Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Planning to get CL soon. Any General Tips? How do flea markets/yard sales work?

LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
Hello, question: How do flea markers and yard sales work? (Wait, is there yard sales, or am I confused?)

I'm planning to get CL so I can have some City vamps.

Any important or fun tips about CL I should know about? :)
~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
(She/her)

Comments

• mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Okay, so, the flea market is one of the types of festivals that happens in the game. Basically there's used furniture for sale, as well as paintings and collectibles. You can purchase a display canvas or display table for your sim to sell their own paintings and/or collectibles. It's actually a really cool feature and I got my sim rich this way :wink: There's a certain way to stock the table and start the street sale, I can go through it for you if you'd like. Basically you can bring the display thingy with you in your sims inventory and set up a sale anywhere in the game.

As far as any tips you should know... hmmm... Well, as I'm sure you've seen, it comes with LOTS of new diverse and cultural decor/clothing and it honestly adds a whole new feel to the game. The festivals are also a lot of fun, gives your sims something new to do. Apartment living is definitely new and fun, and I personally really like that they've added lot traits, which you can put on ANY lots in the game.

I hope you enjoy it!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • ChristinabeeChristinabee Posts: 22 Member
    The flea market is my favorite! It's a lot of fun. A couple of tips that I've learned:

1. Keep your eye out for rare collectibles! Townies are always selling rare stuff off for cheap. Even if you weren't collecting, you can turn around and make a profit off of them.
    2. If you're high skilled in baking/cooking, baked goods sell very quickly. The best advertisement is the yummy smell! Townies are drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

I hope you have fun with CL!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    That sounds awesome, @mariah6194 . :smile: I would love to have one of my sims to sell some paintings. Are the collectibles the cute MySims statues and snow globes? Are those the only collectibles we can sell?

Thanks for the various CL guides, @rosemow . :smiley: I'll check those out as well.

@Christinabee , that baked goods thing sounds perfect for a few of my sims with baking and cooking skills. I didn't know we could sell food! :smiley:

I'll definitely keep an eye for those rare collectibles, too! :wink:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)