Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    My complaint? I don't want to go to work. I want to play instead. :p
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    My sweet little family.
    Pregnant with Jarred, then mommy and son having fun playing together. Jarred is angry at daddy because he wont hurry up and put him to bed.
    01_14_17_8_57_30_PM.png
    01_16_17_9_40_15_PM.png
    01_16_17_11_42_07_PM.png

Pregnant with the twins Natalie and Naomi, and both of them chatting and hugging.
    01_16_17_1_26_10_PM.png
    01_16_17_11_38_29_PM.png
    01_16_17_11_39_18_PM.png

Now I just need a nice family pic with everyone together....

You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    Did you honestly think we were going to turn around and sympathise?
    Some people did sympathize. You don't speak for "we."

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself though.

If you do not class yourself in that 'we' then I'm obviously only speaking for those that do.

--T
    You're picking a fight with someone who said they're happy that people got toddlers.

I'm going to leave it at that and let this thread be.

Whatever - you're not me so don't assume to know *what* I'm doing. The dude was in here moaning about toddlers so I commented and snorted. I hardly call that 'picking a fight' but you seem to know me better than I know myself.

Trust me, you'd know if I was picking a fight. I'm not going to sit here and say sorry to somebody because they dislike something and who *was* trying to pick a fight.

--T

I got your point To7m and I tend to agree. There really is little point to coming into a thread like this and stating that you wish toddlers had never come. That rather contradicts saying that you are happy for those that want them. It can't be both ways.

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    my compliant is... I want younger teens. I just can't play until I get them. Also I would love for them to make toddlers compatible with the previous packs. I guess I'm still no satisfied guys. Although, I haven't played with toddlers yet. I want to, but I have no clue which Sim to make as the game is still limited when it comes to creating the Sim I really want.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    My sweet little family.

01_16_17_9_40_15_PM.png

That looks very uncomfortable for the mother. lol

Cute pics! :blush:

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Let's not have to and fro arguments in here please. We don't do that in this thread, thank you :)

Please remember that the thread only gets derailed if you engage and allow these to and fro arguments to gain traction.

Much better to try to enjoy yourself in the company of others by sharing your stories, feedback and experiences :) I don't want to see your day affected by disagreements here. There is enough of that elsewhere :)

Ummm I made a comment of my utter joy and was not aware I was responding to anything. Sorry I will not post in this thread any more. I am sorry I am finally happy with the Sims 4.

Cannot understand how my face hurts from smiling is an argument. But never mind I won't come back and comment again. I will keep my joy to myself then.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    I've finally tried the new toddlers and ooh they are amazing!!! So very cute! I'm honestly not even a huge fan of kids (I do love family play in Sims though) these little ones have absolutely stolen my heart with their cuteness! :blush:

Sadly though they outshine every other life stage now, haha. I really hope we get one or more family friendly packs that focus more on the kids, and especially on teens and elders. I'd love to get the rocking chair back, as well as some rebellious teens and so much more stuff. Also #freethebabies!!!!

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Let's not have to and fro arguments in here please. We don't do that in this thread, thank you :)

Please remember that the thread only gets derailed if you engage and allow these to and fro arguments to gain traction.

Much better to try to enjoy yourself in the company of others by sharing your stories, feedback and experiences :) I don't want to see your day affected by disagreements here. There is enough of that elsewhere :)

Ummm I made a comment of my utter joy and was not aware I was responding to anything. Sorry I will not post in this thread any more. I am sorry I am finally happy with the Sims 4.

Cannot understand how my face hurts from smiling is an argument. But never mind I won't come back and comment again. I will keep my joy to myself then.

She was referring to someone else from earlier in the thread.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Indeed @Writin_Reg it wasn't about you :) my face hurts too from smiling about tods and vamps lol. No harm in warning people that you may be suffering from resting clown face syndrome. The tods are just that amazing :D
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Shame, this thread seems to be going downhill since it got moved to GD...

Now, peeps, lets all just have a big hug ;)
    017.png?dl=0
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

Spark was not talking to you Writin_Reg. She was talking about a small disagreement between To7m and Pepperjack, and others including me. Of course you should post in this thread. I know how much toddlers meant to you and I am very happy to see you happy.

• DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    My tips is that if someone is annoying you, or can't be reasoned with just block them :) then you don't need to read theire posts and get irritated. And although I agree it is a bit weird for someone who doesn't like toddlers to com to this thread and say so, at least he wasn't rude or anything. Toddlers aren't for everyone and that's pretty much how it's always been, and that's okey.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

In all fairness, I think sparks was talking to me lol. And I agree, pepperjax comment annoyed me and I posted a couple of snappy comments at someone who probably didn't deserve it but this isn't the thread for it.

It's nice to see you so joyful @Writin_Reg. I know how much you've been waiting for toddlers!

--T
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 you could select "Lecture for Misbehaviour" for children and teens before toddlers came out. It's under the Mean category. I don't like to use it because it can sometimes severely damage the relationship between parent and child.

I had no clue! Well, then it is mislabeled because it isn't mean if it is for the well-being of the child. Kids should definitely get a negative buff for it, but it shouldn't overall be mean and cause their relationship score to go down like that. Anyhow...what exactly do kids and teens do that they should get reprimanded for anyway?

