddlers and three babies in my game at the same time)!
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited January 2017
    Omg y'all, I'm going to cry! I got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection after two attempts! :relaxed:

I was planning on buying all the packs on Amazon/eBay after attempting about a month ago, over the phone, and being told I can't without a physical copy of any TS2 games and because the promotion was over.

After seeing that folks were STILL getting the collection for free on this forum community, I thought I'd give it another shot. I took it upon myself to seek a video on how to approach an advisor because I struggle with anxiety. I was so nervous as I waited for the live chat to happen. I was so scared of being told "no".

The first try was a semi let down, because they told me it was impossible for them generate another code without me owning a copy with a code (which I called bologna on) and out of sympathy that they couldn't help me and the fact that I was super nice, they gave a 15% discount promo code for my next purchase, which I gladly took! At least I got a little something out of it, eh? :wink:

The second try was excellent! The advisor had some technical difficulties but nevertheless, asked for my email and told me I should have it on my origin once I log in. I wanted to do backflips and travel to the moon because I was so ecstatic! I'm still in disbelief :no_mouth: Like, I don't have to spend a whopping amount of my money on these packs individually like I was planning on shortly after registering missing *new* Sims 3 codes (since you can't download/register used codes on Origin or TS3 site). That relieves me to know that all I have left to get is The Sims Complete Collection, The Sims Life/Castaway/Pets Stories, and I'll be set! :heart::love:

(Don't wanna make thread laggy but click here to grace your eyes on what mine are on here). Less than 20 minutes away from downloading it! :love:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 That's awesome! I didn't know there was a thing as the Sims 2 Ultimate (I actually had to google it :expressionless:), but I think I'll look into it now that I know such a thing exist :smiley:
    I can't say I've played all the Sims Stories (even though I have all of them at home), but the one I played (Castaway) I personally thought was quite fun with that really silly, Sims 2 humour :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @Nomiko13 That's awesome! I didn't know there was a thing as the Sims 2 Ultimate (I actually had to google it :expressionless:), but I think I'll look into it now that I know such a thing exist :smiley:
    I can't say I've played all the Sims Stories (even though I have all of them at home), but the one I played (Castaway) I personally thought was quite fun with that really silly, Sims 2 humour :wink:

@LillaGrisen Yep! Sometime in 2014, Origin gave away promotional codes for TS2 for free but I was discouraged from pursuing it after failing some months back. The UL has ALL expansions and stuff packs. You should totally look into it trying to receive it for free. It took me two attempts that was well worth it.

I haven't played a single story yet, however, I've played The Sims 2: Castaway on Nintendo DS and Wii , conquering both. :heart: So sad my DS game won't work anymore and my Wii game is lost :pensive: So, I can't wait to get my hands on The Castaway Story game :blush:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Nomiko13
    AWWW that's so exciting! Had you played it before? Send pics PLEASE xD
    23rif7.gif
    Well, I just tried contacting EA customer support via live chat and they were... less than helpful, so to speak.
    I asked them about TS2:UC and they said something along the lines: "Sorry, that game isn't available digitally anymore". I then told them that I had heard from people that claimed there was and had received one as late as within the last couple of days and the answer to that was something (again) along the lines: "Sorry, that game isn't available digitally anymore."

I am so plum at EA right now :angry:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen Yeah, annoyingly enough. You have to wait and get a kind advisor. It all depends on them. Keep trying. You'll get a nice one!!
    23rif7.gif
    @AuzzPanda Yeah, I'll try again later for sure, but I think it'll have to be another day when my anxiety has died down :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • NerdyMcNerdPantsNerdyMcNerdPants Posts: 49 Member
    @LillaGrisen Thanks for all the advice! I guess they are very upmarket but maybe I might be lucky! ;) hehe. You never know. I really appreciate thus community! Everyone is so nice.
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyMcNerdPants
    edited January 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    I haven't played a single story yet, however, I've played The Sims 2: Castaway on Nintendo DS and Wii , conquering both. :heart: So sad my DS game won't work anymore and my Wii game is lost :pensive: So, I can't wait to get my hands on The Castaway Story game :blush:

Thanks to you I'm now installing the rest of my Stories games :lol:

On another note, it's nice to see that someone else has played Castaway! I unfortunately lost my DS game (Which makes me sad; I loved running around squashing bugs and spearfishing :blush:), but I think I still have the PS2 version somewhere. :smile:

Edit: Wow, just booted up Life Stories. I just realised how long it's been since I last played a Sims 2-style game. Now I'm eager to get back to Sims 2! The nostalgia is real! :love:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen
    Awww yey. I wish I was able to get my hands on Castaway and life stories.. Have fun and SEND SCREENSHOTS

