Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could Preteens be Next!!!

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Shortening and changing the teens would be better than just adding (imo) an unnecessary life stage.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I want pre-teens doing ballet.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    KannaKanna Posts: 3 New Member
    Shortening and changing the teens would be better than just adding (imo) an unnecessary life stage.

Never going to happen.
  • Options
    FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    Honestly I don´t think we will get it and I don´t really care about it. It´s not that I would work for not haveing it in the game, I just don´t really care
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited January 2017
    I honestly feel like preteens would be great addition. First of all the teens that we have now feel more like 17 to 20. They can have romances like adults with the exception of their woohoo being called mess around and having a few more romantic options. Kids should have their little crushed, but I feel as if a shy kiss could be implemented better with a preteens life stage. Preteens would look more developed than a child, but less developed than a teen. Making the growth spurt from child to preteen less drastic. So basically by adding preteens it would give the player more adult options without fully leaving the kid options. This is exactly the way I experienced growing up too, I wasn't developed fully, life was awkward, I wanted to grow up but not exactly. I feel like preteens would give the sims team the exact opportunity to make this part of life happen for the sims 4. :)

Edit: Also there's other things that teens could have to make them differ from the rest like graduation, prom night, awesome parties while parents are out of town, learning to drive if we get cars back, etc.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Girllllll I just want my teens to be teens lol
    b0ZL9.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    mmt3363 wrote: »
    I'd LOVE a preteen lifestage. There would be sooooo many cool milestones to go along with that age bracket. First crush, for example. Outside of perhaps ace individuals, who doesn't remember their first serious, paralyzingly scary crush? Things like getting their first hormone induced break out would be a cool, realistic random event. Perhaps an asking to be allowed to date type interaction. A random event where your preteen wants a style change because they are growing up and want to look more mature. Basically, I just see a lot of room for new, interesting gameplay with that lifestage.

I have my fingers crossed for a Generations style GP or EP. One that fixes some of the odd quirks to the current lifestages, such as children that stay up and out alone to all hours of the night hitting up nightclubs and a lack of curfew for teens and children alike. New age-appropriate venues would be SUCH a blessing. Arcades, skate parks, self sustaining malls/shopping centers for teens and preteens, parks that actively attract/spawn other children for your sim kids to play with, a kid-friendly restaurant option so that we can build a Chuck E Cheese style eatery that kids will actually get up and play at in between bites of pizza. Places like that.

But yeah, I would love family play to be expanded upon and I feel that a preteen lifestage could easily go along with that and really make it something special.

*slides 2000 Simoleons to the SimGurus* Please?
  • Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member

YES! Making the teens feel unique again, adding the attitude problems, disciplinary, curfew, proper height and so on.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Kanna wrote: »

Never going to happen.

Of course if they implant preteens, shortening and changing the teen would be useless. I just don't see the ideal reason to create a preteen for no actual purpose, when the teens are the one's could actually be changed instead (it would make much more sense). Like YA-Adults comparison, it is a waste of time to create a life stage for no other (imo) reasonable reason other than to tell the storytellers "Hey! Look - I'm a young adult!)
    • All of the pre-teen suggested ideas could be implanted over Teen life stage.
    • All of the teen suggested ideas could be implanted over.
    • Add two toggleable sizes: smaller teens and high teens;
      • With both enabled - child growing into teen will have size randomize
      • Respectively, the towny teen population will spawn in that/those size(s).
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TJTJTJTJ Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd rather have pre-teens for now. I'm not so sure about teen fix, so pre-teens for me please! Do them well like you did the toddlers!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    10, 11, and 12 are special years in a person's life. We aren't children, but we aren't teens either. A lot of questioning comes at this age. Also, although you may have been the tallest in your class in sixth grade, you suddenly realize your not tall at all. My first serious crush called me bean-pole. BEAN POLE. I admit I did tower over him that year. But he was really really short, too. LOL Today, I'm all of 5'3 1/2". That's it, folks. Not exactly tall. I think were they to add this life-stage, it would bring back the 'shorter' kids for an easier transition to those tall strangers in our Sims' homes. I know my sons shot up. Before I knew it I was looking up at them.

See, here in England, 10, 11 and 12 year olds are children. To us, children become teens when they hit their teen years (thirTEEN), hence the term. There is no 'pre', it's just 'child' or 'teenager'.

I'm not opposed to the idea of this life stage, I really just don't see the point of it, and how long will it last? 3 sim days? I'd rather just have better, fleshed out teens that *look* and act the part.

