Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I have a toddler at last - John Tryit! His dad aged him up yesterday and he spent mopst of the rest of the day furious because Jason put him to bed when he was hungry (despite my having instructed dad to feed him, put him in the high chair, and feed him; dad just stopped teaching to walk -the first command- and read him a story in bed and ignored the feeding commands) and then the whole family left him in the highchair even though all three of them were told to put him to bed at various times. Obviously there's something I'm missing here. But, here's John:

01-16-17_10-34-15nbspPM.png

01-16-17_10-34-39nbspPM.png
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Update, so I changed my game preferences in Origin from 64-bit TO 34-bit. (Got this helpful hint from an article)
    It seemed to work a bit better. My Sim was seated in 1 and a half Sim hours.
    The waiter came by promptly. my Sim got his food in about 2 and a half Sim hours.
    Still a bit of lag. I'm wondering if adding the Lag-mod this time (with the 34-bit preference) my help even more.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I did watch a few LP's, which is something I never do. I have to say the toddlers look really cute and well fleshed out. I might even be tempted to give those little ankle biters a spin when I get some time. I have never played them before, but I have always appreciated their presence.
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited January 2017
    missmani09 wrote: »
    Update, so I changed my game preferences in Origin from 64-bit TO 34-bit. (Got this helpful hint from an article)
    It seemed to work a bit better. My Sim was seated in 1 and a half Sim hours.
    The waiter came by promptly. my Sim got his food in about 2 and a half Sim hours.
    Still a bit of lag. I'm wondering if adding the Lag-mod this time (with the 34-bit preference) my help even more.

It should not "hurt" as they say. We, meaning my room mate who is also a member here, and myself recently refurbished an aging desktop to much more recent hardware and 64-bit Windows but the game plays better set to 32-bit mode.

@Thrippa Those are fabulous and charming screen shots! As I have not been on this thread in quite some time, and only recently got 'round to posting, I rather suspect there are pages already written on the topic, but a brief and possibly silly query, if I may, do you have to age them up manually or does this "new" life stage properly dove-tail with those between which it has been inserted?

I have looked for a thread that I'll simply dub "Toddler Handbook".. Anything of that nature, with regards to game tots, of course, real ones are quite out of the question 0_0

I may be searching improperly, for I have found nothing as yet covering how best to handle the little tykes in game situations. My game has experienced quite an uptick in the baby population so if I get the patch to run before they age up, I suspect I will get quite an education when they graduate from those ghastly bassinets.

EDIT:
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I did watch a few LP's, which is something I never do. I have to say the toddlers look really cute and well fleshed out. I might even be tempted to give those little ankle biters a spin when I get some time. I have never played them before, but I have always appreciated their presence.

That's the word I was looking for, and I have used it before. Simply had brain gas, as they say!

Ankle-biters indeed!!!!!

Thankyou!!!!!!
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I played Sims 4 most of the weekend and yesterday. I did take a break and played Skyrim on my PS4, but I haven't been able to stop myself as the toddlers are so adorable.

Me too!!

I have my first toddler and I am beginning to wish I had not chosen the 'wild' trait. The little minx is currently very angry from being critically low on energy but she is also energised and steaking.... like, wut? Lololol she won't sleep because of being energised and I can't calm her down.

I'm having so much fun!! Weeeeeeee

--T

Heh, I was deciding between wild and fussy, and seeing my friend's pictures of her (constantly naked) fussy sim, I opted with fussy.

Baaaaad idea. She cries when she wakes up, she cries when she wants food, she cries when mama wants her to do anything. The only time she's not crying or screaming is when daddy is home. She was loud as a baby but... this is a whole new level! Do toddlers with the wild trait throw a lot of tantrums? Because if not, I'm really regretting not picking it.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 you could select "Lecture for Misbehaviour" for children and teens before toddlers came out. It's under the Mean category. I don't like to use it because it can sometimes severely damage the relationship between parent and child.

I had no clue! Well, then it is mislabeled because it isn't mean if it is for the well-being of the child. Kids should definitely get a negative buff for it, but it shouldn't overall be mean and cause their relationship score to go down like that. Anyhow...what exactly do kids and teens do that they should get reprimanded for anyway?

