Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do when your neighbour complains about noise?

Is it just an action they do or does the tv have to be turned off or the stereo at a certain time?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Apologize normally but if my neighbor does the same thing then I blast it as loud as possible.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    :D no I meant what do you do that causes them to come over and complain
    sry, english is my second language
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Playing the guitar late at night, DJ-mixing, playing the stereo on loud late at night. That's all I can think of right now.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I'm a big fan of having my sims sing in the shower at late hours. Even better if their singing skill is poor and they are unfriendly with their neighbors.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
    ah I had my stereo on loud, maybe that was the reason.

Does singing really make them complain aswell?
  • XenomorphicAlixXenomorphicAlix Posts: 14 New Member
    Literally just walking around my apartment after 8 triggers someone to come over and act salty so honestly I have no idea what to specifically do.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    edited January 2017
    My sim child gets up to start getting ready for school at 5:30am. All she was doing was having a shower before breakfast :| So someone pounds on the door. The Bheeda family don't really like my family!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Literally just walking around my apartment after 8 triggers someone to come over and act salty so honestly I have no idea what to specifically do.

Same here.. The neighbors woke up my toddler after I struggled to get her to bed.. Literally 5 seconds later as soon as i re entered my apartment they banged on MY door and had the nerve to tell ME to keep it down. I wasn't playing music or doing ANYTHING, I just walked into my apartment.

Jerk neighbors :/
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Singing and playing an instrument tend to make it happen, I think. Especially if it's in the room closest to the hall. Or... right out in the hall. :tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • WatcherXXWatcherXX Posts: 356 Member
    Every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. I was singing in the shower upstairs and this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 came banging on my door telling me she can hear me though the walls.. I was like ..🐸🐸🐸🐸.. :D
    kellza wrote: »
    My sim child gets up to start getting ready for school at 5:30am. All she was doing was having a shower before breakfast :| So someone pounds on the door. The Bheeda family don't really like my family!

they're my neighbours too :smiley:
  • XenomorphicAlixXenomorphicAlix Posts: 14 New Member

Same here.. The neighbors woke up my toddler after I struggled to get her to bed.. Literally 5 seconds later as soon as i re entered my apartment they banged on MY door and had the nerve to tell ME to keep it down. I wasn't playing music or doing ANYTHING, I just walked into my apartment.

What's amazing is it happens EVERY day. I know in Sims 2 the neighbors would complain if you were loud and it never happened, I never even heard them. Now it's like every ten minutes someone is complaining about something or making a huge amount of noise the SECOND my toddler goes to bed. I like apartments but I also hate them for that reason.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I think the "complaining" time zones are anywhere from 11 PM-6 AM. It also seems to help if your sim(s) are friends with the neighbors, or at least mildly in the green. You could also try moving your sim(s) into an apartment with the quiet lot trait.

But to answer your question: if they complain, I delete. >:) You don't insult my level 10 singer's singing without paying a price.
    klestrella wrote: »
    I think the "complaining" time zones are anywhere from 11 PM-6 AM. It also seems to help if your sim(s) are friends with the neighbors, or at least mildly in the green. You could also try moving your sim(s) into an apartment with the quiet lot trait.

But to answer your question: if they complain, I delete. >:) You don't insult my level 10 singer's singing without paying a price.
    lol, that reminds me though... when the neighbour comes complaining but you don't answer the door they say they won't forget it, implying they'll get back to me, does anything actually happen?

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

lol, that reminds me though... when the neighbour comes complaining but you don't answer the door they say they won't forget it, implying they'll get back to me, does anything actually happen?

I don't know. Maybe it means they'll start making noise to annoy your sim or they'll complain to the landlord-> poor relationship= less chance for repairs, pest control, etc.? If I had to guess, it's probably just an empty threat. Hopefully someone else around here knows the answer because it would be great to know! :)

edited January 2017

It's possible they are more likely to make noise, as @klestrella indicated. Or less likely to apologize when you complain.

Apart from speculating in that direction, I'm pretty sure it's an empty threat. They say they will remember it and then the next night that I disturb them in my neighbor war and ignore their complaints, they say the same thing. Tad disappointing, tbh, but I guess the devs either didn't have time to flesh out consequences, or decided it would be too disruptive to peoples' stories/choices.
    Triplis wrote: »

It's possible they are more likely to make noise, as @klestrella indicated. Or less likely to apologize when you complain.

Apart from speculating in that direction, I'm pretty sure it's an empty threat. They say they will remember it and then the next night that I disturb them in my neighbor war and ignore their complaints, they say the same thing. Tad disappointing, tbh, but I guess the devs either didn't have time to flesh out consequences, or decided it would be too disruptive to peoples' stories/choices.

hm alright. The first time it happened I kinda took it to heart when the neighbour said my sims were inconsiderate and terrible sims :D (or whatever the exact wording was). I felt so bad cause I love my sims, they're the best :smiley:

hm alright. The first time it happened I kinda took it to heart when the neighbour said my sims were inconsiderate and terrible sims :D (or whatever the exact wording was). I felt so bad cause I love my sims, they're the best :smiley:
    Hehe, sounds like the game did what it was intending to do if you were that into it. At least, the first time anyway. :tongue:

I get into a bit differently. My thing is I want to stop them from making noise, so I'll try to beat them to the punch and make noise first, so that they come out and complain to me. XD
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

What's amazing is it happens EVERY day. I know in Sims 2 the neighbors would complain if you were loud and it never happened, I never even heard them. Now it's like every ten minutes someone is complaining about something or making a huge amount of noise the SECOND my toddler goes to bed. I like apartments but I also hate them for that reason.

The thing is, in TS2 you could avoid the loud noise by adding a buffer room between 2 apartments. I usually left/leave a 1-tile space and use it for closets/walk in wardrobes.
  • McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member

I ignored my neighbour the other day who I hadn't even been introduced to yet (I deleted the last neighbours who complained) and when I looked at it later, their relationship level was a quarter red. All he did was ignore her and lock the door so she didn't walk in :joy:
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle

Hehe, sounds like the game did what it was intending to do if you were that into it. At least, the first time anyway. :tongue:

I get into a bit differently. My thing is I want to stop them from making noise, so I'll try to beat them to the punch and make noise first, so that they come out and complain to me. XD

yeah looks like it. I hate torturing sims and want everyone to be friends. :)

But that's a good idea. When nothing comes out of their threats, that is.
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Singing and playing an instrument tend to make it happen, I think. Especially if it's in the room closest to the hall. Or... right out in the hall. :tongue:

Oh wow... This just gave me a great idea for my future vampires to order erm... food for delivery! Pipe Organ at 2AM anyone? >:)
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Guess with vampire expansion pack when it arrive you just say "Welcome...Please do come inside" with hungry eyes :)
  • leahbeeleahbee Posts: 50 Member
    My baby used to cry. A lot. My neighbours hated me and I swear they played loud music to spite me. :D
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Literally most of these comments are why I don't want to move out one of my Sims. He is the adopted-brother of my main sim and they moved into the city with her boyfriend. It's not that I feel like he is a third wheel or anything, they are all friends and love living together, but I just would like him to eventually move out and have his own adventures (Especially if my main sim decides to have a baby), but I always planned, even before City Living came out, that he would still be in the same building if not across the hall from them. Though due to how frequent complaints are I am afraid they will start to get a bad relationship because one or the other makes loud noises.