Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @egwarhammer How often does MC do the relationship cleaning?

I think it's nightly between 2-5am, but I'm not SURE about "nightly". It runs in place of EA's cleaner routine if you have C selected (from the D, C, E options in MCCC's setting).
    @itsug I tried the newer version but still nothing... If you would be able to show me how it would be great!
    This is what I did:
    I downloaded the 3_1_0zip file, went to my downloads folder. Double clicked the zipped file, an extra folder appeared with all the scripts and packages. Dragged the scripts and packages to my mods folder inside my sims 4 folder.

Can you post us a picture somewhere? I know new members can't post links, but you can get around that... upload the picture of your /Sims4/Mods and Sims4/Mods/MC folders (if you didn't drop them all into /Mods instead of their own subfolder), and when you paste the link to it in the message, add a ., like this: ht.tp://

That breaks it enough to post, and it's a simple fix for me to fix the link and post your pictures for you. :) I can help you better if I can see what you're looking at.

JRBear wrote: »
    I have a question about disabling relationship culling... Will it cause a huge amount of lag? Is so, are there work arounds, like going and deleting relationships you no longer need/want?

I'm playing with about a dozen households, so by the time I get around to some, they'll have forgotten some of my other sims... Wish there was something that would turn it off just between played sims or something along those lines.

BTW, Forget Sim (available on the Sim/Relpanel > MC menu) is an excellent tool for taking a "rifle" approach to getting rid of sims from your RelPanel. :) You can forget Friendly, Romantic, Both, and/or Family ties, too. Try the various options... copy your save game first if you aren't sure you're going to like what happens. ;)
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member

I think it's nightly between 2-5am, but I'm not SURE about "nightly". It runs in place of EA's cleaner routine if you have C selected (from the D, C, E options in MCCC's setting).

Hmm, okay, maybe mine isn't working then. I set the relationship number to zero, but I still have a bunch of Sims in my relationship panel that I never talk to. In another save, I remember manually deleting Sims with the "Forget Sim" option you mentioned above, but that created some odd bugs, like ghosts that appeared alive again (in the panel) and were hugely muscular. :|
    aSE16f8.gif
    edited January 2017

Hmm, okay, maybe mine isn't working then. I set the relationship number to zero, but I still have a bunch of Sims in my relationship panel that I never talk to. In another save, I remember manually deleting Sims with the "Forget Sim" option you mentioned above, but that created some odd bugs, like ghosts that appeared alive again (in the panel) and were hugely muscular. :|

What OTHER mods/cc are you using? Have they ALL been checked for the Toddler patch? This is starting to sound like "background conflicts", maybe.

Anything weird in your mc log file? Any lastexceptions in /Sims4 when you play?

Edit: Try N,A instead of N,Z. The numbers are absolute, so 0 means 0 and you're not ditching those 3-6 points "we waved at each other in passing, once" acquaintances.

You CAN set it with a number in the Custom box, maybe try 5 there if you have more than you want hanging around. That'll take out any between -5 and 5. You'll keep your true haters (we need a couple of dislikes for one of the aspirations, at least) but get rid of all the "I barely know you" folks.

Found a new issue, I've been unable to set any Flags on Toddlers, even with no other mods in. I reported it, no further info yet. Just a heads up, but, it's already on DP's radar to look into.
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    There is teen pregnancy in this mod, am I correct? Can it be customised in that I wouldn't have teens all over the neighbourhood getting pregnant or is there no control over it?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    There is teen pregnancy in this mod, am I correct? Can it be customised in that I wouldn't have teens all over the neighbourhood getting pregnant or is there no control over it?

We can't discuss that here - you'll need to ask over on MTS.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    @itsug I tried the newer version but still nothing... If you would be able to show me how it would be great!
    This is what I did:
    I downloaded the 3_1_0zip file, went to my downloads folder. Double clicked the zipped file, an extra folder appeared with all the scripts and packages. Dragged the scripts and packages to my mods folder inside my sims 4 folder.

I will attempt to get a guide done this weekend. need to update game and mod on the macbook though, but shouldnt take too long. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I was wondering if someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. What I'm trying to do is to activate the debug cheat through the MC mod. This is what I have attempted to do.

I opened up the cheat window by control-shift-C and entered Debug_Cheats_Enabled
    But after doing that, nothing new happened. Is there something else that I need to do to activate this cheat?

I'm not quite sure what there is that I need to do to activate the debug cheat.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited January 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I was wondering if someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. What I'm trying to do is to activate the debug cheat through the MC mod. This is what I have attempted to do.

