March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Tamaek wrote: »
    And that was informative, learn something knew everyday I guess. I agree though, that it isn't the same but unfortunately that is how I watch most movies, at home on my tv. Because I just can't go to the movies as often as I'd like. Besides the money finding someone to watch my kids for me is hard because of their health and the health of the people I usually ask. I'd wanted to take my parents to see Rogue One but that isn't happening this year. Things are off to a rough start this year.

I don't usually go see movies in the theatres either, but I know my parents think I should get out more and I thought seeing Moana would be a good opportunity to do just that (which obviously isn't happening anymore).
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @Tamaek Popcorn kernels get stuck in my teeth and as for the snacks part, I sneak in my own snacks :joy: I take a visit to a Dollar Store and buy bags of Starbursts, sour gummy worms, and maybe skittles for under, like, 3 USD. I stash 'em in my handy dandy purse :wink: I refuse to spend 5.50 USD for a single ounce of candy at the theatre. It's highway robbery for how much they charge for the small portions of candy. :worried: Wish I would spend that much! lol

Wait a minute, hold your horses! 5.50 USD for an ounce of candy? I know where I live buying at the theatres is definitely far more expensive than buying it in store, but that price is outrageous! (mind you that I usually buy pre-packaged candy rather than buying bulk candy, the latter usually being very expensive)
    Hoplass wrote: »
    I also used to bring something myself but those times are over. They check your purse nowadays, so sneaking something in is not really possible anymore. My boyfriend once had to leave a leftover sandwich from lunch at work, he was not allowed to keep it. From all possible snacks you eat during a movie, I don't think many people would choose a sandwich peanut butter :p .

:open_mouth: They check bags and purses where you live? Well, I would not make that cut :lol: I always carry a waterbottle in my backpack (though I don't know if they ask you to throw away drinks as well?). I've never had to show anyone in the theatres what's in my bag. Honestly, I think that would kind of ruin my night and instead of concentrating on the movie I would just sit there being upset that they went through my backpack. A woman's backpack is her castle, right? :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

Wait a minute, hold your horses! 5.50 USD for an ounce of candy? I know where I live buying at the theatres is definitely far more expensive than buying it in store, but that price is outrageous! (mind you that I usually buy pre-packaged candy rather than buying bulk candy, the latter usually being very expensive)

Yep! An ounce costs that much. If I believe correctly, the boxes of candy are usually around 1.2-1.3 ounces, costing that much while the same exact boxes cost a buck at a nearby grocery store.

I always make sure to bring a medium sized purse because depending on who's working that day, they may want to check your purse if it's super large. If I'm not feeling like carrying a purse, I use my hoodie pockets and keep my hands planted inside over my candies until I'm seated in the theater.

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

I always make sure to bring a medium sized purse because depending on who's working that day, they may want to check your purse if it's super large. If I'm not feeling like carrying a purse, I use my hoodie pockets and keep my hands planted inside over my candies until I'm seated in the theater.

Lol, we've got some really experienced shady and sneaky candy smugglers in this thread, don't we? :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Tamaek are you getting deja vu? Didn't we have this whole movie theater/snack conversation back in November? Or was that over on the DD thread? But now that I'm reading this I realize that there is half a package of Sour Patch Kids in my coat pocket from Saturday night when I saw Hidden Figures. Great movie about the black women who were pivotal in the early days of the American space program.

For the record, I'm a candy guy over popcorn. The Sour Patch Kids being my go to. Sometimes I'll bring them in, but I'll buy them there if I forget to stop. I mostly go to the National Theater/Showcase chain and they have a decent rewards program, so buying at the concessions at least earns points toward free tickets and snacks.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Egh, I can't stand candy. I don't find it to be worth it, not to mention sour ones. Don't treat my teeth nicely. But not even caramel popcorn @Jude525?
    23rif7.gif
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @Tamaek and @LillaGrisen , he's better. We have an appointment at the hospital this thursday. He lost a lot of weight not from the disease but from not wanting to eat. I was breastfeeding him and when he was supposed to start eating soup, or anything else, he rejected it. My work schedule does't allow me to breasfeed him regulary. Things are a bit difficult now.
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    :open_mouth: They check bags and purses where you live? Well, I would not make that cut :lol: I always carry a waterbottle in my backpack (though I don't know if they ask you to throw away drinks as well?). I've never had to show anyone in the theatres what's in my bag. Honestly, I think that would kind of ruin my night and instead of concentrating on the movie I would just sit there being upset that they went through my backpack. A woman's backpack is her castle, right? :lol:

