Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    @GITTE2001 She grows on me as I play. She has Jensen's small eyes in Nathaniel's big face but she will grow into it. Teens can look rather frightening or awkward and then turn into beautiful YAs. I would rather her unique look to a bland, uninteresting beauty :)
  • Options
    KatbagalKatbagal Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2017
    Genetics are my favorite thing about this game(as you know Zumi).
    My family is in generation 14

Generation 13 heir Peri
    32085828602_e03f9e9522_h.jpg

His husband Attila
    32234712685_d807836866_h.jpg

Their first daughter, Laelia. She is pink because her grandmother was a plantsim with a colorful skintone ramp.
    31393435964_20338f4c39_h.jpg

Younger daughter, Adhara. She is the heir for Gen 14! No kids as of yet, still working on her career in music. :)
    31393440624_758fce9a68_h.jpg

Adhara is so beautiful! I love her hair and those freckles are gorgeous <3
    aka underapprciatedalien
    Origin ID~unhappyeggplant
  • Options
    Here are the families of the two eldest kids in my Jensen Genetics save. I have lost count of how many grandkids Jensen has now but it's a lot :p
    Eda and Zac are now adults. Their kids from eldest to youngest are Rod, Max and Bob.
    32034062600_30a42a8e95_b.jpg
    32372132776_960706fbdb_b.jpg
    Hob and Marlon will be aging up in the next day or so. Their kids are Stephanie and Shane.
    32034061960_5a0d2d8e62_b.jpg
    32372129266_1356fbae54_b.jpg
  • Options
    All 3 of Nathaniel Wright's kids have now aged to YA.

Hamon
    m8nqye.jpg
    2w7hgld.jpg
    rmuufl.jpg
    32378865326_2231de1eb3_b.jpg

Daw
    no7q7p.jpg
    o0wj9u.jpg
    Screenshot_1666.jpg
    31611517474_73fe3b1a2d_b.jpg

Ibb
    vy8g44.jpg
    2lwrn9c.jpg
    kega9s.jpg
    32403102631_7e0d5984fd_b.jpg
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Love this thread :) I'm amazed at your Create a sim skills. For some reason all my sims look the same! I just can't get the hang of the sliders! Great pics everyone!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    Love this thread :) I'm amazed at your Create a sim skills. For some reason all my sims look the same! I just can't get the hang of the sliders! Great pics everyone!

@TheBristolSimmer I am sure your sims are not as bad as you think! Sometimes, it's just a matter of finding the right skin or, if you don't use CC, then playing with the sliders as often as you can until you get the feel for them and to try to move away from what you find comfortable looks-wise. Ugly sims can also have their own charm - the only real death to genetics is the use of sims with all sliders set at default. If you have any pictures to share, I would love to see them :D
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I assure you, they look the same. :lol: And I'm afraid I am guilty of hitting randomize... and sticking with whatever one I can find! I'll have to practise with the sliders.

I am a noob with pictures still. Can't figure out how to post them here ! *hides behind hands*
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    @TheBristolSimmer It's pretty easy, really. You need to find an image hosting site and upload your pics. You then copy the link provided at the host site and paste it in the box that opens when you click on the icon that looks like a page with a bent corner at the top of the message box.
    Probably not a good idea to use randomized sims because they use only the default features found in CAS. You can get some nice looking sims that way, but much better to play around with the sliders a little on your own so you have something unique :) Good luck!
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks! :) Which site do you use?

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    @TheBristolSimmer I have been using Flickr for a few days now. Before that I used tinypic. Tinypic is good if you only have a few pics to post now and then (you don't need to register) but I need the Flickr account because I am documenting my save in Stories and Legacies and post many pics. If you are interested in having a look, click on my signature :)
  • Options
    JjsimsxoxoJjsimsxoxo Posts: 69 Member
    @Mikezumi What an attractive family! They'll get all the guys/girls :D
    636118906366881098823152769_april-parks-and-rec-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    @Jjsimsxoxo Thank you :) When you are a member perhaps you can share some pics of your game - I look forward to it :) Happy Simming!
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Here is the weirdest result of sim genetics I ever had until now.

So here is my legacy sim Miles (who is a grandson of Fiona O´Reilly of Dragon Valley).
    Screenshot-x3113_zpslvf7b0tv.jpg

He married Gabby Ahmed from university, who is a vampire in my game.
    Screenshot-x3100_zps9vtyekhm.jpg

Here is their only daughter, Catherine.
    Screenshot-x2661_zpswyrbsyjw.jpg

She´s also a vampire and in game nearly fluorescent green. I was totally confused when she was born, dragged her parents into CAS and discovered that Miles pale skin is on the blue scale. Combined with Gabby´s skin and the vampiric glow, the result is - this.
    But I think, she´s beautiful.
    Screenshot-x3611_zpsrrzkjrul.jpg

My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    While Sharla's sons, Cain and Jensen (when Sam and Jared age up, I'll show them, too) is good looking, I had hoped for a bit more blending with all the Nraas mods...