*scurries off to make a mod*

Sometimes when the child is being mischievous to their parents and it ends with the child embarrassed the parent has a negative symbol after the incident, I have the parent lecture the child or teen. It does a hit on the relationship but by the end of the day or next day, the relationship is much better. Almost to the full gauge. I like a little discord in my game. :)

I just wanted to say that The Sims 4 gained lots of new players after the toddler update, so they already got lots of revenue from those purchases. I remember getting on tumblr late the day of the toddler patch and saw a post about it. I was thinking someone was playing a joke that wasn't funny and it's too soon for April Fools day. I rolled my eyes as I scrolled down my dash and saw a post from a hard core Sims 3 player that hated Sims 4 and vowed never to buy it, showing the game loading on her computer. That was the moment I believed toddlers was added to Sims 4. :D

I have also seen 5 more Sims 3 players buying Sims 4 and letting us know on tumblr. It's was hilarious but I know EA got some moolah these past few days.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 you could select "Lecture for Misbehaviour" for children and teens before toddlers came out. It's under the Mean category. I don't like to use it because it can sometimes severely damage the relationship between parent and child.

I had no clue! Well, then it is mislabeled because it isn't mean if it is for the well-being of the child. Kids should definitely get a negative buff for it, but it shouldn't overall be mean and cause their relationship score to go down like that. Anyhow...what exactly do kids and teens do that they should get reprimanded for anyway?

Sometimes when the child is being mischievous to their parents and it ends with the child embarrassed the parent has a negative symbol after the incident, I have the parent lecture the child or teen. It does a hit on the relationship but by the end of the day or next day, the relationship is much better. Almost to the full gauge. I like a little discord in my game. :)

I just wanted to say that The Sims 4 gained lots of new players after the toddler update, so they already got lots of revenue from those purchases. I remember getting on tumblr late the day of the toddler patch and saw a post about it. I was thinking someone was playing a joke that wasn't funny and it's too soon for April Fools day. I rolled my eyes as I scrolled down my dash and saw a post from a hard core Sims 3 player that hated Sims 4 and vowed never to buy it, showing the game loading on her computer. That was the moment I believed toddlers was added to Sims 4. :D

I have also seen 5 more Sims 3 players buying Sims 4 and letting us know on tumblr. It's was hilarious but I know EA got some moolah these past few days.

I just hope they have a sale soon, so I can buy the missing eps and stuff packs. They increased the price for sims dramatically the past year in my country. So there's no way I'm paying full price.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I played Sims 4 most of the weekend and yesterday. I did take a break and played Skyrim on my PS4, but I haven't been able to stop myself as the toddlers are so adorable.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I played Sims 4 most of the weekend and yesterday. I did take a break and played Skyrim on my PS4, but I haven't been able to stop myself as the toddlers are so adorable.

Me too!!

I have my first toddler and I am beginning to wish I had not chosen the 'wild' trait. The little minx is currently very angry from being critically low on energy but she is also energised and steaking.... like, wut? Lololol she won't sleep because of being energised and I can't calm her down.

I'm having so much fun!! Weeeeeeee

--T
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »

Ah...Yes, that's the kind of gameplay I like, too. I just never see the kids do anything bad. Do they announced the adults autonomously or is it player directed? I haven't played this game in ages so I'm still learning as I go.

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Toddler streaking, zomg how cute! I love little details like that.
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    edited January 2017
    So I ended up purchasing TS4 Dine Out via Origin. The lag is SO BAD when at a restaurant it's ridiculous. I played the game straight vanilla. My Sim arrived to a restaurant at 3:33pm. She got seated at about 5:30pm. She didn't get her food until 1:45AM. I am considering returning this GP and asking for a refund if I can't find a work-a-round. I also tried the Lag-Fix mod from modthesims. Didn't seem to help.

Any pointers? Or point me to a link to something helpful.

Also, I purchased CL off gamesdeal.com two days ago. Still waiting on my code via email. Sigh. Sent them an email about this so hopefully I hear back soon.

Sigh. However, I have found great joy in family play. :) The toddlers are so freggin cute.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    So I ended up purchasing TS4 Dine Out via Origin. The lag is SO BAD when at a restaurant it's ridiculous. I played the game straight vanilla. My Sim arrived to a restaurant at 3:33pm. She got seated at about 5:30pm. She didn't get her food until 1:45AM. I am considering returning this GP and asking for a refund if I can't find a work-a-round. I also tried the Lag-Fix mod from modthesims. Didn't seem to help.

Also, I purchased CL off gamesdeal.com two days ago. Still waiting on my code via email. Sigh. Sent them an email about this so hopefully I hear back soon.

Sigh. However, I have found great joy in family play. :) The toddlers are so freggin cute.

Had I gone to a restaurant and waited that long for food then I would have walked out after 45 minutes ;)

Do Sims not complain about waiting so long for food?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »

Only thing I can say is that I bought these packs also to celebrate toddlers arriving and they work well for me, both the code shipping and the game perfomance.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Swjosdotschka2Swjosdotschka2 Posts: 110 Member
    Believe it or not, I just heard of toddlers in Sims 4 yesterday evening. Holy cow oO How could that have happened?

I am beyond surprised that we got them for free and fleshed out. Just have played a few minutes yet (meh, work...), but I already smiled a lot.

The bad thing is, after two years not starting the game (it wasn't even installed) I have trouble learning the basic things. :D
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    Well, hullo to all once again, to those who might remember me, that is. I have posted sparingly in here, mostly to support the requests for answers to the now-solved toddler and family play riddle ;) and now I felt I should return to express my joy that finally they delivered the missing content.

@sparkfairy1 I don't know when they moved this to General Discussion, I have been away quite some time between posts, but whether it helps or not I shall pen a request to Guru Drake that they consider moving this back to feedback, as this thread is certainly is a better fit with Feedback than general chatter. Truth be told I had to perform a Search just to find this thread once again! I do know that such requests see limited results, but I have seen in the past where a request of this nature was granted.

As for the patch, I have yet to allow it to run. I happen to use modifications and those who write them need time to repair their work. But even though I am not much of a "small-child enthusiast" I am more than a bit curious to see the added dimension they bring to the game experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top