Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I adore the fussy tots, the ability to throw a fit on demand is just simply awesome! it has both his parents scrambling to calm him down and then he yells at them... the lecture him on his misbehavior and then he is gleeful that he got all this attention! :love:

Next family I am going to play have triplet nooboos right now... I can see them having 3 fussy toddlers mwhaahaha!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is my honest opinion about toddlers but I would like to say first that I am happy for everyone that wanted toddler that they have them. For me toddlers at least in TS4 so far has been not my favorite even though I find them adorable. I have already had terrible experince with them that I rather not have them. They are annoying to me and a big huge pain since they are getting into way more stuff then they did in TS3. I wish that they hadn't come back but that is just me. I was use to not havong them for so long this is just way to much to handle.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    Aww, sorry to hear that @pepperjax1230 least you can use the cake and age them straight up to children. I actually find that on full autonomy the parents look after the toddlers very well and hardly need any direction from me. The only reason I micro-manage is because I want them to skill all skills to Level 5 before their birthday happens.

Have you seen Carl's guide? It's very good.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/parenting/toddlers.php
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This is my honest opinion about toddlers but I would like to say first that I am happy for everyone that wanted toddler that they have them. For me toddlers at least in TS4 so far has been not my favorite even though I find them adorable. I have already had terrible experience with them that I rather not have them. They are annoying to me and a big huge pain since they are getting into way more stuff then they did in TS3. I wish that they hadn't come back but that is just me. I was use to not having them for so long this is just way to much to handle.

:'(:'(:'( I'm having so much fun with them. As you know, they are right on point in just about everything they do. It's hard some days, but I wouldn't trade the 'hard part' for easy. :D
    I know you love them Cine and I am glad but me I have been playing without them for 2 years and its overwhelming to try to adjust to them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    This is my honest opinion about toddlers but I would like to say first that I am happy for everyone that wanted toddler that they have them. For me toddlers at least in TS4 so far has been not my favorite even though I find them adorable. I have already had terrible experience with them that I rather not have them. They are annoying to me and a big huge pain since they are getting into way more stuff then they did in TS3. I wish that they hadn't come back but that is just me. I was use to not having them for so long this is just way to much to handle.

:'(:'(:'( I'm having so much fun with them. As you know, they are right on point in just about everything they do. It's hard some days, but I wouldn't trade the 'hard part' for easy. :D
    I know you love them Cine and I am glad but me I have been playing without them for 2 years and its overwhelming to try to adjust to them.
    FWIW (you may already be doing this) I recommend sticking to only 1, if you're feeling overwhelmed by them. You could also hire a nanny and butler, to take some load off your own sims.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I took my family to a gym I created. I selected the group swim here together option...little tot got the edge of the pool. I swear, I was so excited I thought he was going to jump in! He stopped and waived his hands. :(

I wish the baby could jump in with a teen or older and learn to swim. Ooooh...toddler swim classes anyone? While mom is doing Yoga and dad is lifting, tot is learning to swim!
    This is something I have wanted for a long, long time. Throughout ts3 I wished for the ability to take toddlers into pools with little water wings on. We got the water wings eventually and the ability for a parent to go dip them in the edge of the sea but that didn't really meet what I hoped for.

I had a good long play this evening, my first long play since the patch. It was in my orphanage, I started off with only 3 orphans with the caretaker (who hates kids) and plan to add more kids as I go along. I have a teen, who is responsible for everything while the caretaker goes off to the bar etc, then one child and one wild toddler. Boy, was it hard work! My poor teen doesn't get a moment to herself and is tired, hungry, dirty and deprived of fun. It's great lol.

There are another 3 kids and one toddler to add to the mix eventually, so me and my teen will have our hands full. But at last there is a bit of difficulty, instead of happy, happy, easy peasy.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is my honest opinion about toddlers but I would like to say first that I am happy for everyone that wanted toddler that they have them. For me toddlers at least in TS4 so far has been not my favorite even though I find them adorable. I have already had terrible experince with them that I rather not have them. They are annoying to me and a big huge pain since they are getting into way more stuff then they did in TS3. I wish that they hadn't come back but that is just me. I was use to not havong them for so long this is just way to much to handle.

Feel better now? Did you get your kicks out of telling us all you don't like toddler and would rather they not be there? Like you've done on every. single. pro toddler thread!? Did you honestly think we were going to turn around and sympathise?

/snort

I, on the other hand, am in absolute heaven! I have my first toddler, Molly. She has the wild trait, and is constantly angry from the minute she grew up. Literally, she aged up and got the angry emotion. She threw a tantrum and her mother told her off /chuckle! She is a real daddies girl, and he adores her. He came home from work sad (writers problems) and straight away went and took her from the high chair and started to play, cheering himself up.

I have to say one thing, the updates must be doing something because this plays much better than I remember from when I last played at GTW's launch.

--T

ETA: Molly with an ie is censored!? Lol
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    Did you honestly think we were going to turn around and sympathise?
    Some people did sympathize. You don't speak for "we."

