Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim actually went to the circus :O

kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
So I always get those calls from City Living inviting my sims to the circus or a cool underground show in the city, and I always say yes to them even though nothing ever happens and they never go. Just now my sims grown up daughter called and said the circus is in town, let's go, so I clicked yes and an action popped into my sims queue: Attend the circus, and he actually walked off the lot and left! It's just a rabbit hole but it's the first time this feature has actually worked for me. I will be interested to see if he comes back with any new moodlet from it.

Has anyone else had any success with this feature before? I am wondering if they fixed it in the toddler patch.

JQMJag4.png

Comments

• nottinghillgatenottinghillgate Posts: 47 Member
    When I first got City Living a long time ago my sim got a phone call inviting her to a concert at 10pm or something, and she actually got an action to go to the concert at the designated time (so not immediately after the phone call, which was pretty cool!). Unfortunately it has never happened again :(
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Just recently my sim went to a concert or something. All the other times they never left! Maybe fixed since toddler patch?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I quite like this feature, it would be nice if it worked more often. My sim didn't get a moodlet from the circus but I got this popup:

kFKN9c9.png

@nottinghillgate I like that it happens at the appropriate time in game, those "Let's hang out tonight at the club" phone calls that happen at 11am in the morning and immediately transfer your sims to the nightclub are annoying, I wish you could set a time to go to them more like the social events in sims 3.
    Just recently my sim went to a concert or something. All the other times they never left! Maybe fixed since toddler patch?

I hope so! :)
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    I ended up saying no so many times simply because they never ended up going. I'm gonna try it now though, maybe it works again. Thank you for posting this!
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I have wondered about the timing with these. If my Sim gets a call at say 9am for a 10pm show, and my Sim accepts will they take off immediately or will it prompt at 10pm?
    @NRowe I got the invitation in the morning and then a prompt at the correct time (I can't remember exactly what time it was for the circus but I think it was around 7pm)
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Thanks for posting this! I didn't know it worked either. :)
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    yeah I also have that problem I clicked to go to the circus but nothing happen. Maybe they fixed that. But I still didn't have an invitation to go to the circus again.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    It worked for me once before the toddler patch but then it never worked again. So far, I haven't gotten any invites after the toddler patch.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I use to say yes to all of them finally got tired of nothing happening so now say no.. glad to know it works
  • Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    I didn't think they'd ever work, might actually start saying yes again to see if it happens.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'd love if we got to see concerts and circus shows for real.
    edited January 2017
    Taking kids and toddlers to the circus would be so cute!

I'm ok with a few rabbit holes though, sometimes I miss not being able to send my sims off to some place and not worry about them for awhile, especially when I play large households.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I had an invite that worked before the Toddler Patch. It was to the Circus, and yeah, they went together to one of the neighborhoods and disappeared for a couple hours, then I got the same pop up posted here with the pic. It was with a couple of guys that are neighbors in San Myshuno.

But, just today I got another one, to an underground concert. I accepted, but nothing ever happened. I actually forgot about it, tho, since you get them so early, and I think I was at the Club with the person who asked me. It was Marcus Flex and my Sim from Willow Creek. We had gone on a date before that, but IIRC, that got over at around 7:30 PM, then we went to the Club. The invite was for 10 PM Saturday night. I wonder if you have to be at home for it to take you there?
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've never had any problems with it. I've gone to the circus, opera, concert and movie theater tons of times without issue.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've had it work a few times. It's odd. I'm not sure why they added this, anyway. All the sims do is disappear and then come back with a pop-up or the like.
  • LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    Yep! Circus and concert. Sometimes it affects their emotions. I find it a weird addition overall though.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    This has never worked for me
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I just got an invite while playing the other day, and my sim never got the call at 10 pm to go :/
  • DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    I am playing right now, got invited to the opera and the circus but nothing happened... also my game has been lagging and there have been quite a few glitches after the toddler patch. Does anyone know if there is going to be a patch before the release of the Vampire GP?
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    These still don't work for me, never have.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I haven't had one come up in awhile, probably not since December, but I've never had one work.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    This feature has never worked for me wither. My sims accept all invitations to go these rabbit-hole events just in case...but still nothing.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This feature is now working for me after the toddler patch but I've had way too many bugs since to appreciate it.