Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new features should be added to the sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited January 2017
    more interactive careers

- I love the work from home careers, i would like to see more of them. The objectives are sometimes really fun and neat.

liven up our sims personality
    -toddlers are a good example of what i mean.i feel that our sims personailty traits dont show up very much in their behavior. I love how emotive and expressive toddlers are. We need that for the other age groups. It almost feels like traits dont matter. Had this same issue in ts3.

It would have been neat if there were specific aspirations, for each characteristic. Like artistic sim aspirations or materialistic sim aspirations.

The traits we have are not enough and dont influence gameplay enough. Although i do love how their EMOTIONS affect gameplay. They did a good job with that.

• Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    cars, weather, hotels that you can run and check into
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2017
    We need more traits.
    Traits need to be more effective so that sims all do not act the same. Sims with opposite traits need to have personality clashes.
    Allow more than three personality traits. The Sims 3 eventually allowed five and I think The Sims 4 should have allowed that number at launch.

Attraction system.
    Improved A.I. Why does my sim ignore his best friend who is also at the gym yet autonomously talks to random strangers? This happens all the time at all venues.

I agree 100% with this. Traits seem to do very little.
    For example, one of my households is a single, young adult mother (Leigh) living with her child in the city. Leigh met a friend at work, who she ended up becoming best friends with (not that it took long :neutral: ). However, this best friend had the trait of "Hates Children." So, logically, wouldn't she become uncomfortable or tense when she spent time/conversed with Leigh's child at their apartment? Nooope. No reaction whatsoever. Happy as a clam.

Also, I would love for relationships to take longer to build. I shouldn't be able to ask someone to move in with me after only spending a few hours with them. It just seems very rushed and illogical.

Edit: oh and tHAT REMINDS ME. WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE SIM THAT YOU ARE NOT CONTROLLING CHEAT ON THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? It would be nice if they actually rejected other sims. :angry:
  • Options
    Sweetgirl612Sweetgirl612 Posts: 16 Member
    These latest patch has me so elated that I've taken a whole new interest in the game. I now actually WANT to throw my money at this as a thank you for doing toddlers so well in a free patch!!! With that in mind, here are some things I'd like to see added (either from old games or as new content) to the Sims 4 in SPs, GPs, or Expansions:

A scheduled nanny option
    Kids can read to toddlers
    Part time jobs for adults
    More real-life careers (factory worker, Grocery store employee, teacher, flight attendant, librarian, firefighter, tattoo artist, etc.) I don't care if they are active, and they don't even need 10 levels - just an added option for realism/creation of sim-self characters.
    Ability to work 2 jobs as long as the schedules don't overlap (a full time and a part time - maybe some jobs are overnight, like a stoker or hotel employee)
    More unique interactions/animations for teens (because the toddler life stage is AWESOME and has SAVED the game for me, and made me obsessed all over again!!!)
    Favorites/re-vamped attraction system; I'd like it to actually be quite difficult for relationships to form/last between incompatible sims
    After school activities
    WEATHER!!
    All baked goods (cakes, pies, cookies) as baking recipes and a less gigantic cupcake machine for home use

More kids/toddler activities-
    For outdoor:
    -Slide
    -Swing set
    -Sandbox
    -Merry-go-round
    -ride-in toy cars/walkers for tots (indoor or outdoor use)
    -kiddie pool & toddler swimwear
    -build snowman/snowball fight
    -normal sized telescope

For indoor:
    -Smaller microscope
    -kiddie oven (Like an ez-bake)

Sports equipment
    -Soccer
    -skating/ice skating/skateboarding
    -trampoline (and/or rent-able bouncy house for parties)
    -baseball or football to toss around/play catch
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited January 2017
    Children do not have enough interactions and gameplay, to make them CHILDREN.

Please give us

skateboarding
    hop skotch
    Tag
    Jump Rope
    Hand clapping games

- Bake sales for all ages, your sims can set up stands to make money

Post edited by TDU90 on
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am more of a builder when I play TS4, so it would be insanely awesome and make actual gameplay more enjoyable, IMO, if they incorporated the building aspect into an active career. Which I've posted my idea on the subject on many threads over the past 2 years.

2 New Active Careers- Architect/Realtor and Fixer Upper/Interior Designer.

We could have 2 branches in each of the active careers. Which, honestly, these could simply be patched into the game through an update. Or at least the architect/realtor branch career. The Interior Designer could be added in a stuff pack or even an expansion pack.