I opened up the cheat window by control-shift-C and entered Debug_Cheats_Enabled
    But after doing that, nothing new happened. Is there something else that I need to do to activate this cheat?

It's not a console command, it's entered through game UI. Click on a computer and open the MCCC menu, or enter mc_settings in the cheat line to open the same menu. The console commands are listed here separately: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

It's not a console command, it's entered through game UI. Click on a computer and open the MCCC menu, or enter mc_settings in the cheat line to open the same menu. The console commands are listed here separately: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Thank you very much, I was able to find it. :)
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Hi.
    Could someone help me and tell me why my relationship statuses change although i have changed all the decays to "0".

Thank you! <3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited January 2017
    After installing the latest version (3.1.0) my sims have gotten sick more easily; like, two sims sick (one once, the other twice) in one sim day.
    I have dl'd other CC today (CAS/objects/poses); but in terms of gameplay mods, I only updated MCCC.

Have to go to bed, and I didn't get to play more than a couple sim days as I was fiddling with poses and photos. The sick buff frequency just seemed odd to me so I thought I'd ask.

If no one else is having this issue, maybe it's just a fluke.

EDIT:

Not a fluke. Same two sims are frequently getting illness buffs. No new CC applied to them and no new mods dl'd, only the update to MCCC. :/
    Post edited by itsmegamo on
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited January 2017
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    After installing the latest version (3.1.0) my sims have gotten sick more easily; like, two sims sick (one once, the other twice) in one sim day.
    I have dl'd other CC today (CAS/objects/poses); but in terms of gameplay mods, I only updated MCCC.

Have to go to bed, and I didn't get to play more than a couple sim days as I was fiddling with poses and photos. The sick buff frequency just seemed odd to me so I thought I'd ask.

If no one else is having this issue, maybe it's just a fluke.

EDIT:

Not a fluke. Same two sims are frequently getting illness buffs. No new CC applied to them and no new mods dl'd, only the update to MCCC. :/

I don't think that your sims getting frequently ill is related to MC. As far as I can see there are no options in MC to manipulate the games illness system.

But there is a possibility within the debug commands. Before you can use them you have to make them visible with MC.

➽ Where to find in MCCC:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats
    y3maTld99mpdDAAsYAHCW5idbTLya6__n9rov2zHW_lsn3xIVeBDvna58bpzsPR9hvnWf9lTv-EsWkrnPZa-tSSiiHX2uDt225q5Wt_zJr0tnD4WjkX9g5-jr6SRXigCrwe9d3PZPB9Z9h9Ed8OhRYXgq6cjFW2PHxMRXf6PTY_XU8?width=403&height=323&cropmode=none

If you have them enabled, you get a pie menu like this when you Shift-Click your sim.
    y3mlBzz3fhifJZnemSOcA_Bf0SWWebbHfZvLhj8QZgZIn1QrwjahxsKTDyiGzSiBd6e9HbRmPnKOAfEoueN5lYgif8w93jH-4EVa5pgECwQaeQgw93fuavYNAIGd2i8Z9b0SqjtaC4SVzXorcaPI45cBFwhoQmCVSc3knyGjVBuS-4?width=719&height=381&cropmode=none

Use the button "Illness System..." for your game. There are several options to tweak illness.

Debug commands are not a MCCC feature, although they look like being one. The debug commands are a usually hidden part of the original game and not part of a particular mod. You can see it the way you use it: you have to Shift-Click on an object or your sim to get access to debug commands. Only thing you can do with MCCC is make them visible/usable.

Hope this helps...

If you have any questions, please ask.

#DebugCommands #MCCC #Howto
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Hi! I am new to MCCC and still trying to figure out all the settings but am enjoying it so far.

I have a question with regards to changing the life span duration, I have my game setting on long lifespan but if I use the age settings in MCCC does this override the game setting or does it add to it? For example the duration of the toddler stage on long life span is 28 days, if I set it to 30 in MCCC will his make my toddlers age up after 30 days or after 58 days?
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    Hi! I am new to MCCC and still trying to figure out all the settings but am enjoying it so far.

I have a question with regards to changing the life span duration, I have my game setting on long lifespan but if I use the age settings in MCCC does this override the game setting or does it add to it? For example the duration of the toddler stage on long life span is 28 days, if I set it to 30 in MCCC will his make my toddlers age up after 30 days or after 58 days?

