Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much cc before your Sims 4 "clocks out"?

LOL! Currently I have over 1000 package files in my game. The Sims 4 lags and stutters even with my new GTX 970, which i'm sure is because of my 1000+ package files. How many package files can you get into your game with no problem?
newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png

Comments

• Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I'm sure that your CC is probably at least one of the issues. I'm by no means an expert on technical stuff, but I doubt there is a one-size-fits-all answer to that question. Not all CC is created equally, and performance is going to be effected by polygon counts and the like. I'm not having any performance issues, and I have quite a lot of CC in my game, however, since the game just updated and disabled my CC anyway, I'm taking the opportunity to weed my collection. I'm getting rid of most of my alpha hair, mainly because it shows up on way too many randoms. Some hairstyles look great on the right Sim, by when everyone has it, it starts to look a bit clownish. lol
  • Options
    MinkFurMinkFur Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2017
    Same, I just finished weeding out bad cc and mods. I had this glitch just a few minutes ago:
    rPbv0Zs.png@meubanks
    newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    do you have the height slider mod or something similar?
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Omg I had that but it happened when my toddler was walking. I have no height slider mod
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    I have over 3,000 mods of cc content, the only problem i have is one of the dresses - makes my child grow TALL like a monster lol. i just avoid that issue and not use, i only use it with my teen-young adult-adult - elder. :P but i dont have lag...or any other problems.. so far :D
    Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • Options
    amethystmoon1996amethystmoon1996 Posts: 55 Member
    I have over 1,700 mods and I have not experienced any issues so far. I love mods the only downside is when an update comes out, I cringe at what will not work and how easily I'll be able to isolate the problem mod(s). @Westcoastgirl34 , wow over 3,000 mods, cool!! You give me hope that I can confidently add more mods without incident! :)
  • Options
    MinkFurMinkFur Posts: 164 Member
    @ChloeDeCookie In my game, the toddler glitch was happening because of an outdated more columns mod.
    newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    wow.. I only have 90 pieces & that's mostly hair/eyes + a default skin that I like. you guys are truly masters at cc I could never let myself install that much lol
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    Y'all need to use mod conflict and bulk rename utility. Your game will run so much faster. I have almost 2,000 cc and my game is playable on my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laptop.
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited January 2017

@MinkFur
    Oh please please tell me what was the cause?! I have the exact same thing!

edit: I realise you posted what it was I will check to see if it my problem too.
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    Its not. So I'm still stumped. Any chance it could have been another mod you deleted?
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @MinkFur I have never had that mod
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    Try renaming your cc, it helps lag and slowness a lot. Take out all spaces and special characters out of the name of each package file.
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    I have over 1,700 mods and I have not experienced any issues so far. I love mods the only downside is when an update comes out, I cringe at what will not work and how easily I'll be able to isolate the problem mod(s). @Westcoastgirl34 , wow over 3,000 mods, cool!! You give me hope that I can confidently add more mods without incident! :)

yup i haven't had a problem ever.. only with a few script fails in game. but i have deleted those issues. :) i am now up at 4,000 :D mods! Hurray !

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • Options
    AobaAoba Posts: 33 Member
    I had about 4,800 files in my mods folder and no lag except for when loading the gallery.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    You are all amateurs... :D I have over 7,000 files almost 9 gigabytes. It just takes a bit to load the actual game and then it takes a bit to load build buy when I first click it. I don't lag. I do, however, make sure I don't have bad CC or mods. You got to keep a clean house!
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    How much CC/mods your game can run depends on your computer and what kind of CC it is. Bad CC will make your game lag no matter if you only got 2 CC. Script mods tends to be a bit more intensive than a normal package file, so if you got loads of those then that might be a cause.

Also if your laptop/computer is a potato then you most likely can't run that many as well.

