Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone starting to get bored of vampires?

I am kind of wondering what to do with my vampires now.

You can't really play 'dark' vampires - ie sinisiter and scaring Sims.

Vampires in TS4 might as well be goths or something like that - they are almost like sharp-toothed clowns.

They just lack bite - they just are not scary or dark.

Hopefully a slightly darker vampire mod will be released.

Comments

• Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    I get what you mean, but unfortunately given the teen rating I suppose they had to limit how dark they can go. The vampires are the best they've ever been. I do wish that like aliens their identities were a secret until another Sim sees their dark form or something like that.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i already am it went to the point where i started a fresh new game with the + button
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    the only thing you can do is create human looking vampire's then in there dark form had vampire ear's and other scary thing's at least they don't glimmer like sims 3
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I want Sims crawling away on their hands and knees to hide under tables.

Something visual.
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    I know but it's not going to happen while there rating's are capped there hand's are tied sadly
  • Options
    DaKitty_10DaKitty_10 Posts: 6 New Member
    For me playing any of the Sims games with vampires, I never really hoped for scary. IDK I guess in my mind I don't think "scary" when it comes to vampires. Maybe werewolfs and mummies!
  • Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    EMOTIONS
    What happened to them for this pack?

I want VISUAL emotions - not some namby-pamby moodlet.

I think the problem for me is emotions in general in the game. There is for some bizarre reason no fear emotion. In fact for me the emotions are incredibly disappointing. They don't really tie into anything are make the Sims feel in anyway unique. Most of the time my Sim is happy or confident. Doesn't change the way my Sim interacts or the way I play. As a result of the emotions the traits have taken a back seat as well.

But I've gone off topic. A proper afraid emotion is needed. Where the Sim cowers to something that comforts them like a close friend or loved one, or hides under their bed sheets. Something like that.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm not anywhere near really getting into them yet but I have the plan to turn one at some point into a Intersiminal Thief using the ability to enter houses without permission and then just take things to fund his lavish lifestyle without working.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    the only thing that bothers me is how complacent sims are with vampires being around. Like you can "confess fear of vampires" but no one acts scared. There's no sims who hate vampires like with aliens. I wish the dark form would get a reaction since it's "dark"

As for the dark gameplay. Because of the rating and everything, these vampires are dark enough. I'm fine waiting for mods to add a "deadly bite" interactions and having vampire hunters do more than "cure"
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I think it was @Dannydanbo who suggested a way a Vampire Hunter could kill a vampire as well, for those so inclined. You just build like a glass box without a roof, lure the vampire into it, lock the door and then wait for the sun to rise. With that in mind I've also thought it might be cool to start a rotational game where I play a Vampire Family for say thirty minutes bent on taking over the world by turning sims into Vampires, using mind control to enslave them or disposing of them and then switching for thirty minutes to a Vampire Hunter family that is bent on stopping them through either curing or outright death and see which side progresses fastest and ultimately wins. I think the Vampire Hunters would win but... I would create a club for each family that would hate the traits and activities of the other, thereby making it harder I hope to try and have each side befriend the other in order to do them in. As well, the vampires would be constantly trying to increase their numbers while the Hunters would be a more static group. It might be a neat play through.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I am still overly enjoying my vamp sims, you know if you can make clubs, one of the traits for clubs is to make sims who see your club be afraid of them when they show up cuz" they are like delinquents or something if I recall correctly.

Maybe you can make a club of vampires with this club trait and see if that adds to the suspense when you go to areas with your club?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I shall soldier on.

However, I welcome any mods that enhance vampire play.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Regarding vampire hunting, does anyone remember how long the freeze ray lasts? I am leveling up a scientist to be a hunter. Of course my main vampire is going to get slightly miffed at him for killing her followers so his future looks kind of limited.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited January 2017
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Regarding vampire hunting, does anyone remember how long the freeze ray lasts? I am leveling up a scientist to be a hunter. Of course my main vampire is going to get slightly miffed at him for killing her followers so his future looks kind of limited.

I have a scientist who has been using the freeze ray quite a bit because all his dates keep getting interrupted. :smiley: He also used it to keep others from hogging the karaoke machine at Plant Honeypop. Lol I am not sure the exact time it lasts but it feels like a long time.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    So freeze rays at dawn should be entertaining.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm not bored yet.

One change I did notice, though; maybe it's been around awhile, but I haven't been playing for awhile. My vampire killed the butler (woops -- they were good friends but sometimes murder is just what a vampire does) and he went into mourning. I could not override that sad buff with other emotions, not even the +8 to emotion of choice trait that both he and his wife have.

I also learned that mourning at a tombstone while that sad buff is on stacks another mourning buff. He was pretty miserable.
  • Options
    faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I hate to say it but yes. I have a sim who is almost a grand vampire and I wonder what next? It's been pretty easy to level her up. I'm getting tired of her having to feed so often off people because the plasma pack or fruit just don't cut it. My sim has twin boys who are vampires and they are kids now. I'm thinking "I have to start all over again" with them and "how am I going to keep up with all 4 family members having to feed". I hate that I'm feeling this way too because I love The Sims.

But, I'm the type that always tries to find a positive side of anything. So what I enjoy about the vampires is they live long. So I'm planning to have my main sim get to the top of the Tech job. I've never done that before because my sims usually die of old age before I can get to the top of a job. So after she gets to the top of the tech job I just might cure her and her husband of being a vampire and let them die naturally. I'll then pick one of their sons to take over and work with him to get to the top of another job.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I actually did not have an easy time leveling my vampires up until I realized that the "detect personality" was basically a grind spell. However, I don't find dealing with their thirst too much of a problem. I keep a club of non-vampires named "Snacks" and if there are no humans wandering the streets, I call a quick meeting and have them feed there. But I also really don't have a problem with keeping them topped off with plasma packs and fruit.

As an aside, there doesn't seem to be any difference between a normal quality and a pristine quality plasma fruit (I don't have a perfect tree yet). To get more plasma fruit, though, you can use the grafting ability on a tomato plant. That generally will get you five plasma fruit a day from one plant.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nope! I take things slow and easy and I haven't even begun to play this fully yet!

Most of my time is setting up the back story and the players in it.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Nope not at all... But that comes from my ability to be patient! I still am building my perfect human sim who will have a life in Forgotten Hollow until she almost turns to adult. She will be turned by Caleb this time around and then I will create a family with him and take it from there. Leveling up will be slow, as if she really has to work hard for it to happen. So no where near boredom so far