The Builder Career could consist of our sims themselves creating floor plans and selling their plans to consumers through a firm or their own independent freelance firm and collect royalties as an architect. As a realtor our sim could bid on properties, show houses off to potential buyers, and even become a "fixer upper" and renovate old homes to turn a profit and sale it for 3x it's worth. Our sim realtor could also take out a loan that they must pay back for all the fixes done and renovations. The realtor would be in charge of fixing broken pipes, electrical work, potential flooding, and pest control. Reputation points would also work as if your sim succeeds then your reputation is well respected earning your sim more work, more clients, and more buyers. Or your sim will lose sales, go bankrupt, and have to find a new profession.

The Interior Designer career could consist of our sims designing "rooms" for their portfolio to show to clients. And interview process with sims to learn about their likes, favorite color, style, etc. and our sim must follow through with the client's wishes to give them an interior space they will cherish. And of course, our sim had to work on a budget that the client gave to the sim. And this feature didn't work with just residential homes. Our sim designer could also find clients through businesses and design interior spaces for restaurants, shops, bars, and other community venues. NPC realtors could also hire your services to stage property that they're selling and your sim receives a percentage of the profit from the sale.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited January 2017
    • More active careers. A vet would be an easy add on through a pets-based expansion. I'd also like to see the return of firefighters and perhaps a supernatural-focused profession for those who desire it. I really like the interior design idea above, and I'd probably add stylist for those who want a CAS-career.
    • More age-related interactions for children, teens and elders. With toddlers and vampire's we've seen how life states can be made really distinct and I want that development to be an ongoing process, improving upon what we already have.
    • A more developed relationship system. Turn-ons, turn-offs and compatibility issues have been brought up on this thread many times. My biggest wish would be the return of real one-sided relationships. I want to see one sim crush on someone who hates them, I want to see one sibling look up to another, who in turn just finds their sibling annoying. I don't now if this is possible... but I want it. I want this to really be apparent in the interactions available.
    • More personality traits and emotions. Straightforward. Just. More of these, please. Make my sims Scared.
    • Graveyards. We have all these lovely new build items coming in Vampires... but no graveyard. Sadnes.
    • Terrain tools. Please.
  • Options
    MsPuffMsPuff Posts: 32 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    no if I wanted interviews, or expeirence in job market-I would do it in RL

It's a life simulator... you can also get fired or have your house burn down or your grandma can die in RL, and that's all in the Sims too because it's mimicking real life. It's fine if that's not something you personally want, but saying they shouldn't add it because that's how it is in real life kind of misses the point! Anyway, in past Uni EPs they have added careers that you do need a degree for, but they've never changed any of the previous careers other than to just give you a head start if you have a degree, which I think is unfortunate, but modders often will make mods to change that. I personally think it would be a more interesting game if it were harder for sims to get a great job and get rich, but I highly doubt they will change it in TS4, maaaybe in TS5, but I don't think that's the kind of game they want to make, so I'm not very hopeful, but MadameLee, I don't think you have to worry!

Anyway, here are some things I'd like to see (some are more likely to be possible than others):

Gameplay:
    • Seasons/Weather
    • #freethebabies (I was going to post a link to the Babies Are Sims Too! thread where there are more in depth ideas, but it won't let me)
    • Improved children/teens/elders (these could each be their own thread as well)
    • Shorter teens or preteens
    • More events (baby shower, graduation, family reunion, slumber party, school dance, funeral)
    • Graveyards
    • Laundry
    • Movie Theater venue
    • Arcade Venue
    • Improvement of group conversations so that random people aren't constantly butting into your sim's date
    • Improved Emotions that are more varied and affected by traits and less so by room decorations
    • Stylist/tattoo artist playable career (I want to make over all the townies!)
    • Firefighters (NPCs at least, but a playable career would be nice too)
    • Bands with vocalists
    • Beaches/Oceans where sims can go swimming
    • Toddlers can learn to swim, or a kiddie pool for them to play in
    • University and degrees (for all ages YA and up)
    • Playable schools for kids & teens
    • Playable education career at schools (with actual kids from the world as students)
    • Daycare for babies and toddlers (playable career - actual babies and toddlers in the world should attend as well as townies)
    • Schedule a Nanny
    • Ability to turn off supernaturals (ghosts, aliens, vampires with new pack) - either completely for the save or by world
    • Ability to build apartments on other lots/worlds
    • Hotels/resorts that can be built in any world
    • Ability to keep sims from other worlds showing up everywhere, or at least reduce the frequency of it so it's a neat surprise when it happens and not like Willow Creek is a 10 minute walk from Windenburg
    • For business employees to actually be the same if you visit as another household
    • To be able to set shifts for your employees
    • To be able to set the clientele that your retail business is geared toward (new parents, engaged sims, different traits like loves the outdoors, teens, sims in romantic relationships, etc, so those types of sims are more likely to be the ones who stop by)
    • To be able to hire your family members and friends to work at your business
    • To be able to work the stove, etc. at restaurants yourself to save on having to hire people at the beginning
    • For business employees to have that be their career they go to if you play them (doesn't have to be active, if you visit the lot they can still act like a typical worker NPC you can't control unless you tell them to leave work, and otherwise they will just be gone at work like any other career - or heck make it so you can't visit the lot with that household while someone from that household is currently at work, I don't care, I just want some consistency and cohesion in my neighborhoods)
    • To be able to purchase non-retail commercial lots and hire employees for them. I want my sims to be able to own a bar, club, spa, gym, etc.
    • To have multiple venue types on one lot (or let us delete lots and add more smaller ones so we can fit more venues in our neighborhoods)
    • To be able to get an NPC job (maid, pizza delivery, nanny, etc.) and for your sims with that career to show up if you hire that NPC from another household
    • To be able to visit GtW career lots with sims not in that career instead of having them be hidden
    • To have multiple GtW career lots so you can have different ones for different worlds
    • Carnival/Circus/Theme Parks with rides, circus careers and performances, cotton candy, carnival games and prizes, etc.

