Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are all toddlers moody little monsters???

So I love the toddlers addition, obviously. But all of my tots thus far have been moody little gremlins, rarely happy, at best "Fine." Is this anyone else's experience? I mean, I love how realistic it is but at the same time .... :neutral:
23r0ccn.jpg
u wot m8

Comments

• CrazySimLadyCrazySimLady Posts: 26 Member
    I have tried almost EVERY trait for toddlers and so far they are ALL moody. They are either sad or angry at all times. :neutral: I have not tried the vampire toddlers yet. I bought the vampire pack last night and haven't gotten to even touch it yet. :(
  • xXxskulls94xXxskulls94 Posts: 125 Member
    I have tried almost EVERY trait for toddlers and so far they are ALL moody. They are either sad or angry at all times. :neutral: I have not tried the vampire toddlers yet. I bought the vampire pack last night and haven't gotten to even touch it yet. :(

UGH Thank goodness, I was afraid I was just an awful Sim parent XD
    23r0ccn.jpg
    u wot m8
    If you are, so am I. o:)
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    Umm... my toddlers have usually been happy. They'll become sad when they have a nightmare or when a family member leaves, and angry when they're super hungry, tired, or have a full bladder, but that always goes away once they've eaten, slept, or gone to the bathroom. And with the sadness, that never lasts long, either.

Maybe I'm just lucky?
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
    snarkles wrote: »
    Umm... my toddlers have usually been happy. They'll become sad when they have a nightmare or when a family member leaves, and angry when they're super hungry, tired, or have a full bladder, but that always goes away once they've eaten, slept, or gone to the bathroom. And with the sadness, that never lasts long, either.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

I have honestly had the worse luck. It probably didn't help that my sim had twins!
    snarkles wrote: »

Maybe I'm just lucky?

I have honestly had the worse luck. It probably didn't help that my sim had twins!

Yes! Is it just me or has fertility went up in game play??? I've had more twins than ever without any rewards traits or anything
    23r0ccn.jpg
    u wot m8
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Are you living in an apartment? Noisy neighbors put them in a negative mood quick.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    My tots are almost always happy but I have a parent dedicated to taking care of them pretty much full time.
    [/quote]

Yes! Is it just me or has fertility went up in game play??? I've had more twins than ever without any rewards traits or anything[/quote]

I downloaded a sim from the community gallery and she ended up being pregnant with twins. Bad idea. Right now they are both toddlers. My mom sim is a single parent and I had to make her quit her job to stay home with them full time. I plan on her going back to work when they start school.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,896 Member
    My first toddler (and only one so far) is "Angelic". Mostly she's great. She gets hungry or tired but never for long because Mum and Dad are trading off caring for her. The noisy apartment neighbours wake her up and she cries. I love her to pieces.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    What traits do they have? some traits are moodier than others.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
    I like the independent trait, because then the toddlers can learn some skills on their own, including the potty skill.
    I've only tried "charmer" "independent" and "clingy" and all of them were equally moody :/
    23r0ccn.jpg
    u wot m8
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    My "silly" one was my easiest but she was the sixth and I had a teen as well as the parents (and the other children) to entertain her. She just giggled her way through the day and rarely got into a bad mood. The worst was the "wild" one but then he was my first toddler.

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think that once you get the Thinking skill up, it says your Toddler will never defy. If you don't want 'em angry all the time, just cheat that skill up.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I only play with one family and I take my time with the gameplay so I've only had one toddler so far. She gets sad once in a while but I've rarely seen her angry. Other than that she's mostly fine. I do feel her needs decline a lot faster than older sims though.
  • ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    Mine have insane mood swings. Every single one of the 8 I've had (across two saves). Within one sim hour, I swear, they'll go from Fine to Angry to Happy to Sad like nobody's business. If I had a dog crate, I'd stick 'em in it.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    I actually like that their always moody cuz my YA sims are always too happy all the time. :\
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    This isn't realistic by the way. Toddlers can have their whims and moods, but they never last long and most of the time toddlers in fact are happy with nothing. If this is true - finally planning to really play them tonight and tomorrow - I'd regret that. I hope it's just a matter of taking care of them (like people always say toddlers in Sims 3 are very demanding and in my game they are always quite satisfied and easy to handle; really hope it's something like that :D ).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I see alot of people are mentioning traits here but another thing that could help is lvling up communication skills and such :) I think it is mostly the communication skill that make your toddler have less tantrums and stuff. ANd the imagination or thinking will help when it comes to nightmares and stuff I think.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I've noticed that my toddlers become angry pretty easily if one of the needs are down, otherwise, they are usually pretty happy.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Are toddlers not supposed to me little monsters anyway? :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    My toddlers are usually happy. :open_mouth:
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    It seemed like my one independent toddler got less cranky over time as he learned skills. He got really angry in the first day or two when mommy sim just tried to read him a story. It was funny. Toddler sim throws tantrum, mommy sim gets tense.

What I notice is that they will get angry if they are tired or hungry. They will get sad or angry when skill-learning with caregiver when they've decided they've had 'enough' of talking, flashcards, story, w/e. I must be a bad sim-mom because I just let the toddler go to daycare while my Sim went to work and hired a nanny for when she went out at night. I did not manage to get toddler skills maxed, except for communication and potty, doing it this way, though. The rest of the skills were at 3 or 4.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

Yes! Is it just me or has fertility went up in game play??? I've had more twins than ever without any rewards traits or anything[/quote]

I downloaded a sim from the community gallery and she ended up being pregnant with twins. Bad idea. Right now they are both toddlers. My mom sim is a single parent and I had to make her quit her job to stay home with them full time. I plan on her going back to work when they start school.[/quote]

can you please tell me what name they are?? I'd love to play a single mum with twins.

My toddlers are usually happy except as has been stated, when there hungry, tired or need to pee really badly, nightmare or parent leaves for work. or noisy neighbours. though sometimes they sleep through that noise. They do get happy with play.