Welcome to MC CmD.
    The lifespan calculates from normal lifespan, so a tip is to actually go for normal and then choose all the seperate lifespans. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi.
    Could someone help me and tell me why my relationship statuses change although i have changed all the decays to "0".

Thank you! <3

Try this option:

Computer: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling > Bypass Relationship Culling

This will completly deactivate relationship culling.

#howto #MCCC #MCCleaner #relationshipculling
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi.

Thank you! <3

Try this option:

Computer: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling > Bypass Relationship Culling

This will completly deactivate relationship culling.

#howto #MCCC #MCCleaner #relationshipculling

I already have that option activated. But thanks anyway! :)<3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I need some advice on relationship settings. Basically I want Sims 4 to work like Sims 2: Relationships stay stable except for the currently played household. Relationships of sims in that household to everyone else (played, unplayed, active, inactive) should drop gradually. I have around 14 households that I play on irregular intervals following no shedule.

So far I have set Relationship culling to type D and Population_Bypassculling to true, but I'm unsure what values to set for Decay_ratio_friendship and Deacy_ratio_romantic. Any tips?
    edited January 2017
    I need some advice on relationship settings. Basically I want Sims 4 to work like Sims 2: Relationships stay stable except for the currently played household. Relationships of sims in that household to everyone else (played, unplayed, active, inactive) should drop gradually. I have around 14 households that I play on irregular intervals following no shedule.

So far I have set Relationship culling to type D and Population_Bypassculling to true, but I'm unsure what values to set for Decay_ratio_friendship and Deacy_ratio_romantic. Any tips?

I think I understand what you want to achieve, but with relationship culling set to 'D', there will be no relationship culling at all - without any exception. This is a global setting and will affect all households. There is no 'Bypass active household' option regarding relationship culling, which might be the (non-exsisting) solution you are looking for.

Also the friendship/romance decay is a global setting. But with relationship culling set to 'D', both settings will have no effect because they are overruled by 'D'. The relationship culling 'D' works like a circuit breaker.

As for the values: 100% for friendship/romance decay is Maxis default. It this is to fast for your gaming style, make a backup of your game data and try something between 75% and 50%.

To cut it short: As far as I know, there is no possiblilty in MC to simulate a Sims 2 environment regarding relationship culling.

Post edited by Bonxie on
    I know this might be a bit early to ask, but with vampires coming out in a little over a day, I was wondering something. With the MC modules, it sets up sims to get married, and have children. What I would like to know is, will there be a way a player (through MC) stop the vampires from getting married, and having children all on their own, yet allow the human sims to carry on as they should getting married and having children? I'm planning on playing rotational with the vampires only, and would like for Story Progression not to effect them, but allow the rest of the sims to carry on as normal.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @LaBlue0314
    The same way it does now with played households. There are options to where you can set up marriages and pregnancies to either allow, or ignore played households, or romantic interests, etc. If it's NPC Vampires you're wondering about, then you may need to chase them all down and flag them to not get married / pregnant.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member

I think I understand what you want to achieve, but with relationship culling set to 'D', there will be no relationship culling at all - without any exception. This is a global setting and will affect all households. There is no 'Bypass active household' option regarding relationship culling, which might be the (non-exsisting) solution you are looking for.

Also the friendship/romance decay is a global setting. But with relationship culling set to 'D', both settings will have no effect because they are overruled by 'D'. The relationship culling 'D' works like a circuit breaker.

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?
    Relationship culling is when a relationship that has reached 0 is deleted by the game. I do not want that to happen ever, so I think "D" is the way to go. (I do my culling of unwanted relationships manually).
    Decay is the slow degration of a relationship both positive or negative towards the 0 point. It should not be affected by any culling setting.
    As for the values: 100% for friendship/romance decay is Maxis default. It this is to fast for your gaming style, make a backup of your game data and try something between 75% and 50%.

To cut it short: As far as I know, there is no possiblilty in MC to simulate a Sims 2 environment regarding relationship culling.
    Sadly, yes, but coming close is good enough for me. I'll try your suggested values soon as the club system is repaired and I can enter my mainsave again :)

...Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?
    Relationship culling is when a relationship that has reached 0 is deleted by the game. I do not want that to happen ever, so I think "D" is the way to go. (I do my culling of unwanted relationships manually).
    Decay is the slow degration of a relationship both positive or negative towards the 0 point. It should not be affected by any culling setting...

Yes, you're right. The only thing I wanted to point out was, that there will be no culling at all if the the relationship culling is set to "D", no matter how fast or slow friendship/romance value reaches '0'.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top