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself though.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member

Don't procreate. The real ones are worse.
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »

If you do not class yourself in that 'we' then I'm obviously only speaking for those that do.

--T
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hope everyone is enjoying their games. :)
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    @To7m you're doing it again, arguing in this thread when fairy doesn't want any drama here. I didn't like those comments either but be respectful. I'll edit this comment.

I'm sorry, was I talking to you? I didn't think so.

Stating my opinion and answering a reply is hardly wha I would call arguing. And didn't I tell you before about talking to me? As in; don't!

Thanks.

--T
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017

There's no shame in Aging them up quickly using cake or the CAS cheat. I've had to get rid a tot because he was too much to handle, lol.

If you are determined to work with the tots, then try to have only one, and make the trait either Angelic or Independent. Just teach them to potty train and give them baths, and the tots will learn the rest of their skills on their own using toys/tablets and walking around the house. They can pick food off the counter and then eat the food while sitting on a sofa or sitting on their beds.

There is also a Motives cheat if their needs are too low and you want to temporarily raise them up.

(If one sim tot is too much for you, then imagine me working with 6-7 of them, lol! :lol: And I don't mean in just the sims games, either! I actually work in daycare and PreK with real small children and tots in real life as well....)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

If you do not class yourself in that 'we' then I'm obviously only speaking for those that do.

--T
    You're picking a fight with someone who said they're happy that people got toddlers.

I'm going to leave it at that and let this thread be.
  • Options

--T
    You're picking a fight with someone who said they're happy that people got toddlers.

I'm going to leave it at that and let this thread be.

Whatever - you're not me so don't assume to know *what* I'm doing. The dude was in here moaning about toddlers so I commented and snorted. I hardly call that 'picking a fight' but you seem to know me better than I know myself.

Trust me, you'd know if I was picking a fight. I'm not going to sit here and say sorry to somebody because they dislike something and who *was* trying to pick a fight.

--T
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

I'm so sorry that you feel that way. Is there something specific that makes you feel this way about them? Ignore the person giving you grief about your feelings towards it. People just need to remember that they don't get to choose how you feel about something.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    So happy that @SimGuruDrake clarified that this thread will remain open, as it has always been about more than toddlers. Glad to hear many stories of simmers enjoying their tots. They do show what maxis can deliver and I look forward to future family play content.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi! I am really enjoying my game, I wish everything in the game would be done with toddlers quality.

Some pics from my at last happy family game

15-01-2017_2-38-26_zpsqmxgcc0c.png

935da99e-7d09-4505-b444-267d88f127a5_zpsanzminlv.png

0b7a7ee2-a882-4899-b523-fffc1775403c_zpsbzrteuml.png

310fa012-b554-4261-a9fa-cd15734d5298_zps65w9w0lh.png

6ff346c4-b93f-407b-b3fc-96bbf7e8483e_zps2yeynckq.png

e56b66dc-dbfb-477b-8a1d-e12cb81d51d8_zpsxxraqghe.png

d26243fb-84e7-4a61-97f5-b7a9ee544ce6_zpsebtbdebm.png

0148be59-1d6c-4c5f-b758-52e02674a72f_zpstzkgxzvc.png

a830ae86-b643-4b3b-9841-f77f3ee1b51b_zpsti67wrhc.png

15-01-2017_22-51-17_zps0okgml4t.png

17-01-2017_0-34-20_zpsflla8oo9.png

17-01-2017_0-32-47_zpstgulw51n.png

Hope you ike them, Happy Simming
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Do you guys think we will see younger teens instead of YAs?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Feel better now? Did you get your kicks out of telling us all you don't like toddler and would rather they not be there? Like you've done on every. single. pro toddler thread!? Did you honestly think we were going to turn around and sympathise?

/snort

I, on the other hand, am in absolute heaven! I have my first toddler, Molly. She has the wild trait, and is constantly angry from the minute she grew up. Literally, she aged up and got the angry emotion. She threw a tantrum and her mother told her off /chuckle! She is a real daddies girl, and he adores her. He came home from work sad (writers problems) and straight away went and took her from the high chair and started to play, cheering himself up.

I have to say one thing, the updates must be doing something because this plays much better than I remember from when I last played at GTW's launch.

--T

ETA: Molly with an ie is censored!? Lol

I gave my opinion I was respectful to the rest of you and said I was happy for you because you got toddlers what you wanted. I never came on here and bashed toddler even though I dislike them.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I can understand how some people might not like toddlers. I only have one, and although she's really cute, she's a lot of work. Before she gained skill levels, she used to wake up sad from nightmares every night, and then she'd wake either one or both of her parents by crying loudly! She also likes to throw tantrums a bit too :).

That said, I enjoy s4 toddlers way more than s3, and, while I'm not a fan of s3 generations, I'd love a daycare game/expansion pack for s4, with lots of new toddler content (though there are other packs I'd like to see before it).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top