*scurries off to make a mod*

Sometimes when the child is being mischievous to their parents and it ends with the child embarrassed the parent has a negative symbol after the incident, I have the parent lecture the child or teen. It does a hit on the relationship but by the end of the day or next day, the relationship is much better. Almost to the full gauge. I like a little discord in my game. :)

I just wanted to say that The Sims 4 gained lots of new players after the toddler update, so they already got lots of revenue from those purchases. I remember getting on tumblr late the day of the toddler patch and saw a post about it. I was thinking someone was playing a joke that wasn't funny and it's too soon for April Fools day. I rolled my eyes as I scrolled down my dash and saw a post from a hard core Sims 3 player that hated Sims 4 and vowed never to buy it, showing the game loading on her computer. That was the moment I believed toddlers was added to Sims 4. :D

I have also seen 5 more Sims 3 players buying Sims 4 and letting us know on tumblr. It's was hilarious but I know EA got some moolah these past few days.

Ah...Yes, that's the kind of gameplay I like, too. I just never see the kids do anything bad. Do they announced the adults autonomously or is it player directed? I haven't played this game in ages so I'm still learning as I go.

I don't control everything, most times I watch the interactions until something needs my attention. I will notice the queue box, the little mischief symbol will show in the circle during conversation or I will see the child do that mischief finger pointing thing and the parent don't like it with a negative response, I will direct the parent to correct them with a lecture. They go back to talking after that and the relationship is better by bed time or the next day. I would laugh because when the monsters under the bed happen, she always wake up mom to save her. I like to think that the mom would say, "that's what you get for being a terror" as she walks to the room and spray away the monster.

I found pictures. This is the family.
    06-29-16_1-41-10nbspAM.png

This is when I learned about the interaction, I started using it.
    ScreenShot060.png

Shortly after that exchange, mom destroyed the little girl's dollhouse and they were fuming at each other the rest of the night. It was hilarious to me.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Kandy wrote: »
    I played Sims 4 most of the weekend and yesterday. I did take a break and played Skyrim on my PS4, but I haven't been able to stop myself as the toddlers are so adorable.

Me too!!

I have my first toddler and I am beginning to wish I had not chosen the 'wild' trait. The little minx is currently very angry from being critically low on energy but she is also energised and steaking.... like, wut? Lololol she won't sleep because of being energised and I can't calm her down.

I'm having so much fun!! Weeeeeeee

--T

Heh, I was deciding between wild and fussy, and seeing my friend's pictures of her (constantly naked) fussy sim, I opted with fussy.

Baaaaad idea. She cries when she wakes up, she cries when she wants food, she cries when mama wants her to do anything. The only time she's not crying or screaming is when daddy is home. She was loud as a baby but... this is a whole new level! Do toddlers with the wild trait throw a lot of tantrums? Because if not, I'm really regretting not picking it.

She's had three tantrums so far, one of them on her own in the high chair because she was hungry, ahem, hangry! Then another after she woke up angry and got scolded for it and then the third I made her throw just to see what would happen; she got told off again haha!!

She woke up engerised this sim morning without my noticing and I found her running around the upper floor stark naked. I had to laugh, she runs now and it's hilarious to watch. My toddler is a daddy's girl too, she gets sad when he goes to work but not for mum. Lol. And she follows him around watching him do stuff. It's cute. She has three days left but I've turned off aging so I can finish off maxing her skills.

I got so carried away just playing with her and watching her I barely did anything skill wise.

--T
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    So I ended up purchasing TS4 Dine Out via Origin. The lag is SO BAD when at a restaurant it's ridiculous. I played the game straight vanilla. My Sim arrived to a restaurant at 3:33pm. She got seated at about 5:30pm. She didn't get her food until 1:45AM. I am considering returning this GP and asking for a refund if I can't find a work-a-round. I also tried the Lag-Fix mod from modthesims. Didn't seem to help.

Any pointers? Or point me to a link to something helpful.

Also, I purchased CL off gamesdeal.com two days ago. Still waiting on my code via email. Sigh. Sent them an email about this so hopefully I hear back soon.

Sigh. However, I have found great joy in family play. :) The toddlers are so freggin cute.

