Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2017
    Question are we able to back up our mcc settings before upgrading to the new version?

All the settings are in the mc_settings.cfg file. Copy this file somewhere else and you have a backup. You can also use this if you want different settings for different saves.

When you upgrade the mod, simply keep your old settings file in place and don't overwrite it with the included settings file in the upgraded mod and the new version of MCCC will look after it for you by keeping your original settings and adding whatever new ones that comes with the upgraded mod.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Question are we able to back up our mcc settings before upgrading to the new version?

All the settings are in the mc_settings.cfg file. Copy this file somewhere else and you have a backup. You can also use this if you want different settings for different saves.

When you upgrade the mod, simply keep your old settings file in place and don't overwrite it with the included settings file in the upgraded mod and the new version of MCCC will look after it for you by keeping your original settings and adding whatever new ones that comes with the upgraded mod.

Sorry I have had a glass of wine, Can you explain that again? :)
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Absolutely. Keep your mc_settings.cfg file. You could copy it to your desktop while you're moving things around updating. mc_dresser.cfg too, if you have that file. Just drop them in when you get the package and ts4script files switched over. The mod will update the config file (if needed, but I don't think he added or changed any settings with 3.1.1) when you first load the new version. :)

Sorry I have had a glass of wine, Can you explain that again? :)

Aye, tell me about it. I wrote the above after two Guinesses with whisky chasers :dizzy:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....

Awesome! Nice to see you!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Thanks guys! Don't drink and type! :)
    Playing the Sims since 2001.

Awesome! Nice to see you!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3

Aye, drawn in again by sexy vamps :heart:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm jealous, I have to work tonight. Hahaha!!

at least you have something to look forward too.
    is 1 /25 the right right date? i've been sick so i haven't been around here as much.
    is 1 /25 the right right date? i've been sick so i haven't been around here as much.

lost a couple of days mate...27th...'appens to the best of us
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....

thanks. i can usually keep up even sick but this time i had to lay down more.
    Wait. She was asking about the right MC 3.1.1 file dates. Yes, Jan 25 is what you want. :)

Here's the installed picture for 3.1.1, I posted it earlier this morning:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15507481/#Comment_15507481

Wait. She was asking about the right MC 3.1.1 file dates. Yes, Jan 25 is what you want. :)

Here's the installed picture for 3.1.1, I posted it earlier this morning:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15507481/#Comment_15507481

thank you eggy.

got them. i'm getting faster at this.

Time is relative. I won't see the 27th for 4 more hours. LOL!!

Time is relative. I won't see the 27th for 4 more hours. LOL!!

Hmmm...we need to trade quantum entanglement devices
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    This just led me and hubby into a whole conversation about what would happen if the whole world switched to GMT time. Hahaha! (We're on GMT -5)

It wouldn't really matter to 24-hour businesses, but 9-5ers would be like, wait, what? Hahaha! Dark, light, boss don't care, get to work! Or, would they change their hours of operation to reflect daylight time, instead?

Sometimes my mind goes really weird places. ;)

• CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

Sometimes my mind goes really weird places. ;)

Your lucky, people pay a fortune to have that sort of experience. Still, I worry because sometimes my mind comes back ;) GMT-10. Which is very nearly GMT+24
    So remember how I posted the troubleshooting info from the mod's page here? I decided to do it at MC comments this morning. And here's a beautiful thing, the very next post is one asking about 3.1.1 not working for them.

They laid it on "is 3.1.1 not ready for vampires?" and I nearly lost it, but the Cheerleader held it together. (So far.)

So of course MY next post was, basically, look right up there ^^ for help. :smiley:

Spreading sunshine... o:)

The "straight talk" portion will be posted whenever someone annoys me enough that it moves me to write it up. <ahem> ;)

(It'll happen. Not here, but at MTS, oh yeah. "When" is the only question there. LOL!)

Now that I've got it in a post I can LINK to there, they don't have a leg to stand on. Evil, with good intentions. Me in a nutshell. Haha!

edited January 2017
    Vampire question, does Vlad come with Sun Immunity or not?

My son is playing Sims4 now. Deluxe edition, GT, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and Vampires. No mods. Vlad died not far into the game at all, apparently by going outside during the day. Should that have killed him?

It is very strange to think of MY kid playing this game unmodded. :o But, that's what he wants to do. Pretty cool, I found my vanilla benchmark player, and, he's upstairs. LOL! :)

EDIT: MC comments to the rescue, found this link there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/vampcheats#wiki_vampire_cheats
    B)
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    I am enjoying the mod. However, only boys are being born. I have both genders selected for birth. Even my own sim had a boy. This was just in the first round of births. Is this coincidence, or a possible problem?
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
    ibaeshaC wrote: »
    I am enjoying the mod. However, only boys are being born. I have both genders selected for birth. Even my own sim had a boy. This was just in the first round of births. Is this coincidence, or a possible problem?

Is mum sim eating carrots or listening to alternative music? That leads to boys.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    ibaeshaC wrote: »

I'm not sure yet. The only girls I've seen, I set that way. But I haven't had enough pregnancies to say it's a problem, yet. Just 3. But yeah, 3 for 3 are boys incoming.

I'm on a fairly new hood, 3rd week maybe? So longtime players (generational) will have a better idea on whether this is a new thing. I would like to BECOME a generational player. So far this year, I lost one game day, and had to do some tricks with my main household to keep this save working (too many relationships/too much inventory/too many sims in the household issue), but, so far, so good, on my resolution to play the same file instead of rolling new ones all the time.

Six hours sleep today, catching up for the 4 from yesterday, I guess. Still don't know why THAT happened. But work prep is soon, I just wanted to drop in for a minute.

BTW, we're looking at a couple of weeks before we see 3.2.0 publicly released. It's up (including listed changes) for Patreons, if anybody's interested. Looks cool, but I'm a main-version helper/bug tester. I'm leaving incoming-version bug testing to other folks. ;)
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

BTW, we're looking at a couple of weeks before we see 3.2.0 publicly released. It's up (including listed changes) for Patreons, if anybody's interested. Looks cool, but I'm a main-version helper/bug tester. I'm leaving incoming-version bug testing to other folks. ;)

That's a big sacrifice EG. You really do deserve a lot of credit for the effort you put into supporting this Mod.
    edited January 2017
    I have a suggestion for something I'd like and wasn't sure where to post it, so posting here as I didn't want to further clutter his MTS forum. It might not even be DP's thing, but here goes.

I'd like an in game toggle in, perhaps, the sim command menu or the dresser menu that disables ALL outfit switching regardless of circumstance and can then toggle back to normal settings.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top