Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixer Upper: Design | Renovate | Create [CLOSED]

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited January 2017
    ONE WEEK LEFT!!

Just want to tag some of the people that said they were interested and if I've made a mistake or missed anyone's entries, please let me know:

@AIRIS6962
    @Bookworm742
    @Hoplass
    @Kgaff
    @Rockleyfamily
    @JoeJude16
    @JovialJoy

I also remember that there were a couple people that said they were unable to complete entries, so please ignore me if that's the case :mrgreen:

ONE WEEK LEFT!!
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Front updated!

@LadyEmillye - can I get a check on this one please? :mrgreen:

Exact same link as Bowman which was already done.
    Front updated!

@LadyEmillye - can I get a check on this one please? :mrgreen:

Exact same link as Bowman which was already done.

Duh! Thanks. I even saw that when I put it on the list. You're a star, thank you!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    ONE WEEK LEFT!!

Just want to tag some of the people that said they were interested and if I've made a mistake or missed anyone's entries, please let me know:

@AIRIS6962
    @Bookworm742
    @Hoplass
    @Kgaff
    @Rockleyfamily
    @JoeJude16
    @JovialJoy

I always remember that there were a couple people that said they were unable to complete entries, so please ignore me if that's the case :mrgreen:

ONE WEEK LEFT!!

Sorry @aricarai, I won't have an entry, I have been side tracked by a quilt project that I am bound and determined to finish. I have been lurking and I think you will have your hands full with the all the great entries you have so far.
    Good luck everyone!
    Kgaff wrote: »
    ONE WEEK LEFT!!

@AIRIS6962
    @Bookworm742
    @Hoplass
    @Kgaff
    @Rockleyfamily
    @JoeJude16
    @JovialJoy

I always remember that there were a couple people that said they were unable to complete entries, so please ignore me if that's the case :mrgreen:

ONE WEEK LEFT!!

Sorry @aricarai, I won't have an entry, I have been side tracked by a quilt project that I am bound and determined to finish. I have been lurking and I think you will have your hands full with the all the great entries you have so far.
    Good luck everyone!

That's ok m'dear! Quilting, that's awesome! I hope you finish soon; I bet it's beautiful <3
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Kgaff

Ooh! Will you show us the quilt project, then??
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @Kgaff

Ooh! Will you show us the quilt project, then??

Oh yes please!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I'll try and get a picture of what I have so far and then I'll try and show the finished project. The pattern is like x's and o's but I am going to call it Hugs and Kisses <3
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    Thank you for your nice words, @ciane, @Sandraelle, @romagi1! :)<3
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @Lucyena, another beautiful creation sweetie. I love your beautifulness! <3
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Just stopping by to ooh and ahh over all the new entries the past couple weeks. I will them all rec'd within the next couple days. So much awesomeness!

I don't think I'll be getting a full reno submitted. I was working on something and liking it but had an issue it took me a while to figure out. There was a wall in the upstairs addition where nothing was accessible for a good part of the wall length. Eventually, I saw through the window, while taking an exterior picture, that the roof line from the one-floor section of the house cuts through that wall, something I couldn't see without having all the roof levels up (of course, if I hadn't been working with moo on most of the time, I would have probably figured it out quicker ;) ). Any ideas I've had about ways to fix it and keep that roof (which was kind of my starting point for the entire house design) involve some rebuilding that I don't think I have time to "do right." I think I'm going to play this house (I like it), but I just don't consider it shareable.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Beautiful new entries! I have mine almost finished since time ago, but I´m having a crazy busy time lately. I hope I will show it to you in time!
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    hi everyone! real life has been quiet busy for me. sick kids, new work schedule and some home repairs. I haven't even powered up my laptop in the last week or so. I cant remember how far along I got in my house redesign. going to try and get my game going and see if I can finish up a entry. I cant wait to go and look at all the entries you have all done.
    happy simming!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    There are so many awesome creations! Judging won't be easy once the time is there.
    I hope we will get some more entries!
    It is so quiet here... No more entries... :( But I think the judges have employment enough and I hope they have a lot of fun to explore the wonderful work of everybody! :)
    edited January 2017
    Here is mine! YAY! :mrgreen: I will complete by steps LOL ( I have to edit pictures )

Design & Full Renovation Entry Form

Name/Link to Your Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/AIRIS6962
    Design or Full Renovation: Full Renovation
    Lot name: Winter Writer
    Link to Your Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9036785
    Final Price: 48,464 ( Lot+House )
    Description: This is a full renovation of the Pre-fabulous home in Sunset Valley. Inspired in the French country houses style, combine classical and rustic touches in the decor. With an open plan layout, it has one bedroom, one bathroom, a study nook, fireplace in the living-room and a beautiful back porch and a pond in the backyard with sitting and eating areas. BBQ, car spot at the front of the house. NO CC, NO CAP, Playtested
    To bring the outdoors in, I added windows and two French doors (one in the living room and other in the bedroom), I put pictures about plants and landscaping on the walls and some plants here and there.
    How Lot Reflects Your Sim: John Walters wants to be an Professional Author. He loves reading and he needs to be sourrounded by books, so this home has bookcases and books everywhere: in the living-room, over the kitchen counters, in the bedroom and in the study nook (of course!), even in the bathroom he needs some magazines to read when he is sitting on the "throne".
    He is a music lover too, classical music most of all, as the classical man he is. He loves to sit in the living room, near the burning fireplace and reading a good book while listen to classical music on his old record player, and why not? to drink a cup of a good wine at the end of a Winter day.

