Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Rolling up a couple of posts here. Back to work this week.

Net problems, I've reset my router 4 times in 2 days. My game plays so much better if I'm not online, though, I've been leaving it be, until I need to get on the net to do something.
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi.
    Could someone help me and tell me why my relationship statuses change although i have changed all the decays to "0".

Thank you! <3

This is a very good question. Have you found anything out? I'd love more details.

That isn't supposed to happen, and doesn't with just MC.

Possibly you have not-updated mods or cc files (from before Jan 12) that are borking updated scripts.

If you haven't tried it with JUST MC installed (on a COPY game, so cc will stay set up in your real game), try that, and let us know what happens.

itsmegamo wrote: »
    After installing the latest version (3.1.0) my sims have gotten sick more easily; like, two sims sick (one once, the other twice) in one sim day.
    I have dl'd other CC today (CAS/objects/poses); but in terms of gameplay mods, I only updated MCCC.

Have to go to bed, and I didn't get to play more than a couple sim days as I was fiddling with poses and photos. The sick buff frequency just seemed odd to me so I thought I'd ask.

If no one else is having this issue, maybe it's just a fluke.

EDIT:

Not a fluke. Same two sims are frequently getting illness buffs. No new CC applied to them and no new mods dl'd, only the update to MCCC. :/

Same advice, if you haven't taken everything out besides MC to test, that's where I'd start.

Any pre-toddler-patch dated file is now suspect, IMO. I started /Mods fresh with JUST MC. Always. Then build back up, but not till I check every mod or file's site to see if I have the right, latest version.

That said, UI cheats will allow you to right click buffs to remove them. It's current, I'm using it... but if you already had 1.7, redownload it. It's a new file, post-patch version. The buff may come back if you zone out and back to them, but it'll stay gone as long as you're playing them. Bandaid.

Also, Show Sim Info will let you see all the hidden traits those sims have. Maybe it's something you can remove.

Example:

To remove the trait , use the cheat
    traits.remove_trait {TraitNameNoSpaces} without the brackets.

Traits.remove_trait x

Traits.equip_trait y

In place of x and y you type

trait_Hidden_Career_Activist_PoliticalPosition_Right
    or
    trait_Hidden_Career_Activist_PoliticalPosition_Left

Hope this helps!
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    Hi! I am new to MCCC and still trying to figure out all the settings but am enjoying it so far.

I have a question with regards to changing the life span duration, I have my game setting on long lifespan but if I use the age settings in MCCC does this override the game setting or does it add to it? For example the duration of the toddler stage on long life span is 28 days, if I set it to 30 in MCCC will his make my toddlers age up after 30 days or after 58 days?

To expand on this a little, the life span ages are calculated for NORMAL aging. When you change that to LONG, it will multiply those numbers by 4 to give you the in-game data. For SHORT, you divide those numbers by 2.

So, 20 at Normal would be 10 Short, and 80 Long.

To answer your question, the setting overwrites, so 30 is 30, not added to 28 to give you 58. (Or 30 is 15 or 120. Haha!)

A caution about pre-made elders... keep an eye on them as their original time of death approaches. It isn't an issue with NEW elders, but the ones the game provides might try to die on their original schedule, no matter how many days left MC shows them having. I flag mine with No Aging to be safe.

LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I know this might be a bit early to ask, but with vampires coming out in a little over a day, I was wondering something. With the MC modules, it sets up sims to get married, and have children. What I would like to know is, will there be a way a player (through MC) stop the vampires from getting married, and having children all on their own, yet allow the human sims to carry on as they should getting married and having children? I'm planning on playing rotational with the vampires only, and would like for Story Progression not to effect them, but allow the rest of the sims to carry on as normal.
    @LaBlue0314
    The same way it does now with played households. There are options to where you can set up marriages and pregnancies to either allow, or ignore played households, or romantic interests, etc. If it's NPC Vampires you're wondering about, then you may need to chase them all down and flag them to not get married / pregnant.

Ulfric is exactly right. Flags will let you do this. Never Marry, No Offspring, etc. Sim > MC > Flags.

You'll see different flags for played and (more available for) unplayed sims... I've been known to mark everybody BUT my sim as unplayed to do a flag setup blitz, then go around and re-play (to mark) the ones I want to keep their jobs (my number one reason for having other played sims).

