Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @Ashleigh825 So what exactly do you want me to do?
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @Ashleigh825 So what exactly do you want me to do?

Like I said, I'm not the challenge police. You can do what you want. I won't contest what you copy/pasted from me since you did credit me.
    edited January 2017
    Fine.
    Post edited by Erica87 on
    :( I'm really sorry again. You did do a great job. I was very impressed with your graphics. I just wish this could have gotten resolved in a friendlier manner.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I will not be going to google docs for a challenge I could have easily read and shared my experiences with here. I'm very disappointed now. Take care both of you.
    Rawla wrote: »
    I will not be going to google docs for a challenge I could have easily read and shared my experiences with here. I'm very disappointed now. Take care both of you.

You can share your experiences in the forum. The doc is just the rules. That's why I didn't take down my thread. :) It was just an easy way to link everything up for me but the thread's still there with the link to the rules you can refer to at any time and you can still share your progress in the thread like you always could before.

That said, it's completely your choice as to how to play (or not play). Closing this thread was Erica's choice. I didn't even think to ask her to close it. I just figured it was up to her to do what she thought was best, if she wanted to keep updating or not.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited January 2017
    Well shoot. I hope this thread doesn't get closed.

EDIT: I am not keen to follow a different forum.
    edited January 2017
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Well shoot. I hope this thread doesn't get closed.

EDIT: I am not keen to follow a different forum.

I think my intent is being misunderstood. I might not be explaining clearly enough. Sorry about that, heh.

The challenge is being updated in this forum. Right here, where it always was before: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793168/the-official-the-sims-4-100-baby-challenge-updated-on-jan-19-2017

The only change is that the first post links to a document. Not another fan forum. Just the document. :) I opted for a doc because I was able to link to each section in a Table of Contents, which makes it easier for everyone to navigate, and because I can post the challenge in several places but only need to update the doc once instead of updating on every site it's posted on. That should hopefully ensure that nothing like this happens again because it was a really unfortunate circumstance for everyone involved.

You can still play the challenge and share your experiences in this forum the same way you always did. Hope that helps clarify!
    I really don't feel like having to compete with someone and with the condescending way her posts were written I know this is where it would be heading. You don't come back after two years to update your thread because you just forgot about it, you come back because you feel like your challenge is being taken away from you. Her posts might've been overly friendly but that's not how they were meant. They were, from the beginning, an attempt to get something back that she feels has been taken away. The friendly approach would've been to just say "thanks for updating the thread, I've got a google doc right here that you could link to in your first post", not wanting everyone to go back to the old thread or a separate forum.

I don't feel like dealing with this kind of passive aggressive hostility. I'm sorry you guys have to suffer from this, it was never my intent to cause any of you trouble. I loved playing this challenge with you and that's why I made this thread. And I would like it closed because I feel like leaving it open could cause the kind of reactions I really don't want any of you to have to go through.
    edited January 2017
    There was nothing passive aggressive about my tone, Erica. Really you're being nasty for no reason. I never told you that you had to close this thread. I never tried to take anything back from you and I did express my appreciation for what you did. I told you we could have our challenges co-exist and people could play whichever one they wanted, but you chose to shut yours down.

It's like we both showed up to the same birthday party with a cake and instead of just being happy we have two different kinds of cakes for the party, you smashed yours on the ground because you wanted to be the only one to bring a cake. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry my apologies and genuine kindness were met with such fury, but I did my best.
    edited January 2017
    I'm not even going to bother to talk to you further. Why don't you just go be happy in your own thread? Because apparently that's why you came here in the first place.
    Forget it, Erica. It's clear that you're going to be angry no matter what I say or do. I've apologised several times and expressed my gratitude for your efforts several times as well and I never once asked you to give up on your version of the challenge. I don't know how much kinder I can be and I really don't want to hurt anyone any more than I already have unintentionally.

You can do whatever you want with this version of the challenge. It's up to you, but I would never demand that you take it down.
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    @Erica87 I, for one, hope you don't shut this thread down. I like the way the rules are divided and don't personally want to go into a massive google document to check rules all of the time. It was nice to have an active thread again with updates that we discussed as a group after a few years. I also like that you have an updated link list for everyone to browse. It's ultimately your decision if you want to take it down, but I'm sure there are a few of us who wish you wouldn't.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    The problem is that Ashleigh825 left these forums and if anyone has/had any questions, she wasn't/won't be around to answer them. Please don't close this thread. :/
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    The problem is that Ashleigh825 left these forums and if anyone has/had any questions, she wasn't/won't be around to answer them. Please don't close this thread. :/

I will be around to answer them, no worries. :) Unfortunate that I decided to get more involved here again only to encounter this right away (the exact kind of stuff I left the forums over, I didn't want to fight with anyone, I just wanted to gush about how great The Sims is) but I'll try to get past it and chalk it up to bad luck on the first day back due to unfortunate circumstances that would have been difficult no matter what.

