Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible bugs from latest update

IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
I'm still stoked by the latest toddler update, but after playing a while I noticed some new bugs that are pretty much annoying me.

I play with a default save game, where I already placed some homes and venues in so that I don't have to always redo when I want to start a new game. I have also configured all the clubs in thus save file as well. After the patch, I thought it was cool to update my default save file and make some venues toddler-friendly by placing high chairs and other items throughout different venues.

1). After doing this, I saved the updates and noticed that it broke or resets the clubs. I have configured all clubs to have all perks, but after placing new items in the already existing venues or even trying to place a new venue in any of the neighborhoods, the clubs reset with new members and all perks are lost.

2). Ok, so that's one annoying bug I noticed. On to the next one shall we. So I've also noticed that my Sims mouths do not move when they're talking. They would keep the same emotion influenced facial expression throughout any conversation that they would have with another Sim or on the phone. I'm assuming the new teeth is causing this.

3). I've also noticed that changing the colors on phones resets. So let's say if I change my Sims phone color to pink or blue, it would reset to the original color.

4). I don't know of this is a possible bug or I'm not understanding how to bring the little tykes to the restaurants. When I select the Sims to go with a Sim to the restaurant, they always leave the toddler behind. Then I have to select bring so and so to the current lot and then the toddler would come. After he arrives, I would request a table that has enough seats already, but also includes a high-chair. The host would seat my Sims at different tables. For example, if I have a mom, dad and toddler family planning to eat at the restaurant. The hist would place the mom at one table, the dad at a separate table and the toddler is just walking around until I place him in a high chair. When ordering food, I have the option to order for the toddler, but when the food arrives it arrives at a separate table and there is no way to drag it onto the high chair.

Ok, that's it for now or at least I think so. I would continue adding to the list as I find more bugs.

FYI...I have already repaired my game and resetted the folder. I removed all mods and tried to see if that was the cause, but it was still happening. I tried playing with a brand new save file without any of my configurations to clubs or additional venues and these problems still persist.

Have anyone noticed any other bugs from the toddler patch, please feel free to add onto the list.
Post edited by IceDrizzle27 on

Comments

• IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    To add: I just finished watching a LP on YouTube from another simmer and I noticed the mouth not moving while they were talking as well. So it's not only my game.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    To add: I just finished watching a LP on YouTube from another simmer and I noticed the mouth not moving while they were talking as well. So it's not only my game.

I have that issue too.
    Simanite wrote: »

I have that issue too.

Thanks for commenting. I really thought it was only my game because my sister said she didn't notice it in her game.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The phone color bug and no mouth animation bug also happen in my game.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The clubs was fixed in the patch before the toddler one. I haven't had an issue with them since.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The clubs was fixed in the patch before the toddler one. I haven't had an issue with them since.

I know it was previously fixed, but it seems to still be happening in my game.
    Thanks Rosemow, I have done so...
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2017

Nope it's not only your game cuz I noticed that too. First noticed in CAS right away. And the undo button doesnt work right eiter. It kicks you kompletly off into full body mode. Very annoying when editing details.
    Post edited by LuvMySimz on
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @IceDrizzle27 I also wanted to experience a toddler at a restaurant. When I tried, the game told me toddlers can't go to restaurants, so she was sent to daycare when Mom and Dad left. I didn't think to click the come to lot when they got there as that notice told me it wouldn't work with toddlers. That may be why the restaurant experience didn't go so well for you. Maybe we can learn to work around this, or perhaps ask the devs to change it? Since toddlers can eat adult food, I would think it should be able to work somehow.
    @Simberella777 Oh yes, I am looking forward to seeing toddlers eat at restaurants. I haven't played with toddlers too much yet since I'm waiting for my current household to get pregnant, but I am curious to know if that's how the devs intended for it to be or is there a trick to having toddlers eat at restaurants.
  • UerdariUerdari Posts: 3 New Member
    i've found that sims don't want to do what they are told (like eat) they just stand there doing nothing all the while the clock is ticking so they are stuck hungry or tired, to get them to move again entails saving the game and restarting it,
    Uerdari wrote: »
    i've found that sims don't want to do what they are told (like eat) they just stand there doing nothing all the while the clock is ticking so they are stuck hungry or tired, to get them to move again entails saving the game and restarting it,

Oh yes, I've experienced this yesterday....I thought this was just as bad as the popping "T" pose that they would do
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Uerdari wrote: »

Hello
    When this occurs, it can help to go to game options and back, buy mode and back, or pressing the "M" key, then see if that unsticks the sims. Also pressing pause then waiting a few seconds before returning to normal speed can help.
  • Rogin1021Rogin1021 Posts: 2 New Member
    I really do love the new Toddler update! But now my game stalls and it takes my sims such a long time to complete their tasks......is anyone else having this problem?
    edited January 2017
    Rogin1021 wrote: »
    I really do love the new Toddler update! But now my game stalls and it takes my sims such a long time to complete their tasks......is anyone else having this problem?

Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue.
    Some things to do that may help the issue are:

Try playing in offline mode and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Start a fresh new save game and see if the game is smoother there.
  • KitaluckyKitalucky Posts: 32 Member
    Since I've updated I've had a couple of bugs as well. It won't let me play a family. I'll click on the household and it'll start to load and then take me back to map. Also, when I'm out in the city my sim has difficult time interacting with townie sims.
    edited January 2017
    Kitalucky wrote: »
    Since I've updated I've had a couple of bugs as well. It won't let me play a family. I'll click on the household and it'll start to load and then take me back to map. Also, when I'm out in the city my sim has difficult time interacting with townie sims.

