Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Chances: GENERATION 2 [UPDATED: 3/13/19]

This is a different type of Legacy, it doesn't start out all sunshine and rainbows. In fact, it's the complete opposite. This is Second Chances, and like the title says, it's all about getting a second chance.

header-41.png?w=840

Generation 2: Derek Ryder

derek-2.png?w=611

Chapter 1: Birthday Party Blues
Chapter 2: What to Do?
Chapter 3: Visiting Eli
Chapter 4: Prison War
Chapter 5: Derek's In Trouble
Chapter 6: Stick Up the Butt
Chapter 7: The Riot
Chapter 8: Breaking News
Chapter 9: Hospital Visit
Chapter 10: Out
Chapter 11: Halloween
Chapter 12: Are We Good
Chapter 13: Cops and Robbers
Chapter 14: What's Eating Derek Ryder
Chapter 15: Growing Up
Chapter 16: Life Lessons
Chapter 17: Focus, Derek
Chapter 18: Drunk and Hungover
Chapter 19: Are You High?
Chapter 20: Clean Slate
Chapter 21: Karma
Chapter 22: Last Party
Chapter 23: What Happened Last Night? (Trigger Warning)
Chapter 24: Memories and the Future
Chapter 25: Officer Derek Ryder
Chapter 26: Babe Hunter
Chapter 27: Moving Out
Chapter 28: The Big Game
Chapter 29: Car Trouble *NEW*

Generation 1: Elijah Ryder

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow! Amazing start! I hope you will continue this. You're an excellent writer! Bravo! Give me MORE!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think this is going to be exciting and dramatic bookmarked!
    Do you have some relation to ThePlumbob who writes the Blooker Legacy?
  • Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    What an intriguing and well-written story! Looking forward to more!
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »

No, no relation. I've been OrangePlumbob since Sims 3 came out.
    Wow! Amazing start! I hope you will continue this. You're an excellent writer! Bravo! Give me MORE!

Thank you both! I will have updates soon. I just finished my last assignment for my Capstone, so I am now free to work on Sims stuff and my own writing for once.

Thank you both! I will have updates soon. I just finished my last assignment for my Capstone, so I am now free to work on Sims stuff and my own writing for once.

Capstone publishing wfh? I've done similar work...there's nothing like your own stories... :wink:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Capstone publishing wfh? I've done similar work...there's nothing like your own stories... :wink:
    It's for my Masters. Well, my last class for my Masters.

edited February 2017
    prison.png

My WIP for the Prison that Elijah will be living in for a bit. Thought I'd share.
    Post edited by orangeplumbob on
    WOW. That's incredible!! Did you build it?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Well he's not breaking out anytime soon! :D

Yes, yes I did. I took one of my old prison builds from when GTW came out and edited it all day yesterday and today. Still not done. Going to add the Solitary Confinement Ward in the basement. I just added a bus drop off area as well. The library is finally complete. Just need to add a few more touches. I will probably post this on my blog to download. There's minimal CC--mostly walls and floors and a handful of objects.

Yes, yes I did. I took one of my old prison builds from when GTW came out and edited it all day yesterday and today. Still not done. Going to add the Solitary Confinement Ward in the basement. I just added a bus drop off area as well. The library is finally complete. Just need to add a few more touches. I will probably post this on my blog to download. There's minimal CC--mostly walls and floors and a handful of objects.

Awesome. Would love it! Well done!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Awesome. Would love it! Well done!!

Ooh who are you sending to jail @pammiechick :p
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    Love it! Can't wait to read more
    Gallery xbecky685x
    Ok the next chapter has been posted. Chapter 1: Welcome to Prison This chapter deals with the first day of Elijah's new life. Enjoy!
    All these wonderful characters this is definitely going to be a fun story! :D
    Wow...have no clue how this is going to turn into a legacy and a second chance for Eli, unless Pops breaks him out! On the edge of my seat!! Great chapter!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Wow...have no clue how this is going to turn into a legacy and a second chance for Eli, unless Pops breaks him out! On the edge of my seat!! Great chapter!

HAHA. If only. Don't worry, all in good time will be answered. This is more of a story driven legacy. So, it will take time to get to the "Second Chance" part. I just finished writing Chapter three, and hope to get the photos soon. Need to find some CC for some scenes.
    edited January 2017

HAHA. If only. Don't worry, all in good time will be answered. This is more of a story driven legacy. So, it will take time to get to the "Second Chance" part. I just finished writing Chapter three, and hope to get the photos soon. Need to find some CC for some scenes.

Hope you know about this site. Makes my life easier for finding poses and cc. http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/poses
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Hope you know about this site. Makes my life easier for finding poses and cc. http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/poses

Oh yes! I know all about that site, it's where I've found most of my poses already. Thanks for the link though. The CC I was talking about were actual CAS stuff. Found what I was looking for (I hope). I have the next chapter written, just need to play it through. I haven't started the actual "Legacy" save yet where the real play through will start. I'll probably always keep a secondary save available for story-telling purposes.
    So, just an update. I have written out Chapter 2 completely, and am working on the last few pictures I need to obtain in game. However the next two to three chapters I need to come up with a story still. I have, however, worked on my "LEGACY" part of the plot with the story, and finished writing six other chapters or so. There should be around 10 or 11 Chapters for Elijah's Generation.
    edited January 2017
    NEW: 1/26/17
    Okay, Chapter 2 is Live! And I'll have to go through my Prison for a CC list before I upload it, but I will upload it soon. Anyway hope you enjoy!
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Wow, what a riveting start! You have a fantastic ear for dialogue, and those screenshots are incredible. Definitely following this!

And thanks for posting that link, @pammiechick ! I actually ended up downloading pose player for the first time yesterday and I hope to get the hang of it eventually. Before using it, playing the all-powerful puppet-master for screenshot purposes has felt more like herding cats...
    uduVcAP.png
    You make prison seem so real! Poor Eli. His mom is tough! And he better not let Kellog see Nancy kiss him on the cheek! Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Wow, what a riveting start! You have a fantastic ear for dialogue, and those screenshots are incredible. Definitely following this!

And thanks for posting that link, @pammiechick ! I actually ended up downloading pose player for the first time yesterday and I hope to get the hang of it eventually. Before using it, playing the all-powerful puppet-master for screenshot purposes has felt more like herding cats...

Exactly! I don't know how I did it before. Too much work to use many poses, but now I find I mainly use poses for my screenshots. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited January 2017

Thank you!
    You make prison seem so real! Poor Eli. His mom is tough! And he better not let Kellog see Nancy kiss him on the cheek! Ha!

LoL. Yeah, Kellogg has a bit of a jealous issue, not to mention he's very protective.

Exactly! I don't know how I did it before. Too much work to use many poses, but now I find I mainly use poses for my screenshots. ;)

Poses were all I used in TS3. TS4 is a bit harder to pose without being able to use MOO, but the teleport mod is okay. Sometimes it takes a while to get the exact poses, which infuriates me. But Poses are the best for story purposes. I plan to play the legacy in one save and use poses/story needs in another save.