Well, they don't go through your purse but you have to open it. My purse is really small, so hiding anything is not really possible. I'm not sure about water bottles though...
    Also in winter it's easier because I can hide candy in my gloves, and who would check those? :D
    Hmmm a hoody @Nomiko13 that's a great idea! ;)
    Also in winter it's easier because I can hide candy in my gloves, and who would check those? :D

At this rate we could all probably become professional candy smugglers in no time! :lol:

It's great tips, though, for people who have this problem. I'll try and remember these things in case the day ever comes when they start checking the bags and purses here too. Luckily I love hoodies and we have minus (celsius) degrees here during winter :smile: Though I suppose there could be issues in case I want to smuggle chocolate... :expressionless:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2017

At this rate we could all probably become professional candy smugglers in no time! :lol:

It's great tips, though, for people who have this problem. I'll try and remember these things in case the day ever comes when they start checking the bags and purses here too. Luckily I love hoodies and we have minus (celsius) degrees here during winter :smile: Though I suppose there could be issues in case I want to smuggle chocolate... :expressionless:
    If you think they're strict in movie theatres, try theatres for live performance lol.

Once, on my way to a musical, my dinner ran late and I had to take the whole meal in a to-go container. They made me throw out my entire dinner at the door. :s Another time, when I wasn't running late, I crouched outside the doors to the lobby scarfing down my grilled cheese before I could enter the theatre. I've also had to throw out bottled drinks, like I'm going through airport security or something. Some of this is to make you buy their refreshments, but another big part of it is related to cleanliness in the theatres, especially the historic ones.

(fyi, if I were a Sim, I would so totally have the grilled cheese lifetime want.)
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    @Jude525 This does feel a bit familiar... lol Yeah sour patch kids are my sister's favorite movie snack. I like those or twizzlers. Depends on my mood.

@AuzzPanda It's the popcorn that gets in my teeth. The kernels hurt and the those little sharp flat pieces tend to slide into my gums and hurt my teeth. :'( Plus I really don't care for salt on hardly anything. There is one popcorn I do like, though. Homemade. Where you get a bag of kernels and big pot with a lid. Just a teeny, tiny bit of cooking oil to help heat it and hold the pot and shake it with oven mitts until it is full of delightful, homepopped unbuttered, unsalted popcorn. Love that stuff. My mom used to pop it for us when we were kids and she taught us how.

@Nomiko13 Yeah that's exactly the prices at our theatre and don't get me started on drinks. $4.50 for a 16 oz bottle of water! It's crazy!

@Hoplass they check our stuff, too. We can bring in small stuff in my son's Diabetic bag for emergency snacks and water for him but that's all they let slide. And it feels wrong, like bad karma, to use his bag to smuggle in stuff.

@elphieluvr I understand that. I don't get to go to live performances hardly at all but yeah they are pretty strict about that stuff. Although there is a local theatre that holds musicals in an outdoor amphitheatre every summer and a few years ago they started doing a performance of their signature show (the one that brings tourists from as far away as Europe to see, I live in the East coast of USA) for the handicapped. It is specifically so that people with physical or mental disabilities can go and see it and it is totally free. You just have to call and reserve seats and they don't limit family or friends from going. It's nice. My daughter loves it but because of her severe autism she can't go to a show like that where we pay because she sometimes gets upset or restless and it disturbs the other paying customers. She's not like that as much in cinemas but in live theatres she gets a little more on edge. I think it is because they tend to run longer. So it was really great and then after they come out and meet and greet everyone and they are super nice to her. They dress in old fashion southern belle gowns and my daughter loves them! It's awesome! :D And so far my little boy is doing good. He's not sick. ^_^

@Astreia I'm sorry to hear that your little angel is still not feeling well. Poor little guy. Maybe you could try pumping him some milk for when you aren't there. I really hope he gets to feeling better soon. An unhappy baby is an unhappy household, or so has been my experience. Just try not to worry yourself sick, too. I know, yeah right, but still don't forget to take care of you, too. He needs you to be in good shape for him. My prayers are with you guys.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    I almost forgot! I found the coolest mod to go with the roller coaster from the Boardwalk and the Carousel from the World of Wonder Carousel Collection! A working Ferris Wheel!

I thought it was neat and worth sharing. Take care guys. ^_^
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Astreia wrote: »
    Thank you @Tamaek and @LillaGrisen , he's better. We have an appointment at the hospital this thursday. He lost a lot of weight not from the disease but from not wanting to eat. I was breastfeeding him and when he was supposed to start eating soup, or anything else, he rejected it. My work schedule does't allow me to breasfeed him regulary. Things are a bit difficult now.

