Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I edit my Dark Form?

Hi all.

My Sim just got turned and all I can edit is her clothes and her hair. How do I edit skin/fangs/eyes? I'm especially interested in editing her skin, as I don't really enjoy the cracked looking lines all over her face.

Comments

• MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Ahem I'll just go hide under the covers from embarrasment... I can edit her FACE in the mirror, can't I?
    Mettsen wrote: »
    Ahem I'll just go hide under the covers from embarrasment... I can edit her FACE in the mirror, can't I?

It doesn't work :( Is there no way to edit your dark form? There is probably a cheat somewhere, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    edited January 2017
    you have to use a cheat.. its the only way you have to type in testingcheats and then use the cheat cas.fulleditmode which allows you to use all create a sim options there is no other way to change the dark form.

to be fair.. its not really a cheat so i dont see why you would have a problem using it.. at least if you only use it to change appearance i mean you could use it to change traits too but its not really cheating if you just change appearance.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You have to take your sim back into CAS and edit from there.

1) type: testingcheats on
    2) hold SHIFT, left click sim
    3) click MODIFY IN CAS
    4) change as you want
    5) exit CAS
    6) type: testingcheats off
    you have to use a cheat.. its the only way you have to type in testingcheats and then use the cheat cas.fulleditmode which allows you to use all create a sim options there is no other way to change the dark form.

to be fair.. its not really a cheat so i dont see why you would have a problem using it.. at least if you only use it to change appearance i mean you could use it to change traits too but its not really cheating if you just change appearance.

Thanks @Dannydanbo and @Selena_Soule

I wanted to know about cheat-free options in case there was something really obvious I'd missed.
    @Dannydanbo and @Selena_Soule your suggestions don't work. The face menu in CAS is greyed out.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Dannydanbo and @Selena_Soule your suggestions don't work. The face menu in CAS is greyed out.

Be sure you're typing: testingcheats on (then hit enter) and then type cas.fulleditmode and then go ahead and shift click on your sim for the "modify in CAS" option to come up.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    And be sure you are typing all this before you go into cas:)
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    You can edit the dark form fully if you edit the family via manage worlds, if your on manage worlds you can go to see your active sims and what not currently, and you can edit the vampire fully this way.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I was able to edit the dark form without cheats, by clicking on the dresser - change sim - you can do it all from there, though with one vamp it wouldn't stick - had to do it several times - I get the feeling that it's because he only just turned - if you leave it about half a sim day it seems less likely to undo itself.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    mariah6194 wrote: »

Be sure you're typing: testingcheats on (then hit enter) and then type cas.fulleditmode and then go ahead and shift click on your sim for the "modify in CAS" option to come up.

I tried it on a normal Sim and it worked. It also works now on my vampire Sim. I can only conclude that exiting the game somehow helped ungrey the face menu.

Thank you everybody for helping me :)
    edited January 2017
    What you actually need to do is:

ctrl +shift + c

type: testingcheats on
    (in the cheat window it will say "cheats are enabled")

then type: cas.fulleditmode
    (nothing will come up in the cheat window in response to you typing this)

DO NOT close the cheat window yet (It won't work if you close it now)

with cheat window still open, shift + left click on sim, select edit in cas or modify in cas (I forget which it is) - it's on the right of the options.

Then when you're in cas you can close the cheat window.
    Make your changes, click the tick.

When you're back in-wold, open the cheat window again, type: testingcheats off
    (in the cheat window it will say "cheats are disabled")
    close cheat window.

edited for more info.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I was able to edit the dark form without cheats, by clicking on the dresser - change sim - you can do it all from there, though with one vamp it wouldn't stick - had to do it several times - I get the feeling that it's because he only just turned - if you leave it about half a sim day it seems less likely to undo itself.

This. On a dresser or mirror click 'change sim' not 'change appearance'

--T
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I can confirm '' change sim '' does the trick. I had this same issue, not being able to change the dark form.
    In hindsight, change sim only worked for a short while then it changed back - only fulleditmode changed it for good.
  • Friggin_ticked95Friggin_ticked95 Posts: 1 New Member
    How about for the Xbox? Can't really keep the cheat window open AND click on a sim at the same time on there... Soooo... What can I do?
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    You used to be able to edit your newly turned vampire using "Change Sim". At some point this was removed whether by accident or design I don't know. I have edited my turned sims dark form by using either cas.fulleditmode or "manage worlds then edit family".

However recently I was able to edit the dark form without any of that and I don't know why that happened. I also don't know if that is a permanent change or is going to be random.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey! So as you thankfully got answered (Thanks Bronwin!) I'm going to close this off as it's been inactive since 2017. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top