The options TO get sims pregnant or married (marks, not flags) are under the Pregnancy menu, not Flags. Just FYI.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    I need some advice on relationship settings. Basically I want Sims 4 to work like Sims 2: Relationships stay stable except for the currently played household. Relationships of sims in that household to everyone else (played, unplayed, active, inactive) should drop gradually. I have around 14 households that I play on irregular intervals following no shedule.

So far I have set Relationship culling to type D and Population_Bypassculling to true, but I'm unsure what values to set for Decay_ratio_friendship and Deacy_ratio_romantic. Any tips?

I think I understand what you want to achieve, but with relationship culling set to 'D', there will be no relationship culling at all - without any exception. This is a global setting and will affect all households. There is no 'Bypass active household' option regarding relationship culling, which might be the (non-exsisting) solution you are looking for.

Also the friendship/romance decay is a global setting. But with relationship culling set to 'D', both settings will have no effect because they are overruled by 'D'. The relationship culling 'D' works like a circuit breaker.

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?
    Relationship culling is when a relationship that has reached 0 is deleted by the game. I do not want that to happen ever, so I think "D" is the way to go. (I do my culling of unwanted relationships manually).
    Decay is the slow degration of a relationship both positive or negative towards the 0 point. It should not be affected by any culling setting.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    As for the values: 100% for friendship/romance decay is Maxis default. It this is to fast for your gaming style, make a backup of your game data and try something between 75% and 50%.

To cut it short: As far as I know, there is no possiblilty in MC to simulate a Sims 2 environment regarding relationship culling.
    Sadly, yes, but coming close is good enough for me. I'll try your suggested values soon as the club system is repaired and I can enter my mainsave again :)

Yeah I knew the club thing could happen, but I didn't see it till a couple of days ago, here. And I'm not starting over, so, it is what it is. Good news (?) is, since the patch the points-wipe hasn't happened AGAIN.

Do you have a link to where people are following this?

They've got another chance to break stuff incoming tomorrow... sigh. Vampires leads me to hope for witches. That's as excited as I am for THIS pack (incoming mod/cc hose job... maybe. Remember City Living?).

(Toddlers=Anything is Possible!)

Work week, too, so I'll be in and out for updating info here, I'm afraid. Keep the fires burning, gang! I'm gonna be out of the loop for quick info, this week.

Speaking of work, about time to get ready... if I'm not back tonight, I'll check in in the morning. (One more post I'd like to write, but time... ugh.)
    I'll be asleep when Vampires come out, I work tonight. I'm going to try to crash earlier than usual, so hopefully I can get it installed when I wake up. And cruise MC for update info.

We *might* be okay... but, we thought that with CL too, and that isn't exactly what happened then.

I'm hopeful, but skeptical. And I won't know either way, till after whatever happens, is already in the books.

Not really playing this morning. I loaded the game, ran a log report, and a show sim info report on all 165 sims, then quit. I'd just passed an alarm, midnight on a new day seems like a good spot to add vampires. So, I'll wait.

Obscure side note, because 10:00 is too early for me to lay down, regardless... yesterday DP reached 100 patreons. :) I don't care who's in or out, or why either way, I just thought that was a cool milestone number, worth sharing. ;)

10:30 bedtime, I could see. I'll be back when I get up, and have had time to install, and check MC comments.

If you have any problems, please copy your game and test with JUST MC in /Mods. Those are the results I'll be asking you for.

Have a great day!
    One more thing (yeah, I"m late for that 1030 bed thing... eh) before I crash... UI Cheats has been versioned up to 1.8 now. I just found out this morning. So if you have 1.7 I mentioned last night, look again. :)
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I'll be asleep when Vampires come out, I work tonight. I'm going to try to crash earlier than usual, so hopefully I can get it installed when I wake up. And cruise MC for update info.

We *might* be okay... but, we thought that with CL too, and that isn't exactly what happened then.

I'm hopeful, but skeptical. And I won't know either way, till after whatever happens, is already in the books.

Not really playing this morning. I loaded the game, ran a log report, and a show sim info report on all 165 sims, then quit. I'd just passed an alarm, midnight on a new day seems like a good spot to add vampires. So, I'll wait.