Buy/Build Mode:
    • Cars, Bicycles & Garages (and tricycles for tots!)
    • Bunk beds
    • Sleeping bags
    • Spiral staircases
    • Swing sets/slides/other playground equipment for kids & toddlers
    • Rocking horses for kids and toddlers
    • Regular sized telescopes and microscopes
    • Real elevators that can be used on any lot and actually have animations
    • Terrain Editing
    • World Creation/Editing (let us add or remove lots and changed the lot sizes, let us put lots right next to each other so we're not forced to have big gaps between everything, let us add or remove trees and deco, and also usable objects so we can redesign neighborhood parks, etc.)

CAS:
    Nail polish
    Body hair
    Facial/Naval piercings
    Height Slider (yeah, I know it's not going to happen, I still want it :P)
  • Options
    BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
    I had two idea epiphanies in the shower today. Firstly, I think it would be supper cute to have the option to renew your vows. I know it would be kind of pointless, but I think it would be so cute, especially for those hopeless romantic Sims that have been faithfully to each other through it all. Secondly, I think Community Colleges should be considered. I love University Life in the Sims 3, but at the same time, I think it would be cool to have a community college that's more local. It would be a rabbit hole like the school for kids and teens, but you would get the same benefits from it that you would get from a University.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I had two idea epiphanies in the shower today. Firstly, I think it would be supper cute to have the option to renew your vows. I know it would be kind of pointless, but I think it would be so cute, especially for those hopeless romantic Sims that have been faithfully to each other through it all. .

if you have a wedding arch in a lot someplace + your married couple can renew vows already
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
    I had two idea epiphanies in the shower today. Firstly, I think it would be supper cute to have the option to renew your vows. I know it would be kind of pointless, but I think it would be so cute, especially for those hopeless romantic Sims that have been faithfully to each other through it all. .

if you have a wedding arch in a lot someplace + your married couple can renew vows already

Wait, really?! I didn't know! Thank you for telling me!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member

Wait, really?! I didn't know! Thank you for telling me!

you're welecome!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    • More active careers. A vet would be an easy add on through a pets-based expansion. I'd also like to see the return of firefighters and perhaps a supernatural-focused profession for those who desire it. I really like the interior design idea above, and I'd probably add stylist for those who want a CAS-career.
    • More age-related interactions for children, teens and elders. With toddlers and vampire's we've seen how life states can be made really distinct and I want that development to be an ongoing process, improving upon what we already have.
    • A more developed relationship system. Turn-ons, turn-offs and compatibility issues have been brought up on this thread many times. My biggest wish would be the return of real one-sided relationships. I want to see one sim crush on someone who hates them, I want to see one sibling look up to another, who in turn just finds their sibling annoying. I don't now if this is possible... but I want it. I want this to really be apparent in the interactions available.
    • More personality traits and emotions. Straightforward. Just. More of these, please. Make my sims Scared.
    • Graveyards. We have all these lovely new build items coming in Vampires... but no graveyard. Sadnes.
    • Terrain tools. Please.

Yes, I think a potion-maker would be cool, or a magical familiar shop.
  • Options
    tropeziatropezia Posts: 5 New Member
    lmusic wrote: »
    I need more traits and more jobs - they would make such a difference

Yeah more traits and more jobs :)
  • Options
    jess3315jess3315 Posts: 26 Member
    It would be nice to have to ability to customize the length of the life states, especially after the addition of toddlers.