Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you have twins or triplets?

It is an extremely rare occurence for me. I can count on one hand the times I have had twins, and only one time I have had triplets.

I was just curious how often it happens to you guys?
Is it something that often messes with your plans in the game, where you suddenly have more kids than your bargained for, or is it a nice surprise when it happens?

Comments

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2017
    Since the launch of the game, I'd say I've had about 5-6 pairs of twins. It doesn't seem to necessarily be a rare occurrence in my game, but it doesn't happen too frequently. As I've never used the fertility lifetime reward, I'd say that my game's generated multiples at a pretty nice rate. I've never had triplets...but one of my sims will probably have some now just because I've written that... :tongue:

It always comes as a surprise to me. I find that most of the time, the sims I expect to have multiples only have one and the sims I don't expect to end up popping out a small litter. :lol: I can't say having multiples has messed up my plans in my game, but I've certainly said "Oh wow...that's a lotta kids!" and I silently scream inside because I'm not the best when playing large households. :grimace: Most of the time, it's a pleasant surprise. I really love finding out if the children are identical or fraternal, and it always gives me something to look forward to when I age them. :)
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I've had a pretty balanced mix of single children and twins, I've never had triplets or duadruplets though. Since using the "on ley line" lot trait I've had quite a few sets of twins in my game. One of my families has TWO sets of twins... That is definitely a difficult one to play with at times lol
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't remember how many times I've gotten twins, but I know I got them a few times. I'm always surprised when I get them and I'm never prepared when I have them :sob:
    For triplets, I've only gotten them twice. The first time was hilarious. I thought I had girl/boy twins, but it turned out I had two girls with the same name and a boy. :joy: The second time was shocking; Two boys and a girl. They all have the same face and took after their mom thank God, but their hair/eye colors are different. I always get them confused with their cousins, who were all single births.
    I usually roll with it whenever I get them, so I guess they're always a nice surprise. I find twins manageable, but triplets are like... Please hurry up and age up already. LOL.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I've gotten 2 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets the whole time I've been playing. I'm usually only prepared for 1 baby anyway so that's ok with me. Though now that we have toddlers, I think my sims will be having more babies than before. :D
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    One set of twins and now a set of triplets. I started a new save so I could have a family focus on one toddler and she ended up having three boys.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have never ever had triplets. I have twins twice I guess in TS3 and TS4 twice as well. Since I can use on ley line I have them always when I want, but still - never triplets.

Fertile trait and massage never brought me multiples
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I've had a fair few in my time, especially when I don't want multiples.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    For me, very few multiples. I'm trying the Ley Line lot trait now and pairing it with kids radio/tv and the fertility trait, so I'll either have 500 babies or just a single :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I've had triplets at least 20 times by now, but I've had the game since launch so it really isn't all that much. The majority of them were random as well, and not the result of the fertile trait or the On Ley Line lot trait.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've only ever had twins twice and never triplets...one time the twins fit in with my story telling, the other time I already had 3 kids and didn't want 5 so aged one up to a child and he met an unfortunate demise in a walled in swimming pool.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I have twins a lot, but only ONCE so far have had triplets and that was purely by random.
  • witch_hammerswitch_hammers Posts: 50 Member
    I haven't had triplets ever. Twins though? My sims pretty much exclusively have them.
  • amanda88mamanda88m Posts: 39 Member
    Had triplets once. Twins, around 4 times. One of my sims just had unexpected twins... but they're living in the tiniest apartment, it's hectic :joy:
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    when ts4 first came out i was having them all the time and 90% of the time they were boys. Now it has become more rare.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    Lately, every other pregnancy is triplets, sometimes twins, but mostly triplets. Not using Ley Line either, or the fertility things. It changed sometime right before City Living. Before that, getting multiples was rare for me. I'm fine with it and hope they don't change it.

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I've never had triplets.
    I've had quite a few twins, though! Funny enough, I didn't have my first set of un-cheated/not-created-in-CAS twins until earlier last year (and I've been playing on a regular basis since launch). After that experience, my Sims started popping out twins left and right.

Sometimes it's a pain and messes with my plans, but it's also still a lot of fun. I'm very controlling of how things work out in my game, but I like when it throws unexpected things like that my way. Makes it more of a challenge, especially with the Toddlers now.
  • marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    Before the toddler patch twins a few times,triplets once. Since the patch my one family has had twins four times. All boys and the house has been crazy.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I only want one at a time. It's like two or three of the same person.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I think they need to tone it down. Seems way too common now. In TS3 my sims almost never had multiples unless I did something to influence it(like reading parenting books or something).
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I never had twins/ triplets untill the ley-line trait came out
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I get twins frequently enough. Only had triplets once and I was not even trying.. lol
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    For some reason, no matter how hard i try, i have one.... lol. In three separate game files now I have had the "on ley line" trait, purchase fertility rewards, etc etc. And everytime i have 1 baby.

In the first file I had 5 single children and eventually stopped playing it, in another i had 4 single children, and im currently playing a file where they just tried "for multiples" and had one baby. They will be trying again soon and i hope i can fiiiiiinally get twins! Haha.

About 2 years ago i had a sim (no rewards or anything & lot traits werent a thing yet) who got pregnant with her new husband and they had twins. Otherwise ive only had single children!
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Triplets is a little much for me, especially now that we have toddlers. Twins would be the most I could handle.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've had quite a fair amount of twins. I got TS4 around the time where there was that bug that made pregnancies almost always result in twins. I was relieved when the finally got around to fixing it. c':

As for triplets, I believe I've only had them happen once in my game. Eliza Pancakes shocked me when she popped out triplets! I can't remember whether I'd given her the fertile trait or not, but I imagined she would have twins at most, not triplets.
  • DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    I have had many twin pairs, just got boy and girl twins in my recent family. Triplets I think I had at least one pair if I remeber, identical girls and a boy. But i mostly get singletons , which is what I prefer :p