--T
    Not everyone plays with aging on so for me "3 Sim days" would not be the same as it is for you as I have not aged a single Sim since release except 3 babies. So preteen would be a permanent life stage changing my family dynamics greatly. Why do we have to settle for fleshed out teens or preteens why do we have to limit ourselves when we could make everyone happy.

But you wouldn't be making me happy having to deal with *another* life stage. I see no point to it, when they could flesh out the existing life stages. Why add more rubbish, when they could focus on what we *do* have? I don't want more life stages. We have enough. I want *better* life stages not more squashed in between the Ines we do have.

Pre teens just don't exsist in the real world. People are children until they become TEEN ages (numbers with TEN in them) it's basic logic. A pre teen is a child. That's it. And we have those already.

Basically what @Clk1143 said.

--T

• Options
    10, 11, and 12 are special years in a person's life. We aren't children, but we aren't teens either. A lot of questioning comes at this age. Also, although you may have been the tallest in your class in sixth grade, you suddenly realize your not tall at all. My first serious crush called me bean-pole. BEAN POLE. I admit I did tower over him that year. But he was really really short, too. LOL Today, I'm all of 5'3 1/2". That's it, folks. Not exactly tall. I think were they to add this life-stage, it would bring back the 'shorter' kids for an easier transition to those tall strangers in our Sims' homes. I know my sons shot up. Before I knew it I was looking up at them.

See, here in England, 10, 11 and 12 year olds are children. To us, children become teens when they hit their teen years (thirTEEN), hence the term. There is no 'pre', it's just 'child' or 'teenager'.

I'm not opposed to the idea of this life stage, I really just don't see the point of it, and how long will it last? 3 sim days? I'd rather just have better, fleshed out teens that *look* and act the part.

--T
    Not everyone plays with aging on so for me "3 Sim days" would not be the same as it is for you as I have not aged a single Sim since release except 3 babies. So preteen would be a permanent life stage changing my family dynamics greatly. Why do we have to settle for fleshed out teens or preteens why do we have to limit ourselves when we could make everyone happy.

But you wouldn't be making me happy having to deal with *another* life stage. I see no point to it, when they could flesh out the existing life stages. Why add more rubbish, when they could focus on what we *do* have? I don't want more life stages. We have enough. I want *better* life stages not more squashed in between the Ines we do have.

Pre teens just don't exsist in the real world. People are children until they become TEEN ages (numbers with TEN in them) it's basic logic. A pre teen is a child. That's it. And we have those already.

--T

Preach! That's what I'm to say to anyone. If devs gonna decide to implant the pre-teen life stage, they might as well add more: pre-toddlers, young children, older elders, young elders, middle age adults, ect. lol.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

--T

--T

You should look up the word Preteens if you think it doesn't exist in the real world it's ages between 10-13 where they enter puberty which is for girls their cycles and the boys voice changes and body develops, they are completely different than a child.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    But they aren't different from teens, at least how teens should be. It's just the current teen stage that has problems and should be fixed, it would be much more useful than adding one more life stage.
  • Options
    To be fair, I should also have the same attitude for young adult too. They're aren't much different, if not at all from the Adults. Would have been logical to skip it and just add their lifespan to adults, unless they have plans of improving that lifestage in a generation-esque expansion pack.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I got the impression when the Kids' Room SP came out that you could 'make' your preteens with that stuff. I recall a Guru saying the items and clothing were meant to reflect 'older' kids who weren't quite teens yet. So, preteens, lol. While basegame objects/clothing were meant to reflect younger feeling kids.

I wouldn't mind a Teen's Hangout SP or something though. I think every age could use an SP, especially since you can mix and match most of them if you want adults feeling younger or teens feeling older and that sort of thing. That said, I think items and clothing and other CAS options, traits, aspirations, and so on would be better to focus on than changing the height of teens. That's highly unlikely to happen, unless they can find a way to adjut all the CAS outfits (and possibly hairs, makeup, etc) en masse. I'd rather have an optional clothing filter for the older ages, like they have for genders or various occassions.