Obscure side note, because 10:00 is too early for me to lay down, regardless... yesterday DP reached 100 patreons. :) I don't care who's in or out, or why either way, I just thought that was a cool milestone number, worth sharing. ;)

10:30 bedtime, I could see. I'll be back when I get up, and have had time to install, and check MC comments.

If you have any problems, please copy your game and test with JUST MC in /Mods. Those are the results I'll be asking you for.

Have a great day!

Now THAT is worth getting him in here for!

Grats @Deaderpool !
    And thanks for doing a terrific job! :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    News from DP about the Vampire update:
    No errors coming-in from the vampire update. It was also only tuning files as we pretty much suspected, so there are no script updates. That just means all of the script changes were in the toddler update so the mod has already been updated so those are not game-breaking. Just wanted to post an official comment before we start getting a lot of "Does this mod works with vampirez?! LOL!!!@" posts.

Post 18469

Thought you guys would like to know. Play on! :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    News from DP about the Vampire update:
    No errors coming-in from the vampire update. It was also only tuning files as we pretty much suspected, so there are no script updates. That just means all of the script changes were in the toddler update so the mod has already been updated so those are not game-breaking. Just wanted to post an official comment before we start getting a lot of "Does this mod works with vampirez?! LOL!!!@" posts.

Post 18469

Thought you guys would like to know. Play on! :)

i won't have vampires til tomorrow but i just got the toddler patch working on the 16th so i'm happy .
    Another point, a refresher... new ITEMS or interactions or filters (etc) are not yet included in MC. That's all game-controlled till 3.2.0 is released.

There's a pre-release of 3.2.0 on Patreon, but even though I am one, I don't have it. I stick with the one everybody is playing. So questions about that version would need to go to the patreon page. (Just letting you know.)

Like after City Living, we had to wait for apartment mailbox MC support, etc. Toddler support made it into 3.1.0. Vampire support will come with 3.2.0. When it's ready for public release. :)

I haven't played with toddlers hardly any, and now there are vampires, too. Whiplash! Haha! And honestly, I'm wondering now what else they have up their sleeve. It's been an intense 2017 for Sims4 so far, huh? ;)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Another point, a refresher... new ITEMS or interactions or filters (etc) are not yet included in MC. That's all game-controlled till 3.2.0 is released.

There's a pre-release of 3.2.0 on Patreon, but even though I am one, I don't have it. I stick with the one everybody is playing. So questions about that version would need to go to the patreon page. (Just letting you know.)

Like after City Living, we had to wait for apartment mailbox MC support, etc. Toddler support made it into 3.1.0. Vampire support will come with 3.2.0. When it's ready for public release. :)

I haven't played with toddlers hardly any, and now there are vampires, too. Whiplash! Haha! And honestly, I'm wondering now what else they have up their sleeve. It's been an intense 2017 for Sims4 so far, huh? ;)

and a lot of ear piercing screams when we got toddlers.

and a lot of ear piercing screams when we got toddlers.

I'm sure! Hahaha!! :smiley:
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Hey MC Folks
    Been playing the basic module only of MC for a wee while and the only thing I've done with it so far is to extend the adult life span to 60 days.
    This was based on a pre-toddler roughly 3 Sim days to a year.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and going a bit further. Specifically I am considering tweaking pregnancy for my active Sims.
    I reckon I'd like maybe a very small chance of becoming pregnant by regular "WooHoo" and/or probably a little less chance of becoming pregnant when "trying for baby". Right now there just seems to be no mystery, no magic. If two Sims are going at it they either try for baby and get one (immediately) or woohoo and don't. I want it to be more 'real'. I want a little less surety in my Sim family planning.
    Is this even possible with some part of Master Controller?

NRowe wrote: »
    Hey MC Folks
    Been playing the basic module only of MC for a wee while and the only thing I've done with it so far is to extend the adult life span to 60 days.
    This was based on a pre-toddler roughly 3 Sim days to a year.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and going a bit further. Specifically I am considering tweaking pregnancy for my active Sims.
    I reckon I'd like maybe a very small chance of becoming pregnant by regular "WooHoo" and/or probably a little less chance of becoming pregnant when "trying for baby". Right now there just seems to be no mystery, no magic. If two Sims are going at it they either try for baby and get one (immediately) or woohoo and don't. I want it to be more 'real'. I want a little less surety in my Sim family planning.
    Is this even possible with some part of Master Controller?

