Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys delete the ugly sims in your town??

Comments

• Options
    AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »

Even this?

4qg3sl.jpg

She looks fine? What do you think is ugly about the way she looks??
    People with big lips exist?? Doesnt make you ugly lol
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I kicked everyone out of their houses, bullzoded most of the lots and remade everything.

You can be that my townies get makeovers.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    They dont bother me most of time, Thesims4 sims are usually prettier than previous games, the only games where i activelly modified everyone was TS3 and TSM.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Naw, I like variety. I interact with all the Sims in my worlds.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    I leave them where they are, because to Me, All people are the Same , I do not judge how others look or how old or young they are.
    UpDate: > I have been putting in the homes My own Sims , but I still do not delete any from the game.
    Post edited by BlueBlack007 on
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Depends on what you call "ugly". If ugly = mass produced pudding face, yes, I delete them. Unless if they have interesting traits, in which case I randomize them a bit until they look more unique. I also delete or edit sims with physical features that aren't common in the real world, such as men with huge feminine hips or dark-skinned sims with yellow hair.
    To make it short, I don't mind that they don't look attractive, I just want no pudding face or unrealistic sims.
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I delete them because I want my world to be filled with my sims. There really needs to be an option to turn off the random generating of townies. I don't mind putting my own sims in the not played population to work at bars/restaurants etc. I'm sick of all the old people that get generated, like 60% of the randoms are old people. I want my sims to meet sims I've made out in the world because I want to create a world and stories with my created sims. I'd like to make the bartenders, the mailmen, the maids etc for my game. It would be so much better to meet sims out in the world and I know who they are and what they do. I don't delete the premade sims that are already in homes, I go into cas and give them a makeover, just because I feel like they should be a certain way for the story of my game. I've actually kept a few random townies as well because I ended up hiring them and made them over and kind of added them in my story. I just can't do it with all of them, they populate so fast, I'd spend all my game time remaking randoms to my liking. I don't need them to all be pretty and perfect but they have to have some type of direction as a sim person, a category they can fit into for the story of my world.

I'm not sure what the cut off limit is for the random generating, I've read it is 180. Does anyone know for sure that if I go ahead and put 180 sims in my unplayed households it would stop the random generating?
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I delete the townies, not because they're ugly.
    But having all of them with the same generated features and terrible dress is no reflection on the real world, let alone my idealistic one.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I delete elders and single households where the sim is dressed poorly... I don't really care about looks of the townspeople, but the ugly Sims won't join my legacy.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

I keep & tweak random Sims that stand out as "interesting" to me, Whether they're ugly or not.
    It's the Plain Jane, Average Sims that I tend to get rid of..Mostly because my game really has
    no room for more Sims.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2017
    I loved TS2, but my goodness the townies were so ugly..

latest?cb=20110106015010

Although the award for ugliest Sim in the history of The Sims must surely go to Arlo Bunch from Sunset Valley..

ArloBunch.jpg

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    ArloBunch.jpg

My boyfriend. :heart:
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Like other simmers have said previously, I don't delete game generated townies/npcs but I do give them a makeover if they're clothes are mixed matched. Especially, if it's a someone that my sims have befriended. I want them to be dressed in matching clothes for any legacy pictures that I share. :)
  • Options
    FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    woah, such an old thread and so many triggered people in first page alone :worried:
    sims world is much different than real life. while in real life everyone is beautiful and their appearances can be made even better with right clothes and hairstyles. in sims it is different, it just looks different. there is something missing in the sims, that makes people beautiful in real life.
    and in the end it is just a game, you do want you want. in my game, most of sims are changed in cas and I love that world of The Stepford Wives. however it would be just wrong if it was happening in real life. I can imagine people going crazy not seeing diversity in appearances as I believe it would lead people into being less creative, less challenged to come up with ideas :no_mouth:
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    never
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited January 2017
    I generally like all the sims that are generated and feel they look fine, but to echo in on other answers - if there's some really absurd outfits going on, I'll tweak that. Or sometimes hair. But I generally leave everyone up and running and even like to add some of the generic Sims Maxis generated that aren't placed by default. Everyone needs a zany June Kay!

