Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Attacked by bats/pregnancy

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Obscurus wrote: »
    *wipes tears of mirth off one's face*

Came for title, stayed for Greek and Norse mythology. :D

Yay!! me too!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Shampuru wrote: »
    On the subject of strange pregnancies, and staying with Norse mythology, Loki's father Fárbauti, got Loki's mother Laufey pregnant by firing a lightning bolt at her.

Now I'm picturing some kind of elemental being added in seasons. Your sims conceive them when struck by lightning. :D

Eh, weirder things have happened. For example, I once defied gravity and fell up a flight of stairs. (I didn't get pregnant from it though.)
    Shoot man. Last time I defied gravity, it just scolded me and sent me to bed early. :(
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2017
    First vampires, then toddlers, and now cross-species woohoo! o:):#
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Shampuru wrote: »
    On the subject of strange pregnancies, and staying with Norse mythology, Loki's father Fárbauti, got Loki's mother Laufey pregnant by firing a lightning bolt at her.

Now I'm picturing some kind of elemental being added in seasons. Your sims conceive them when struck by lightning. :D

Eh, weirder things have happened. For example, I once defied gravity and fell up a flight of stairs. (I didn't get pregnant from it though.)
    Shoot man. Last time I defied gravity, it just scolded me and sent me to bed early. :(

HAHAHAHA!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I thought that they meant when two bats ( a boy bay and a girl bat) woohoo, the result is a vampire baby.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2017
    Okay that's cool and I love that we can possibly attack other sims as bats, but a sim getting pregnant through it kinda breaks my brain :lol:

Btw these comments are hilarious :lol:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    Maybe the sim already has to be pregnant, and the bat attack just changes the baby?

Think Blade - Pregnant mum got bitten by vamp, baby was born half-vamp.

Or this might be related to the "On a Dark Ley Line" lot trait. Conceiving vampire babies on those lots. Maybe you have a chance to be bitten by a vampire bat when you "Try for baby" there?

If this is the case, then you give your consent by having your sims try there.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Maybe the sim already has to be pregnant, and the bat attack just changes the baby?

Think Blade - Pregnant mum got bitten by vamp, baby was born half-vamp.

Or this might be related to the "On a Dark Ley Line" lot trait. Conceiving vampire babies on those lots. Maybe you have a chance to be bitten by a vampire bat when you "Try for baby" there?

If this is the case, then you give your consent by having your sims try there.

Ok. This idea I like. Impregnating vampire attacks? Not sure *how* I feel about that. Not really something I ever though about lol.

--T
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    This is why we need Police NPCs back...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    This is why we need Police NPCs back...
    Good luck to cops trying to catch bats :D That should be fun to watch !
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I think that it was referring to the bat woohoo option... but didn't necessarily mean unwanted. ;) they did mention that vampirism wouldn't spread without players intending it (without nods), so I don't think it will work like the alien abductions.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    JRBear wrote: »
    I think that it was referring to the bat woohoo option... but didn't necessarily mean unwanted. ;) they did mention that vampirism wouldn't spread without players intending it (without nods), so I don't think it will work like the alien abductions.

But is being prregANANT with a vampire baby ?Really spreading vampirism
  • Options
    pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    Maybe it means that a bat bites a pregnant sim and spreads the vampire dna to the baby making them half vampire
  • Options
    ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    Now I'm worried that my sim is just gonna be attacked and impregnated by random npc bats.... Omg on top of that most npcs look like hotdogs with scooby-doo heads, that poor poor child
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Maybe bats are premades shown in trailers ?
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    PapayaSky wrote: »
    None of this means I like love this game any less, or that I'm not completely excited for the vampire game pack. Woosah and a glass of wine, guys.

@PrincessVee That it's a game is quite clear, thank you, but it's offensive to me. While I wasn't talking about them, the alien abductions are just as well.

@Candyd I think you may have missed the point of my objection... I'm not talking about anything but what I'm talking about. Just stating my opinion of the OP to the OP. That's allowed, right? Right.

@kwanzaabot My knowledge of vampire lore isn't perfect, but aren't they self aware as bats? I didn't know bat instincts came with the transformation. Thanks for letting me know, I guess?

You're operating under the assumption that either:
    a) these are just random vampires that go around impregnating people, or
    b) that there's a "Impregnate Sim against will" interaction.

Either they're just regular ol' bats that swoop in and bite Sims after some kind of critical failure, in which case, no these bats aren't self-aware, because they're bats, or it's a new "Try for Baby" option, which is always going to be consensual.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I'm kinda relieved this wasn't true! :)
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm kinda relieved this wasn't true! :)

Yeah, me too. Otherwise I would've had to turn it off with a mod because it could destroy any kind of storytelling I might want to have.
  • Options
    PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    PapayaSky wrote: »
    None of this means I like love this game any less, or that I'm not completely excited for the vampire game pack. Woosah and a glass of wine, guys.

@PrincessVee That it's a game is quite clear, thank you, but it's offensive to me. While I wasn't talking about them, the alien abductions are just as well.

@Candyd I think you may have missed the point of my objection... I'm not talking about anything but what I'm talking about. Just stating my opinion of the OP to the OP. That's allowed, right? Right.

@kwanzaabot My knowledge of vampire lore isn't perfect, but aren't they self aware as bats? I didn't know bat instincts came with the transformation. Thanks for letting me know, I guess?

You're operating under the assumption that either:
    a) these are just random vampires that go around impregnating people, or
    b) that there's a "Impregnate Sim against will" interaction.

Either they're just regular ol' bats that swoop in and bite Sims after some kind of critical failure, in which case, no these bats aren't self-aware, because they're bats, or it's a new "Try for Baby" option, which is always going to be consensual.

Ya, I did assume that... because that's what the rumor, scant as it was, SAID. I don't agree with your assessment ^^. "Either way", moot point. Thank goodness, now we can all have a seat.

• Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    It's bad enough being 🐸🐸🐸🐸 by aliens; I don't want to be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 by bats too.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Loudon_Wainwright will you please stop being so negatives about vampires this will be a welcome feature for players that do story and my advice to you before saying you do not like vampires you should try them me i have change my mind and with the more info i see the more intressting it will be
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

No comment, :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

You might get battered by rapes.

(Battered, as in covered in batter. Rapes, as in turnips/carrots)
    It makes things much more interesting.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif