Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Vampires Visit Other Neighborhoods Autonomously?

I'm not keen on Supernaturals. I prefer to play family/realistic styles. That said, there seems to be quite a few cool new items in this pack (which is mainly why I would get it). Could you tell me if the vampires visit other neighborhoods autonomously? Since there's no way to turn them on/off (which I really wish there was -- for aliens, as well *hint, hint EA*), I'd prefer not to see them roaming my 'hoods. If that's the case, then I'll be sad for missing the new items, but I won't get it. I didn't hear any of the Guru's mention this in articles or the video. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy your new pack! :smile:

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I cannot answer your question at this moment in time but I have downloaded the pack and can tell you for a fact that the regular sims visit Forgotten Hollow so maybe vice versa...?

I've also read that vampires can attempt to enter sim's lots for a, ahem, midnight snack!
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    My sims already been snacked on. So far I haven't really seen any vampires walking around San Myshuno. But my sim hasn't been out much.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Yes, my sims have been visited by Vlad in San Myshuno although one of them did visit him before that happened.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    OP, the gurus said it would be rare if you see a vamp in the other worlds. They didn't want them spawning. You can only have more vampires if you turn some Sims into vampires. Or create wannabe vamps in CAS.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    If you delete the pre-made vampires, would the game spawn new ones?

If not, then just do that. You won't see any if they aren't in the game and they don't respawn.
    Okay, yeah. Vlad turned up at Europa night club in Windenburg.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    kemisz wrote: »

I'm curious: had you played a vampire or sought one out or had a Sim go to Forgotten Hollow? We're told we should see Vampires relatively little, but that might be coded to depend on what we do in-game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I know the gurus said they will do walkbys, meaning they can show up anywhere. My question is how often or what is the likely hood that they might break into my home to feed on my sims without being invited or knowing them at all. Is it like burglars? Do we have to hang garlic everywhere to avoid being robbed of our plasma?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• tigerlillysimtigerlillysim Posts: 177 Member
    Vlad came knocking on the door of the girl I was playing in Oasis Springs right off the bat (no pun intended :) ) and I had not gone to Forgotten Hallow at all. I only wanted the build and buy items too. Could care less about the vampire game play. I do wish they would include option not to have aliens, vampires and whatever.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    They didn't say we wouldn't see them at all, more that the vamps wouldn't auto turn sims and that not many new vamps would be generated. Which means that they won't overrun our worlds like aliens did.

I'm pretty sure if you deleted the pre-mades you'd never see them in your game if you don't want them.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Vlad came knocking on the door of the girl I was playing in Oasis Springs right off the bat (no pun intended :) ) and I had not gone to Forgotten Hallow at all. I only wanted the build and buy items too. Could care less about the vampire game play. I do wish they would include option not to have aliens, vampires and whatever.

Did you answer? xD

I feel just like aliens the vampires will still interact like casual sims would, just like how aliens do, but you probably won't really overly notice their occult unless you dig into it and reveal it yourself, so I think if you don't want to interact with vampires, it is best just to avoid/evade and ignore them when/if they do pay a visit like sims do, and to not use any of the vampire related key items, like the books about them, and the garlic and the options that involve them and the lot traits/ sim traits that are directed for them. And you probably will be fine...... maybe...
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Did he come in uninvited or just knock? I hope this isn't like the University Llama where all new games take ten minutes of junk to show up. Sims 3 you had to wait for the silly llama dude, the ITF portal to come crashing down, message about property deeds etc.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• tigerlillysimtigerlillysim Posts: 177 Member
    I did not answer the door and left game without saving. I guess deleting the vampires is what I will do.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

I'd be curious what would happen with Forgotten Hollow if they did add the option to disable Ghosts, Aliens and Vampires?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I changed the aspiration for my sim in San M. for Vampire Family. A vampire showed up right away and drank her blood.... she is now changing into a Vampire. I really wasn't expecting a Vampire Sim to seek her out just because I changed her aspiration.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Vamps are spawning like crazy for me I had 2 teleporting vamp waiters spawn on the first lot I entered there goes the "rare" spawn lie guess there no buying this pack just for décor.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    kemisz wrote: »

I'm curious: had you played a vampire or sought one out or had a Sim go to Forgotten Hollow? We're told we should see Vampires relatively little, but that might be coded to depend on what we do in-game.

No I hadn't sought out vampires yet. I'm not bummed that Vlad turned up at my place to drink and then came to the Europa Nightclub. But I can understand how someone who isn't interested in the vampires themselves might be frustrated.

• jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I haven't seen vamps wandering about but Vlad stopped by for a snack in Willow Creek. One of my other sims had met him though (not the household I was playing).
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Well this is annoying. Guess I have to think more before I buy this pack. I was really hoping they would only be in the new town unless you turned sims yourself.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited January 2017
    Lilith just snuck into my sims house and fed on one of them.

I love this. If you hate it that much you can either forgo the pack or have someone make a garlic wreath for your house.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I think I am going to delete the MC Command Control. I know in specific events Vampires are spawned by the game. However I am not certain any such event took place, But I just discovered another vampire in Forgotten Hollow and new sim who was spawned probably by MC's story progression and he was a Grand Master as well. NOPE I deleted this sim with MC , because only Vlad should be one right now.

@SimGuruNinja without mods that alter storyprogression should new vampires be spawned, if there are already a few in game? Does the game still spawn new ones? Maybe it was correct, but why would the game spawn another Grand Master?
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I think I am going to delete the MC Command Control. I know in specific events Vampires are spawned by the game. However I am not certain any such event took place, But I just discovered another vampire in Forgotten Hollow and new sim who was spawned probably by MC's story progression and he was a Grand Master as well. NOPE I deleted this sim with MC , because only Vlad should be one right now.

@SimGuruNinja without mods that alter storyprogression should new vampires be spawned, if there are already a few in game? Does the game still spawn new ones? Maybe it was correct, but why would the game spawn another Grand Master?
    I use same mod, and I am not having that issue.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I keep getting visited by vlad, and then he disappears right away
  • ZeoZeo Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm not keen on Supernaturals. I prefer to play family/realistic styles. That said, there seems to be quite a few cool new items in this pack (which is mainly why I would get it). Could you tell me if the vampires visit other neighborhoods autonomously? Since there's no way to turn them on/off (which I really wish there was -- for aliens, as well *hint, hint EA*), I'd prefer not to see them roaming my 'hoods. If that's the case, then I'll be sad for missing the new items, but I won't get it. I didn't hear any of the Guru's mention this in articles or the video. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy your new pack! :smile:

They only visited my after I read about the vampire lore in the computer, thanks to this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT I get attacked by vampires, that is ridiculous, even new vampire generated NPC's are attacking me >_> and good luck in create a protection with garlic if the plants don't spawn the items, my only hope is to become a master vampire and see if I can get a little peace.
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    I believe the vampires are scripted to show up at your house the first time you load up the game after installing the pack... to give you a chance to become one.. but after that they shouldn't be so common anywhere else.