Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

everything you need to know about vampire offspring

mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
I have seen a bunch of questions on the forums about lots of little different things to do with vampires having children, so I decided to write this up. So let's start at conception:

Vampires can have offspring with literally any sim, provided that one of them can impregnate and the other can get pregnant, however hybrids are not a thing. Yes, even aliens can have offspring with vampires:

cLzGrhD.jpg

What the offspring comes out as depends on the parents. If it's Alien X Vampire, the child has a 50/50 chance of being an alien or a vampire. Same for humans. And it will be 100% vampire if both parents are vampires.

small note: if your both parents are vampires and they have the bat power and do the bat woohoo, the child will inherit bat form and you won't need to buy it.

Now that you have found your vampire lover and delivered your offspring, you're probably asking the question how do I tell if they're a vampire?

There's no way to tell when they're babies. There's various ways to tell when they're toddlers and children.

sign 1: Their CAS will have a little vampire icon right next to their traits:

GDAR2dm.jpg

sign 2: Their needs will look different. As children and toddlers they will still have human needs, but their needs panel will have a vampire symbol. Human needs panel:

h8abvJp.png

Vampire child needs panel:

MZrdJ7p.png

Now that you identified if your child is a vampire or not, you might be asking "how are vampire children and toddlers different from human children and toddlers?

Toddlers are not different at all. Vampire children don't gain any new interactions, but lose some interactions. Namely "Debate Existence of Vampires", "Confess Fear of Vampires", "Praise Vampire Lifestyle" and "Enthuse about Vampires".

Human child interactions:
qLKXn34.jpg

QgfS5ce.jpg

EzoAHCa.jpg

Vampire child interactions:
WWTXPvK.jpg

SO4N8sT.jpg

Small note, vampire toddlers and children do have a reflection :)

mHwQGfP.jpg

Now what about vampire teens?

Vampire teens are the same as a regular vampire. They get their vampire plumbob and as they grow up into a vampire, there's little bats flying around them (I caught one on camera)

LQ4yj8s.jpg

the only difference is that they still continue to age as normal until they're young adults and they don't have a master in their family tree (take note that Vlad is listed as father):

xqj8rtH.jpg

As I have no master, I didn't get the game's tutorial. There were no messages, or phonecalls, I just got to jump right into using my powers myself. The child also did not die in the process of aging up. It's a normal age up straight into the vampire lifestage.

Now let's talk genetics.

Normal forms and humans do not inherit from the vampire dark form as far as I could see. However vampire dark form can inherit from their parents dark form. Your vampire child can even have a completely different face in their dark form from their normal form. For example, Vlad's daughter is portrayed in the aging up section (I'll repost it in a spoiler here)
LQ4yj8s.jpg

take note how soft her features are. Most of her normal features came from her mother, however in her dark form, she looks very much like her dad:

7QJYLnS.jpg

To compare, here is Vlad in his normal and nosferatu forms:
Yqm4KNw.jpg

LdwWSex.jpg

She completely inherited his dark form eyes (complete with eye circles), her nose is closer to his in her dark form and her lips turn the same way that his does when she enters her dark form.

If you're unhappy with how your child's dark form turned out (especially veins and circles) you can either copy any part of their light-form over, or cheat with CTRL + SHIFT + C to open the console, type in "testingcheats true", then type in "cas.fulleditmode", press down shift, then click on your sim and choose to take them to CAS.

There is also no restrictions when it comes to passing down a vampire skin tone without vampirism, same way that you can have a sim with the alien skin tone that is not an alien.

For example this is a human daughter of Vlad:

uGnA188.jpg

Aaaand... That's it! If you have any more questions, type them down below, if you're a guide writer and this section is not present on your current website, feel free to copy paste all of this, or as much of it as you want and if you want to be polite, you can link to this thread as the source, but you don't have to.
Post edited by mirta000 on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This is epic, @mirta000 !
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Wow, so helpful! Thank you!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    So this is what my vamps are reading about in those strange old books!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I'm with Luth - epic @mirta000! I noticed the relfelection thing today, kinda bummed me out but no big deal. I'm SO happy they get their parents dark forms. SO HAPPY! Ben is a child now, no more whizzing around with dad at super speed :( but I can't wait to see what he looks like as a vampire when he's a teen!

I'm so temped to go back and play but it's midnight here and I have to get up tomorrow!

--T
    Toddlers can be carried by an adult vampire when using mist form and vampiric speed. That's proabably about the only 'vamp' thing they do as youngsters :(

--T
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    You forgot to mention if two vampires have the bat power they can woohoo as bats and it will give that power to their vampire child.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited January 2017
    To7m wrote: »
    I'm with Luth - epic @mirta000! I noticed the relfelection thing today, kinda bummed me out but no big deal. I'm SO happy they get their parents dark forms. SO HAPPY! Ben is a child now, no more whizzing around with dad at super speed :( but I can't wait to see what he looks like as a vampire when he's a teen!

I'm so temped to go back and play but it's midnight here and I have to get up tomorrow!