I like having older Sims wear younger clothing and vice versa. Some never really 'grow up' and some are born old souls.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    We could also have 'em go to Middle School.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2017
    I mean there is quite a gap between Children and teenagers... after what they did with Toddlers... I'm not opposed to the idea/desire... the Child Stage to me is 5-9. I would love a 10-14. if it's possible, I only ask, allow supernatural preteens to have use their powers at this stage.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GeeJawGeeJaw Posts: 45 Member
    Back in the days of when I used to play The Sims 3, I used to ALWAYS mainly focus on my teenagers, because they had variety to them and I felt as though they provided the most fun. Now, I ignore my teenagers and mostly focus on my toddlers, children and young adults. A pre-teen life stage was in the concept art, and I'd love to see it come to life, I'm not demanding it though like how I demanded toddlers, but I would love a generations pack (and soon) that gives my teenagers and children a new sense of pazazz and interest.
    2a4wpqp.jpg
  • Options
    SimsFamilyPlayerSimsFamilyPlayer Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be so cool to have preteens. I'm a huuuuge family player and I absolutely love the concept of preteens. But I also know that there are a lot of non-family players, so I think they should add a button or when the baby grows an option that lets you pick the cycle you'd like them to age to. That way everyone can be happy with the game and not be forced (if they didn't know or like to cheat) to live out the lifecycles. It would be cool to have the tweens. They should add in interactions/tweens-only such as 'first crush', 'acne', 'mood-swings', 'overreactions', etc. There has never been a preteen age-cycle (that I can remember?), I'd absolutely love to try it!
  • Options
    CrazyGurlCrazyGurl Posts: 81 Member
    I think it would be so cool to have preteens. I'm a huuuuge family player and I absolutely love the concept of preteens. But I also know that there are a lot of non-family players, so I think they should add a button or when the baby grows an option that lets you pick the cycle you'd like them to age to. That way everyone can be happy with the game and not be forced (if they didn't know or like to cheat) to live out the lifecycles. It would be cool to have the tweens. They should add in interactions/tweens-only such as 'first crush', 'acne', 'mood-swings', 'overreactions', etc. There has never been a preteen age-cycle (that I can remember?), I'd absolutely love to try it!

Thank you! People who don't want preteens have "no taste" XD I would love a preteen (12-14) and preschooler (4-5) life stage.
  • Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    Definitely not against the idea as such but if I had to pick between the devs spending their time on adding a new lifestage or adding more content to flesh out the teen stage then I'd rather it went on fleshing out the teen stage.

It's a feature I've seen requested for a long time and The team definitely isn't oblivious to it. Limited resources and that however.

We can all agree for the need of a generations type expansion pack though. The life stages could really use some unique gameplay elements.
  • Options
    CrazyGurlCrazyGurl Posts: 81 Member

--T

--T

Ugh...people like you...annoy me so badly. If you don't know what a word is, look it up! We have freaking dictionaries in book and online form. I don't understand you you think preteens don't exist because THEY DO. You are right, a preteen it is a CHILD. UNDER 13. Why is it so hard to understand? A preteen is a child who has a few more years before they are teenagers. Preteens are real, they existist. They are children under 13. Do you need to be educated again?

Pre- a prefix meaning before or previous
    Teen- a young person between 13-19 years old

Pre+teen= preteen- a CHILD just under the age of 13; a preadolescent or pubescent

You are really making yourself sound ignorant. Its sad that even kids aged 10-12 know what the term preteen is and you don't. :/
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »

--T

--T

You should look up the word Preteens if you think it doesn't exist in the real world it's ages between 10-13 where they enter puberty which is for girls their cycles and the boys voice changes and body develops, they are completely different than a child.

No.

That would be a *child* going through puberty. Difference. No such thing as a pre-teen. One is considered a child before they hit 13z then they're a teen. No inbetween.

--T
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    CrazyGurl wrote: »

--T

--T

Ugh...people like you...annoy me so badly. If you don't know what a word is, look it up! We have freaking dictionaries in book and online form. I don't understand you you think preteens don't exist because THEY DO. You are right, a preteen it is a CHILD. UNDER 13. Why is it so hard to understand? A preteen is a child who has a few more years before they are teenagers. Preteens are real, they existist. They are children under 13. Do you need to be educated again?

Pre- a prefix meaning before or previous
    Teen- a young person between 13-19 years old

Pre+teen= preteen- a CHILD just under the age of 13; a preadolescent or pubescent

You are really making yourself sound ignorant. Its sad that even kids aged 10-12 know what the term preteen is and you don't. :/

Barring your insults, are you ok in the head?

You've basically just told me a preteen is a child, yes? To which I agree. A child. Not preteen.

Do you kiss your mother with your foul mouth? And please, don't talk to me about education when you're very clearly lacking in it yourself.

--T

ETA: I'm not even sure you know what a teenager is. You would be a teenager when you hit 13. Hence the name TEEN. ThirTEEN. Lol gosh, and I annoy you? No such thing as a preteen unless you call it a child, which they would be and we have those already.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top