Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a headsup: My game is generating vampires.

2...Next

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SimGuruNinja We were promised "vampirism won't spread if we, the players, don't spread it."

On my first night, I had 3 new vampire townies walking around Forgotten Hollow, with the already-existing vamps nowhere in sight. If the walkby needed 3 vamps, well, I already had 3 vamps. If we need vampire walkbys, why not use the existing vampires, Caleb, Lilith and Vlad? Why not use the vampires that we, the players, create?

Unnecessary Sim spawning has to go. I've mentioned it in the ideas forum from time to time, but why not a "Townie Job Manager" tool, to go along with the "Manage Households" tool? Let us pick and choose whether or not to spawn new Sims, or draw them from the existing pool (or manually assign Sims to these roles).

If our vampire population is below a certain quota and the game needs more vampires to fill that quota, then either that quota is too high, or we should get a warning that we need more vamps and the game will auto-generate them.

Sort of like how if you make a Park with no chess tables, the game tells you that you need chess tables. Why not do the same with townies?
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja We were promised "vampirism won't spread if we, the players, don't spread it."

On my first night, I had 3 new vampire townies walking around Forgotten Hollow, with the already-existing vamps nowhere in sight. If the walkby needed 3 vamps, well, I already had 3 vamps. If we need vampire walkbys, why not use the existing vampires, Caleb, Lilith and Vlad?

Unnecessary Sim spawning has to go. I've mentioned it in the ideas forum from time to time, but why not a "Townie Job Manager" tool, to go along with the "Manage Households" tool? Let us pick and choose whether or not to spawn new Sims, or draw them from the existing pool (or manually assign Sims to these roles).

The Vampires Sims living in their homes were not eligible to be walkbys so new ones were spawned. Again, these sims get culled quickly, don't take up lots, don't turn other sims into vampires, don't spread their vampirism. We spawn sims for necessary jobs.

You have some really interesting and neat ideas about Townie management; I love it! :blush:
    Something like that is more of a global, patch-worthy game change, but not really within the scope/focus of a GP.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Vampires generate at a small chance in all neighborhoods between 1am-5am as walk-bys (they don't live in a house or anything like that).
    They generate at a much higher chance in forgotten hollow and are almost guaranteed there.

There are also ‘faux’ vampires that have a small chance of spawning between 10pm – 2pm. These aren't really Vampires, but humans who wear Vampire clothes, because they are posers and want to front like they're a real vampire. Like above, a small chance for them to appear in all worlds and a greater chance in forgotten hollow.

Waiters and bartenders: These are just grabbed from Sims that exist in your world. If there are not enough Sims to fill this position (Sims are busy, they already have other jobs, they are not selectable for this job, etc.) the game generates a Sim to fill the role. This could be (but is not encouraged to be) a vampire. We did do work to make sure vampires don’t spawn by default if the job is scheduled for a day time shift.

Vlads texts and tweets are not contained to forgotten hollow. He will occasionally visit a sleeping human Sim at night. This has a very high chance to occur the 1st time and then is dramatically lowered.

NPC Vamps never bite and turn other Sims into Vampires.
    NPC Vamps are never moved into lots (except for the 2 lots by default in Forgotten Hollow)
    NPC Vamps will never replace a player Sim or any other Sim living in the world.

@SimGuruNinja thanks for the info, however i was wondering if there's a way to make vampires autonomously use their power (it's how should be) including biting other sims? like something you do in game to increase the vampires autonomy?
    I bought this pack because i love vampires and i want them to use their power :)

NPC vampires in my game are constantly using their powers, especially teleportation. And they bite other sims making them falling asleep. The only thing they don't do autonomously - they don't turn others, but they bite townies all the time. Only if they don't have powers or weaknesses that forbid them to bite, of course (Caleb Vatore have such traits for example).
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

On my first night, I had 3 new vampire townies walking around Forgotten Hollow, with the already-existing vamps nowhere in sight. If the walkby needed 3 vamps, well, I already had 3 vamps. If we need vampire walkbys, why not use the existing vampires, Caleb, Lilith and Vlad?

The Vampires Sims living in their homes were not eligible to be walkbys so new ones were spawned. Again, these sims get culled quickly, don't take up lots, don't turn other sims into vampires, don't spread their vampirism. We spawn sims for necessary jobs.

You have some really interesting and neat ideas about Townie management; I love it! :blush:
    Something like that is more of a global, patch-worthy game change, but not really within the scope/focus of a GP.

Thanks for the explanation. :)
    Although I really hope the team will consider patching in a job manager. I've had too many of my own (unhoused, unplayed) Sims culled in favour of another weirdo in a racoon suit.
    wJbomAo.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    Vampires generate at a small chance in all neighborhoods between 1am-5am as walk-bys (they don't live in a house or anything like that).
    They generate at a much higher chance in forgotten hollow and are almost guaranteed there.

There are also ‘faux’ vampires that have a small chance of spawning between 10pm – 2pm. These aren't really Vampires, but humans who wear Vampire clothes, because they are posers and want to front like they're a real vampire. Like above, a small chance for them to appear in all worlds and a greater chance in forgotten hollow.

Waiters and bartenders: These are just grabbed from Sims that exist in your world. If there are not enough Sims to fill this position (Sims are busy, they already have other jobs, they are not selectable for this job, etc.) the game generates a Sim to fill the role. This could be (but is not encouraged to be) a vampire. We did do work to make sure vampires don’t spawn by default if the job is scheduled for a day time shift.

Vlads texts and tweets are not contained to forgotten hollow. He will occasionally visit a sleeping human Sim at night. This has a very high chance to occur the 1st time and then is dramatically lowered.

NPC Vamps never bite and turn other Sims into Vampires.
    NPC Vamps are never moved into lots (except for the 2 lots by default in Forgotten Hollow)
    NPC Vamps will never replace a player Sim or any other Sim living in the world.

@SimGuruNinja thanks for the info, however i was wondering if there's a way to make vampires autonomously use their power (it's how should be) including biting other sims? like something you do in game to increase the vampires autonomy?
    I bought this pack because i love vampires and i want them to use their power :)

NPC vampires in my game are constantly using their powers, especially teleportation. And they bite other sims making them falling asleep. The only thing they don't do autonomously - they don't turn others, but they bite townies all the time. Only if they don't have powers or weaknesses that forbid them to bite, of course (Caleb Vatore have such traits for example).

Awesome!

• SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited January 2017

Thanks for the explanation. :)
    Although I really hope the team will consider patching in a job manager. I've had too many of my own (unhoused, unplayed) Sims culled in favour of another weirdo in a racoon suit.

Culling, sim caps, & population management is a SUPER important topic for us internally; ESPECIALLY as the game grows with every patch & pack. I think we've been getting better and better about these issues as the game has matured, but we still have work to do. We'll keep at it! Promise!
  • Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    my sim are friends with 4 vampires and they are very nice :) i love the sims 4 so much to do