Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Took Toddler Twins Camping.....Came Home Early...

So, my Sims took their twin toddlers camping!

Disaster!

The toddlers were all over the place. They set off to explore some distant artifact and you need to send their parents to retrieve them (after locating them!) because they walk SO SLOWLY it takes the best part of a day to get ANYWHERE! Only to discover them happily discussing butterflies with a bear.

Then they got stinky. Toddlers can only use the bath (and potty), so it seems that when they go camping it's a back to nature thing.

Let 'em roam free with the buffalo!

Tried to visit one of the chalets nearby to "borrow" the bath tub but no one was in and breaking and entering is not yet an option. By that point the twins were hungry and/or tired so there was no point going on, so everyone just headed back to the tent.

...Which the toddlers can't sleep in. So they messed about in a strawberry bush before throwing a fit and falling asleep on the ground.

My Sims came home.

In short... kudos!! This update has 100% accurately captured what it is like to go on holiday with toddlers!! We asked for realism, we got it! LOL!

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    ROFL, oh this is too funny! Love it!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    We got realism all right. This sounds like what would really happen. Good game that was
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    Toddlers are something else in real life and in game. A little off topic, but I remember when my daughter was a toddler, I was taking college classes and one day my babysitter cancelled at the last minute so I had to take her to my English class with me. She got bored half way through the lecture and took her shoes off and threw them at the instructor. Good times, LOL.

I do love how realistic they made the toddlers in TS4. I guess if we want to take our toddlers camping and not go crazy we have to rent a cabin.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I spent some time editing my game to add potty chairs and highchairs where I thought necessary as well as some toddler beds in the higher end cabins. I have considered taking a family vacation but with two toddlers I'm hesitant and your post is exactly why! LOL
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    How funny
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I hadn't considered the toilet/shower thing at all to be honest. But I thought they would at least be able to sleep in the tent!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2017
    cully_c wrote: »

Disaster!

The toddlers were all over the place. They set off to explore some distant artifact and you need to send their parents to retrieve them (after locating them!) because they walk SO SLOWLY it takes the best part of a day to get ANYWHERE! Only to discover them happily discussing butterflies with a bear.

Then they got stinky. Toddlers can only use the bath (and potty), so it seems that when they go camping it's a back to nature thing.

Let 'em roam free with the buffalo!

Tried to visit one of the chalets nearby to "borrow" the bath tub but no one was in and breaking and entering is not yet an option. By that point the twins were hungry and/or tired so there was no point going on, so everyone just headed back to the tent.

...Which the toddlers can't sleep in. So they messed about in a strawberry bush before throwing a fit and falling asleep on the ground.

My Sims came home.

In short... kudos!! This update has 100% accurately captured what it is like to go on holiday with toddlers!! We asked for realism, we got it! LOL!

I thought you were complaining about them at first, and I'm like "what the plum did she expect taking toddler twins camping?" LMAO! But that's what's so fun about the Sims tho. This game since 1, has always seemingly made great fun of "life". Ever seen parents who took two under 6 year old children somewhere? They look like they need a vacation, after the vacation. :D

Loved this post :)

EDIT: LMAO! I somehow missed the part about finding them having a conversation about butterflies with a bear.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited January 2017
    I really like how realistic they are and how much of a challenge they bring to the game, it was much needed. But I do wish they could sleep in tents with the parents. It kind of feels weird having to buy a toddler bed and put it on a lot that is meant for camping and is full of tents. Guess that is the downside of having toddlers added so late to the game, all the previous packs aren't built to work for them. Maybe it's something they can fix on a patch in the future..
    Post edited by bythedreadwolf on
  • Options
    maramaja6maramaja6 Posts: 17 Member
    This seams so funny that I would like to try it with mine but thanks for the warning! I will install toddlers beds, chairs and pottys in the house and pottys and chairs in all Cabin's GARDENS!!!
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    LOL thank you for the first laugh of my morning. I loved the " happily discussing butterflies with a bear " part.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    LOL....thank you for sharing your story with us @cully_c!!! I was curious if toddlers go on vacation. Glad to know that they can go.
    Taking care of twin tots in general is so challenging...I love it. I think I might take them on vacation....give it a try. But maybe do the rental house. Thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Lol this is funny! I will make sure i leave the toddlers at home with a family member should i ever go on a vacation to GF. :D
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Lol, this inspired me to go build a toddler friendly campsite :P

ll0rLdk.png

XztmRnB.png
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    @wyn Oh my, I love your campsite! I have not been to GF in a very long time. Did you build this? Is it on the Gallery?
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    @wyn Oh my, I love your campsite! I have not been to GF in a very long time. Did you build this? Is it on the Gallery?

I did, just built and uploaded :P I didn't change much of the default camping rental space, just added that room and designed it to look like a tent with the beds inside and put some normal camping stuff around. :)
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/26E2B25AE02111E68A51CC1F570176B5
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    @wyn Thank you so much. I will now be going on a camping trip!

I have not gone around town and put highchairs in the diners yet, or fixed anything up for Toddlers........its on my list though!
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    wyn, I would like that in my real life! Thank you for sharing for our Sims.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Loved your last paragraph! I did edit a couple of the larger cabins for toddlers including adding in a toy chest for them and their older siblings. Toddler bed and potty chair, of course. Really wish we had more outdoor play items -- a sandbox would be ideal.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    wyn wrote: »

ll0rLdk.png

XztmRnB.png
    That looks awesome!
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    TrishaBelleTrishaBelle Posts: 36 Member
    My wild toddler spends most of his time sans clothes and running free with his parents chasing him. Just like real life.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    10/10 put me off taking my toddlers camping XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    cully_c wrote: »

and breaking and entering is not yet an option.

I think I may have laughed way too hard at this part. I almost miss when burglars would show up and the alarm would go off.
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    wyn wrote: »

XztmRnB.png

That is amazing! Where was that on their holiday!

Have you shared that on the gallery? Me wanty! lol!