Pictures (5 maximum in this thread - 1 must be a BEFORE):
    Screenshot-52%25282%2529.jpgScreenshot-86%2528BIS%2529.jpg
    Screenshot-83%2528BIS%2529.jpg
    Screenshot-65%2528BIS%2529.jpg
    Screenshot-80.jpg
    Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: https://goo.gl/photos/7VevMNXFrfqMAmde8
    Additional Information:

EDIT: I think it´s finished now! Thank you! :kissing_heart:
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    I am waiting! B)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    oh @AIRIS6962 - that building looks awesome. I love it!
    I love it too <3 ! The layout is adorable. At the weekend I want to upload all the houses and sims to explore them. I think I will need an empty world with 20x30 lots only! :):)
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Winter Writer is Custard Clean!

Thank you very much, dear Ladies! :kissing_heart:

I will finish my enter today later or tomorrow morning, because I have to go out in an hour.
  • Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Nothing like waiting until the last minute, but I finally made time to get back into my game and get the Full Renovation of Pre-Fabulous done and ready to submit. I started on it in November and worked on it until the holidays got crazy. My business is finally settling down and I had a chance to get in and finish it. When I did, I found it was mostly done! So all I had to do was play test it and get the photos (which was quite a task - see below for explanation) But, this project was a lot of fun and again, I thank you for the contest. All of the entries are simply GREAT. Enjoy!

Name/Link to Your Page: Faith_Andhope | My Profile | My Page
    Design or Full Renovation: Full Renovation
    Lot name: "Fabulous" known previously as The Pre-Fabulous
    Link to Your Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9036859
    Final Price: 45,078
    Description: I kept all of the original walls, as the guidelines dictate, but added many more, including a partial second story, consisting of a master bedroom and second story balcony. You will easily recognize the original structure in the overhead shot of the first floor, but you will see much more as the living room and guest room are add-ons as well as the second story, which has the master bedroom and balcony/porch area.
    How Lot Reflects Your Sim: My Sim is a writer and what used to be a small bathroom is now her cozy study. When she is tired of being cooped up in there, she can head out to enjoy the rest of the house, including a much-needed bar in the living room and nicely landscaped outdoors.

BEFORE:
    Screenshot-173_zpslivhvnce.jpg

RENOVATED:

Front
    Screenshot-149_zps2jqk3y8j.jpg

Back
    Screenshot-169_zpsrpasjren.jpg

Overhead Layout First Floor
    Screenshot-170_zpsbvsfo0id.jpg

Living Room
    Screenshot-154_zpsynhonfne.jpg

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: flickr album | flickr slideshow

Additional Information:
    I apologize if the photos are not showing. I have spent the entire morning trying to get them to show in this thread. First Shutterfly would not cooperate with me in uploading them there, so I started a flickr account. I got them uploaded and put in an album there, but I cannot get them to show individually from there to here in this thread even with getting a "share" link for them on that site. I did get the link for the album to work, so you can see all of the pics there. Then I tried Photobucket and it worked for awhile, then kept crashing. So I hope that when you view this post, you will actually see photos ... but I make no promises. *Big Fat Sigh*
    Post edited by Faith_Andhope on
    Yay glad to see some more entries. I'll get them updated on the front once I get home ❤
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I've one entry too! Unforunately, my renovation will not be finished on time, but my design is!

Design Entry Form

Name/Link to My Page
    Design or Full Renovation: Design
    Lot name: Post-Fabulous
    Link to Your Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9036955
    Final Price: 36.129
    Description: New design for the pre-fabulous in Sunset Valley.
    How Lot Reflects Your Sim: This starter has a cozy reading area with fireplace and a working area in the bedroom. This house may be narrow and small, but a true writer knows how to use all room for books! Or for research on his next book of course...

Before
    Screenshot-23_zps7qc00fbb.jpg

After:
    Screenshot-24_zpszhnngs1u.jpg

Kitchen/living area
    Screenshot-25_zps0irzhcok.jpg
    Screenshot-28_zpsqvsgwsds.jpg

Bedroom:
    Screenshot-26_zpsdfhu24fh.jpg

Additional Information:
    I was surprised how easy it was for me to change the look but staying under budget. In the end it felt finished, so I decided not to add more or fancier things just because of that budget. I guess the price is a good thing now, because you never know whether your next book is going to be a success or not! ;)

This was so much fun, but how can you make pictures in such a tiny space :D
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Wonderful to see more entries. Everyone who participated did an amazing job! :D