--T

well she didn't inherit his whole form. She looks like a mash up of herself and Vlad :D the point is that they will look different in their dark forms and even their features can change and they will look somewhat, even though not identical to their parents dark forms.
    Toddlers can be carried by an adult vampire when using mist form and vampiric speed. That's proabably about the only 'vamp' thing they do as youngsters :(

--T

Does this happen to all toddlers, or just vampire toddlers? I never had a vampire parent actual do the parenting, so it would be nice to know :)
    Zafireria wrote: »
    You forgot to mention if two vampires have the bat power they can woohoo as bats and it will give that power to their vampire child.

added!
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »

added!
    Awesome!
    edited January 2017
    @mirta000 I think any toddler as long as it's a vampire that is holding them and has those abilities. I've only tried it with Vlad, and obviously he and his son are both vampires but I don't see why it wouldn't work, a toddler is a toddler right? They hold them both the same way - but maybe human sims can't be carried super fast I don't know, I want to try now haha.

--T

Typo
    @mirta000 I think any toddler as long as it's a vampire that is holding them and has those abilities. I've only tried it with Vlad, and obviously he and his son are both vampires but I don't see why it wouldn't work, a toddler is a toddler right? They hold them both the same way - but maybe human sims can't be carried super fast I don't know, I want to try now haha.

--T

Typo

Go go make Vlad steal some babies :D
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm hoping toddlers can eat plasma fruit. I have some carrots also growing just in case they can't.
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Yup, pretty sure this ones a vampire :D

K7uEmW7.png

K7uEmW7.png

depends. I wonder can you inherit just the eyes? Because you can inherit just the skin tone :I
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    My sim just had very human looking twins after an oops incident. Paolo Rocca is showing as the dad but she was 'friendly' with him before and after he turned (although he was on his way to being a vamp). I'm glad I happened upon this thread. I'll be checking the CaS traits etc. once the anklebiters are toddlers.
    My sim just had very human looking twins after an oops incident. Paolo Rocca is showing as the dad but she was 'friendly' with him before and after he turned (although he was on his way to being a vamp). I'm glad I happened upon this thread. I'll be checking the CaS traits etc. once the anklebiters are toddlers.

glad that it helped ya :D
    edited January 2017
    I'll bump this up a bit like once a day so that people can see it. (BTW would be nice to have a stickied thread "vampire GP guides" like we have one for Dine out. I know some external links and one cheat thread that got buried a while ago.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Question if you have a vampire baby and it grow up to a toddler and child where do they sleep they don't have coffins. I guess they still sleep in beds.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

K7uEmW7.png

depends. I wonder can you inherit just the eyes? Because you can inherit just the skin tone :I

My vampire toddler inherited his dad's white eyes. But when I changed his hairstyle, the eyes changed to normal. Don't know if it was a bug. I changed them again in cas.fulleditmode to white eyes.
    candy8 wrote: »
    Question if you have a vampire baby and it grow up to a toddler and child where do they sleep they don't have coffins. I guess they still sleep in beds.

Yes, vampire toddlers sleep in their beds.
  • hof1971hof1971 Posts: 27 Member
    I have two human parents who have a toddler with red eyes, her needs looks the same so is red eyes now a thing with humans too, if so that will be annoying.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    omg thanks for letting me know about the needs panel! I didn't even think about that. I went to go check my toddler who is definitely a vampire! Woot!
  • Demka_BelikovDemka_Belikov Posts: 3 New Member
    It's very awesome how it's a 50/50 chance of the offspring being a vampire or not. My question is as babies is it already predetermined what they'll be as toddlers? Or if once they age up and they are what you weren't hoping for, can you exit without saving and then play again from right before they age up again and try it again (like how we did with a babies sex in TS2)?
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

--T

Typo

Rosemary had bat powers and she'd take her toddlers everywhere as a bat.
    Also, @mirta000 This is truly epic. Thank you for a fantastic job.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Even though this thread is about vampires having biological children, I wanted to mention something because it had me confused at first and I think it could be helpful to anybody who hasn't figured it out yet.

The word "Offspring" as it pertains to vampires, also means any Sim a vampire has turned into a vampire. That also counts as their "offspring" for the purpose of the Vampire Family aspiration.

What I still don't know is if those kind of offspring can also inherit powers from the "parent" vampire. I would think they could.
  • ShadowGirl2017ShadowGirl2017 Posts: 41 Member
    > @pearlbh said:
    > Even though this thread is about vampires having biological children, I wanted to mention something because it had me confused at first and I think it could be helpful to anybody who hasn't figured it out yet.
    >
    > The word "Offspring" as it pertains to vampires, also means any Sim a vampire has turned into a vampire. That also counts as their "offspring" for the purpose of the Vampire Family aspiration.
    >
    > What I still don't know is if those kind of offspring can also inherit powers from the "parent" vampire. I would think they could.

I think that "offspring" means sims that have been turned into vampires by your sim. Or at least the sim you're playing with.
    I usually let my sims have their imaginary friends but once they become teenagers the imaginary friends get in the way. I never learn. B)
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    When editing a vampire in CAS with the cas.fulleditmode option turned on, is it possible to remove the wrinkles around the eyes in the Dark Form? I haven't figured out how to do that, if it's possible. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7