There's a mod that speeds everything up. So your sims will get seated, fed, and back home much, much faster.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Ah ha! Thank you Sparkfairy and everyone who commented - and I am relieved it wasn't me or my joy. I was so sad thinking I had derailed things just being happy finally and even more stressed I thought I had made Sparky annoyed . It was not my intention as I prefer to share joy when I can. Lord knows this world could use more joy! So anyway want to apologize for any angst I may have caused or derailment this post may cause - but had to apologize as well as thank everyone for explaining. Hugz all around. Now off to my game. Playing early today - do not normally play during the day -so have the chance and I'm taking it. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Park Welcome back :smile:

@Thrippa and @blewis823 Nice pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    So I ended up purchasing TS4 Dine Out via Origin. The lag is SO BAD when at a restaurant it's ridiculous. I played the game straight vanilla. My Sim arrived to a restaurant at 3:33pm. She got seated at about 5:30pm. She didn't get her food until 1:45AM. I am considering returning this GP and asking for a refund if I can't find a work-a-round. I also tried the Lag-Fix mod from modthesims. Didn't seem to help.

Also, I purchased CL off gamesdeal.com two days ago. Still waiting on my code via email. Sigh. Sent them an email about this so hopefully I hear back soon.

Sigh. However, I have found great joy in family play. :) The toddlers are so freggin cute.

I would suggest the time changer mod. I have always found the clock difficult to deal with in all the Sims games. Here is the link to the one I use: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=533026

MC Commander is also very popular and it has a time feature as well. In addition, if it is taking too long to get food use the table to cancel and start over. Sometimes for story telling purposes when I want my sims to dine out, but not have to wait I add a buffet table to the restaurant and let them grab something from there.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ah, look at this:
    01-17-17_8-02-29%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

My fave family (the Bjergsens) now have a third daughter. She's so cute! All those blonde heads around the table. Poor Bjorn, surrounded by females :p
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2017
    @sparkfairy1 I see your thread moved :) Threw me off finding it in Gen discussions. A friend asked me where your thread was. Ill let them know it moved. @Dekay

Now that you have toddlers. Time to make Rimmer :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZiI3iVgpM
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Red Dwarf is AWESOME! Now back to your regularly scheduled toddlers. :)<3
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    So my first toddler is now a child. I gave her the wizz kid aspiration and because she was so wild and angry, the hot headed trait haha! They both seemed fitting (her mum has the genius trait). Took me a while to max her skills, I had to turn aging off for a bit. I was tempted to let them have a little brother for her but the pregnancy test was negitive. I'm taking this as a sign. I'm worried now they'll have twins or something! Lol!!

--T
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Tremayne4260 Yea another Red Dwarf Fan!!!! Mini Arnold would make the best toddler :p
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    sparkfairy1 I see your thread moved :) Threw me off finding it in Gen discussions. A friend asked me where your thread was. Ill let them know it moved. Dekay
    [...]

Thank you. I will definitely peep into this thread now and then to read everyone's stories and their experiences with the toddlers! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    "And the toddler felt something he had never felt before, as he watched the lights pass around him. Something which made his heart leap in his tiny chest and his eyes grow wide. He felt wonder."

32270009536_cb1c7b9b2c_b.jpg

"I want to go see the birdies!

31489663174_7b843437fa_b.jpg

"AGH!"

31489659704_39f1e2db61_b.jpg

"I want to catch them!"

32334139666_fffa49b243_b.jpg

"Look, I catched them!"

32334152256_4c7bf91af3_b.jpg
    Aww that is adorable my sims toddler went no where on the family vacation LOL

Post edited by pepperjax1230 on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    So my first toddler is now a child. I gave her the wizz kid aspiration and because she was so wild and angry, the hot headed trait haha! They both seemed fitting (her mum has the genius trait). Took me a while to max her skills, I had to turn aging off for a bit. I was tempted to let them have a little brother for her but the pregnancy test was negitive. I'm taking this as a sign. I'm worried now they'll have twins or something! Lol!!

--T

So happy to hear you are enjoying your game !
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Thank you. :kissing_heart: Everyone else has great pictures.

@elanorbreton Her hair is so cute!
    @king_of_simcity7 Get them on Jeremy Kyle.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Obviously the problem has to be your computer for Dine Out. Never heard of this problem before.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top