Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire NPCs

So I'm confused on how vampires are handled in the pack. I know there are the 3 starter ones in Forgotten Hollow, and unless you control them to turn people vampirism won't spread. However, I've seen a post or two where people have seen vampires in other worlds.

So my question is does the game spawn like 1 or 2 vampire NPCs in each world to wander around? Or does it turn 1 or 2 sims already in the world into a vampire the way Sims 3 would randomly change a sim into a vampire?

Comments

• dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Maybe you could clear this up. Or is it a surprise kind of thing?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've seen vampire waiters. It's a little odd seeing them turn into bats after taking the orders, and turning into bats delivering the food.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Yeah, I've seen a vampire barista in Windenburg. She drank blood from clients after they ordered their coffee :smile:
    But I've never seen a premade sim autonomously been turned to vampire.
    Oh okay. That's cool, so like service sims can be vampires, but premade sims in the towns don't get turned into a vampire by the pack just so there is a vampire in the town.
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Vampires can be spawned in as service sims or if your lot has the trait that attracts vampires but no it does not spread to people who are not vampires on its own.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yep, here is one from Forgotten Hollow working in a food stand. If your wondering, he has the vampire strength to be out in the sun.
    16251759_730827803734184_5128335815194291077_o.jpg?oh=3f8d93b7ab0a69a70c4367acd84d01ca&oe=591399A5
    edited January 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Yep, here is one from Forgotten Hollow working in a food stand. If your wondering, he has the vampire strength to be out in the sun.
    16251759_730827803734184_5128335815194291077_o.jpg?oh=3f8d93b7ab0a69a70c4367acd84d01ca&oe=591399A5

See that isn't a randomly generated NPC though. That's one of the 3 starter vampires from Forgotten Hollow, at least it looks like him.

I'm wondering if they create new vampires in each world so there is one in each or something. Or do we only have the 3 that come with Forgotten Hollow.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Vampires generate at a small chance in all neighborhoods between 1am-5am as walk-bys (they don't live in a house or anything like that).
    They generate at a much higher chance in forgotten hollow and are almost guaranteed there.

There are also ‘faux’ vampires that have a small chance of spawning between 10pm – 2pm. These aren't really Vampires, but humans who wear Vampire clothes, because they are posers and want to front like they're a real vampire. Like above, a small chance for them to appear in all worlds and a greater chance in forgotten hollow.

Waiters and bartenders: These are just grabbed from Sims that exist in your world. If there are not enough Sims to fill this position (Sims are busy, they already have other jobs, they are not selectable for this job, etc.) the game generates a Sim to fill the role. This could be (but is not encouraged to be) a vampire. We did do work to make sure vampires don’t spawn by default if the job is scheduled for a day time shift.

Vlads texts and tweets are not contained to forgotten hollow. He will occasionally visit a sleeping human Sim at night. This has a very high chance to occur the 1st time and then is dramatically lowered.

NPC Vamps never bite and turn other Sims into Vampires.
    NPC Vamps are never moved into lots (except for the 2 lots by default in Forgotten Hollow)
    NPC Vamps will never replace a player Sim or any other Sim living in the world.

Thank you Zafireria, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Well actually now I have another question hahahaha. Are the vampires that are spawned able to turn sims, so like if my sim asked them to turn them they would be able to or would they not have that ability?
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited January 2017
    dmel15 wrote: »

Well actually now I have another question hahahaha. Are the vampires that are spawned able to turn sims, so like if my sim asked them to turn them they would be able to or would they not have that ability?
    i know vlad can. He's the vampire living in the biggest house. I have heard caleb can as well, he lives with his sister near the big house.

EDIT: I apparently got the question a bit wrong woops! The vampires memtioed above has the ability to turn your sim if you wish.
    Post edited by Zafireria on
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

They can autonomously drink from Sims, but they will NEVER autonomously bite & turn a Sim into a Vampire.
    That said, you can absolutely ASK a NPC Vampire to bite & turn you (provided they have the Vampire Creation power). That is completely supported and acceptable. :blush:

They can autonomously drink from Sims, but they will NEVER autonomously bite & turn a Sim into a Vampire.
    That said, you can absolutely ASK a NPC Vampire to bite & turn you (provided they have the Vampire Creation power). That is completely supported and acceptable. :blush:

Do the randomly generated vampires have the perk vampire creation?
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

Some do; some don't. They have randomized ranks & powers.