Hello @Kitalucky
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

If the issues remain after doing that, try rolling back to an earlier version of your save game.
    These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • SapphicMojoSapphicMojo Posts: 58 Member

I have this as well. The action stays queued at the very top of the list even when it's the only one they have, for sometimes as long as a full minute when I've thought to time it.

I've found something else as well. I'm not sure if this is a bug and I don't know if it existed prior to the toddler update as this is the first time I've had this exact set of circumstances. I have a sim couple that both have the big happy family aspiration. The progress for the first tier of that was stuck at 240/1000 for the task to spend $1000 on kids' stuff. I had the money to spend, but not the room for the stuff yet, so I spent a little over $800 on toddler furniture that I would need anyway. Instead of placing the items, I put them directly into family inventory as I was in a 1BR starter house. When I went back into live mode, no progress. I wasn't sure if it was perhaps because of an oversight with the toddler content or the distinction between toddler stuff and kid's stuff, so I went back into buy mode and got the kid's activity table and the Junior Wizard Starter Set. Once back in live mode, no progress. Just to test it out, I took everything I'd just bought from family inventory and placed it in my living room, and "bingo." Goal completion.

I have this as well. The action stays queued at the very top of the list even when it's the only one they have, for sometimes as long as a full minute when I've thought to time it.

I've found something else as well. I'm not sure if this is a bug and I don't know if it existed prior to the toddler update as this is the first time I've had this exact set of circumstances. I have a sim couple that both have the big happy family aspiration. The progress for the first tier of that was stuck at 240/1000 for the task to spend $1000 on kids' stuff. I had the money to spend, but not the room for the stuff yet, so I spent a little over $800 on toddler furniture that I would need anyway. Instead of placing the items, I put them directly into family inventory as I was in a 1BR starter house. When I went back into live mode, no progress. I wasn't sure if it was perhaps because of an oversight with the toddler content or the distinction between toddler stuff and kid's stuff, so I went back into buy mode and got the kid's activity table and the Junior Wizard Starter Set. Once back in live mode, no progress. Just to test it out, I took everything I'd just bought from family inventory and placed it in my living room, and "bingo." Goal completion.

Hello
    The aspiration may require that the items are placed in the build, for it to register that you bought it. If you don't have enough room, you can place some of the items, go to live mode so that it registers then go back into build mode and place then back into the household inventory,
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    I'm still stoked by the latest toddler update, but after playing a while I noticed some new bugs that are pretty much annoying me.

I play with a default save game, where I already placed some homes and venues in so that I don't have to always redo when I want to start a new game. I have also configured all the clubs in thus save file as well. After the patch, I thought it was cool to update my default save file and make some venues toddler-friendly by placing high chairs and other items throughout different venues.

1). After doing this, I saved the updates and noticed that it broke or resets the clubs. I have configured all clubs to have all perks, but after placing new items in the already existing venues or even trying to place a new venue in any of the neighborhoods, the clubs reset with new members and all perks are lost.

2). Ok, so that's one annoying bug I noticed. On to the next one shall we. So I've also noticed that my Sims mouths do not move when they're talking. They would keep the same emotion influenced facial expression throughout any conversation that they would have with another Sim or on the phone. I'm assuming the new teeth is causing this.

3). I've also noticed that changing the colors on phones resets. So let's say if I change my Sims phone color to pink or blue, it would reset to the original color.

4). I don't know of this is a possible bug or I'm not understanding how to bring the little tykes to the restaurants. When I select the Sims to go with a Sim to the restaurant, they always leave the toddler behind. Then I have to select bring so and so to the current lot and then the toddler would come. After he arrives, I would request a table that has enough seats already, but also includes a high-chair. The host would seat my Sims at different tables. For example, if I have a mom, dad and toddler family planning to eat at the restaurant. The hist would place the mom at one table, the dad at a separate table and the toddler is just walking around until I place him in a high chair. When ordering food, I have the option to order for the toddler, but when the food arrives it arrives at a separate table and there is no way to drag it onto the high chair.

Ok, that's it for now or at least I think so. I would continue adding to the list as I find more bugs.

FYI...I have already repaired my game and resetted the folder. I removed all mods and tried to see if that was the cause, but it was still happening. I tried playing with a brand new save file without any of my configurations to clubs or additional venues and these problems still persist.

Have anyone noticed any other bugs from the toddler patch, please feel free to add onto the list.

Me too, I have exactly the same bug. Also there's a bug in the CAS that if you undo a detailed face modification, the camera will be reset to full view. Really annoying. Update is really buggy.
    rochelimit wrote: »

Me too, I have exactly the same bug. Also there's a bug in the CAS that if you undo a detailed face modification, the camera will be reset to full view. Really annoying. Update is really buggy.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Undo-button-sends-to-full-body-view/m-p/5817204#M32113

• DonutLoverDonutLover Posts: 3 New Member
    After the update all of my male sims have disappeared from the game. They are in my gallery but after I save, exit then come back they are no longer in my world.. Anyone else have this problem ?
  • MarlaMarla Posts: 20 New Member
    rose mow... I am still having problems with Oasis Springs... what did u say to do? when I enter a house the ppl are there but the house has been deleted... I have no mods... only what I buy from EA...