@SlyStarDust Dayum xD that's a lot of files. Is it mostly clothing?
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    @Zafireria It is a lot of everything really. I should prune it a bit. I love to decorate so I have a lot of clutter and furniture.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    @SlyStarDust Fair enough. If that's what you like to do :smile:
  • Options
    hwasabihwasabi Posts: 17 Member
    I have a question! Many sims in my game wear CC hair, clothing, accessories etc. Is there any way to stop this? Because it looks so weird to see a random sim with hair and eyebrows which are different colours or wearing mismatched outfits etc. pass by.. :/
    " The song is over. But the melody lingers on."—Haruki Murakami

tumblr_n9ttjuem1t1rn8lhxo4_500.gif
  • Options
    You are all amateurs... :D I have over 7,000 files almost 9 gigabytes. It just takes a bit to load the actual game and then it takes a bit to load build buy when I first click it. I don't lag. I do, however, make sure I don't have bad CC or mods. You got to keep a clean house!

I am almost there - I am now up to 5,000 files :D i haven't lagged - when i open to sims 4 screen logo it does take a few minutes. but hey being in the game - :D i don't lag. But its mostly makeup clothes hair and meshes and shoes etc ...i don't have alot of stuff for my lots like furniture - just a few special items. they have to be rare and cute :D and i too make sure i don't have bad cc or mods. i did a clean up recently. I still have 5,000 files i just got rid of the missing items that needed a mesh :(

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • Options
    Okay I admit defeat :( i got tired of all my cc that i collected - and i went back to the original game mode - why you might ask? 5,000 plus meshes aside and then keeping track of it is nice. but after a while it tends to get tedious I do like the game base better. And i was sick of my townies - were no clothes and no hair sometimes. ( :O oh my) due to mesh factors.

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • Options
    hwasabi wrote: »
    I have a question! Many sims in my game wear CC hair, clothing, accessories etc. Is there any way to stop this? Because it looks so weird to see a random sim with hair and eyebrows which are different colours or wearing mismatched outfits etc. pass by.. :/

Maybe you can ask the CC creator to set the files as not available for random or you can edit this yourself opening your CC packages files in Sims 4 Studio , click "Warehouse", pick "CAS part" files, then in "Data" scroll to "Part flags" , uncheck "allow for random" and save.

if you have SIMS 4 Studio.... there is another way - here's the LINK if you are on MOD the SIMS or signed up with them. But it tells you how to use the sims 4 studio and how to stop townies from wearing Custom Content at least in game mode - I hope this helps you. The cheat is called "disallowforrandom" on the sims4studio you have type Ctrl shift C then enter that code.

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • Options
    hwasabi wrote: »

Maybe you can ask the CC creator to set the files as not available for random or you can edit this yourself opening your CC packages files in Sims 4 Studio , click "Warehouse", pick "CAS part" files, then in "Data" scroll to "Part flags" , uncheck "allow for random" and save.

if you have SIMS 4 Studio.... there is another way - here's the LINK if you are on MOD the SIMS or signed up with them. But it tells you how to use the sims 4 studio and how to stop townies from wearing Custom Content at least in game mode - I hope this helps you. The cheat is called "disallowforrandom" on the sims4studio you have type Ctrl shift C then enter that code.

The LINK IS HERE: http://sims4studio.com/thread/1659/batch-fix-show-random-sims

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    meubanks wrote: »
    I'm sure that your CC is probably at least one of the issues. I'm by no means an expert on technical stuff, but I doubt there is a one-size-fits-all answer to that question. Not all CC is created equally, and performance is going to be effected by polygon counts and the like. I'm not having any performance issues, and I have quite a lot of CC in my game, however, since the game just updated and disabled my CC anyway, I'm taking the opportunity to weed my collection. I'm getting rid of most of my alpha hair, mainly because it shows up on way too many randoms. Some hairstyles look great on the right Sim, by when everyone has it, it starts to look a bit clownish. lol

Deleted, didn't realize this was an old thread.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4