Hope you feel better soon : )
    23rif7.gif
    edited January 2017
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @Nomiko13
    AWWW that's so exciting! Had you played it before? Send pics PLEASE xD

@AuzzPanda It took some time to figure out since there's no screenshot folder, the captured images pop up in the storytelling folder and I can't seem to find my other several images I took anywhere. Plus, the image was bitmap so I couldn't upload it initially so I had to edit it in paint to change the file type. Anyways, here's the only scrrenshot I found lol

sims_210.jpg

I moved my sims into an apartment :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @LillaGrisen I'm so sorry that happened to you. Ugh! Idk why some advisors are so stubborn like that and blatantly lie, talking about, "It isn't available anymore". What a load of baloney. They just didn't feel like doing it for you. :rage: Reminds of that first advisor who tried to tell me it's "impossible" to generate a code without me owning a physical copy WITH a code right next to me. Like??? I'm no fool. They just didn't feel like doing it. Simple as that. I hope you left a negative review afterwards, because I did after that first advisor lol. I hope you try to persevere later when you calm down. :heart:

But I'm glad you're playing your story games! :relaxed:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Kitiara wrote: »

@Kitiara :sob: I've spent so much on simpoints (roughly around 100 USD), so I refuse to spend anymore lol. I was way too eager to blast my paycheck just like that. Which choice are you thinking of buying? Surprisingly enough, the 160 dollar bundle is the best deal (in regards to dividing the total cost by the amount of simpoints you receive) but I was too broke to ever buy that one :joy:

Monte Vista is my first choice. Then I also need Barnacle Bay, Lunar Lakes, and Lucky Palms. Then all my worlds will be complete. Then I have a few other things I want (EP)
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

@Nomiko13 You better believe I left a negative review :naughty: It wasn't a nice experience. It kind of felt like they had the attitude of "Please go bother someone else." I believe "scheme" was the word used to describe this conspiracy of aquiring TS2:UC for free so long after the promotion was over (like seriously, "scheme"?) :lol:

With that said, playing Life Stories reminded me of the stuff that I missed from TS2 when I first started playing TS3. I miss the one sided relationships (like seriously, why did they take that away? Wasn't half the fun trying to find interactions that didn't make the other sim hate your sim?), I miss how they look at the player when they desperately need something and I miss the comical reaction and animations. In truth, playing a TS2-styled game makes me feel like TS3 is just a plummed down version of TS2. Don't get me wrong, I love TS3, but if it weren't for most of the mods I use it would probably be quite a mediocre, open-world game riddled with bugs.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen yikes smh, that's not okay at all. A friend of mine who works for EA told me it's forbidden to give out the UL anymore past the promotional date, which I think is a load of baloney. Like, what's the harm in it? Y'all was giving it out for free anyway? Besides, the full collection is SUPER expensive now. You'll be spending a good couple hundreds of dollars, but also depends on the seller. Some people are selling single packs for as high as 200 dollars :mask::expressionless: Yeah, like, I don't have money to blow like that. I get a pack depending on my paychecks lol or wait until Black Friday sales.

And haha, that's fine! Glad you let off steam. It's a healthy practice. :star:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • KarnzterKarnzter Posts: 105 Member
    O hai. Just checkin' in to see how everyone's doing. I've done a few rounds of gift-giving a few days ago. Hope you guys received it swimmingly ;)

*Poofs, disappears into thin air*
    I'm in your Top 5s and Wishlists. Gifting you pretty stuff ;)

Proud complete Store catalogue owner since 2023 🎉

TS3 MyPage | Ursine family tree, currently four generations in
  • MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    edited September 2017
    It's been a long time since I played Sims 3 and just recently got into it again!

I have a couple of sets I almost completed, so I thought I'd give it a try:

1. Andrea's Tiki Bar
    2. Micro Grotto Hot Tub
    3. Guardian Fence
    4. Guardian Gate
    5. Laganaphyllis Simnovorii

Thank you in advance! My username on the other website is MangAnimeJe, in case you need it.
    Post edited by MangAnimeJe on
    @Karnzter I'm doing excellent so far :) and that was nice of you!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Kitiara Monte Vista is quite nice :) I bought a brand new copy of Monte Vista off Amazon and a Barnacle Bay code for, like, a few bucks off eBay. Haha, I'm several worlds behind from having them all. I'm stacking up on Simpoints so that I can at least get the Simpoint-based standard worlds (and their specific venues attached to the gold versions, since it's cheaper to do it that way). I guess for the worlds that require me spilling money, I can wait for Xmas or my birthday :blush:

@MangAnimeJe Glad to see you got TS3 again! :) Welcome to the Gifting Directory forum! :heart:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    @Nomiko13 thank you! I just wish the game wouldn't be so slow on my computer, but I'm managing :D