But like I've said many times, I'm not here to take anything away from anyone. I was just trying to keep people informed and own up to my mistakes and oversights with honesty. It doesn't matter to me whether this thread stays open or not.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Ashleigh825 ; @Erica87 - There's no doubt that you did the write up for the challenge. I really appreciate the time you took to create it. This is one of my favorite challenges. :) While Erica did write up additional rules to the challenge for the newer content that has came out; she also took the time to take the rules and put them into organized sections and created images so that newcomers and old (at this forum) can find the information more easily. Yes, a lot of work went into creating it and that's not being taken away from you. But Erica put in the time to create some beautiful banners and to organize the rules and also create some additions. Credit was also given to you and I think you guys both did a great job. :)

You have your reasons for why you left the official forums. I don't feel like anyone is blaming you for why you left. But what you do need to understand is that a lot of Simmers love using the Official forums instead of a Fansite Forum. For whatever reason that may be. (:

I feel that a lot of us have taken the opportunity to add our own little special rules to the rules you've created for us due to the 2 year "hiatus", as far as we know, the rules weren't being updated. It's not our fault, or yours. You said you forgot and that's okay, but no one needs to argue about this. So, you've been updating the rules all this time. That's great! But searching for the rules on google brings people here; and no one knew of the google documents. Like I mentioned earlier, a lot of Simmers enjoy the official forums.

It's just more convenient for a lot of players. :) We can chat here, help newcomers, and can also see the rules without having to "migrate" off to another site. I think having both threads is completely fine. This updated one is just so that it's more up-to-date and lots of people will still use your google documents link if they're not from the same forum as the one you're at now, etc, and then the players that are just here at the official forums can still use the threads for learning the rules and socializing with one another/helping one another.

I also understand that you said it's no problem to keep the thread up, but it does seem like it is some-what because maybe you felt a little bit like your work was being taken from you. Truly sorry if you felt that way.

But.. let's not make this into some big huge thing (I mean by getting the Guru's involved) because it's not. Credit is given, the link is there for your official thread, it can then link to your documents; and this thread can stay for new and old to join and share and help each other with the challenge.

It doesn't need to be closed; let's all just try to get along and just enjoy playing the game we love. ♥ :)
    You only got more involved here because someone else told you that there was another thread. You said so yourself. If you don't want to fight with anyone then would you please just stop posting in here? Thank you.
    With all due respect, this is a public forum. I am free to post in any open thread. I was answering some posts made by others. Please stop continuing to be hostile. I have not been nearly as hostile towards you. I don't understand the determination to despise me when I just want to co-exist happily.

@OneAdorkableGirl put it perfectly. <3 Thanks so much, I'm glad I'm not being blamed for the mistake I made. That makes me feel much better. :) And you're right on all points. Let's just try to love The Sims together and share our challenges and just have fun.
    You don't want happy coexistance, if you would you'd honor my request.
    The Sims is a wonderful game to be shared in all of its forms or versions. Having choices on where to enjoy this fun challenge idea is a great gift. Thank you both for providing the different places we can go to enjoy it.
    The Sims is a wonderful game to be shared in all of its forms or versions. Having choices on where to enjoy this fun challenge idea is a great gift. Thank you both for providing the different places we can go to enjoy it.

<3 Thank you for being so kind! I'm glad we have different ways to enjoy the same game, too. That's what keeps me coming back to The Sims. You can always think of something new to do with it.

Speaking of this challenge, I've been thinking on starting it again, since my previous version I coupled it with another challenge. This was before the toddlers came out. They are living in an apartment in a city. I think I'd like to try this challenge in a rural setting instead. Or should I raise my two alien twins to toddlers? Thoughts on that are welcome. :smile:
    Speaking of this challenge, I've been thinking on starting it again, since my previous version I coupled it with another challenge. This was before the toddlers came out. They are living in an apartment in a city. I think I'd like to try this challenge in a rural setting instead. Or should I raise my two alien twins to toddlers? Thoughts on that are welcome. :smile:

Oooh, 100 Baby Challenges in apartments are hectic! I don't blame you for wanting more space out in the suburbs, lol. I feel like I always play obsessively until I'm at around 20-30 children and then I burn out and decide to start over, but I never actually finish because I keep doing that all the time, lol.

You could move your matriarch from the apartment to the suburbs if you wanted and just continue. :)

Oooh, 100 Baby Challenges in apartments are hectic! I don't blame you for wanting more space out in the suburbs, lol. I feel like I always play obsessively until I'm at around 20-30 children and then I burn out and decide to start over, but I never actually finish because I keep doing that all the time, lol.

You could move your matriarch from the apartment to the suburbs if you wanted and just continue. :)

Moving the family is a good idea. I think I'll try that. I also constantly start over before getting too far. I'll get there someday.