Sharla

Screenshot_19.jpg

Cain's Dad, Amun

Screenshot_10.jpg

Cain

Screenshot_85.jpg

Jensen's Dad, Mithun (Sam and Jared's dad as well)

Screenshot_11.jpg

Jensen

Screenshot_84.jpg

Sam and Jared as Toddlers
    Screenshot_62.jpg

Screenshot_60.jpg

All of Sharla's children, except the oldest, JayLynn, are blonde. I'm thinking of changing their haircolor cause I'm ready for a child other than a blondie.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @Waterdragon Thanks for sharing your family with me :) I like Miles' face very much! From what I can see Catherine favours her dad and her colour is amazing! :D

@ChelleJo Sharla is very pretty :) Mithun is very handsome :) Cain and Jensen are handsome teens and Sam and Jared are adorable toddlers <3 I never consider hair colour to be important in my genetics game since the game has a tendency to throw random colours into the mix. If you feel you have too many blondes, by all means change away! :D
    Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing Sam and Jared when they are older :D

• Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Does anyone know if genetics is just inheriting each slider or the entire category (eyes, nose, lips, etc)?

I have with an issue with clones too. I usually have about 3 children per family but sometimes only 1 looks unique from his parents.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    @Sunnyyesjams From what I understand, only whole features can be inherited for example, noses are entirely from one parent.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Sunnyyesjams
    For one reason or other, my sim children often favour their grandparents (especially in terms of the haircolour. Catherine has her grandfather´s hair, Miles on the other hand has his grandmother´s colouring, who was a IF, hence the dark red head hair with the yellowish brows and beard.)

I often have face clones, though the body shape and colouring vary. Real blending is seldom. I think, there´s a setting in nraas storyprogression for that, I really should try that.

• Options
    @Sunnyyesjams
    For one reason or other, my sim children often favour their grandparents (especially in terms of the haircolour. Catherine has her grandfather´s hair, Miles on the other hand has his grandmother´s colouring, who was a IF, hence the dark red head hair with the yellowish brows and beard.)

I often have face clones, though the body shape and colouring vary. Real blending is seldom. I think, there´s a setting in nraas storyprogression for that, I really should try that.

@Waterdragon I have never had a sim that favoured a grandparent, except in colouring, which I find to be rather superficial since the game throws so many random mutations with regards to hair and eye colour (purple eyes and puke green hair in particular). The only way they might have inherited a physical feature from a grandparent is if the parent had that particular feature as well.

I use whichever of the Nraas mods is required for advanced genetics and, although I get the occasional clone, it doesn't happen so often these days. I might get the occasional sim that has the eyes, nose and mouth of one parent inside the facial shaping of the other but generally when I get a lot of features from one parent, I get at least one feature from the other.

If you are using IFs, there is a very strong chance you will get clones unless you have genetically changed them as clones are neutral slider, default, sims.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    @Mikezumi - I know, that all IFs are face ones (as are djinns, I think), I just love their colouring. I did´t know that, when I started playing them, so some of my heirs are face ones. But I don´t mind that so much. :)
    Nowadys I would change their features, but I haven´t made one of them real since quite some time.

I think, you are right about the grandparent - parent thing, it´s really just the hair that gets passed on.

• Options
    Here's a look at one of the families in my genetics save. I am very happy with how the boys turned out. Hamon (son of my Jensen and uni world Nathaniel Wright) and Jolene (tweaked gender-switched clone of @GaiaHypothesis's Rory) have some beautiful boys!
    Back row left to right: Hamon, Jolene, Jerry
    Front row left to right: Noel, Clifford
    31871811744_27b7bc5068_b.jpg
    32674234456_4e96280901_b.jpg
    31871807554_a32d96e4a4_b.jpg
  • Options
    KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    edited February 2017
    I decided today to do a bit of a comparison with my sims children before the eldest aged to a teen,as I've never had this many child-aged sims at once. I lined them all up in the same pose and compared them by height, age, likeness to their parents and other things. I thought it was an interesting way of seeing how the genetics panned out in the game.

Here are a few of my comparisons I think would interest other simmers.

Age: Noam, Yuri & Tomo (Twins), Rhapsody, Mareike & Koen (Triplets)

Screenshot-30_zpsalp5buxh.jpg

Height:

Screenshot-29_zps87dik05z.jpg

Similarity to parents, Cobalt on one end and Makoto on the other for comparison. I think it'll be easier to compare when their teens but I found it interesting how, even with two of the kids having dark hair, only Tomo got Cobalt's blue eyes - I reckon he'll be the spitting image of him when he's older.

Screenshot-39_zpslkgevjum.jpg

Closer comparison of faces under spoiler:
    Screenshot-33_zpslk97bo2c.jpg
    Screenshot-32_zps8v0sgrce.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zpskticprhe.jpg