Some do; some don't. They have randomized ranks & powers.

Okay cool. Thanks for answering my questions.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    My regular neighborhoods are being overrun by NPC vampires, including those breaking in to attack non-vampire sims. This includes homes where at least one resident is a vampire already. Adding insult to injury, there is no option for the vampire to defend their home and family. If we are going to be inundated with the things, there should be adequate means of protection/defense available.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I created a vampire/vampire hunter, so he's going to pick off all those pesky NPC vampires.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I haven't played a normal Sim save since I got the vampire pack. However, I do have a park I made for a perfect garden that has a cabana with many things to keep Sims occupied and a separate kitchen and full bathrooms, etc.

I took my vampire family there along with Caleb, Lilith and Vlad from FH. There was already an NPC vampire there when we arrived (practicing his mist powers in one of the bathrooms). A few more vampires came later, one of them being an 'offspring' of my vampire and received training, and the others being NPC vamps.

There were also several normal Sims there; adults, kids, teens, from other neighborhoods (like the Goths, Caliente's, other NPC's). Yeah, the park always attracts many. Some stay for awhile, some just come and go.

At no time did any vampires do anything to anyone. It was just as normal; Sims talking, watching TV or playing on computer, playing chess, dancing, eating, taking showers, making friends. That kind of thing.

The only difference I noticed is that the vampires that didn't come with us left immediately at 5 a.m. Our group left shortly after as the sun comes up then.

But it's a great place to be. There's always so much going on, the night goes very fast. Our toddler was there and one of the family fed her, took her potty (which she mastered), and others talked to her and Cassandra Goth taught her to dance. She was exhausted when she got home and went right to bed.

Vlad watched TV all night but talked with anyone that sat with him until my Sim asked him for training. That only lasted a short while though and then he sat back down to watch more TV. Pretty good for him, I think, since he isn't outgoing.

Lilith was very outgoing. Talked to everyone, danced with anyone, played chess...she was all over the place. Caleb talked a bit, danced a bit, and ended up liking the computer.

Cassandra Goth (teen) seemed to get to know everyone; my entire family, Lilith, Caleb and even Vlad. She's a real go-getter. I wonder if that means anything to the vamps (?). We'll see how it goes. Maybe she knows Mortimer is one of my Sims offspring?

In all honesty, I don't think you need to fear anywhere vampires may be around. They really do act like normal Sims in other neighborhoods. Forgotten Hollow is a special place with only a few special vampires that may do things now and then, but nothing really important unless you want and ask for it.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2017
    Aww! Your description sounded so very cute, @Simberella777 ! Thank you for sharing. Definitely brought a smile to my face. :smile:

And, yes, I am noticing that the vamps seem to be like normal Sims, too.

Very friendly, for the most part, even Vlad. :tongue:

I don't think I have much vamps in my neighborhoods, or perhaps they're all in human disguise? How do you know if a townie is a vamp and not a Poser faux one?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    I have some questions about vampire NPCs, in my game, none of them died by walking outside during the day. However, I've read that they can die (vampire npcs). Is there a simple way to protect them without playing them ?? :open_mouth:

Also, I know vampires have no reflections in mirrors, but what about selfies? Seems it's not working anymore :(
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I've noticed his does get around the food stalls quite a bit, but I'm glad to see he's happier selling produce. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2017
    sidney216 wrote: »
    I have some questions about vampire NPCs, in my game, none of them died by walking outside during the day. However, I've read that they can die (vampire npcs). Is there a simple way to protect them without playing them ?? :open_mouth:

For me, if my played sim is friendly enough with the unplayed sim, I just Form a Group with the vamp in it, and then have them "Go Here Together" (or to do any indoor activity together) in order to get the vamp inside or under some shaded areas.

Sometimes, I would have a sim indoors or under a shaded area and then have them "Call Over" the vamp friend to head towards that direction.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I had my vampire stand in the park in FH and introduce themselves to the male NPC walk-by vampires. Now they are a club called The Lost Boys (after the film).