The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vlad has vanished?!

So I made my vampire Sim and the first thing she did was go to visit Vlad up on his hill. It was great - they had a chat, a little training session and a vampire spar. All fine.

Then Vlad somehow teleported himself outside the walls of his basement?? It was really weird, so I thought it was a bug and left his lot. The next thing I know, when I hover over Vlad's house it's saying nobody lives there?? Did he teleport himself into another realm or what? He isn't in the unplayed sims library or anything...
Origin ID: ExxCee

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    So I made my vampire Sim and the first thing she did was go to visit Vlad up on his hill. It was great - they had a chat, a little training session and a vampire spar. All fine.

Then Vlad somehow teleported himself outside the walls of his basement?? It was really weird, so I thought it was a bug and left his lot. The next thing I know, when I hover over Vlad's house it's saying nobody lives there?? Did he teleport himself into another realm or what? He isn't in the unplayed sims library or anything...

I kind of want to say The Culled Dimension... Did you try closing the game and reopening maybe he'll pop back in?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Is he still in your sims relationship panel? If not then it sounds like he got culled.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2017
    What you can do is start up a new game save, go to Vlad, and save him to your library. Then go back to your game, and place him in his home. You might need to use the freerealestate cheat to move him in.
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Was it during the day? I guess he coulda ported outside and died.. lol
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    What you can do is start up a new game save, go to Vlad, and save him to your library. Then go back to your game, and place him in his home. You might need to use the freerealestate cheat to move him in.

That's what I would have done - but he's not in the library of unplayed households or anything! I'm starting to think maybe he did teleport to the culled dimension... I'm heartbroken! I barely got to know him :cry:
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Is he still in your sims relationship panel? If not then it sounds like he got culled.

No... :disappointed:
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I kind of want to say The Culled Dimension... Did you try closing the game and reopening maybe he'll pop back in?

Tried but he didn't reappear... Do you think he's available in the community?
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Start up a *new* game and copy Vlad, from the new game, to your *current* game via the library.

Start a brand new game first, though.

--T
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It's a vanishing act: he's done a Bella.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    He had enough of the vampire life. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I heard he took the cure and is living in San Myshuno and working in an Asian food cart.

No... :disappointed:
    I'm sorry :( if he had just moved house he would still be in the sims relationship panel. If he is not that really sounds like he got culled. Try what others are suggeting, then you'll be able to get him back :smile:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Start up a *new* game and copy Vlad, from the new game, to your *current* game via the library.

Start a brand new game first, though.

--T

As a just in case, because I sometimes still see people who don't know this:
    The plus sign near the big triangle adds a new household to your current game; it does not start a new one.
    The plus sign in the top right starts a new game, with all the premades.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member

I had something like this happen, only before I even met Vlad. The first Sim night after I installed the gamepack (mods/cc disabled), I went to visit Vlad's house, and it said no one lived there, yet I still had the "knock on door" interaction. I knocked, got the "welcome! Come in!" dialog, yet no Vlad anywhere. I have the Always Welcome perk, so I cooked, wandered around, and waited. No Vlad. I finally took my sim to the park in the middle of the world, and I found Vlad suffering in the sun playing chess by himself! He didn't seem stuck; I was able to interact, get him to stop playing, etc, but he was miserable. I decided to visit the other vampire household, exited to go back to Vlad's, and then found Vlad back living in his home and it no longer said no one was living there. All was well. I decided to exit the game without saving anyway, and the next time I loaded, I didn't have this problem; Vlad was at home.

TL;DR: check the park. He might still actually be in the game somewhere.
    Did you manage to get the issue sorted OP?

--T
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Well, that's one way to get rid of him!
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone - I am currently at work (obviously doing an excellent job...) so will update you all later on once I've had a chance to try some of these ideas - because everyone loves a missing person mystery, right?
    Well, Vlad is back. I tried all the other things but in the end starting a new game is what did it. I took the opportunity to rebuild ALL my worlds (which is why this response is late) - I now have a fruitful day of vampiring ahead...
    Glad you got it fixed. Not to be a Debbie Downer but there's a chance the game might cull him again or someone else for that matter. I suggest making a backup of the people you do not want to culled. Or use a mod that stops it if you are not against mods.
    Glad you got it fixed. Not to be a Debbie Downer but there's a chance the game might cull him again or someone else for that matter. I suggest making a backup of the people you do not want to culled. Or use a mod that stops it if you are not against mods.

Ditto. Back ups are always good.

Glad you got it sorted!

--T
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member

Oh this had me laughing. Sorry that happened to you OP but thanks for sharing xD
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I've never had a housed sim get culled so that's a weird mystery indeed. Did any other sims disappear?
    I've never had a housed sim get culled so that's a weird mystery indeed. Did any other sims disappear?

It was just Vlad! Very weird - luckily I save all my households to the library along with most of my builds so starting over wasn't too traumatic... I've saved Vlad too so if he disappears again I can just put him back ^_^