It is, but it's in the part that isn't available where the rest of MC lives. "The extra part, on the other site." ;)

You know what I mean? On MC's page, there's a link to that file's site in the module description table, you want the last module listed. Click the word HERE, that's a link.

If you need a better picture, look in the troubleshooter PDF. All kinds of info in there about the site and how to get around some issues it may have for you.

3.1.1 is incoming tonight sometime, not there YET, but Deaderpool mentioned it here:

Post 18631

Work night, extra links won't go out till in the morning. I'll start on it when I get home.

I'm now running with MC 3.1.0 and Show Sim Info 2.5.0 and UI Cheats 1.8 installed. So far, so good. No last exceptions other than core game issues I was seeing anyway. No MC log problems. Whew!

Also, he's looking for save files from people experiencing vampire population explosions. If you've seen that, let him know at MC Comments. He might want your save and settings files. Thanks!

@HowGreatThouArt

Reading is Awesome. Check this, I found it on the Description Page, after we'd been talking about it...

Additionally, relationship cleaning, if it is enabled will run daily between 2:00AM and 5:00AM currently following EA's schedule for the process regardless of whether EA's relationship cleaning or MC Cleaner's relationship cleaning is being used.

It's at the bottom of the Weekly Scheduled Alarms table. And it hasn't always been there. I obviously need to re-read the docs pages, myself. ;) Fearless leader's been busy. B)
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    It is, but it's in the part that isn't available where the rest of MC lives. "The extra part, on the other site." ;)

Thanks @egwarhammer I looked into what you mean but right now it's giving me more trouble than it may be worth. -shrug-
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @HowGreatThouArt

Reading is Awesome. Check this, I found it on the Description Page, after we'd been talking about it...

Additionally, relationship cleaning, if it is enabled will run daily between 2:00AM and 5:00AM currently following EA's schedule for the process regardless of whether EA's relationship cleaning or MC Cleaner's relationship cleaning is being used.

It's at the bottom of the Weekly Scheduled Alarms table. And it hasn't always been there. I obviously need to re-read the docs pages, myself. ;) Fearless leader's been busy. B)

Thanks for the info!
    aSE16f8.gif
    NRowe wrote: »

Thanks @egwarhammer I looked into what you mean but right now it's giving me more trouble than it may be worth. -shrug-

Hang loose, if you mean "you can't get there from here"... I gotcha. Give me a few minutes, I send that link out to several people here. :)

Just got in from work, haven't even taken my shoes off yet. MC 3.1.1 is available at MTS, and I'll get the extra part links out soon. Real soon.

I'll be back!
    So sometimes, soon is relative. "Extra part" links have been sent out. If you need it and didn't get a copy, let me know.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, PM me. LOL! It's "grown up" stuff, so taboo out here in public-land.
    edited January 2017
    MC 3.1.1 installed: ( @rosemow ) :)

35irj7r.jpg

Remember, if you add the extra part, you'll also see one more .package and ts4script file.

The PDF file does NOT have to stay in the folder. But it won't hurt anything to leave it there, either.
    I found a small (avoidable) bug in MC 3.1.1's get_pop command.

If you use the h (Hidden Sims) switch, your log entry will end (mine had 28 sims in it out of 170) when it tries to list one, and you'll get an error in your MC log: (tag @rosemow )

[01/26/17 11:06:53]Traceback (most recent call last):
    File ".\mc_cmd_center.py", line 138, in get_population_details
    IndexError: tuple index out of range

All the rest of the flags work fine. As long as you don't use h, your log should generate properly. Already reported to MC.

Question: who else here is obsessed with this mod? Updates before the paint on it dries?

I'm thinking about the "extra part" list. I'd like to have a "stand in" who'd be willing to send those links out, if I should be unavailable. Of course, it has to be somebody who can GET to the site.

Things happen, none of us are going to live forever. And it's been proven that sometimes I just have to not be here, to regain my equilibrium.

And I need to get to bed, but, I wanted to float this and see if anybody might be interested. Cheerleader-in-Training, maybe? LOL!
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Thank you! I was waiting to buy Vampires until a new mod came out.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Question are we able to back up our mcc settings before upgrading to the new version?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top