My stepmother couldn't breastfeed, so what she did was she got one of those pumps to get the milk out and then she'd freeze it into little ice cubes to get it whenever needed.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    @Tamaek
    OOOOH yes, that gets really annoying, true. I have a popcorn machine at home actually. Absolutely delicious. Doing it on the stove sounds difficult though, kudos to your mum!
    23rif7.gif
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    @tamaek, @Jahnna I've already given him my milk in a bottle, the problem is that he just wants my breasts, he refuses to eat from a spoon or drink from a bottle! Such a strong will power for such a little baby! I'm hoping the hospital pediatrician will give me some useful advices.
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Link to my wishlist in my signature. The items I need from these sets are on there. Thank you in advance!

1. Victorian Fashions (pieces of set in wishlist)
    2. Fifth Avenue Fashions (pieces of set in wishlist)
    3. Collectionne Stancke (pieces of set in wishlist)
    4. The Boardwalk
    5. The Last Venue of Amore

So I updated my top 5. I just bought the Jazz Age Living Room. MMAO wouldn't give me offers for the last 8 items, so I just bought it for 295. Not bad. So yeah. The first 3 I need certain items from them that I have added to my wishlist. The other two are venues. I have more venues on my wishlist if you are looking for a slightly cheaper one. Anyway. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Lol, we've got some really experienced shady and sneaky candy smugglers in this thread, don't we? :lol:

:joy: Hahah!

Hoodies are literally my favorite articles of clothing to wear for their comfort and that bonus of snack smuggling :wink:

@elphieluvr that's horrible that made you throw out your food at the door. I would've been heartbroken, because leftovers are my life. :heartbreak:
    Tamaek wrote: »

@Nomiko13 Yeah that's exactly the prices at our theatre and don't get me started on drinks. $4.50 for a 16 oz bottle of water! It's crazy!

It's highway robbery, I tell ya! :sweat: And thanks for that insider about the ferris wheel! I saved the link to my tab and will download it when I get the time :wink:

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Tamaek I love that ferris wheel. But those colors! I sure hope it has other options when you place it. But I am really impressed with all the special actions the person programmed in for the different Sim personality traits. And also I noticed in the video that someone can get on as someone else is getting off, so you could theoretically have a steady stream of customers.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525
    I agree about the colours.. A bit too vibrant :#
    23rif7.gif
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    @Jude525 Yeah, I saw this mod awhile back but never downloaded it because of the colors haha. It looks a little like a plastic structure on a kids' playground (although that would be the most awesome playground ever tbh).
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
    The Ferris wheel is recolourable in three channels and I agree that it is a bit... bright? But it works very well and is really cool. They get on and off without trouble. It is really pretty neat. ^_^

• KikyoMibuKikyoMibu Posts: 18 Member
    Link to my store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=KikyoMibu# The items I need from these sets are on there.
    1. Tutor of Tudors (pieces are in the wishlist)
    2. Fifth Avenue Fashions (pieces are in the wishlist)
    3. Collectionne Stäncké (pieces are in the wishlist)
    4. Date Night (pieces are in the wishlist)
    5. Aurora Skies

Thank you guys in advance! xD Sorry but I dont know how to set up my sig in here even though I been in here since 2013
    edited January 2017
    @KikyoMibu The reason you can't change your sig is because you don't have full membership yet (If you look at your comment you see it says "Rank: New Member"). I heard this system exist to minimize the amount of trolls on the forums (apparently this used to be a big issue, but I wouldn't know since I've only been active here since december). As a new member there are certain things you can't do that full members can, such as post links, edit sigs, change profile pic etc. You're probably better off reading this thread. It explains everything more thorougly; what you can and can't do as a "New Member" and how you can attain your full membership :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Updated my top 5, by the way.
    Don't worry about it ;)
    KikyoMibu wrote: »
    Link to my store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=KikyoMibu# The items I need from these sets are on there.
    1. Tutor of Tudors (pieces are in the wishlist)
    2. Fifth Avenue Fashions (pieces are in the wishlist)
    3. Collectionne Stäncké (pieces are in the wishlist)
    4. Date Night (pieces are in the wishlist)
    5. Aurora Skies

Thank you guys in advance! xD Sorry but I dont know how to set up my sig in here even though I been in here since 2013

@KikyoMibu you're 31 points and 27 forum posts from becoming a member :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Kitiara thank you for the other gift! <3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg