Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Hunters confirmed?

Comments

• GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Hmmm...'hunt and cure' isn't quite as exciting as 'hunt and stake through the heart'... still, I'll take it.
    Maybe a modder will help us out, I'd like to see that aswell. ;) There already are quite violent mods out there, and vampires are such a good excuse to make more mods LOL

I just hope vampire, or ex-vampires have different reactions when they're cured.

If a sim loved life as a vampire, and a Hunter came along and cured them without permission. the result should be the sim, Angry/Sad that their nothing more than a pathetic human.

but if the sim hated life as a vampire, and wanted to be cured, they'll be happy that they're free of their curse.

I hope so too! I also hope the Sims have different reactions to being turned. Like, if they are a GOOD Sim, they're upset. And if they're an EVIL Sim, they're all MWAHAHAHAHA! >]
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    okay this excites the ish outta me, you already know there's gonna be maaaad challenges made for this pack ahhh
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm so glad they added in vampire hunting for players like me who have no interest in playing a vampire who is just a welcomed part of the world. Let the hunting begin.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With being able to turn into a bat or mist and windows allowing sunlight won't affect them, there really doesn't seam to be a way to capture a vampire. I wonder if we can sneak into their lair during the day and open their coffin and force-feed a cure to them?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    This is great! I cant wait for this pack it just keeps getting better and better!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Curing a vampire is sort of a death sentence as they will lose their eternal life.

They'll also lose whatever powers they've gained -- for some highly skilled vampires, death might be preferable.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With being able to turn into a bat or mist and windows allowing sunlight won't affect them, there really doesn't seam to be a way to capture a vampire. I wonder if we can sneak into their lair during the day and open their coffin and force-feed a cure to them?

Remember that those skills have to be earned, so not every vampire is going to have them. And maybe there's a way to play on the weaknesses to capture them unawares.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Hmmm...'hunt and cure' isn't quite as exciting as 'hunt and stake through the heart'... still, I'll take it.
    Maybe a modder will help us out, I'd like to see that aswell. ;) There already are quite violent mods out there, and vampires are such a good excuse to make more mods LOL

I would die if a modder made that... :love:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    so are there any gameplay mechanics to be a vampire hunter?
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I want to know, if a sim or vamp dislikes/hates your vamp enough, will they turn up and try to cure them?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I want to know, if a sim or vamp dislikes/hates your vamp enough, will they turn up and try to cure them?

I guess so but it's almost a rare thing, just like a townie that hates your sim and just picks up a fight with you.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

I guess so but it's almost a rare thing, just like a townie that hates your sim and just picks up a fight with you.

Hmm. I appreciate your response. I'm wondering though if anyone can give definitive confirmation.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If the game doesn't turn your sims into vampires autonomously, then I would think they aren't cured autonomously either.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm so glad they added in vampire hunting for players like me who have no interest in playing a vampire who is just a welcomed part of the world. Let the hunting begin.

How do you hunt them?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »

How do you hunt them?

Your hunter Sim has to get to level 15 of the vampire lore skill. He or she can then make the cure for vampirism, which requires 10 garlic, 10 wolfsbane, and 10 plasma fruit (which is what you can harvest from the plants when they've fully ripened). Your Sim has to defeat the vampire in a fight (fitness skill helps) and then throw the cure at him or her.

• KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    KHS12 wrote: »

How do you hunt them?

Your hunter Sim has to get to level 15 of the vampire lore skill. He or she can then make the cure for vampirism, which requires 10 garlic, 10 wolfsbane, and 10 plasma fruit (which is what you can harvest from the plants when they've fully ripened). Your Sim has to defeat the vampire in a fight (fitness skill helps) and then throw the cure at him or her.

That's intense. Thank you!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yippee! My vampire hunter just cured his first vampire. I sent him after Lily Feng, who was a fledgling vampire (turned by a different Sim in my game), and since he was only at level 3 fitness, I thought she would have low enough fitness to lose to him in a fight. He had some garlic braids in his inventory; I don't know if they made a difference. And of course, he'd made the cure beforehand. It's expensive -- $2500, and he had to spend $1500 to get the plasma fruit because his tree hadn't started producing yet.

The actions went like this -- use mean interactions to get to "fight vampire," then more mean interactions to get to "slay vampire." I think you have to choose "slay vampire" to get your Sim to throw the drink at one. The whole thing took about 2 Sim hours, so 4-5 am might be a good time to go hunting.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I Just love the fact It's not 100% one skill called, Vampire Hunting. All you need is Knowledge of the supernatural and your Fitness needs to be high.

I hope that's the case for the other Life States, Lycan Mythology, I hope they make it so werewolf Hunting, it's not just Fitness and Mythology, But Cooking/Baking/Mischief/Herbalism/Mixology, your sim's cleverness to poison a werewolf's dish/drink with Wolfsbane, Mountain Ash, and Mistletoe.
    if you're a good enough cook, you can probably cover any trace of wolfsbane from a Werewolf's sense.

Anatomy of Magic, it's all going to be epic. I think aside from studying magic, Logic, magic is tricky, and you need to be fast and cleaver.
    Knowing that a Sorcerer can't do anything without a "Line of Sight."
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    What I could do, since I already created a vampire mod that makes "Drain Life Spirit" deadly to the sim bitten, I could alter the cure sequence and after the vampire is splashed with the cure I will choose one of the original death animations for this sim to die instead of being cured! That should be possible. If anyone is interested in such a thing that is! ;)
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    What I could do, since I already created a vampire mod that makes "Drain Life Spirit" deadly to the sim bitten, I could alter the cure sequence and after the vampire is splashed with the cure I will choose one of the original death animations for this sim to die instead of being cured! That should be possible. If anyone is interested in such a thing that is! ;)

you should use the death by sunlight death.. since its already a vampire specific death.

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Not sure I want vampire hunters in my game now. Though I'm sure my love for the toothy ones will dwindle and that may change.
  • WylderoseWylderose Posts: 2 New Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

That would be great. Talk about keeping a hunter busy by killing off the randomly generated Vampires in their Elder state or killing off the enemies that just so happens to annoy a vampire the hunter befriended who is still quite humane.
  • Shelbygiiirl23_Shelbygiiirl23_ Posts: 3 New Member
    How do I put cures in my inventory?
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    " Cure " Hm.. isn't that already a thing put in the game? I think some of you guys are getting too hyped because their is one way I know of to cure a vampire, you have to have a negative relationship and you can choose to " slay " " cure" the vampire.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If I'm going to chase teen vampires, then I'll do it with the Scooby gang.

Funny you should say that, I made the Scooby Gang for My game in My Gallery, only one not there is Scooby, which I hope to change once Pets show up, :)