Also - there's always that one confused male Sim who looks like this:

wxu4Jof.gif

I never edit him. He's fabulous.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    EerieEerie Posts: 28 New Member
    I don't delete them. I go into CAS and fix them up a little -- I do not change anything but make up, clothing, and eyebrows. Because I only use maxis match CC, my sims don't look drastically different from townies.

Besides, how else would I pick a partner for my sims? Can't have everyone looking the same.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    No - I enjoy the Sims that Maxis made so they live as they come in the hoods as long as they survive the cull machine. LOL. The only way I redo a home with Sims living there is if I play that household - otherwise they stay as they came to the game.

That said I did enjoy in Sims 3 having an empty user world and building it up myself and yes my Sims were pretty perfect I tend to make Sims that remind me of real people I know - but I always left a few empty lots for the game to fill as well so I had variety.

I generally make my own Sims for playing the game - and let those that exist - stay as they are. More times than not I get fits of giggles out of some of them - also some times wonder what that Guru was thinking when they made this or that one. Humans though all so unique in life I sort of enjoy the uniqueness of the game sims. Besides I am repelled by the idea of the Stepford wives and that is all I see when I see nothing but perfect sims in perfect coiffures, dressed to perfection. It's creepy, robotic, and not my idea of the perfect world I want to live in and surely do not care to play in. I love all people and people come in many packages.

See this: this is creepy to me - and not the way real people are. This is Stepford wives.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stepford+wife&tbm=isch&imgil=U0q1ax_lvGlErM%3A%3Blk_UnaZlPyzamM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fjoannawillis.wordpress.com%252Ftag%252Fstepford-wife%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=U0q1ax_lvGlErM%3A%2Clk_UnaZlPyzamM%2C_&usg=__lFwAuqA6U7ikgHnshp0zsWTCWT8=&biw=1901&bih=959&ved=0ahUKEwj_hNSk1dHRAhVJ7xQKHe_EBZsQyjcIiQE&ei=-oCCWP-fOcneU--Jl9gJ#imgrc=U0q1ax_lvGlErM:

ETA - I must add in Sims 2 and Sims 3 to be honest I do use default skins and eyes - which does in fact make all the Sims look a bit better.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    EineloreleiEinelorelei Posts: 6 New Member
    I just give them all makeovers. =)
  • Options
    marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    I like to change weird outfits like the hot dogs people etc.. But why do people dislike the elders?! I love them, I like to create my own tonw and sims, but I keep it diverse. I like the elders, I think it's important to have all ages interecting. You know what eliminating people that do not "fit" your padrons is? Eugenics. I know it's just a game and they're not people, but shows your intolerance. Btw, am I the only one that loves to create all kinds of people and especially from all "countries"?
  • Options
    SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    Waste of time imo. You can't delete ugly people irl
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    I like to change weird outfits like the hot dogs people etc.. But why do people dislike the elders?! I love them, I like to create my own tonw and sims, but I keep it diverse. I like the elders, I think it's important to have all ages interecting. You know what eliminating people that do not "fit" your padrons is? Eugenics. I know it's just a game and they're not people, but shows your intolerance. Btw, am I the only one that loves to create all kinds of people and especially from all "countries"?

No you're not the only one. My real life family could pass for the United Nations reunion when we have family reunions and I do like to recreate members of both my family and friends which also involve all kinds of nationalities and ethnic origins. I like my game to reflect many of my friends and family - sort of in a strange way makes me feel closer to them all as we live around the world and all over the USA as well - so sometimes reflecting them in my game is about as close as I can get to see the real people. Also reminds me I did not contact this person or that. So I give them a call or facebook PM. Lol. I also still play a Sims 3 game with all the Sims my Sims friends made of themselves when I play Sims 3 and we are also from many countries and various nationalities.

I would have a hard time playing my Sims - 2-3 - or 4 with out people from around the world. That is not the world I live in or play in and I like to reflect that when I play the Sims. I enjoy downloading Sims from players from all countries and races for my game.

I do have to add I also love the supernaturals and as far as I know none are in my real life - but I enjoy them all in my game. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    I have. I don't always, but I prefer to have town full of *my* creations. And I create diversity. But that's how I play. With my creations. Houses/Sims ect. I hate pre-made.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png