Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interconnecting Worlds

MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
Have you ever thought about how all the Sims 4 worlds are linked? In my game I pretend that Newcrest is right next to Willow Creek but just closer to San Myshuno and Magnolia promenade is an extension of Newcrest. Then the little island in the top left of the San Myshuno map is the "modern business district" in Windenburg. Then the green rural area in Windenburg is connected to Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow. Oasis Springs doesn't fit anywhere. Yet. Do you think the devs did this on purpose?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I'm sure there is a 'method to their madness', as it were. I did catch a glimpse at what looked like the boarded up old mining tunnel in Oasis Springs …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I think they're completely different towns, places, away from each other.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I pretend that they're different timelines (I roleplay as a Time Lord).
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I do not think they are connected at all.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think they are connected. Like San Myshuno is the big city, and Willow Creek and Oasis Valley are connected by public transport. I probably think that as I stay in a small village outside a city. And I figure San Myshuno can't be far from the other places as sims can attend festivals and go out there.
  • REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »
    I pretend that they're different timelines (I roleplay as a Time Lord).

I just read this and clicked on your challenge from 2015. That's to say: Wow! That's cool! Timelords are completely my style. I made a T.A.R.D.I.S. some time ago.

Since each world has different climates and terrain, I kind of think of it as different parts of a country. San Myshuno is California (San Fransisco), Oasis Springs is Idaho (Soda Springs). Newcrest is ... rural Minnesota. They could just as easily be alternate dimensions.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I'm sure there is a 'method to their madness', as it were. I did catch a glimpse at what looked like the boarded up old mining tunnel in Oasis Springs …

I hope you know you can actually go inside there. When your Sim gets a level ten in their handiness skill they can smash open that boarded up entrance which will lead them into a hidden lot that's a cave! It's really beautiful in there. Lots of bats.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I hate that their so connected... I like to pretend Windenburg and WillowCreek are lands and oceans apart. My sims grand parents are suppose to live there. so it would mean something when my sims go to visit them... but it's meaningless if the game choses those sims to spawn and I see them walk down the street or show up where my sim works... everyday.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Granite Falls and Windenburg seem to be related in some way - by trees.
    I think one can see either Windenburg or Newcrest in the background of San Myshuno?
    Or at least one can see a city in the background of Newcrest for sure.
    Willow Creek and Magnolia just feel the same.
    I think the only one I'm not convinced was made with a connection in mind is Oasis Springs.
    (Which is my favourite world honestly.)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I am pretty sure when Newcrest came out, a dev made a comment that they purposely make each of the worlds have some sort of connection.

They mentioned the train you see in Willow Creek can be seen in Oasis Springs, and that the boat from Willow Creek ends up docking in Magnolia Promenade. There's a section of Newcrest where you can see Oasis Springs and what looks to be Granite Falls in the distance.

That said, that was as of Newcrest. Where we only had WC, OS and GF. (Get To Work hoods and Newcrest are extensions of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs). I'm not sure how Widenburg fits in, or how they made that connected.

San Myshuno is obviously the City in the distance in Willow Creek, Newcrest & Mag Prom. The Park in San Myshuno also looks like it's near Newcrest. You can also see a City in the distance of Windenburg, so perhaps Windenburg could be set on the other side of San Myshuno.

I doubt the Developers think this much into it, but they DID say they want the worlds to feel connected and had purposely set out to do so.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Well, I think this is where freedom of one's creativity comes into play. Believe it or not, I only have one save in Sims 2, and it's Pleasantview. I didn't like that "every subhood,downtown" would be the same in each differnt main "neighborhood" (Pleasantview vs Belladonna cove or Strangetown). So with that being said, I think it's fun to just take some creative liberty and create it in your mind as you wish. It's hard to be particular in a game where teleportation is the norm, even from the top of a sky scrapper.

When I play the 4 era, I will like the OP just kinda create it in my mind with what makes sense. What I didn't like in the begining was how they made the neighborhood's of town's not seem cohesive from the main map. I don't like that it seems in the map that "so and so's" house is just through the woods, but in game, it's something completely different. That annoys me, so you *must* take that liberty in your mind.

It's amazing how "beliefs" run our minds. People who go through Spiritual Awakenings can be the best examples, but even in something like the Sims... for instance, in Sims 2 I always had the "belief" that "bluewater village" was just a little ways down the highway from Pleasantview so it was a quick trip to the grocery store. The loading is quick. My "Sim City" (downtown) custom neighborhood takes a while to load, so in my mind I decided "sim city" was a bit away from Pleasantview. In my "Sims reality" that's how it is. In my stories, in my game play... and what's funny is even after all this time, it still is that way. I will literally think "oh, it's too late to go to the city" lol even though, in reality, it's not. LOL but it programmed my belief so strongly in that game, whereas I never have the thought that BV is too far for anytime of day. This is literally because this is how I designed it in my head. LOL B)

In my Sims 4 game, Willow Creek is a subhood of NewCrest and MP is an area in between. Oasis Springs, Windenburg & San Myshuno will all be individual places that are connected by an imaginary highway.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    My Cantrell family was created when I wrote Night Whispers, a Star Trek fan fiction trilogy. So, when I play them, they are in the future and not always on Earth. When I play my ancestors, they lived in the 18th century, so Willow Creek becomes the Shenandoah Valley, sort of, and when I move them Southwest from there, Newcrest will become the Watauga Settlements. You can imagine just how excited I was for Sims3 ITF, since it played out nicely for my futuristic game play. ;) Here's to maybe someday, getting a Past GP, or EP, or even SP. So glad I found a loom and a spinning wheel. Objects, only, but it helps build the ambiance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think that Oasis Springs is just a desert town that can be attractive for sims to visit while they try to get to the main suburb Willow Creek and it's great for backpacking so it has a lot of diners and places for sims to take a break from the trip, then Newcrest is just an extension of willow creek and Magnolia it's the business area of willow creek, where sims go to work. Then I think San Myshuno is the town of Willow Creek, which to me it's just a suburb. Granite falls is part of Willow Creek meant to be a natural reserve. Forgotten Hollow is a train away from Willow Creek and it's also a residential area. Finally Windenburg is the farthest one, it's a long flight and sims can't go there that often.

I see it like that lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I like everyone's different interpretations of the worlds
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I hope the pets EP (speculation) comes with one that connects Oasis Springs closer to the others. Like maybe a rural town that fades into desert area.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I like to think of the worlds connected :smile:

Magnolia Promenade is between Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. It has palm trees.
  • mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2017
    I always assume that the worlds are connected too. Newcrest is between San Myshuno and Willow Creek.
    MP is just a part of Newcrest.
    Granite Falls could be located in between Willow Creek and Windenburg.
    Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow should be close to each other too.
    And Oasis Springs is far far away.

I hope one day they show us the big picture :)